Buy 2 get 1 FREE all games

From the flier.
Third item must have a price ending in .95, must be equal or lesser value and must accompany any returns.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to put Sears in the title and get rid of the K-Mart icon.
I was trying to figure out if K-mart still existed in Canada somewhere.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']You might want to put Sears in the title and get rid of the K-Mart icon.
I was trying to figure out if K-mart still existed in Canada somewhere.[/QUOTE]

I still remember when Woolco was still around.

anyone know if this is a paper ad or just an online flyer??? i called my sears and they have no idea what i was talking about. my walmart has some games i really want and said if i can bring in a flyer they would match it with any game in the store for the b2 g1

Not sure if this is such a great deal. I looked through their selection of games and most of them are pretty overpriced (older games especially).

[quote name='Princess Zelda']You might want to put Sears in the title and get rid of the K-Mart icon.
I was trying to figure out if K-mart still existed in Canada somewhere.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='gauu']anyone know if this is a paper ad or just an online flyer??? i called my sears and they have no idea what i was talking about. my walmart has some games i really want and said if i can bring in a flyer they would match it with any game in the store for the b2 g1[/QUOTE]

You probably want to put Canada in the title too.

[quote name='TripleQ']You probably want to put Canada in the title too.[/QUOTE]

Or not. It's already in the Canadian forums after all. ;)

Yes we really need some more info on this deal. Are there any game combinations which are worth it. Sears is a bit overpriced and their selection limited

[quote name='Lone_Prodigy']Was Kmart ever in Canada?[/QUOTE]

Yes, they were. There was one I frequented in the 1980's on Merivale Road. I'd go there to play their video games that they had on display.

Kmart closed its Canadian doors about 12 years ago. I think I just started high school when it closed and it was converted to a Zellers.

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I still remember when Woolco was still around.[/QUOTE] I just remember when they became Walmarts. Quite the improvement.

[quote name='retro.elite']Kmart closed its Canadian doors about 12 years ago. I think I just started high school when it closed and it was converted to a Zellers.[/QUOTE] It's been 12 years?! Now I feel ancient.

I remember when Kmart was closing down in Canada. I was a kid then and I remember I got Lion King Pinball for the PC from Kmart as it was closing down. That was a really fun game.

On Topic: That $0.95 stipulation is really stupid and makes the deal kind of useless.

[quote name='Mr.']I just remember when Woolcos became Walmarts. Quite the improvement.

[/QUOTE]

Ottawa's first Wal-Mart was a converted Woolco's at the Lincoln Fields Mall. It still stands. However, they are building a gargantuan Wal-Mart virtually across the street from me. Traffic is going to be bad for a long time to come.

I was trying to figure out if K-mart still existed in Canada somewhere.[/QUOTE]dude I was thinking I was going crazy how on earth could a kMart be in Canada and I haven't seen it.[quote name='ejamer']Or not. It's already in the Canadian forums after all. ;)[/QUOTE]wow.. you guys really weren't kidding about people not getting the Canada thing.

[quote name='helluvagood']ive never seen a kmart in canada =p..[/QUOTE]

You have to be older like me or Princess Zelda. Like nearly 40. People born around 1990 would never have seen one. They were around when I was a teen.

[quote name='lustyhitter']You have to be older like me or Princess Zelda. Like nearly 40. People born around 1990 would never have seen one. They were around when I was a teen.[/QUOTE]
I was born in '91 and I can remember K-Mart, there was one at Pembina and Bishop Grandin in Winnipeg. I don't remember ever seeing another one and I can't put a year on when it disappeared so I was probably pretty young... But I remember it!

[quote name='lustyhitter']You have to be older like me or Princess Zelda. Like nearly 40. People born around 1990 would never have seen one. They were around when I was a teen.[/QUOTE]

I beg to differ.

I was born in 90 and i vividly remember the KMART by my house that closed in 1999

I'm still 33 for 11 more days.

I remember buying my Super Nintendo at Consumer Distributing in January 1992. Fillled out the little card with the order number and quantity. I pooled together all my Christmas, Birthday and babysitting money I think it was $200 and came with Super Mario World and two controllers. I still have it and the box it came in :)

I don't think we shopped at Kmart a lot but I remember the day Future Shop opened on
Merivale Rd. I bought a Sony Sport Yellow walkmen that thing was awesome.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']I'm still 33 for 11 more days.

I remember buying my Super Nintendo at Consumer Distributing in January 1992. Fillled out the little card with the order number and quantity. I pooled together all my Christmas, Birthday and babysitting money I think it was $200 and came with Super Mario World and two controllers. I still have it and the box it came in :)

I don't think we shopped at Kmart a lot but I remember the day Future Shop opened on
Merivale Rd. I bought a Sony Sport Yellow walkmen that thing was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Im only 24 and I remember Consumer Distributing catalog!! :D

[quote name='hayabusa9016']I still remember when Woolco was still around.[/QUOTE]

I see your Woolco and raise you a Kresge.

[quote name='Princess Zelda']

Merivale Rd. I bought a Sony Sport Yellow walkmen that thing was awesome.[/QUOTE]

Which one, the old Future Shop on Merivale Road or the new one across the street?

I remember Consumers Distributing, too. Always hung out there a lot to see the video games and even bought some on occasion. Westgate Shopping Center was never the same after they closed up shop.

Well, we certainly have made use of this ice cold deal from Sears.

Nah, much younger people would remember it. ‘89 for me, and I still remember one or two in Scarborough….

[quote name='TripleQ']I remember Consumers Distributing as the store that never had anything that I wanted in stock.[/QUOTE]
Oh man. I think I remember that place.

You know what I miss? Bi-way….gosh, this thread is full of…nostalgia?! But uh, on topic. I went into Sears but didn't see any signs, plus the games seemed overpriced so I didn't ask an associate about it.

[quote name='Fuzzy']I remember circling all the toys I wanted for Christmas in the Consumer Distributing catalog.[/QUOTE] They had Earthbound on display on the wall and I begged for one at Christmas. I never got it.

I, too, vaguely remember K-Mart, and I was born in 1987. There was one right near my high school, and it was converted into a Zellers as well, and is still a Zellers to this day!

[quote name='lustyhitter']Which one, the old Future Shop on Merivale Road or the new one across the street?

I remember Consumers Distributing, too. Always hung out there a lot to see the video games and even bought some on occasion. Westgate Shopping Center was never the same after they closed up shop.

Well, we certainly have made use of this ice cold deal from Sears.[/QUOTE]

The old one. It was a huge deal because it was the first big box electronics store in Ottawa.
I use to go to the consumers at Westgate all the time. Consumers had the best prices for games and the best selection of Nintendo games. I still remember saving $10 on Super Mario All Stars SNES on release day because I bought it there.

I also miss bi-way that place was filled with crazy stuff.

I loved Consumer's Distributing. Fill out a card, give it to the employee, and a couple minutes later your item(s) come up on a conveyor belt from a mysterious dark tunnel. That was fun. What I really miss is their catalogs. Those were fun. I wish I had some old ones. I guess the closest thing we have today is the Sears Christmas Wishbook, though I never got one this year.

For my K-Mart fix, I can drive to Malone, NY. I found an awesome button shirt there last time.

I remember Bi-way. When I was a kid my mom and her best friend with her daughter would go there a lot. I still remember the smell of the store and the big bin of shoes that they would have in the middle of the store.

When Bi-way closed it was sad because I really did like that store. At the time it had lots of memories.

[quote name='PuppetDoctor']I still remember the smell of the store and the big bin of shoes that they would have in the middle of the store. [/QUOTE] Oh yeah, the Bi-way smell, that's why I didn't go in when my mom was shopping. That and it was cluttered, even worse than the Dollar Store.

Haha when I saw 40+ posts I thought there was a price error or something.

I only remember a KMart in Victoria (became a Zellers), but I do remember Woodward's. I would always get a free cookie from the bakery section.

Too young to really remember Consumer's Distributing, but I do have a memory of us returning my little brother's car seat there because of a recall. Seemed so empty for a retail store.

[quote name='gamer602']Got
Mario all stars x2
Free iron man 2

And...
Socom headset x2
Free warioland shake[/QUOTE]
Which store? Do they still have any Mario All Stars left? I wanna grab Just Dance + Just Dance 2 + Mario All Stars if they aren't paying attention to the .95 thing. Get my Christmas shopping for cousins done + collector's item for my shelf.

I thought this started today for some reason x.x

[quote name='Firestorm']Which store? Do they still have any Mario All Stars left? I wanna grab Just Dance + Just Dance 2 + Mario All Stars if they aren't paying attention to the .95 thing. Get my Christmas shopping for cousins done + collector's item for my shelf.

I thought this started today for some reason x.x[/QUOTE]

Coquitlam Central

[quote name='gamer602']Got
Mario all stars x2
Free iron man 2

And...
Socom headset x2
Free warioland shake[/QUOTE]

damnn.. socom headset is such a good deal! $20..
i bet its all sold out now

bread's done
Back