Buy 2, get 1 free Blu-ray at Amazon 1/6 to 1/16

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Starts 1/6
Link

Prices have gone up $3-$5 per title, pretty much across the board, once the sale went live at 12AM PST on 01/06/09. If the item on the list below doesn't have a "(was $xx.xx)" next to it, it's likely gone up. Even some of the ones that raised prices before the sale went live went up a second time.

Expect the prices below to be higher than shown below. An updated list will try to be compiled as time allows.

[quote name='shrike4242']Building on a great list is never a bad idea. Main "fun" with a sale like this is maximizing the value, which is best to do like-priced movies. Breaking the list down by price helps this a lot.

Above list, broken down by prices effective the time of this post:

$10.49:
Crash

$12.49:
Short Circuit (was $10.99)

$12.99:
Black Mask
Crank
The Invincible Iron Man
March of the Penguins
Monsters Ball
Step Into Liquid
Weeds s1
Weeds s2

$13.99:
A Clockwork Orange
Alexander
The Aviator
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest
Body Heat
Bullitt
Diary of the Dead
Enter the Dragon
Eraser
Every Which Way but Loose
The Gauntlet
House of Wax
The Omega man
Otis: Uncut
Out for Justice
Rest Stop: Dead Ahead
The Road Warrior
Scooby-Doo
The Searchers
The Shining
The Song Remains the Same
Space Cowboys
Sublime
Swordfish
Under Siege 2
Wyatt Earp

$14.49:
The Fugitive (was $13.99)
Oceans Thirteen

$14.99:
The Alps
Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme
Dolphins
Live on the Other Side
Manilow Live
Mystery of the Nile
Outbreak
We Are Marshall

$15.99:
Fearless Planet
Lucky Number Slevin
The Secret

$16.49:
Awake

$16.99:
The Air I Breath
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Breaker Morant
House of 1000 Corpses
Katt Williams
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible
Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow
U2 Rattle and Hum

$17.49:
Babel
Failure to Launch
Flags of Our Fathers
Mission Impossible 3
Sleepy Hollow
Trading Places
Warren Millers Playground
When We Were Soldiers
World Trade Center

$17.95:
I Am Legend

$17.99:
3:10 to Yuma
Aeon Flux
The Bank Job
Belly
Click
Company
Coral Reef Adventure (was $14.99)
The Covenant
The Departed
The Descent
The Doors
The Eye
Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag (was $14.99)
The Forbidden Kingdom
Gridiron Gang
Happily N'Ever After
Heart: Alive in Seattle (was $14.99)
Hell Ride
The Italian Job
The Living Sea (was $14.99)
Lord of War
Maria Carey
The Moody Blues: Lovely To See You (was $14.99)
RV
Rambo
Rocky
Rush Hour 3
Sahara
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls
Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
Ultraviolet
War
The Warriors

$18.49:
Black Rain
Coming to America
Employee of the Month
Four Brothers
Freedom Writers
Hustle and Flow
The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
Nacho Libre
Norbit
Reds
Robocop

$18.99:
16 Blocks
Clear and Present Danger
Chicago & E, W & F (was $14.99)
Death Proof
Firewall
The Hunt for Red October
The Invasion
The Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Pans Labyrinth
Patriot Games
Roy Oribson: Black and White Night (was $14.99)
Sheryl Crow Live
Shoot 'em Up
Suburban Girl
The Sum of All Fears
TMNT
The Terminator
Top Gun
Troy
The Usual Suspects

$19.95:
Assassination of Jesse James
The Brave One
Hairspray
Letters from Iwo Jima
License to Wed
No Reservations

$19.99:
1408 (was $17.99)
2008 Philadelphia Phillies
Assault on Precinct 13
Black Snake Moan
Blades of Glory
Cloverfield
The Condemned
Delta Farce
Die Another Day
Disturbia
Dr No
Dreamgirls
Face/Off
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia w/ Love
Human Body: Pushing The Limits (was $17.99)
The Last Waltz
Live and Let Die
Madagascar
Next
Open Season
Payback
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Shooter
Shrek the Third
Speed and Angels
Stargate: Continuum
Talladega Nights
Then She Found Me
Thunderball (bond)
Transformers
Universal Soldier
The Untouchables

$20.49:
The Who At Killburn: 1977 (was $17.99)

$20.99:
3: The Dale Earnhardt Story
Halloween
Die Hard 2
Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut

$21.49:
Basic Instinct
The Benchwarmers
Re-Cycle
Stuck

$21.99:
All the Kings Men
Good Luck Chuck
Little Man
Monster House
The Original Faces of Death
Silent Hill

$22.49:
George Carlin: Its Bad for Ya
Jewel Live
The Mist (was $20.99)
Running with Scissors
Vantage Point

$22.99:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Batman: The Movie
Die Hard
I, Robot
Jumper
Master and Commander
Planet Terror
The Ruins
Walk Hard
Witless Protection
Young Frankenstein

$23.99:
Die Hard w/ A Vengeance
Lonesome Dove
Planet of the Apes
Weeds s3

$24.49:
The Day After Tomorrow
Encounters at the End of the World
Postal
Rescue Dawn
Romancing the Stone

$24.99:
Beowulf
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
The Happening
Live Free or Die Hard
Nim's Island
What Happens in Vegas
WWE - Wrestlemania 24

$25.49:
Night at the Museum

$25.99:
The Longshots
Mr Brooks
Shine a Light
There Will Be Blood

$26.49:
Daredevil (was $24.49)

$26.99:
Bee Movie
Ice Age
Ice Age - The Meltdown
The Longest Day
The Love Guru
Man on Fire
Point Break
The Sand Pebbles
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Street Kings

$27.99:
Drillbit Taylor
Dude Where's My Car
Home of the Brave
Sweeney Todd

$31.99:
Mad Men Season 1 (was $29.99)

$32.99:
Rambo 1-3

$35.99:
Sunrise Earth: Seaside

$39.99:
When We Left Earth[/quote]

List of items thanks to Shrike and Maklershed

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of still overpriced titles in their.
Some decent ones though if you don't already have weeds for example.

Too bad mad men season 2 isnt out yet. I would of purchased 1 and 2 in a deal like this.

[quote name='GizmoGC']You guys do know Amazon will raise the price $3-$7 on each BD in that list when the sale starts, right?[/quote]Probably, which is why I put the disclaimer of "at this time" when posting the list by prices.

[quote name='sendme']Well I found something on almost every page. I have 18 in my cart now and have more that I would like to add. As of now before the buy 2 get one free comes into play I would be paying 338.32 dollars. I'm sure they will take the 6 lowest in cost and them would be the free ones. So that would bring it down to 248.38. So that is about 13.79 a disc. Not to bad for BDs. However Amazon only gave me 400 bucks on the credit card I got from them and I already have SFIV and the arcade stick on it. I don't want to spend to much and end up geting charged on the same bill. So I will chances are drop some stuff.[/QUOTE]you really need to break them down into multiple orders of only 3 movies to maximize the savings. you could probably knock off another $20 or more by doing that. keep the similarly priced movies together.

I too threw a crap ton of stuff into my cart just to make it easier in the future. I ended up adding pretty much everything under $15 because I'm also curious about the price fluctuations. I fully expect to see ______ has increased by $____ since you added it to your cart around 18 times though.

[quote name='sendme']Well I found something on almost every page. I have 18 in my cart now and have more that I would like to add. As of now before the buy 2 get one free comes into play I would be paying 338.32 dollars. I'm sure they will take the 6 lowest in cost and them would be the free ones. So that would bring it down to 248.38. So that is about 13.79 a disc. Not to bad for BDs. However Amazon only gave me 400 bucks on the credit card I got from them and I already have SFIV and the arcade stick on it. I don't want to spend to much and end up geting charged on the same bill. So I will chances are drop some stuff.[/quote]They don't bill you until the items ship out. So, if SFIV hasn't shipped yet, which it obviously hasn't, then there isn't a charge against your credit card. Same goes for the arcade stick, if that hasn't shipped out.

Thing is I'm wondering if both will be on the same bill. Now that I think about it unless all ship around the same time they should not be because SFIV and the arcade stick should be on the March bill and the BDs should be on the one I get next month. Unless all ship in the same month. Also I just ordered some that were cheaper to get on HD.

[quote name='trent82']you really need to break them down into multiple orders of only 3 movies to maximize the savings. you could probably knock off another $20 or more by doing that. keep the similarly priced movies together.[/quote]
You could throw them all in and the 'save for later' on each one, then just add them back to the cart as you decide to buy them, 3 at a time. Makes a it a little cleaner of a process.
I think I'm still just in for weeds 1, 2 and crank. Clockwork orange and aviator might be nice, but not sure there is a third there I want. Everything else above my limit.

Thanks again Cheapy, Marklershed, and Shrike!

maklershed and shrike.... u guys mean Fearless Planet not just Fearless. I was hoping for that Jet Li movie on there but i dont see it besides Fearless Planet.

[quote name='silent h3ro']Wasn't that Rambo collection ~$17-$18 in December?[/QUOTE]

That would be roughly $6 a movie...and the answer is no, I don't think it has been cheaper than $25.

[quote name='freshzen']That would be roughly $6 a movie...and the answer is no, I don't think it has been cheaper than $25.[/quote]

It was $15 on Black Friday weekend

[quote name='trunks982']maklershed and shrike.... u guys mean Fearless Planet not just Fearless. I was hoping for that Jet Li movie on there but i dont see it besides Fearless Planet.[/quote]Sorry, I was doing a C&P on Maklershed's list, and I did make a couple of changes, though I didn't catch that one earlier.

I fixed it, so it's showing Fearless Planet now.

[quote name='jacknicklson']It was $15 on Black Friday weekend[/quote]

i got the rambo collection for around $20 on bf.

[quote name='trunks982']maklershed and shrike.... u guys mean Fearless Planet not just Fearless. I was hoping for that Jet Li movie on there but i dont see it besides Fearless Planet.[/quote]

Not sure why I did that. My brain must've been numb by that point. :lol:

[quote name='shrike4242']Sorry, I was doing a C&P on Maklershed's list, and I did make a couple of changes, though I didn't catch that one earlier.

I fixed it, so it's showing Fearless Planet now.[/quote]

Thank you sir.

[quote name='JaroldL']i got the rambo collection for around $20 on bf.[/quote]
My Rambo was $17.95. I'm pretty sure that was the lowest it's ever been, and the only price is was on BF (at amazon).

Only lord of war in my cart went up and it was only a dollar. I would like to get in on this deal but i think i'm giong to have to sit this one out.

As others have said, nice selection and some worthy combos, as long as they don't raise prices. After all of the movies I got for Christmas, though, and the way money has been tight around here, I gotta stop. lol

This is a pretty good deal for New blu ray owners.
But those of us who have so many of these already, it's somewhat of a let down.
Especially considering the prices WILL go up before the sale actually begins.

Yes RAMBO 1-3 collection was 17something during the weeks up to christmas, on sale, i know because i got it, and when i was looking at the deals page now, i see it above 30, and i was like wtf. lol, glad i got it sooner.

Ran through the sale list and did some price updates. If the price has changed on an item from the list I put up there, it's been moved to the new price, and the old price is in parenthesis. If people want to do some more checking and let me know about updates in price today, post them in here and I'll update my post, then put it in the OP.

I won't have any time to do it later today, most likely, so if people want to pick some random ones and post price changes, it would be helpful. Only post if the price has changed.

Please note that from this point forward, I (or other mods) should only update the list in the OP, /not/ the one on page 3.

[quote name='jpw21683']Crud, I thought this started today. Not till tomorrow at 12pm Pacific.[/quote]

lol reminds me of BF. man i remember those sleepless nights..

dont know if i'll be waiting that long just to get a deal on them blu rays..

Hmmm, I think I may end up going after The Warriors, Black Rain (got screwed outta that one as a free blu ray when I got my PS3, since Paramount stopped making it before they got my mail in thing), and maybe Human Body: Pushing the Limits

Madagascar is currently $13.99, Bank Job is $16.99. Not sure if these prices will hold, but I guess will find out soon.

Edit: Holy crap, I'm not surprised, but everything went up big time. There's nothing in there I want badly enough to buy now, and I suspect most of these titles will be cheaper the next DD sale, soooooo, I pass. :p

Edit2: Good luck updating all the prices, mods. :p

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silent h3ro']I also got an order in right before Amazon screwed us over.[/quote]

Like you, I knew Amazon would raise the prices right away, so I stayed up to midnight to get the three I wanted for cheap. :)

[quote name='thePhildown']Like you, I knew Amazon would raise the prices right away, so I stayed up to midnight to get the three I wanted for cheap. :)[/QUOTE]

Did you still get the B2G1F promotion? Or do you call back and have a rep. adjust them under the B2G1F deal?

Yep. Judging from the results in my cart it looks like they tacked on $5 for every title. You're still technically saving money, but fuck that. Maybe they'll drop as the sale goes on.

Please note that the price of Dreamgirls (Two-Disc Showstopper Edition) [Blu-ray] has increased from $19.99 to $20.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Babel [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.49 to $19.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Flags of Our Fathers [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.49 to $19.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Letters from Iwo Jima [Blu-ray] has increased from $19.95 to $23.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of The Aviator [Blu-ray] has increased from $13.99 to $18.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford [Blu-ray] has increased from $19.95 to $23.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of There Will Be Blood [Blu-ray] has increased from $25.99 to $27.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of March of the Penguins [Blu-ray] has increased from $12.99 to $17.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Crash [Blu-ray] has increased from $10.49 to $15.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of The Departed [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Pan's Labyrinth [Blu-ray] has increased from $19.99 to $23.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of 3:10 to Yuma [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Amazing. I thought that it couldnt be this much of an increase...

Cloverfield- 19.99-> 24.95
Silent Hill- 21.95-> 25.95
Diary of the Dead- 13.99-> 18.95

and so on... what a shame.

bread's done
Back