Buy 2, get 1 free Blu-ray at Amazon 1/6 to 1/16

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Starts 1/6
Link

Prices have gone up $3-$5 per title, pretty much across the board, once the sale went live at 12AM PST on 01/06/09. If the item on the list below doesn't have a "(was $xx.xx)" next to it, it's likely gone up. Even some of the ones that raised prices before the sale went live went up a second time.

Expect the prices below to be higher than shown below. An updated list will try to be compiled as time allows.

[quote name='shrike4242']Building on a great list is never a bad idea. Main "fun" with a sale like this is maximizing the value, which is best to do like-priced movies. Breaking the list down by price helps this a lot.

Above list, broken down by prices effective the time of this post:

$10.49:
Crash

$12.49:
Short Circuit (was $10.99)

$12.99:
Black Mask
Crank
The Invincible Iron Man
March of the Penguins
Monsters Ball
Step Into Liquid
Weeds s1
Weeds s2

$13.99:
A Clockwork Orange
Alexander
The Aviator
Battle of the Bulge
Beerfest
Body Heat
Bullitt
Diary of the Dead
Enter the Dragon
Eraser
Every Which Way but Loose
The Gauntlet
House of Wax
The Omega man
Otis: Uncut
Out for Justice
Rest Stop: Dead Ahead
The Road Warrior
Scooby-Doo
The Searchers
The Shining
The Song Remains the Same
Space Cowboys
Sublime
Swordfish
Under Siege 2
Wyatt Earp

$14.49:
The Fugitive (was $13.99)
Oceans Thirteen

$14.99:
The Alps
Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme
Dolphins
Live on the Other Side
Manilow Live
Mystery of the Nile
Outbreak
We Are Marshall

$15.99:
Fearless Planet
Lucky Number Slevin
The Secret

$16.49:
Awake

$16.99:
The Air I Breath
Before the Devil Knows Your Dead
Breaker Morant
House of 1000 Corpses
Katt Williams
Lara Croft - Tomb Raider
Mission Impossible 2
Mission Impossible
Sky Captain & The World of Tomorrow
U2 Rattle and Hum

$17.49:
Babel
Failure to Launch
Flags of Our Fathers
Mission Impossible 3
Sleepy Hollow
Trading Places
Warren Millers Playground
When We Were Soldiers
World Trade Center

$17.95:
I Am Legend

$17.99:
3:10 to Yuma
Aeon Flux
The Bank Job
Belly
Click
Company
Coral Reef Adventure (was $14.99)
The Covenant
The Departed
The Descent
The Doors
The Eye
Fighter Pilot: Operation Red Flag (was $14.99)
The Forbidden Kingdom
Gridiron Gang
Happily N'Ever After
Heart: Alive in Seattle (was $14.99)
Hell Ride
The Italian Job
The Living Sea (was $14.99)
Lord of War
Maria Carey
The Moody Blues: Lovely To See You (was $14.99)
RV
Rambo
Rocky
Rush Hour 3
Sahara
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Tyler Perry's Daddy's Little Girls
Tyler Perry's Meet the Browns
Ultraviolet
War
The Warriors

$18.49:
Black Rain
Coming to America
Employee of the Month
Four Brothers
Freedom Writers
Hustle and Flow
The Manchurian Candidate (2004)
Nacho Libre
Norbit
Reds
Robocop

$18.99:
16 Blocks
Clear and Present Danger
Chicago & E, W & F (was $14.99)
Death Proof
Firewall
The Hunt for Red October
The Invasion
The Next Avengers: Heroes of Tomorrow
Pans Labyrinth
Patriot Games
Roy Oribson: Black and White Night (was $14.99)
Sheryl Crow Live
Shoot 'em Up
Suburban Girl
The Sum of All Fears
TMNT
The Terminator
Top Gun
Troy
The Usual Suspects

$19.95:
Assassination of Jesse James
The Brave One
Hairspray
Letters from Iwo Jima
License to Wed
No Reservations

$19.99:
1408 (was $17.99)
2008 Philadelphia Phillies
Assault on Precinct 13
Black Snake Moan
Blades of Glory
Cloverfield
The Condemned
Delta Farce
Die Another Day
Disturbia
Dr No
Dreamgirls
Face/Off
For Your Eyes Only
From Russia w/ Love
Human Body: Pushing The Limits (was $17.99)
The Last Waltz
Live and Let Die
Madagascar
Next
Open Season
Payback
Return to House on Haunted Hill
Shooter
Shrek the Third
Speed and Angels
Stargate: Continuum
Talladega Nights
Then She Found Me
Thunderball (bond)
Transformers
Universal Soldier
The Untouchables

$20.49:
The Who At Killburn: 1977 (was $17.99)

$20.99:
3: The Dale Earnhardt Story
Halloween
Die Hard 2
Kingdom of Heaven: Director's Cut

$21.49:
Basic Instinct
The Benchwarmers
Re-Cycle
Stuck

$21.99:
All the Kings Men
Good Luck Chuck
Little Man
Monster House
The Original Faces of Death
Silent Hill

$22.49:
George Carlin: Its Bad for Ya
Jewel Live
The Mist (was $20.99)
Running with Scissors
Vantage Point

$22.99:
Alvin and the Chipmunks
Batman: The Movie
Die Hard
I, Robot
Jumper
Master and Commander
Planet Terror
The Ruins
Walk Hard
Witless Protection
Young Frankenstein

$23.99:
Die Hard w/ A Vengeance
Lonesome Dove
Planet of the Apes
Weeds s3

$24.49:
The Day After Tomorrow
Encounters at the End of the World
Postal
Rescue Dawn
Romancing the Stone

$24.99:
Beowulf
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
The Happening
Live Free or Die Hard
Nim's Island
What Happens in Vegas
WWE - Wrestlemania 24

$25.49:
Night at the Museum

$25.99:
The Longshots
Mr Brooks
Shine a Light
There Will Be Blood

$26.49:
Daredevil (was $24.49)

$26.99:
Bee Movie
Ice Age
Ice Age - The Meltdown
The Longest Day
The Love Guru
Man on Fire
Point Break
The Sand Pebbles
The Spiderwick Chronicles
Street Kings

$27.99:
Drillbit Taylor
Dude Where's My Car
Home of the Brave
Sweeney Todd

$31.99:
Mad Men Season 1 (was $29.99)

$32.99:
Rambo 1-3

$35.99:
Sunrise Earth: Seaside

$39.99:
When We Left Earth[/quote]

List of items thanks to Shrike and Maklershed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sale is on, luckily the titles I wanted didn't have a drastic price increase. I picked up Dr. No, Planet Terror and Death Proof for about 47 shipped.

I just picked up 3 of the ones I've really wanted and I consider it a great deal. I wanted The Myst but there's not another on that list that I can see myself spending that much on, let alone one in that price range to get free.

The price of Wrestlemania shot up like most out of the ones in the list.

More importantly...most of the crap I wanted is completely gone from the list :whistle2:\ Where's Mummy, Mummy Returns and Dawn of the Dead?! Completely disintegrated...No way those three 'sold out'.

[quote name='AlphakirA']More importantly...most of the crap I wanted is completely gone from the list :whistle2:\ Where's Mummy, Mummy Returns and Dawn of the Dead?! Completely disintegrated...No way those three 'sold out'.[/quote]They were there ? Ever since the list was first shown all ive been seeing 247 movies, hasn't changed .

[quote name='gamerguy2k7']This deal is worthless now, unless prices go back down, which probably won't happen[/quote]

Of course the prices will go back down. Just as soon as this sale is over.
Amazon has been doing this from day ONE, back when they still did B1G1. The only difference is, back then it would take them about half a day into the sale to actually adjust the prices.
Clearly there is somebody new at the Helm over there.

wow...i thought that i was possibly being a little too pessimistic, but it is actually worse than i expected. last night i came up with 12 movies that would cost me $140...with the new prices, those same movies would cost me $170. no deal amazon...no deal.

late last night they lowered the sum of all fears and sleepy hollow to $13.99 and then raised them to $19.95 after just a few hours...what goofballs do they have running this stuff?

Well, I think this is a pass for me, after the price increases. I only had three movies I wanted, and they all jumped $4 each, so that's more than I wanted to deal with.

Yea they jacked the prices now. No need to spend any penny :( I try to get Weeds Season 1 & 2 and The Searchers under $27 shipped. Maybe another 3 movies under $27. But now it went up $36.90 - $37.90. Thanks amazon mine wallet is safe :)

Well screw you, Amazon, I just bought March of the Penguins a few days ago! It would have been nice to get two more movies for $18 or so extra. Though just like last time there isn't much on that list that interests me. And I still have a few movies unopened from Christmas for my new PS3. All anyone wants to do in this house is play LBP - no time to watch movies!

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Method: [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]FREE Super Saver Shipping [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Shipping Preference:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]Group my items into as few shipments as possible[/SIZE][/FONT] Subtotal of Items: $80.58 Shipping & Handling: $5.95 Super Saver Discount: -$5.95 Promotion Applied: -$19.95 ------ Total for this Order: $60.63 [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]

Shipping estimate for these items: January 12, 2009 [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
dvd_display_on_website-blue-icon._V47059976_.gif
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"Gridiron Gang [Blu-ray]"
Kevin Dunn; Blu-ray; $22.95

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The Untouchables (Special Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]"
Robert DeNiro; Blu-ray; $14.73

Sold by: Warehouse Deals, Inc [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"3:10 to Yuma [Blu-ray]"
Christian Bale; Blu-ray; $22.95

Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC [/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]1[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"The Hunt for Red October [Blu-ray]"
Sean Connery; Blu-ray; $19.95

I got the discounted "The Untouchables" from "Warehouse Deals" as it qualified for free Super Saver Shipping. I got the other three as my buy-2-get-1. Thanks, CheapyD!
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='Frogurt.man']There still there.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000324041[/quote]

Doesn't discount them. Just tried and they are not getting discounted in a B2G1, looks like they removed them. Although getting 3 at 15.99 each is similar to what the deal ends up becoming for the other titles that are officially on the B2G1. Might be able to get them on an email message for that though...

Edit: I ordered Knocked Up, 40-Year Old Virgin and AOP13 from that list (but not the other list) and then followed-up with an email mentioning the link from the B2G1 from above saying I didn't get the discount off. It's apparent they likely took these off the B2G1 list, but I figure at 16-20 a piece for 3 movies I want on that list, it's worth getting and sending the email requesting I get one of them free. I'll let you guys know what happens and if I get 16 bucks knocked off my order. I mean, if they don't honor this, that's definitely false advertising as they show up right there.

Death Proof [Blu-ray] - Michael Bacall
$19.95 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock - Eligible for Amazon Prime shipping rates: join now

The Departed [Blu-ray] - Leonardo DiCaprio
$22.95 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock - Eligible for Amazon Prime shipping rates: join now

300 [Blu-ray] - Gerard Butler
$22.95 - Quantity: 1 - In Stock -
So $46, it comes out to $15.30 each? Works for me, I'll probably pull the trigger when I get home from work.

[quote name='thebob101']Remember, Weeds s1 & 2 are $13 at www.bestbuy.com. Don't know about free shipping, but well worth it IMO.[/quote]In-store pickup takes care of that, if it's available, plus Silver RZ members get free budget shipping, so that fixes that if you're a Silver member.

Important Messages
Please note that the price of Lucky Number Slevin [Blu-ray] has decreased from $15.99 to $14.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of The Departed [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead [Blu-ray] has increased from $16.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Also, the B2G1 deal ain't supposed to start until 12PM Pacific today. Folks that have already ordered...did you get the cheapest one free?

[quote name='jpw21683']Important Messages
Please note that the price of Lucky Number Slevin [Blu-ray] has decreased from $15.99 to $14.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of The Departed [Blu-ray] has increased from $17.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Please note that the price of Before the Devil Knows You're Dead [Blu-ray] has increased from $16.99 to $22.95 since you placed it in your Shopping Cart. Items in your cart will always reflect the most recent price displayed on their product detail pages.

Also, the B2G1 deal ain't supposed to start until 12PM Pacific today. Folks that have already ordered...did you get the cheapest one free?[/quote]

Yeah, it's active on the link in the OP and I already got my order in, but not in the "other" link list. With that I figured they took off many of the 16 dollar Uni titles from the official B2G1, so I took my chances and ordered 3 of them, linking to that link and I am going to hope the best and they honor that.

yeah, it's been working all morning. if i would have known that it was going to start at midnight instead of noon, i would have gotten up during the night to try to get my orders placed before they raised the prices.

Not a bad deal, all things considered. Just bought six (Kingdom of Heaven - Director's Cut, I - Robot, Transformers, Lucky Number Slevin, Clockwork Orange and Sweeney Todd) for

[quote name='shrike4242']From Russia With Love, Thunderball and Dr. No.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, it's been so long since I've seen any of the old Bond films.

Annnnnd the deal doesn't work. I add Mummy, Mummy Returns, and Dawn of the Dead and it gives me absolutely no discount. I went through the final pages and all. Nothing. Way to fuck up other than the obvious raise in prices Amazon.

After getting the six Bond Blu-rays plus four others in December for $58 and change from Amazon, this deal pretty much sucks. I may get Road Warrior, Monster's Ball and Lucky Number Slevin, still thinking about it.

i definitely would have bought something if they had not jacked up the prices. why amazon whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Just a heads up... these all went up in price from $3-6 on average from yesterday, so you're not getting as much of a deal as you think ;)

[quote name='dg7md']Doesn't discount them. Just tried and they are not getting discounted in a B2G1, looks like they removed them. Although getting 3 at 15.99 each is similar to what the deal ends up becoming for the other titles that are officially on the B2G1. Might be able to get them on an email message for that though...

Edit: I ordered Knocked Up, 40-Year Old Virgin and AOP13 from that list (but not the other list) and then followed-up with an email mentioning the link from the B2G1 from above saying I didn't get the discount off. It's apparent they likely took these off the B2G1 list, but I figure at 16-20 a piece for 3 movies I want on that list, it's worth getting and sending the email requesting I get one of them free. I'll let you guys know what happens and if I get 16 bucks knocked off my order. I mean, if they don't honor this, that's definitely false advertising as they show up right there.[/quote]

Wow super lame.

[quote name='trent82']yeah, it's been working all morning. if i would have known that it was going to start at midnight instead of noon, i would have gotten up during the night to try to get my orders placed before they raised the prices.[/quote]

I actually checked prices 2 hrs before the sale started(it started 12am pst btw). Prices were still the same(atleast for the movies I was interested in). Went back a few minutes before the sale started & they had already been jacked up. I was hoping they wouldn't jack the prices up until after the sale started but no luck which means no buys for me. The few movies I was interested in went up $4-5 each with the exception of one that went down $1.

[quote name='xcoax']Im kind of looking at it as a blessing in disguise, as I didn't have the money to blow on these anyway...[/quote]

ditto

[quote name='DestroVega']why do they do this shit? people aren't stupid[/quote]Yes there are a lot of stupid people who still think this is a great deal. Especially when you compare the prices to Best Buy, for example.

Thanks for the list shrike, it proves not everything was jacked up beyond reason.

I may bite on Sweeney Todd, There Will Be Blood and Young Frankenstein.

My idea of using that other link to choose 3 of the 16 dollar ones that used to be on the B2G1 and were on that other link list this morning worked! Ordered them and then sending an email worked like a charm. Not sure if it will still be effective though, but I am impressed with Amazon honoring that. It's worth a shot if you really want some of those ones that were taken off the "official" sale.

I'm sorry that our promotional offer was not applied to your order.

To correct this error, I've requested a refund of $15.99 to reimburse you for the amount you were erroneously charged. This refund should be issued to your credit card within the next 2 to 3 business days.

I put in my order for The Assassination of Jesse James, Jumper, and Kingdom of Heaven the first few hours of the sale. All three for basically 16.66 a pop, thats a deal to me.

Wow they removed A LOT of movies now. I remember it was like 9 pages long or something, now its only 4 0_o

[quote name='bullsrfive']I put in my order for The Assassination of Jesse James, Jumper, and Kingdom of Heaven the first few hours of the sale. All three for basically 16.66 a pop, thats a deal to me.[/quote]
You're a braver man than I; I can't stomach more than $10 a blu-ray.

Dark Knight and Iron Man are the only ones I paid over 20.
Ones I currently own and prices paid

Spiderman 3 1.98
Stir of Echoes 2.90
Speed 9.99
Hostel 2 9.99
300 13.66
The Departed 13.66
Hellboy 13.66(Amazon B2G1 promo in October)
Hellboy 2 17.99

I'm pretty picky when it comes to paying over 10 for a Blu-ray.

[quote name='bullsrfive']I put in my order for The Assassination of Jesse James, Jumper, and Kingdom of Heaven the first few hours of the sale. All three for basically 16.66 a pop, thats a deal to me.

Wow they removed A LOT of movies now. I remember it was like 9 pages long or something, now its only 4 0_o[/quote]

They removed a lot, but not that many. There's still 247 on the list that'll automatically take off the price of the cheapest one.

Most Blu Ray movies is very cheap 2 Dics version on DVD. It'll be very cheap in a year or two, lol No need to hurry to up grade my DVD to Blu Ray :)

bread's done
Back