Buy 2 get 1 free on Nintendo DS games at Bestbuy.com for MyNintendo members

poopy

CAGiversary!
Step 1 open a MyNintendo account at Nintendo.com if you don't already have one

Step 2 register your Nintendo DS with your Mynintendo account

Step 3 Go to this link
http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds/

Step 4 follow the link to Bestbuy's website that Nintendo gives you and order your games

*Not yet confirmed whether it works with Pre-orders or not*

From Nintendo's site:
"Online only offer. Savings will be reflected in your cart when all promotional requirements are met. If you remove any of the qualifying items from your cart or cancel all or part of your order, you will not receive the promotional savings. This offer is not valid in combination with other offers. Offer good only at BestBuy.com; promotion not valid in store. Offer may only be redeemed once during the two week promotional period. Shipping charges shall apply to free item. Items must ship to a single mailing address. Items may ship separately. Promotion expires on September 15, 2006. Offer subject to change.

Offer good in the U.S. only (excluding Puerto Rico). Offer is valid only to My Nintendo members who have (a) registered a Nintendo DS, and (b) become or already are members of BestBuy.com. Promotion applies to Nintendo DS titles only. Free game must be a Nintendo DS title of equal or lesser value that BestBuy.com has in-stock. All three games must be purchased during the same transaction."

Well, here's how I got the deal to work. DQ: Rocket Slime, Star Wars, and Mario Kart.

1. Call 1-888-Best Buy. Tell the person that you are having problems placing an order online and need to talk to the online department.

2. Once you get transferred, tell the person that you are trying to use the Buy 2 get 1 Free deal for Nintendo DS games posted on the site and that some combinations work, but others do not.

3. They will ask if there are any restrictions to the deal, at which time you tell them that the games have to be available and in stock. They will then say, ok I'll see if I can place the order for you.

4. Make sure you have the SKU number. You can find this by placing your mouse pointer over the picture of the game you want.

5. Long crappy process of spelling out your name, billing address, email, credit card info.

6. Verify total on the games, then tell the person that you want in store pick up.

7. Pick up the games and do a happy dance!;)

Why doesn't everyone just PM at Circuit City?
Or MAKE Best Buy do the deal in store.
I know the deal says On-Line Only, but explain to the manager that the deal will not work. I am sure they will understand and do the deal in-store!

I tried to get them to do it in store with no luck. I even had print outs of the deal from their site and nintendo's site. It's probably YMMV on that.

I took the print out from the nintendo site and the first page from best buy in regards to this deal. Told them that I was having issues ordering online and that even though it says online only I was hoping they would honor in store since they "price match" the site. The manager looked over it and said he would. Scored star fox, mario hoops and megaman for 64.00 and change.

Most stores won't pricematch to internet deals unless it specifically says in store. I've had problems at both Circuit City and Walmart trying to match unadvertised web specials.

[quote name='Stink_Pickle']I took the print out from the nintendo site and the first page from best buy in regards to this deal. Told them that I was having issues ordering online and that even though it says online only I was hoping they would honor in store since they "price match" the site. The manager looked over it and said he would. Scored star fox, mario hoops and megaman for 64.00 and change.[/quote]nice nice, too bad i'm in canada :cry:

They only have Mario and Luigi Partners at my Best Buy.. no Dragon Quest or Megaman ZX...

damn.. I gotta drive 30 miles to go to the NEXT nearest Best Buy..

^ you telling me there isn't much stocks of Dragon Quest left on BBs? I thought square-enix usually brings a good quantity of their games on BB...

Just to share my experience:
I was just able to place an order on the phone for Starfox, Mario Hoops, and Megaman ZX. It took a few times of calling on the phone to get someone who was helpful. Starfox was on backorder and I was still able to get this deal. All I can say is keep calling until you get someone who knows what the hell they are doing.....

This is so damn frustrating. I tried my local store--nope. I tried BestBuy.com's 800 number and they say someone will get back to me in 2-3 business days. This is a crock. I'm going to contact nintendo to complain. I feel like they're letting me down by partnering with such a crappy vendor.

For all the good it will do, I sent this to Nintendo.com:

Dear Nintendo,
I was pretty excited when I saw your promotion for "Buy 2 DS games, get 1 free" at http://www.nintendo.com/bestbuyds. I logged in under my user name (XXXXXXXXXXX) and clicked through the link to get my free game. I ordered 3 in-stock, released games, (as stipulated in the offer details) and much to my surprise I did not get my 3rd game for free. Everything was regular price. The games are Harvest Moon, Mega Man ZX, and Dragon Quest Heroes. So I called BestBuy.com and they said they will research the problem and get back to me (gave me a ticket number, ########). They told me it will take 2-3 business days to for someone to get back to me. Then I did an internet search and found that I'm not the only one having this problem:
http://www.destructoid.com/sweet-deal-on-ds-games-at-bestbuycom
(see comments from "Metro Mapper")
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=18&threadid=649345
(users report having problems with this offer as early as September 2nd)
http://forums.slickdeals.net/showthread.php?sduid=0&t=320971
(users here report having problems as early as September 2nd also)
Since we're 2 weeks in on this issue, their telephone rep should have known about the problem and solved it for me when I called--or transferred me to someone who is specializing in fixing that known problem.
Why is Nintendo partnering with an online vendor that can't fix this promotional problem in a timely fashion? Next time, can you partner with a vendor whose online website works--like Amazon.com? It's rediculous that I could be waiting until next Tuesday to hear back from bestbuy.com over an issue that has been broken since day 1 of the promotion.

Hey!
What is that warm splash of asparagus-smelling water all over me? :?:
Oh, that's me pissing into a stiff wind...:bomb:

[I didn't link here in the above letter because I know registration is required]

I sent a letter similar to yours to nintendo and this was their response which I recived on Sept 12th:

Hello,*************

We're continuing to work with Best Buy on this promotion to eliminate the
problems that have been occurring. I have forwarded your scenario to the
department at Nintendo that works with Best Buy. Hopefully, these issues will
soon be addressed.

Nintendo of America Inc.

If you really want the games that aren't working, your best bet is to go to best buy and see if they will adjust the game prices to match the online deal....It worked for me and some other people.

Ok well his my little story of trying to get this deal to work. I too habloc's advice in his post and I called up Best Buy. I was trying to get Mario Hoops, Mega Man, and DQ. First lady I spoke to no help at all. Did not even know about the deal and got a supervisor for me. Next woman (who was a supervisor) informed me that this is a deal through Nintendo not through them. Which was funny as hell to me because she had no idea what she was talking about. Then she transfers me. I get this guy who says I must be doing something wrong, like I'm trying to order a game that is not released yet. I asked for his supervisor. Finally this guy says he can do it for me and any agent there should override it if I am having problems. But...........he could not do it right then because there systems were down. He said I would have no problems getting someone else to do it and told me to call back in a hour or so. That right there was about 30 mins of being on the phone. I call about 2 and a half hours later. Lady I get now has no idea about the promo. Again I ask for a Supervisor. This supervisor will not do it for me and said he has to send it to there research department and they will get back to me in 3-5 days but it does not gurantee that it will work. I explain to him that if the deal says any DS games and the only restrictions are they are in stock and ready to ship I could not understand why he would not do it. I told him about the other Supervisor and he just kept repeating about the resarch department. I asked the guy is there some reason BB does not want my money. I'm not asking for credit or anything off I'm just trying to buy something through an offer they have. Hung up with him after about another 20 minutes. I decided to print out the ad and go to the store. Told them the situation. Fibbed a little and said that BB.com said since it was not working on the site in sotre they would honor. (I usually dont lie but I was already lied to by one of there associates so i was kind of pissed). Kid spoke to his manager and said they would hnor it!!! To bad they did not have DQ at my BB, i got Harvest Moon instead. ANyway sory for the huge post just wanted to put my 2 cents in. I think the best way to get this work is to go in store and just explain the situation.

[quote name='eastx']Look out, a wall of text!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't let it fall on you!!![/QUOTE]
Haha. Sorry I had to post what happenend.

Good luck with Best Buy online customer service. For a problem with a DVD order where they shipped me the wrong movie, I could not get them to correct the problem. Their solution was for me to send back the wrong movie and then they would credit my order. That was it, I would not get the movie I had ordered.

Repeated calls to BB online Customer service involved talking to nameless individuals who could barely speak english, supposed managers who were rude (one hung up on me). I was not being obnoxious about the problem, I just kept getting different information from each person I talked to, so their explanations never made sense.

My suggestion which worked for me, is to call Best Buy Corporate instead. There I talked to a real person (with a real name!) who was sympathetic to my problem and worked to resolve the issue with Best Buy Online directly. He was shocked to hear that I would get hung up on, and sounded like he was going to get to the bottom of it. He sent me an email from his real email account with details on what he had done, reshipped the movie I had ordered (that's all I wanted), and told me to keep the misshipped title for my troubles.

[quote name='PerryD']Good luck with Best Buy online customer service. For a problem with a DVD order where they shipped me the wrong movie, I could not get them to correct the problem. Their solution was for me to send back the wrong movie and then they would credit my order. That was it, I would not get the movie I had ordered.

Repeated calls to BB online Customer service involved talking to nameless individuals who could barely speak english, supposed managers who were rude (one hung up on me). I was not being obnoxious about the problem, I just kept getting different information from each person I talked to, so their explanations never made sense.

My suggestion which worked for me, is to call Best Buy Corporate instead. There I talked to a real person (with a real name!) who was sympathetic to my problem and worked to resolve the issue with Best Buy Online directly. He was shocked to hear that I would get hung up on, and sounded like he was going to get to the bottom of it. He sent me an email from his real email account with details on what he had done, reshipped the movie I had ordered (that's all I wanted), and told me to keep the misshipped title for my troubles.[/QUOTE]

If you just returned the wrong dvd and reorderd the right one like they said, wouldn't that give you the same result that you wanted anyway? You went though a lot of trouble to just avoid reordering.

And I think they even include a return form with each order.

I was able to go to another BB and get them to honor the deal in store. They just didnt have 3 games I would have gotten to use it on.

[quote name='scottman']If you just returned the wrong dvd and reorderd the right one like they said, wouldn't that give you the same result that you wanted anyway? You went though a lot of trouble to just avoid reordering.

And I think they even include a return form with each order.[/QUOTE]

Alright, a little more detail is needed. The wrong DVD was actually the wrong order, my name was on the outside of the box, but the order on the inside was not mine, instead an order from some guy from Arizona I think, including his name on the return label.

What they wanted me to trust them to do was for me to return someone elses order on my dime, and somehow they would be able to connect this with my order, and they would refund my shipping charges. I had very little faith in that occuring correctly.

There was even more confusion since I used McDonalds bucks which couldn't be refunded (they could only credit what I paid). It was a mess all around, believe me. And I won't even go into the threat from the CS rep about billing me for the others guys order if I didn't return it promptly.

I went to BB today and told the customer service lady the problem about the online deal.. after speaking to the manager, she said that they will accept it.

So, I finally got my 3 games!!

I tried it this evening and it went through with no problem. I just picked up a DS so I was pretty stoked with the deal. You CAGs do rule.

[quote name='newtype06']so it does work in in-store then eh? you need to bring the bb and nintendo webpages yes?[/quote]

Yup! That's what I did.. I printed out the email, the nintendo page promo and the bestbuy page..

I printed out the Nintendo page and the Best Buy page and went to the customer service desk and got Lego Star Wars, Pokemon Blue Dungeon blah blah, and the new Starfox game for $68.

I tried to price match in store and this nigger freaks out. He comes running over (Manager apparently) and starts saying "NONONONONONONO! That's online only, sorry." and I try to explain it doesn't work and he's just saying how it's not in store. Then I go to the customer service desk and this girl is saying how he must be crazy and that they've always price matched their online things and says she would gladly do it for me. However, they only had 1 Metroid Prime and it was still at the cashier desk. So she says to just go over there and get them back. So I go over there and the cashier says she'll just do it for me and the manager sees me again and comes (literally) speed walking over and is just like "no" and I was said "Excuse me?" And he says the same old thing. I then explain the lady in customer service said it's fine and he goes on with this bullshit about how I probably just printed it out and don't even have a DS. so fuck that. I called the number on their site and wasted 15 minutes more of my time just to get these.

/end wall of text

Ugh, I had a similar experience today. I got utterly no where with the dumb asses at customer service. I might bite the bullet and call up Best Buy for a few hours to get this deal to go through.

Wait a second..... we have a nigger fuck? AWESOME!!! nigger nigger nigger fuck fuck fuck

Finally got it to work for me:

New Super Mario Brothers
Star Fox Command
Mario & Luigi - Partners in Time

$73.xx shipped including tax. OK deal I guess.

I've tried PM'ing to two BB's B&M with no luck at getting this deal to work. I had all the sheets and the flier and came out empty handed. One store was all like "we just had a discussion by our manager to not PM our site" and "B&M is not part of BB online and so we can't help you with this." I've called a couple of times to the BB number and I end up being sent to the "research group." I almost want to say that the effort to get these games cheaper is not worth it. Jesus the CAG in me is losing it. I'll try calling them a few more times tonight.

[quote name='Gnuh']I've tried PM'ing to two BB's B&M with no luck at getting this deal to work. I had all the sheets and the flier and came out empty handed. One store was all like "we just had a discussion by our manager to not PM our site" and "B&M is not part of BB online and so we can't help you with this." I've called a couple of times to the BB number and I end up being sent to the "research group." I almost want to say that the effort to get these games cheaper is not worth it. Jesus the CAG in me is losing it. I'll try calling them a few more times tonight.[/QUOTE]

Yea. I was gonna go call the number or go into the store but seeing how there really isn't 3 games I wanted and not wanting to waste time with this deal I'm gonna pass for now. But if they do fix this by next week when Mario vs. DK 2 comes out I'll buy soem shit. :)

I'm going to try a online buy with instore pick-up with some games that do work with the deal and exchange them for games i want within that store. I'll post results if this worked.

[quote name='Gnuh']I'm going to try a online buy with instore pick-up with some games that do work with the deal and exchange them for games i want within that store. I'll post results if this worked.[/quote]

I'm going to try visiting a store to get this offer price matched to save the hassle, but your method may work, Gnuh. I've returned items I've bought online to the store. Because of the nature of the purchase, they have to refund your purchase first, before they ring up the new purchase. I'm not sure how much luck you'll have trying to get new DS games for the promo price.

Gah, this deal stinks. It just shouldn't be this much trouble.

[quote name='GrimNecroWizard']Hopefully these are good. I can't wait to play Baby mother fucking park.[/quote]

!!! Another who realizes the nigh-infinite awesomeness of BABY PARK!

[quote name='RollingSkull']!!! Another who realizes the nigh-infinite awesomeness of BABY PARK![/QUOTE]
We had to call it MAN PARK.... best track ever

[quote name='utopianmachine']I'm going to try visiting a store to get this offer price matched to save the hassle, but your method may work, Gnuh. [/quote]

Some guy on FW managed to get this to work so I might as well try my luck since this is basically my last resort.

This is just bull when they say that B&M is different from Online. If that were the case, online prices would not reflect the prices in store, and vice-versa (except when on store specific clearance/price reduction/etc.)

Best Buy just likes to change their policies on the fly when it's convenient for them. After all, we all know how hard it can sometimes be just to get a price match for an advertised game, when we have the ad in hand, and it's very clearly marked with a picture and a price.

[quote name='Archgarth']This is just bull when they say that B&M is different from Online. If that were the case, online prices would not reflect the prices in store, and vice-versa (except when on store specific clearance/price reduction/etc.)

Best Buy just likes to change their policies on the fly when it's convenient for them. After all, we all know how hard it can sometimes be just to get a price match for an advertised game, when we have the ad in hand, and it's very clearly marked with a picture and a price.[/quote]

Well not all online and B&M prices are the same. This is especially true for DVDs at BB.

Tried to get the deal to work with Star Fox, Mario Hoops and Metroid Hunters...but it wouldn't

After spending an hour on the phone with 1 888 Best Buy they guy was going to do the order for me, and it STILL wouldnt work.

BAH!

What a bunch of crap. I really want Star Fox, but I'm honestly thinking of just going to Ebay to pick up a copy or buying 3 from BB and selling the other two. I also remember seeing a used copy at Gamecrazy for 22.99... seems a lot less hassle.

bread's done
Back