Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

getfckedx

CAGiversary!
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Partially matching Best Buy's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on select titles. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply. The promotion likely ends January 22nd.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, Get 1 Free Select Titles at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
*sigh* LBP2 isn't working in the discount. i tried buying that, skate 3 and valk chronicles 2 and it doesn't work. then i tried replacing it with a different game and it works fine.

*update*
ahhhh nevermind apparently the regular edition is OOS :cry:

[quote name='sublime90']sweeet!!!! i literally just picked up a PS3 1 week ago with uncharted. so heres my haul

inFAMOUS (PS3) $27.99
Killzone 2 (PS3) $27.50
Ghost Trick (DS) FREE

with shipping grand total $62.94[/QUOTE]
ouch i picked up infamous and killzone for 10 bucks each during the black friday deal.

LORD ALL MIGHTY i cant get the fucking promo applied. AND I CANT TURN THE FREAKING 1 click off even when it is turned OFF every time i hit proceed to checkout it uses 1 click

Somebody can help me? it just doesnt add the discount for me

AND YES i turned off 1 click. I EVEN DELETED every adress in my adress book to force off the 1 click

[quote name='Curufinwe']Games I would like to get, but aren't part of this deal:

Katamari Forever
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Alana Wake
Tomb Raider Underworld[/QUOTE]

You may be better of going to Bestbuy and getting some gamer reward zone points for those then...

I pre-ordered LBP and ME2 on Sunday (before they were added to the B2G1 deal), and I e-mailed Amazon this morning asking if I could still qualify for a new game. They told me to go ahead and order the 3rd game and then tell them the order number and they would credit my card for the price of the game.

The e-mail just came back saying the processed my refund for the 3rd game and that I would see it on my credit card statement in a few days. So, when it was all said and done, I got LBP2, ME2, Borderlands GOTY and $40 in credit (from pre-ordering LBP2 & ME2) all for the price of LBP2 & ME2.

[quote name='cromb24']I pre-ordered LBP and ME2 on Sunday (before they were added to the B2G1 deal), and I e-mailed Amazon this morning asking if I could still qualify for a new game. They told me to go ahead and order the 3rd game and then tell them the order number and they would credit my card for the price of the game.

The e-mail just came back saying the processed my refund for the 3rd game and that I would see it on my credit card statement in a few days. So, when it was all said and done, I got LBP2, ME2, Borderlands GOTY and $40 in credit (from pre-ordering LBP2 & ME2) all for the price of LBP2 & ME2.[/QUOTE]

hmm i might have to email them i got me2 recently and i was planning on getting dcuo with the credit but if i can pick that up and got a 3rd free that would be great.

Ordered Ghost Trick x2 and Prinny 2. Bought 2 copies of Ghost Trick from Fry's, so I'll return those. Basically ended up paying less than $2 more to get Prinny 2.

[quote name='cromb24']I pre-ordered LBP and ME2 on Sunday (before they were added to the B2G1 deal), and I e-mailed Amazon this morning asking if I could still qualify for a new game. They told me to go ahead and order the 3rd game and then tell them the order number and they would credit my card for the price of the game.

The e-mail just came back saying the processed my refund for the 3rd game and that I would see it on my credit card statement in a few days. So, when it was all said and done, I got LBP2, ME2, Borderlands GOTY and $40 in credit (from pre-ordering LBP2 & ME2) all for the price of LBP2 & ME2.[/QUOTE]

Same case, I bought LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 on Sunday (and got the $20 gift cards for both).
I just finished my chat with a rep and I just got also DC Universe Online FOR FREE, as part of the Buy 2 get 1 free :D

:whee::bouncy:\\:D/:rofl:

This sale seems to be broken and the game choices are random. No thanks, Amazon. I would've happily purchased The Sly Collection, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and NBA Jam on the 360, but the 360 version isn't on sale and The Sly Collection is on the page for qualifying games but doesn't count when you view the item page or add the game to your cart.

This is lame.

[quote name='FerDK']Same case, I bought LBP2 and Mass Effect 2 on Sunday (and got the $20 gift cards for both).
I just finished my chat with a rep and I just got also DC Universe Online FOR FREE, as part of the Buy 2 get 1 free :D

:whee::bouncy:\\:D/:rofl:[/QUOTE]

I just tried but ended not doing it, because it would end up more expensive (I want DC Universe Online, but I'll probably wait for a price drop, and if it was free it was a good deal).

Bought Mass Effect 2 on January 17 (+$20 promotional credit) and Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete on January 18 (Lightning Deal). The rep told me that I could apply for B2G1, mentioned DC Universe Online, and the price I was supposed to pay bumped from $83 to $140, making each game worth more or less $47, and I'd be losing the $20 promotional credit (that I haven't received yet) because only one promotion is valid.

After finishing the chat I made some math, if I ordered the three items right now it should have been $56.99 + $56.03 + $37.99 = $151.01 - $37.99 (lowest priced game) = $113.02 / 3 = $37.68 (each game). Not sure why the price that the rep gave me was higher (?)

So, would it be worth losing the $20 promotional credit and the $12 Lightning Deal discount for the B2G1 deal?

[quote name='Killrig']This sale seems to be broken and the game choices are random. No thanks, Amazon. I would've happily purchased The Sly Collection, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and NBA Jam on the 360, but the 360 version isn't on sale and The Sly Collection is on the page for qualifying games but doesn't count when you view the item page or add the game to your cart.

This is lame.[/QUOTE]

The games work fine(minus NBA Jam), you have to actually get to the checkout screen to see the discount but I just tried with GoW and Sly Cooper + another game and it was ringing up correctly

I'm trying to buy 3 games right now but the discount isnt showing up on the "submit order" page. Is it suppose to show up or do they discount it later on?

[quote name='Azuvidexus']I just tried but ended not doing it, because it would end up more expensive (I want DC Universe Online, but I'll probably wait for a price drop, and if it was free it was a good deal).

Bought Mass Effect 2 on January 17 (+$20 promotional credit) and Grand Theft Auto IV: Complete on January 18 (Lightning Deal). The rep told me that I could apply for B2G1, mentioned DC Universe Online, and the price I was supposed to pay bumped from $83 to $140, making each game worth more or less $47, and I'd be losing the $20 promotional credit (that I haven't received yet) because only one promotion is valid.

After finishing the chat I made some math, if I ordered the three items right now it should have been $56.99 + $56.03 + $37.99 = $151.01 - $37.99 (lowest priced game) = $113.02 / 3 = $37.68 (each game). Not sure why the price that the rep gave me was higher (?)

So, would it be worth losing the $20 promotional credit and the $12 Lightning Deal discount for the B2G1 deal?[/QUOTE]

Answering my own post, made some calculations, and if I wait until DC Universe Online drops $10~$15 in a couple of months it would end up being a better offer than using the B2G1 (and losing the $20 credit). Seeing that Amazon discounts are usually $10~15 when there are promotions, it would be possible in a near future.

And since I'm not really rushed to play DCUO, waiting wouldn't kill me (still got plenty to play).

What probably screwed me up was GTAIV: Complete, those that can take advantage of this are the ones that bought more expensive games and already received their promotional code.

[quote name='Killrig']This sale seems to be broken and the game choices are random. No thanks, Amazon. I would've happily purchased The Sly Collection, God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and NBA Jam on the 360, but the 360 version isn't on sale and The Sly Collection is on the page for qualifying games but doesn't count when you view the item page or add the game to your cart.

This is lame.[/QUOTE]

Is not broken at all.
You'll see the discount just before placing your order.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Answering my own post, made some calculations, and if I wait until DC Universe Online drops $10~$15 in a couple of months it would end up being a better offer than using the B2G1 (and losing the $20 credit). Seeing that Amazon discounts are usually $10~15 when there are promotions, it would be possible in a near future.

And since I'm not really rushed to play DCUO, waiting wouldn't kill me (still got plenty to play).

What probably screwed me up was GTAIV: Complete, those that can take advantage of this are the ones that bought more expensive games and already received their promotional code.[/QUOTE]

I haven't lost my credit for LBP2 and ME2 (and as I told you today I got DCU Online for free by chat).
The truth is that Amazon costumer service is very YMMV but most of the time they rock.

[quote name='FerDK']I haven't lost my credit for LBP2 and ME2 (and as I told you today I got DCU Online for free by chat).
The truth is that Amazon costumer service is very YMMV but most of the time they rock.[/QUOTE]

Did you get the credit on the account already? Or they haven't sent it yet? Because of how you wrote earlier I understood that you already have the credit, while I haven't received mine yet (so they can't really take your credit if you already have it, but they can cancel mine because I don't have it).

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']How DOES Amazon give you credit in these cases? Do they send you a code to enter in or do they automatically apply it?[/QUOTE]

It depends, if it's a gift card they send you a code by email, if it's a promotional credit they apply it to your account.

Edit: That's how promotional credits used to work; I just tried checking if I had my credit and the page that used to show it is gone, so I'm guessing that they send a code by email, the same as gift cards:

Do you have a gift card or promotional code? We’ll ask you to enter your claim code when it’s time to pay.

[quote name='Azuvidexus']Did you get the credit on the account already? Or they haven't sent it yet? Because of how you wrote earlier I understood that you already have the credit, while I haven't received mine yet (so they can't really take your credit if you already have it, but they can cancel mine because I don't have it).[/QUOTE]

Yep, I had it before taking advantage of the 3x2 promo.

Got the same deal through e-mail because of your post. Had ordered ME2 and LBP2 on Sunday, and also took advantage of the B2G1 promotion already, and they still gave it to me. No idea if it's random or because I've spent so much on Amazon in the past month. Thanks.

[quote name='JonnyHeartthrob']How DOES Amazon give you credit in these cases? Do they send you a code to enter in or do they automatically apply it?[/QUOTE]

Normally they put it directly in your account.
If you want to check your credit balance just put a video game in your cart go through the checkout and just before placing the order see if there's a "promotion applied" discount on the total before taxes. That's how I check it.

I ordered LBP 2 C.E. and noticed it hasn't shipped. I asked the person in chat about adding games to my to get the B2G1F and was told to cancel and reorder. I had a $20 credit applied directly to my account from the pre-order so I was fine with it. I got the following:

LBP 2 C.E.
LBP 2 Guide
Red Dead Redemption
Red Dead Undead
Demon Souls

Total $122.22

I feel the much better with this order and I was able to use my $20 credit on it. Funny thing is the delivery date is still the same as my previous order.

I tried to get the buy 2 get one free because I got 20 dollars off lbp2 CE I was unable too according to guy on chat

[quote name='rich024']I tried to get the buy 2 get one free because I got 20 dollars off lbp2 CE I was unable too according to guy on chat[/QUOTE]

2 amazon reps told me just to return/rebuy and theyll cover shipping and u keep the 20 promo from the preorder.

I added Batman Arkham Asylum PS3, Super Mario 64 DS, and LBP2CE to my cart, but the total isn't taking off one of 'em. Any idea why? It should take off SM64DS, and all of those are on the list of 'em, but only on SM64DS's page is the yellow box showing that it's eligible. Didn't see anywhere that it'd take 'em off in checkout, but..

[quote name='Rozz']There's a bug in the 360 version that if you do something prior to an event in the game then you will not be able to progress (unless you have an old save far in advance to that situation.) A patch was never released for those who ran into the bug either. :roll: Gotta love how they put out broken games like these then the companies whine about used games eating their profits.[/QUOTE]

This had to do with one of the boss fights/puzzles. Its a pretty short game so even if you had to start over you wouldn't lose too much time but I could see where it's frustrating. Make multiple saves and read ahead online to see what to avoid with the glitch. I got it but luckily I had another save that wasn't too far back. O and just play the whole game on the hardest difficulty the first time if you care about achievements, it's not really any harder and you'll get a ton of gamerpoints just beating the game.

[quote name='moop2001']What the hell is wrong with the delivery date for Mass Effect 2 and DC Universe? 3 weeks?![/QUOTE]

they sold out early because of the $20 promo and then the b2g1free

my amazon story-

i preordered ME2 on the 17th. got $40 promo from cs. woke up this morning, found another 20 promo email (i think its the actual one i was supposed to get because its automated). so thats like $60 promo total thus far. i used $40 promo to get artbooks for school, leaving me with $20. i called today to see if i can adjust my ME2 order for the b2g1f promo. after no luck with 3 reps, i did a follow up survey and had a rep call me back. this lady was amazing. she initially told me to do the return/rebuy, but when i explained to her that would make a huge hole in my bank account and that it was backordered/not shipping for 1-3 weeks, she said i could keep ME 2 and then pick 2 games and buy 1g1 half off. considering i essentially was given ME2 for free because of how much promo they gave me, i figured this was a good deal, so I got LBP2CE $77.74 and Heavy Rain for $27 (1/2 off)= $104.74 which i thought was pretty good, but then my leftover $20 promo from ME2 was applied and the grand total is $84.74.

long story short, i got LBP2CE+heavy rain+ME2= $84.74 (i count ME2 as free because they gave me $60 promo). i hope that makes sense, i am still in disbelief.

[quote name='technicalstylez']they sold out early because of the $20 promo and then the b2g1free[/QUOTE]

oh well, i'm assuming it won;t really be that long?

[quote name='technicalstylez']my amazon story-

i preordered ME2 on the 17th. got $40 promo from cs. woke up this morning, found another 20 promo email ...i called today to see if i can adjust my ME2 order for the b2g1f promo. after no luck with 3 reps, i did a follow up survey and had a rep call me back...she said i could keep ME 2 and then pick 2 games and buy 1g1 half off.

i am still in disbelief.[/QUOTE]

You called 3 times and filled out a horrible survey, what's there to be in disbelief about?

[quote name='MICHGoBlue']You called 3 times and filled out a horrible survey after having extra $40 promo on accident, what's there to be in disbelief about? Besides the fact someone like you donated a kidney and contribute to society?

No offense.[/QUOTE]

none taken man. the 40 promo before wasnt accidental- i had called to see if could get my 20 promo from ME2 to use for the gold box event but was denied and then immediately chatted with another rep to see if they'd do it for me. both rejected me so i went to sleep for a bit, woke up and checked my emails and had received a separate email from each rep saying they were sorry they couldnt help me but because im a loyal customer (since 06) they had each given me 20 promo to use for gold box event. this was total surprise to me since i didnt think i'd have my promo to use for the gb event so i was super happy with that already, but then today's experience with LBP2CE and heavy rain just made the past few days seem unreal to me, plus i found out the kidney i donated is working at a superhuman level :lol:

I think I got the best deal out of this. I managed to get ME 2, LBP 2, and GT5 for basically $35 total! So this is how my story goes... I ordered both ME 2 and LBP 2 for $115 and when they each included $20 promotional credit. When I got an email saying that I would only receive $20 promotion, I had to bitch at CS for nearly the whole day, just trying to get that $20 credit. And somehow after numerous emails and chats, I ended up with $80 in credit. I had no intention of getting that much, but at this point, I can't complain. Then I felt guilty with this next move, trying to combine my ME 2 and LBP 2 purchase with the B2G1 free deal... but it worked! The CSR was so nice to me I nearly fell in love. I managed to get GT5 for free. And since I payed everything with promotional credit I already had, it's basically like paying $35. I'm sorry if some of you'll think I'm a grimey mofo, but I really push the Cheap Ass in CAG.

[quote name='Vap']That's funny cause I was thinking of getting Prof Layton,Ghost Trick and Lufia. I already have the other 2.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, my only problem is that I can think up multiple reasons to not buy every game I'm interested in. The first reason stems from spending like $350 on video game stuff this month, which is way out of my budget (although I don't have a budget...).

I have a $25 GC to use, and if the LivingSocial GC comes through, I'll bite on some stuff. It would end up about $57-60 before GCs, so it would be like $25 ($60 - $45 + $10 for the livingsocial GC) for 3 games I hear people raving about. Now that is a good deal.

Ordered Uncharted Drake's Fortune, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box and Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective. Pretty good deal.

[quote name='hwmusic']this deals decent, but CAG worthy? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

And that's why you're a CAG in Training. Tell me how getting a $60 game for free isn't CAG worthy. You don't know what the fuck that even means do you? f'n noobs these days.

So Mass Effect 2, LBP 2, and DCU Online are now eligible for B2G1. I already bought them at Best Buy the other day but when I factor in the no tax and $20 deal from livingsocial, is it worth waiting the 4 weeks?

Is there a way to get free shipping with this deal?

I would have bought some stuff but I can't seem to pull the trigger due to $7 in shipping.

[quote name='doodmandood']Is there a way to get free shipping with this deal?

I would have bought some stuff but I can't seem to pull the trigger due to $7 in shipping.[/QUOTE]

just select free super saver shipping

you are awesome

I had failed to see that the past 3 times I added things to my cart

I got Killzone 2, Infamous, and KH: Re:Coded for essentially $20 each..

Pretty happy about it.

[quote name='hwmusic']this deals decent, but CAG worthy? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]
Your still in diapers.....your opinion don't matter.:booty:

bread's done
Back