Buy 2 Get 1 Free tomorrow (Friday) at Gamestop. Possible YMMV *Updated

IeclipticI

CAG Veteran
Really surprised this isn't up yet.

As the title states there will be buy 2 get 1 frees happening at Gamestops this weekend. Buy 2 Get 1 Free sales apply on all used games and accessories for those who don't know. Also stacks with EDGE cards which is an additional 10% off. This is happening in my district at least so its possible this may be YMMV. I'm up in Eastern Washington. We put up signage up tonight before I left for it. ( I'm an employee)

Update

Just got home and apparently there was a mix up in my district and only one store was supposed to go Buy 2 Get 1. We were told shortly after opening to immediately take down all signage. Sorry for all the confusion guys. I know this has been like the third or fourth mix up for the whole buy 2 get 1 issue.

And I just now noticed I misspelled tomorrow and feel dumb. Sad Face. I fail guys.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so hard for me to get excited about this... I honestly can't think of anything that's left, at this point. The only games I haven't picked up yet are Bayonetta and Borderlands... but my wife would figuratively KILL me and literally HARM me if I bought more video games right now. I got away on a technicality with the pre-orders, though. :D

I'm hoping Gamestop considers Eastern Washington and Northern Idaho in the same district. Although if it is in Eastern Washington only, it'd give me an excuse to go to gamecrazy as well.. Thanks for the heads up though!

[quote name='MSI Magus']Course this happens after I bite the bullet and purchase a bunch of stuff for PS2 knowing their tossing out manual/cases.[/QUOTE]
What?! Is that just your local store or have all of them been instructed to do this?

[quote name='buckythekat']gah I hope it's universal, I want to get Ratchet & Clank: ACiT & Demon's Souls at my local GameStop[/QUOTE]

You might want to hold out on Rachet & Clank for a bit. It just moved into the greatest hits lineup, so the price should be going down on it.

[quote name='Optical']What?! Is that just your local store or have all of them been instructed to do this?[/QUOTE]

No clue, I have a topic about this at video game discussion forums and so far the answer seems to be mixed(but mostly my area). I have been to about 7-9 stores in the last week or two and only one or two are still keeping ALL PS2 cases and manuals. All the rest have taken all PS2 games under $5 and gutted them and now sell the disks up in a giant tray at the counter like they do GBA/GBC games.

[quote name='MSI Magus']No clue, I have a topic about this at video game discussion forums and so far the answer seems to be mixed(but mostly my area). I have been to about 7-9 stores in the last week or two and only one or two are still keeping ALL PS2 cases and manuals. All the rest have taken all PS2 games under $5 and gutted them and now sell the disks up in a giant tray at the counter like they do GBA/GBC games.[/QUOTE]

I've seen that as well. Right at the counter: "PS2 Games $5 and Under!" Disc-only in those little yellow slips

[quote name='MSI Magus']No clue, I have a topic about this at video game discussion forums and so far the answer seems to be mixed(but mostly my area). I have been to about 7-9 stores in the last week or two and only one or two are still keeping ALL PS2 cases and manuals. All the rest have taken all PS2 games under $5 and gutted them and now sell the disks up in a giant tray at the counter like they do GBA/GBC games.[/QUOTE]

A few local GS have done this as well and were instructed to do so.

[quote name='rawrker']A few local GS have done this as well and were instructed to do so.[/QUOTE]

Leave it to Gamestop to ruin their current stock of old games to conserve the small amount of shelving space they have. Instead of just reducing the price across the board through a sale, they permanently ruin any inclination for most buyers to purchase their PS2 stock.

Smart.

[quote name='GlassAgate']You might want to add, to the title, that it applies only to used games.[/QUOTE]

At this point, I think all CAGs know it's used games only. GS has never done a B2G1 on new games. It's always been on used.

[quote name='DarkRider23']At this point, I think all CAGs know it's used games only. GS has never done a B2G1 on new games. It's always been on used.[/QUOTE]

All CAGs SHOULD know but it doesn't stop so many from asking the same old questions: "does this work on everything including new games?" "can I buy 2 .99cent games and get a $59 game free?" "does this stack with blah blah deal?"

[quote name='rawrker']All CAGs SHOULD know but it doesn't stop so many from asking the same old questions: "does this work on everything including new games?" "can I buy 2 .99cent games and get a $59 game free?" "does this stack with blah blah deal?"[/QUOTE]

At least nobody has asked "does this work on consoles?"... i think.

i live in so cal and if there's anyone near glendora, ca i know for a fact that they're having the b2g1f sale this weekend...just to let anyone who it could help out know...

[quote name='DemonsMaster']No b2g1 free at the local gamestops in my area of western washington[/QUOTE]

Weak, thats where I live also.

Ok, I just got home from work and decided to stop by the all the Gamestop stores in my area. None of the FIVE stores in my area are having the sale. Oh and these locations are all in Western Washington (South Seattle).

The stores that I checked were Burien, Roxbury, and all 3 Southcenter Gamestops(its like a Starbucks in there...one store every 200 steps).

Hmmm, WTF.

I just called 8 stores in and around west LA, and only 1 of them knew about the sale, and in fact mentioned it when they picked up the phone. Makes me wonder if it is chain wide, and most employees simply don't know about it.

Gonna hit up the 1 store in a bit though.

Nothing around my area. Passed by a GS near my house no go and the one at the mall is also a no go. Ended up buying the Lenovo laptop deal at frys that was posted on SD though.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']None of the local GS are are running this :([/QUOTE]

um and you are where?

Well this is definately just a YMMV, regional thing. Gamestop also always advertises it on the website when the deal hits as well. There have been a couple regional B2G1 free posted in the past month, so they'll probably do a national one as summer sets in.

Another false alarm(as usual).

Oh well. I'm running out of GS credit as it is and most of mine is locked up via pre-orders and online orders as of now.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']I am in California, So-Cal to be exact. I always get he shaft for YMMV things :(.[/QUOTE]

Don't feel too bad. From where Kube is, and where I'm at, this isn't even an Eastern Washington deal, it's just a single store, or the couple in that community, deal.

Man I remember from like Oct-Dec there were like 4-5 B2G1 free sales. We havent had one since. I have saved so much credit, i am so sad it's taking FORVER for this sale to come back!

[quote name='rawrker']Not happening in California, at least in San Joaquin area but not surprised.[/QUOTE]

What area of the San Joaquin are you in?

Mine has this going on. Manager said it was because there's a Play N' Trade in the area that's competing. Only about 5 stories in the region have it going on.

[quote name='JaylisJayP']Mine has this going on.[/QUOTE]

It would be totally awesome if people could remember to actually include where they are when they post things like this. ;)

[quote name='Maskim']Don't feel too bad. From where Kube is, and where I'm at, this isn't even an Eastern Washington deal, it's just a single store, or the couple in that community, deal.[/QUOTE]
I couldn't be further from where he is (Connecticut) and at least one store here is doing it (Manchester). I haven't checked any others, but I might today. I've never heard of Play N Trade and there certainly aren't any around here.

There are a couple of Play N' Trades in the area here (Northern VA), but I was at the GS store that's probably closest to one of them last night and they didn't have any B2G1 going on. So apparently just proximity to a Play N' Trade isn't the only factor.

[quote name='Damian']I couldn't be further from where he is (Connecticut) and at least one store here is doing it (Manchester). I haven't checked any others, but I might today. I've never heard of Play N Trade and there certainly aren't any around here.[/QUOTE]I don't doubt it. Single stores have this deal going on all the time. It's all about the district manager deciding that store needs to post some better numbers, so that individual store will run a B2G1. Really has nothing to do with the location I don't think.

[quote name='jza1218']Gamestop's on Steinway Street in Queens, NY are having a B2G1 free this weekend, to coincide with Steinway Days.[/QUOTE]

Just logged in to post this. I'm in Astoria too.

bread's done
Back