Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember when I bought Metroid Prime for the gamecube last month and the disc didn't even work I had to go to a local GS and swap it it's pretty annoying

Was about to ask the employee to grab Pokemon SoulSilver/SMT: Strange Journey/Phantom Hourglass for me but opted against it at the last second. Wanted a complete game more than getting my first games for DS.

Guess the DS shall wait until another day to get some playing time.

That was a waste of 40 minutes.

Pretty decent opportunities for some flipping here. Using the Trade 2, Save $40 deal (though you'll have to go cancel your Madden preorder later), you can get a couple games from the list for ~$40 or even a little under and then a free game of your choosing. Cheap games I noticed were Oblivion GotY, MUA2, SSFIV, & Tropico 3 on 360 & also FNR4 on PS3.

But that's only if you get your games in the next 2 days.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Interestingly, the fine print when the coupon is applied says valid until 7/18 at 11:59pm. Think that's a mistake?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that. Hoping it holds online until the scheduled price drops on Sunday.

[quote name='Gertle627']Pretty decent opportunities for some flipping here. Using the Trade 2, Save $40 deal (though you'll have to go cancel your Madden preorder later), you can get a couple games from the list for ~$40 or even a little under and then a free game of your choosing. Cheap games I noticed were Oblivion GotY, MUA2, SSFIV, & Tropico 3 on 360 & also FNR4 on PS3.[/QUOTE]

Only problem with that is the T2, S40 promo only lasts until the 18th...and I doubt you'll get your games by then to trade in...

[quote name='kataztrophik']Only problem with that is the T2, S40 promo only lasts until the 18th...and I doubt you'll get your games by then to trade in...[/QUOTE]
Ahh, thanks for pointing that out.

Can you mix and match, buy 2 games and get an accessories; wih the
understanding that it has to be equal or lesser value.

[quote name='001100']Can you mix and match, buy 2 games and get an accessories; wih the
understanding that it has to be equal or lesser value.[/QUOTE]
yes mix and match any way u want as long as its NOT new products

Damn you gamestop..One for never actually doing my order that I got all the way through the confirmation page for and now for going so slow that I can't just place another one....DAMN YOU VIDEO GAME GODS!!! on a side note I got 2 used games in the mail today from gamestop that i wasted some of those $10/20 codes both came with artwork which I was shocked about but one disc looks like someone took a fork and scratched it in a /\/\/\/\ sort of line. Guess I'll take that one back once I get all my orders from this sale as I'm sure one or two (assuming I only order 3 games) will need to be switched out.

Okay CAGs, I need y'all to make my decision for me. Let me preface this by saying my backlog is currently very large (10-15 current gen games), so whatever I pick up will likely get put in that queue.

I have about $100 in disposable income so I can really only get one set of 3 games. My choices (and commentary) are below. Any advice on what to wait to get (assuming more price drops in the future) is welcome. Any suggestions on what to pick up on this deal now? Thanks for any help!

:wii:Super Mario Galaxy 2 (beat the first one, but got to the point at the end where I just wanted enough stars to finish) $40
:wii:Monster Hunter Tri :)psp:MHFU is sitting unplayed on my shelf, but a friend has MHT so I could play online) $35
:ps3:God of War 3 (still playing through GoW collection) $40
:ps3:Demon's Souls (cheaper than the rest, so not the best for B2G1) $25
:ps3:MAG (is it still active online?) $35
:ps3:Heavy Rain (more expensive than the rest, so not the best for B2G1) $50
:360::ps3:Darksiders (only $33 new on Amazon) $35

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Okay CAGs, I need y'all to make my decision for me. Let me preface this by saying my backlog is currently very large (10-15 current gen games), so whatever I pick up will likely get put in that queue.

I have about $100 in disposable income so I can really only get one set of 3 games. My choices (and commentary) are below. Any advice on what to wait to get (assuming more price drops in the future) is welcome. Any suggestions on what to pick up on this deal now? Thanks for any help!

:wii:Super Mario Galaxy 2 (beat the first one, but got to the point at the end where I just wanted enough stars to finish) $40
:wii:Monster Hunter Tri :)psp:MHFU is sitting unplayed on my shelf, but a friend has MHT so I could play online) $35
:360::ps3:Darksiders (only $33 new on Amazon) $35[/QUOTE]

Darksiders is getting a price drop to $20 new at GS on Sunday, used will probably be accompanied, so I'd avoid that for B2G1.

I believe Demon's Souls is also scheduled for a drop to $30 new on Sunday. Amazing game, worth every penny, especially at these price points.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=267284

Right now, the B2G1 description in cart says it expires at 11:59 Sunday night, which would be awesome w/ the price drops, but that may not hold since the banner says it expires Saturday.

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Okay CAGs, I need y'all to make my decision for me. Let me preface this by saying my backlog is currently very large (10-15 current gen games), so whatever I pick up will likely get put in that queue.

I deleted the ones I don't have the system for(aka Wii) and I'll try to enlighten you on the ones I have owned.

God Of War 3-short(6-7 hours) but epic game. Not worth $40 imo. If you have a $10-20 off coupon from GS from a prior sale, buy it with that for $20 at most.

Demon's Souls-mind numbingly, frustratingly hard RPG. But a refreshing change of pace from all of these RPG's nowadays that hold your hand and are far too easy. Well worth the price of admission. Although if you don't wanna risk having your game invaded by another player who might have less than altruistic intentions(aka wanna kill ya n steal your stuff), then I would suggest playing it offline.

MAG-good online ONLY(aka Warhawk)shooter that's ONLY good if you play with friends who can watch your back or if you're insanely good at shooters. I tried it, I hated it, I traded it.

Darksiders-really good God Of War clone. I actually enjoyed it more than God Of War 3 personally. It has really good voice acting and an insane number of weapons you can mix and match to make some insane combos with.
[quote name='kynetarse']Darksiders is getting a price drop to $20 new at GS on Sunday, used will probably be accompanied, so I'd avoid that for B2G1.

I believe Demon's Souls is also scheduled for a drop to $30 new on Sunday.

Right now, the B2G1 description in cart says it expires at 11:59 Sunday night, which would be awesome w/ the price drops, but that may not hold since the banner says it expires Saturday.[/QUOTE]
Only problem is that those 'price drops' are for a sale/promo and as such they probably will NOT stack with the B2G1 at all. Moreover, the B2G1 is always on USED games and Demon's Souls price is for NEW copies during the next sale. Usually for those temporary sales the used price does NOT drop.

You sort of answered your own question there. While SMG2 may not go to the front of your backlog to play you have to consider that mario games take forever to drop in price. With that in mind I would go with the first 3 on your list. As great of things I've heard about heavy rain I can't believe it still hasn't dropped in price. Of course maybe it did and gamestop pulled it back up for this sale. But then again we all know that gamestop would never do such a shady thing as that.............

Got 27 games today. Store employees were so nice they even helped me find all the games, mixed and matched cases and manuals. Great store.

Hey guys here's the situation. I placed an order for Modnation racers and GTA IV both for PS3 on tues. night. When I check the order history, it shows that modnation racers has shipped and there is a tracking number for it, but GTA IV shows Pending, and has no tracking number. The thing though, is, that they took the amount of both Modnation and GTA IV out of my gift card, so both have been paid for. I find it weird though, cause i thought that both items would ship together. Anyway, if it matters though, i also used SAVER free shipping. Any ideas guys? Thanks!

EDIT: And if by some reason they CANCEL GTA IV, they would put the amount back in my GC right?

[quote name='JP']Got 27 games today. Store employees were so nice they even helped me find all the games, mixed and matched cases and manuals. Great store.[/QUOTE]

HOARDER!

LOL J/k jp, nice find, what games though?

Geez jp what all did you buy? Oh and side note my 4am order that wasn't listed in my order history on their website I just now at 3pm, 11hours after I placed the order got a confirmation email. I have of course since then already placed another order for the exact same items. Guess I'll wait and see if they charge me for both and ship both and then go from there.

[quote name='kynetarse']Darksiders is getting a price drop to $20 new at GS on Sunday, used will probably be accompanied, so I'd avoid that for B2G1.

I believe Demon's Souls is also scheduled for a drop to $30 new on Sunday. Amazing game, worth every penny, especially at these price points.

Right now, the B2G1 description in cart says it expires at 11:59 Sunday night, which would be awesome w/ the price drops, but that may not hold since the banner says it expires Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up on the price drops! I only looked through the first set of links in that thread.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I deleted the ones I don't have the system for(aka Wii) and I'll try to enlighten you on the ones I have owned.

Only problem is that those 'price drops' are for a sale/promo and as such they probably will NOT stack with the B2G1 at all. Moreover, the B2G1 is always on USED games and Demon's Souls price is for NEW copies during the next sale. Usually for those temporary sales the used price does NOT drop.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the input as well. I was leaning toward GoW3, but maybe I should wait for a price drop. How is Dante's Inferno?

And Mrright4you4now, you are probably correct. I think SMG2, MHT, and GoW3 may be the ones I go with (depending if I can find something else I do not have for around $40).

Thanks all for the input.

[quote name='JP']Got 27 games today. Store employees were so nice they even helped me find all the games, mixed and matched cases and manuals. Great store.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit man! :shock: What games did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?

[quote name='JoeZiggadigga']Thanks for the input as well. I was leaning toward GoW3, but maybe I should wait for a price drop. How is Dante's Inferno? Thanks all for the input.[/QUOTE]
I haven't managed to pick up a cheap copy of Dante's Inferno as of yet. I was waiting for a price drop to around $20-ish before picking it up, since from all of the videos I've seen of it it looked like God Of War with a pallette/skin swap. So I didn't want to pay too much. Plus with my insane backlog of 15 or so games right now I don't need to be buying more games.

Yet that's exactly what I find myself doing often as of late.:lol: I either need to stop surfing to CAG till I finish my backlog or just learn to have some willpower.:D

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer'] Plus with my insane backlog of 15 or so games right now I don't need to be buying more games.

Yet that's exactly what I find myself doing often as of late.:lol: I either need to stop surfing to CAG till I finish my backlog or just learn to have some willpower.:D[/QUOTE]

^^^ This!! A million times this!!

[quote name='jrzshore']Didn't Gamestop online used to guarantee case and manual for all PS3/360/Wii games? When did that change?[/QUOTE]

At least 3-4 months ago.

When they started the guarantee, there was a huge PR and marketing push. (See you local CAG archives.)

Of course, when the guarantee went away, we heard nary a peep.

So people kinda assume there's still a guarantee but they find out there isn't one until they get their shitty games in the mail.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I haven't managed to pick up a cheap copy of Dante's Inferno as of yet. I was waiting for a price drop to around $20-ish before picking it up, since from all of the videos I've seen of it it looked like God Of War with a pallette/skin swap. So I didn't want to pay too much. Plus with my insane backlog of 15 or so games right now I don't need to be buying more games.

Yet that's exactly what I find myself doing often as of late.:lol: I either need to stop surfing to CAG till I finish my backlog or just learn to have some willpower.:D[/QUOTE]

IMO Anyone who owns a PS3 has pretty much no reason to pick up Dante's Inferno. I tried to like it and even wanted to like it but it is just a really poor version of GoW so I think it is a total pass. I certainly can see anyone who wants that kind of game for their 360 going for it though because it isn't horrible when you don't have GoW to compare it to.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Plus with my insane backlog of 15 or so games right now I don't need to be buying more games.

Insane backlog of 15 games? Well then I don't know what to call mine of 100+ lol. I do know what you mean though. I buy way more games than I have time to play. I guess we are all just waiting until we win the lotto so we can finally get to gaming.

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Holy shit man! :shock: What games did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]

+1 here

holy smoke....

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']HOARDER!

LOL J/k jp, nice find, what games though?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='mrright4you4now']Geez jp what all did you buy?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Holy shit man! :shock: What games did you buy, if you don't mind me asking?[/QUOTE]
[quote name='msuna']holy smoke....[/QUOTE]

I didn't think it was that many games but I guess looking back it might have been. I sold my 360 a while back and just got another one a few weeks ago so I figured I'd restore a good portion of my collection in one purchase.

All 360.
Afro Samurai - $14.99 (FREE)
Brutal Legend - $17.99 (FREE)
Bully: Scholarship Edition - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Burnout Paradise - $17.99 ($16.19 after EDGE)
Burnout Revenge - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Call of Duty 4 - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Fable II - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Far Cry 2 - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Fracture - $9.99 ($8.99 after EDGE)
Gears of War - $8.99 ($8.09 after EDGE)
Gears of War 2 - $19.99 (FREE)
Grand Theft Auto IV - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Halo 3 (Collector's Edition) - $14.99 (FREE)
Lego Indiana Jones - $7.99 (FREE)
Mercenaries 2 - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Overlord - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Overlord 2 - $17.99 ($16.19 after EDGE)
Rock band - $7.99 ($7.19 after EDGE)
Saints Row - $9.99 (FREE)
Scene It! LCA - $9.99 ($8.99 after EDGE)
Sid Meier's Civiliazation Revolution - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
SoulCalibur IV - $19.99 (FREE)
Tom Clancy's Hawx - $19.99 (FREE)
Too Human - $8.99 ($8.09 after EDGE)
Unreal Tournament III - $8.99 (FREE)
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $7.99 ($7.19 after EDGE)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)

$261.75 after all discounts and taxes. Comes out to a $10 average on the games. All the cases were mint and come with manuals. A good 70% of the discs were in near mint/great condition and the rest did show some signs of usage. This store was even nice enough that if the plastic sleeve or the case itself was damaged they switched it out with a few of the spares in the back. I'm only shopping at that store from here on out. Northside Indy cags, the Keystone Crossing store on 86th St. Go there, best GameStop on the northside.

[quote name='bilbobagins3']IMO Anyone who owns a PS3 has pretty much no reason to pick up Dante's Inferno. I tried to like it and even wanted to like it but it is just a really poor version of GoW so I think it is a total pass. I certainly can see anyone who wants that kind of game for their 360 going for it though because it isn't horrible when you don't have GoW to compare it to.[/QUOTE]
I did like the third God Of War, but it was wayyyyyy too short to be worth $60.
Plus that one line in the game about choosing 'the other one' leads me to believe that we haven't seen the last of the God Of War universe games and that we'll see one with Kratos' 'brother' soon enough.:roll:
I'm willing to play ANY game as long as it has a decent storyline and isn't glitchy as hell.
[quote name='Gertle627']Insane backlog of 15 games? Well then I don't know what to call mine of 100+ lol. I do know what you mean though. I buy way more games than I have time to play. I guess we are all just waiting until we win the lotto so we can finally get to gaming.[/QUOTE]
If not for all of my cheap GS credit I've had over the last 2-3 years due to flipping games I probably would still be playing on a PS2/Xbox combo with about 100 games between those two consoles and not even have a PS3. Then there's also my classic games that I have never even touched(Genesis model 3 and numerous old Genny games, SNES with about 5 of the 'must have' games for it).

So I could probably go till the next next gen is out just finishing the games I have currently and skip buying the ones from this gen till they're being cleared out for 75% off.:D

Picked up :ps3:

Cloudy with a chance of Meatballs
Cabela's Outdoor Adventure
Up!

Got UP! for free. after paying $40 for the other two.

Gonna attempt to get Batman AA:GotY and two copies of Army of Two: The 40th Day if my buddy wants to pitch in a little.

I've been eyeing Magna Carta 2 and Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Think I'm gonna pick those up along with a copy of SMG2 to flip. One of my local stores has all three in stock used.

Gonna wait until Sunday for Sacred 2/Darksiders.

I want SMG2, Toy Story 3, and can't think of another one, maybe Heavy Rain or Bioshock 2 any recommendations. Any suggestions of another game?

:lol: It looks like the silly taggers have struck again on this thread.

If you've never noticed the price discrepancies before, during and after sales, then you need to pay closer attention.

Mind ya, during the last B2G1 I found a couple which rang up higher than marked and as long as you're adamant about getting it for the lower marked price(s) most stores WILL do so for you.

I picked up three at my local Gamestop

Wii:
No More Heroes 2

PS2:
Xenosaga III
Disgaea

There wasn't too much to select from with the PS2 games, and I still think they charge too much for Wii games.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:lol: It looks like the silly taggers have struck again on this thread.

If you've never noticed the price discrepancies before, during and after sales, then you need to pay closer attention.

Mind ya, during the last B2G1 I found a couple which rang up higher than marked and as long as you're adamant about getting it for the lower marked price(s) most stores WILL do so for you.[/QUOTE]

In some states they have to sell you the item for the marked price by law. I know Michigan is this way, not sure which other states.

Alright, just got back from GS with 3 games

PS3
Metal Gear Solid 4 $17.99 used
Red Faction Guerrilla $17.99 used
Valkyria Chronicles $17.99 used

With the deal, my Edge card, and a $25 gc, I paid right around $10 for them, all in pretty mint cases with manuals.

I actually couldn't find RFG at the first store, so I just picked up a copy of Dead Space (which was same price) and swapped it for RFG at another store. They even gave me back 9 cents because the sales tax was different. LOL

I asked them if they were busy b/c of the deal, and the guy told me he rang up more sales in the one hour he's been there than all previous week!

[quote name='bilbobagins3']IMO Anyone who owns a PS3 has pretty much no reason to pick up Dante's Inferno. I tried to like it and even wanted to like it but it is just a really poor version of GoW so I think it is a total pass. I certainly can see anyone who wants that kind of game for their 360 going for it though because it isn't horrible when you don't have GoW to compare it to.[/QUOTE]

New PS3 copies have the first DLC for free included in the package, and the PS3 version has a lot of free bonuses that, unfortunately, are stuck on the disk (soundtrack, artwork, etc.)

[quote name='kozuchrules']What is the code that stacks with this online, the one for free shipping?[/QUOTE]
"SAVER"

Picked up:
Dante's Inferno :psp:
Little Big Planet :psp: (free)
Resistance: Retribution :psp:

Mario Pinball Land :gba:
Gunstar Super Heroes :gba: (free)
Lunar Legends :gba:

In addition, I got lucky and found a sealed SMT: Persona :psp: Collector's Edition at a GS for $19.99. :bouncy:

bread's done
Back