Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']
You can have my copy of Borderlands for PS3 for like $20 shipped, since I doubt I'll ever play that cel shaded Fallout clone.:roll: I watched my one buddy play it and just judging by how it played and how drawn out he said it was I'll end up trading it soon enough.[/QUOTE]

I really enjoyed Borderlands and to call it a Cell shaded Fallout clone isn't doing it justice I think. First of all, it's a twitch shooter, so if you're a fan of games like Call of Duty etc, you'll enjoy this game. Very fast paced, tons of action, and situations can get hectic quite quickly. This is in terms of the shooting aspect of the game, which is done very well IMO. It's not much like Fallout, probably closer to a Diablo FPS. Loot is like 50% of the game. The quests can be a bit tedious at times, but not all of them are required to advance the story forward. I found myself clearing through the "instances" multiple times to get more loot and to level. Give it a try, you might be surprised

[quote name='kataztrophik']I really enjoyed Borderlands and to call it a Cell shaded Fallout clone isn't doing it justice I think. First of all, it's a twitch shooter, so if you're a fan of games like Call of Duty etc, you'll enjoy this game. Very fast paced, tons of action, and situations can get hectic quite quickly. This is in terms of the shooting aspect of the game, which is done very well IMO. It's not much like Fallout, probably closer to a Diablo FPS. Loot is like 50% of the game. The quests can be a bit tedious at times, but not all of them are required to advance the story forward. I found myself clearing through the "instances" multiple times to get more loot and to level. Give it a try, you might be surprised[/QUOTE]
I think I largely grabbed it cuz I was stumped as to what to get as my third game the last time the B2G1 rolled around and I remembered my one buddy saying he wanted to try out Borderlands.

It was the 'free' game out of the three I picked up(w/ Bioshock 2 and AVP rounding out the trifecta). I only enjoy shooters that are either for series I've liked, be it movies or game series, so the other two are ones I'll try.

But since it appears that there's nothing unique(imo) about Borderlands, it's probably going to my trade list, since I'm not about to give it back to GS for $10-11, though that is close to what I paid for it due to the B2G1.

Normally I loathe FPS games, but the only reason I can tolerate the Bioshock games is because they have the plasmids and you can change up which weapon(s) you're using and use enviro kills with the plasmids. Plus there's the hacking mini games on the vending machines for the various items.

Shooters like COD:MW and so on bore me to fuckin' tears so chances are I'll be snoring on Borderlands really quick.

The Gamestop I went to is completely gutted...I may try to look at a Gamestop at a mall near where I work today.

Still, I manage to pick up some cheap classics for Xbox 360.

:360: Banjo-Kazooie Nuts & Bolts ($17.99)
:360: Halo Wars ($17.99)
:360: Brutal Legend (FREE)

Cool stuff.

I got:
LOST: Via Domus - $9.99
Unreal Tournament III - $8.99
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones - $7.99 (FREE)

Came out to be $20.18 all together. Not shabby at all!

[quote name='HDShadow']Cool stuff.

I got:
LOST: Via Domus - $9.99
Unreal Tournament III - $8.99
Kung Fu Panda/Lego Indiana Jones - $7.99 (FREE)

Came out to be $20.18 all together. Not shabby at all![/QUOTE]

You sir, are a real Cheap Ass Gamer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I picked up the following last night from the sale(all for PS3):

Dante's Inferno
Bayonetta
Bioshock

I had to initially return Bioshock, which I got from the website for $17.99, in order to get it back as part of the B2G1 deal. It's $7 something more in store than on the website and the stickers on the actual copies on their shelves said $34.99.:roll:

You can have my copy of Borderlands for PS3 for like $20 shipped, since I doubt I'll ever play that cel shaded Fallout clone.:roll: I watched my one buddy play it and just judging by how it played and how drawn out he said it was I'll end up trading it soon enough.[/QUOTE]

Borderlands is one of the best games for PS3, but then again....i love action RPG's. Still gotta get my hands on a Fallout GOTY but SOMEBODY nabbed all of em!! Ya, im lookin at you! LOL

[quote name='lude21']Borderlands is one of the best games for PS3, but then again....i love action RPG's. Still gotta get my hands on a Fallout GOTY but SOMEBODY nabbed all of em!! Ya, im lookin at you! LOL[/QUOTE]
I almost had two more copies of it, but another CAG beat me to the store closer to NJ that I've been hitting for a while now. Then again, I shouldn't have told him bout those two copies that were there.

Mind ya he completely missed the four Singstar Vol. 2's, two copies of Dirt 2, 4-5 copies of Imagine: Family Doctor and various other odds and ends I cherry picked from there over the past 4-6 months.:razz:
I just checked Borderlands right now and there's a small surface scratch I didn't notice before I lent it out.:bomb: My buddies' family has 10 f'n cats n I swear every PS3 game I get back from them has dust, cat hair or a scratch on it.:roll:

[quote name='lude21']Borderlands is one of the best games for PS3, but then again....i love action RPG's. Still gotta get my hands on a Fallout GOTY but SOMEBODY nabbed all of em!! Ya, im lookin at you! LOL[/QUOTE]

I got up to level 20 and beat the first main boss before I put the game down. I tried playing the game after finishing Bioshock 2 and the lack of a storyline really made me disinterested. I've asked others if the storyline picks up later in the game, and most have told me not to expect much more. Also, I didn't have the patience for grinding... something I barely had to do with fallout 3.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Sucks that there isn't 1 decent flip worthy game on this whole sale... The last B2G1 spoiled me.[/QUOTE]
Not even with the 'trade 2, get $40 off Madden' dealie? If you could find $5 copies of DIRT 2 or Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 at Sears, you could flip those to GS for 4x what you paid though.;)

Are all the in store prices always $2 more than online?

I shopped online but then saw all three games were at one of my local GS. I stopped in to see if they were in good shape (online is a crap shoot now so I figured I could get at least as good there plus wouldn't have to wait the 1-2 weeks until they arrived). But 1) none of them had the cases and 2) the prices were all $2 higher. The cases weren't a big deal, but I could wait for $4 extra bucks

So I figured I would just order them online, but when I got back Borderlands was no longer available.... arg! Guess I'll be heading back out today to pick them up.

So, are the stores always higher prices than online?

Not always. All the games I bought yesterday were the same price online. What I did run into was about 50% of them didn't have the right stickered price. The range which seems to have different prices seem to go from $39.99 to $54.99 from in-store, and they are $5 cheaper online. The games in those ranges seem to have the price differences. That isn't a guarantee but that is what I have personally noticed.

man i got lucky and got tranformers and blue dragon but i couldn't find a third at my usual store so I will get my third game today probably Toy Story 3 or something for psp to add to my back log

[quote name='gfshurts']Are all the in store prices always $2 more than online?

I shopped online but then saw all three games were at one of my local GS. I stopped in to see if they were in good shape (online is a crap shoot now so I figured I could get at least as good there plus wouldn't have to wait the 1-2 weeks until they arrived). But 1) none of them had the cases and 2) the prices were all $2 higher. The cases weren't a big deal, but I could wait for $4 extra bucks

So I figured I would just order them online, but when I got back Borderlands was no longer available.... arg! Guess I'll be heading back out today to pick them up.

So, are the stores always higher prices than online?[/QUOTE]
I wish! Well, I mean I wish it was ONLY $2 more. My closest GS has Super Street Fighter IV for $35 used, $10 more than online. Since my copy I tried to order was undeliverable a month or two ago (still got to keep the useless $10 credit though), I decided I didn't want to order online, lest it happen again for no reason. And also pick up ToV in store. But not if I am paying $10 more.

The copy of the original Bioshock I picked up in store last night was marked $34.99 on the copies on the shelf, but the copy I picked up from GS.com was $17.99. But on my receipt for the B2G1 discount(cuz I had to return Bioshock first to do the B2G1)it's listed as a $24.99 discount.

So I'm guessing that the original Bioshock for PS3 is $24.99 in store and $7 cheaper if you order online.:roll: If it were actually $34.99 for a used copy of Bioshock for PS3 in store, that's a hell of a gouge on GS' part vs the online price.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I almost had two more copies of it, but another CAG beat me to the store closer to NJ that I've been hitting for a while now. Then again, I shouldn't have told him bout those two copies that were there.[/QUOTE]

It wasn't me IATCG. Just in case you thought it was.

[quote name='bgame2']It wasn't me IATCG. Just in case you thought it was.[/QUOTE]
I know who it was. I've met and gone shopping with him before. We hit a up number of Kmarts around here and found some really old games the employees had stashed on a cart in the back that he convinced them to bring out, including Psychonauts for Xbox.;)

But like I said, I hit up that Sears down your way for a shitton of stuff over the past 5-6 months, so I'm still happy with my haul.

[quote name='JP']I didn't think it was that many games but I guess looking back it might have been. I sold my 360 a while back and just got another one a few weeks ago so I figured I'd restore a good portion of my collection in one purchase.

All 360.
Afro Samurai - $14.99 (FREE)
Brutal Legend - $17.99 (FREE)
Bully: Scholarship Edition - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Burnout Paradise - $17.99 ($16.19 after EDGE)
Burnout Revenge - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Call of Duty 4 - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Fable II - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Far Cry 2 - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Fracture - $9.99 ($8.99 after EDGE)
Gears of War - $8.99 ($8.09 after EDGE)
Gears of War 2 - $19.99 (FREE)
Grand Theft Auto IV - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
Halo 3 (Collector's Edition) - $14.99 (FREE)
Lego Indiana Jones - $7.99 (FREE)
Mercenaries 2 - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Overlord - $14.99 ($13.49 after EDGE)
Overlord 2 - $17.99 ($16.19 after EDGE)
Rock band - $7.99 ($7.19 after EDGE)
Saints Row - $9.99 (FREE)
Scene It! LCA - $9.99 ($8.99 after EDGE)
Sid Meier's Civiliazation Revolution - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)
SoulCalibur IV - $19.99 (FREE)
Tom Clancy's Hawx - $19.99 (FREE)
Too Human - $8.99 ($8.09 after EDGE)
Unreal Tournament III - $8.99 (FREE)
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 - $7.99 ($7.19 after EDGE)
WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 - $19.99 ($17.99 after EDGE)

$261.75 after all discounts and taxes. Comes out to a $10 average on the games. All the cases were mint and come with manuals. A good 70% of the discs were in near mint/great condition and the rest did show some signs of usage. This store was even nice enough that if the plastic sleeve or the case itself was damaged they switched it out with a few of the spares in the back. I'm only shopping at that store from here on out. Northside Indy cags, the Keystone Crossing store on 86th St. Go there, best GameStop on the northside.[/QUOTE]

Jp, those are some nice titles, you definitely took advantage of the B2G1 sale. :applause:

Hey guys, after buying games which you know it'll be on your backlog, how does it feel? I still have yet to hit the submit button for:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
UFC 2010

All for 360.

[quote name='vlv723']Hey guys, after buying games which you know it'll be on your backlog, how does it feel? I still have yet to hit the submit button for:

Battlefield: Bad Company 2
Splinter Cell Conviction
UFC 2010

All for 360.[/QUOTE]
Honestly? I should know better, since I knew even before I became a CAG that game prices DO drop over time(unless you're talking about the original Uncharted or Heavenly Sword, which were stuck at MSRP forever:roll:), but yet I wanted to play this game or that before it was too 'old'.

I still do this, where I say 'oh I'll get to this game eventually'. Do you know how many games I've ended up trading back to either a local shop or Gamestop and how many games in general just for the PS3 I've already had this gen?

If I had to guess how many games I've had, traded away and perhaps rebought under the guise of 'I'll eventually play them', I'd have to say somewhere around 75-90 games have gone in and out of my backlog with some of them being rebuys of rebuys.

Mind you, most of the times I got rid of said games I lost little to nothing due to paying with cheap credit in the first place and taking full advantage of trade deals.

Otherwise I'd be more pissed at myself for stupidly spending credit on games I never even got around to playing.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I really want Batman: AA goty, but I have a $10 coupon +Edge that would ultimately make it $27 shipped. So why buy 2 other games that I REALLY don't need to spend the money on now? That's what I keep telling myself.[/QUOTE]

If all you want is Batman, just wait until Sunday when it gets a 19.99 sale price for the Power Saver event. Assuming you don't care about the GOTY edition.

Okay so I went to gamestop yesterday to pick up some PS3 rpgs since I'm still working on my PS2 backlog (almost done!).

So I was planning on grabbing Demon Souls, FF13, and Eternal Sonata since those were the 3 they had at the store. Then I noticed FF13 was 54.99 used... while on gamestop.com its 39.99. I thought they just didn't put new tags on, but when this happened before the computer corrects it to the right price.

I went up front and asked the clerk and he said "Nope, that's the price," then gave me a bullshit answer why it's different then the website. I'm 25 and have been buying games from gamestop since the PSX days and never seen that, anyone know if that's true?

I mean FF13 is cheaper then 54.99 new pretty much everywhere... why would they have it used for that much still... It's 39.99 new on amazon for christ sakes, only reason I was getting it because they didn't have Resonance of Fate and that's really the only other game I wanted (already have Valk Chronicles and Star Ocean).

[quote name='Strife025']Okay so I went to gamestop yesterday to pick up some PS3 rpgs since I'm still working on my PS2 backlog (almost done!).

So I was planning on grabbing Demon Souls, FF13, and Eternal Sonata since those were the 3 they had at the store. Then I noticed FF13 was 54.99 used... while on gamestop.com its 39.99. I thought they just didn't put new tags on, but when this happened before the computer corrects it to the right price.

I went up front and asked the clerk and he said "Nope, that's the price," then gave me a bullshit answer why it's different then the website. I'm 25 and have been buying games from gamestop since the PSX days and never seen that, anyone know if that's true?

I mean FF13 is cheaper then 54.99 new pretty much everywhere... why would they have it used for that much still... It's 39.99 new on amazon for christ sakes, only reason I was getting it because they didn't have Resonance of Fate and that's really the only other game I wanted (already have Valk Chronicles and Star Ocean).[/QUOTE]
#-o#-o#-o#-oWebsite and in-store prices do NOT match. In-store prices are typically higher.

[quote name='confoosious']i feel a sense of deja vu.[/QUOTE]
You mean how people ask the same questions 90 billion times even if the answer is just a post above theirs or in the first post of a thread or are baffled over companies fluctuating prices based on supply/demand or......

Well, you get the point
and hopefully they do too one of these days.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']#-o#-o#-o#-oWebsite and in-store prices do NOT match. In-store prices are typically higher.[/QUOTE]

Man I must not buy enough games then. I always look up which store by me has the game over the years, and it's always either matched or once they ring it up in the computer it matches.

I pretty much only buy RPGs, and even the rare hard to find ones I've never had a price difference.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Honestly? I should know better, since I knew even before I became a CAG that game prices DO drop over time(unless you're talking about the original Uncharted or Heavenly Sword, which were stuck at MSRP forever:roll:), but yet I wanted to play this game or that before it was too 'old'.

I still do this, where I say 'oh I'll get to this game eventually'. Do you know how many games I've ended up trading back to either a local shop or Gamestop and how many games in general just for the PS3 I've already had this gen?

If I had to guess how many games I've had, traded away and perhaps rebought under the guise of 'I'll eventually play them', I'd have to say somewhere around 75-90 games have gone in and out of my backlog with some of them being rebuys of rebuys.

Mind you, most of the times I got rid of said games I lost little to nothing due to paying with cheap credit in the first place and taking full advantage of trade deals.

Otherwise I'd be more pissed at myself for stupidly spending credit on games I never even got around to playing.[/QUOTE]

Thanks IATCG. I think that statement will allow me to hold off and finish the games I currently own.

Ubisoft Games I know they go down pretty damn fast and I have the feeling that SC: Conviction and PoP will be at least $20 coming this holiday.

Just like them discontinuing their online guarantee for case/artwork/manual for current gen used games, they stopped having the same prices in store and online a while ago.
[quote name='vlv723']Thanks IATCG. I think that statement will allow me to hold off and finish the games I currently own.

Ubisoft Games I know they go down pretty damn fast and I have the feeling that SC: Conviction and PoP will be at least $20 coming this holiday.[/QUOTE]
Now if I could just start listening to my own advice I'd be set and probably have enough for 3 games when the next B2G1 comes along in the fall sometime, since I doubt they would have ANOTHER B2G1 next month.

But you never know, especially if the end of a fiscal quarter for them is coming up and they need an infusion of cash to appear to be doing well for the shareholders.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']You mean how people ask the same questions 90 billion times even if the answer is just a post above theirs or in the first post of a thread or are baffled over companies fluctuating prices based on supply/demand or......

Well, you get the point
and hopefully they do too one of these days.
[/QUOTE]

It's amazing how people either won't or can't read anything other than what they want to read.

Anyone who has ever sold stuff on ebay knows what I'm talking about.

"Alan Wake - disc complete but MISSING MANUAL" will result in a "hey, where's the manual?" email a week later.

*online price only* results in "hey how come the instore prices are higher?!"

[quote name='confoosious']It's amazing how people either won't or can't read anything other than what they want to read.

Anyone who has ever sold stuff on ebay knows what I'm talking about.

"Alan Wake - disc complete but MISSING MANUAL" will result in a "hey, where's the manual?" email a week later.

*online price only* results in "hey how come the instore prices are higher?!"[/QUOTE]

(I swear it seems like I'm always replying to you)

Americans have no attention span. Why do you think all the details about a product are in fine print? 9/10 people won't read it.

[quote name='rp71284'](I swear it seems like I'm always replying to you)

Americans have no attention span. Why do you think all the details about a product are in fine print? 9/10 people won't read it.[/QUOTE]

Follow me on Twitter!! (just kidding, I don't have a twitter account.)

I will admit I never read EULAs and TOCs either.

My Haul:

Tales of Vesperia
Xenosaga Ep 3
Valkyria Chronicles

Price: 51 bucks

Believe it or not. All 3 games were mint/complete. I mean, everything, spotless! I have sealed ToV and VC. I just wanted to get playable copies. Scored on Payday! Thanks again CAG and OP!

Sure GS stores can charge higher than the GS.com site, but come on, charging $10 more for something just to sucker someone into buying it, especially during a B2G1F deal is practically highway robbery.

My brother was going to get Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition and CoD:WaW today at GS, but having the prices jump from $34.99 to $44.99 for TFU:USE and have CoD:WaW jump from $19.98 a few weeks ago to $29.98 is a rip-off. Heck, you can get the TFU game brand new for $40 or less anywhere.

[quote name='rp71284'](I swear it seems like I'm always replying to you)

Americans have no attention span. Why do you think all the details about a product are in fine print? 9/10 people won't read it.[/QUOTE]

Sadly the lack of an attention span is not strictly an American phenomenon. :/

[quote name='confoosious']if you're not a sucker, don't buy it.

simple.[/QUOTE]

If they didn't buy it what would they complain about on the internet?

This deal is alright...but it's still too much money in my opinion if you're looking at getting decent titles.

The only game I really want again right now is Rock Band 2, and it's like $26.99 used in store. So that, plus let's say a $14.99 used bargain game still nets me paying in like $40 :mad:

i mean, if you're already buying one game...it's kinda pointless to not just buy another cheap one to get the freebie

damn...why can't they just have like a 30% off ONE used game coupon?!

I let my son pick out 3 games. He picked, Grand Slam Tennis (Wii), My Sims Racing (Wii) and Shaun White's Snowboarding (360). Used a Erewards giftcard for them. I must say, Grand Slam Tennis is great for $12.99.

[quote name='jcp42877']This deal is alright...but it's still too much money in my opinion if you're looking at getting decent titles.

The only game I really want again right now is Rock Band 2, and it's like $26.99 used in store. So that, plus let's say a $14.99 used bargain game still nets me paying in like $40 :mad:

i mean, if you're already buying one game...it's kinda pointless to not just buy another cheap one to get the freebie

damn...why can't they just have like a 30% off ONE used game coupon?![/QUOTE]

EDGE + 25USED is equivalent to 32.5% discount for games over $20. Ended up doing that on two games I wanted b/c I couldn't find a third at the same price point.

Had to hit a couple of stores, but ended up with 3 nice condition 360 games -
Toy Story 3, Mass Effect 2, and Prince of Persia the Forgotten Sands

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Jp, those are some nice titles, you definitely took advantage of the B2G1 sale. :applause:[/QUOTE]
I was determined to get at least 21 games from the sale. Didn't want to spend more than $10 per game on the average so I rode that just right.

[quote name='kynetarse']EDGE + 25USED is equivalent to 32.5% discount for games over $20. Ended up doing that on two games I wanted b/c I couldn't find a third at the same price point.[/QUOTE]

This is true, but I would prefer to go in-store and get my games, say, tonight..

got a bad itch to play RB2 again ever since I imported my Green Day disc (then sold it) and I want it to be a keeper this time...so no impulse rental

[quote name='spideymike']Heck, you can get the TFU game brand new for $40 or less anywhere.[/QUOTE]

I hate to dissect your comment, but yeah you can get the basic game anywhere cheap (including GS).

But the basic game and the Ultimate Sith edition are two different things.

[quote name='spideymike']Sure GS stores can charge higher than the GS.com site, but come on, charging $10 more for something just to sucker someone into buying it, especially during a B2G1F deal is practically highway robbery.

My brother was going to get Force Unleashed: Ultimate Sith Edition and CoD:WaW today at GS, but having the prices jump from $34.99 to $44.99 for TFU:USE and have CoD:WaW jump from $19.98 a few weeks ago to $29.98 is a rip-off. Heck, you can get the TFU game brand new for $40 or less anywhere.[/QUOTE]
If he really wants TFU:USE it's $19.97 on clearance at Kmart. As usual with Kmart(and most clearances it seems), it's YMMV that you'll find it and/or it'll be on clearance for $20.

I'm only speaking about the PS3 version though, since I don't know if the 360 ever got the USE or if it's on clearance at Kmart too if it did.

bread's done
Back