Buy 2, Get 1 Free Used Games & Accessories at GameStop

msuna

CAGiversary!
[IMG-r=5198]7291[/IMG-r]Use coupon code B2G1FREE to activate GameStop.com's buy 2, get 1 free used game & accessories sale. Offer valid in-store too. Sale ends Saturday, 7/17.

icongs_r1.gif
GameStop.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I've already done this a few times and I think I made out pretty well.

NCAA 11 - 360
Star Wars Ultimate Sith Edition - PS3
Metroid Prime Trilogy - Wii (FREE)

FIFA Soccer 10 - PS3
Lego Harry Potter - Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (FREE)

NCAA 11 - PS3
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - PS3
Fallout 3 GOTY - PS3 (FREE)

Yeah basically 3 different stores trying to get 3 different games (Star Wars, NCAA 11 and Lego Harry Potter), but I know I can flip the others and make out pretty well. Plus I got rid of the extra $200 in credit that was on my Power Up card.

You guys just need to know how to work the system.

If I order games from gamestop online (psp games), what are the chances that they will at least come with the original case. I went to 4 different gamestops today and yesterday and could not find any of the games I wanted in their original case. It drives me crazy.

Another trip netted me Dead Space: extraction, No More Heroes 2 and Wet for $40.xx. All minty, except for Dead Space...some kind of sticker around the hole in the middle. It was thier only copy, so I will go exchange it as 'non-working' at a different one.

I think a lot of the complaining by myself and others about GameStop's pricing differences online vs. in store boil down to the fact that on these forums we try to inform ourselves and be smart consumers. We want to look on a website for 5 minutes at pricing, compare, go into a store with a plan of what to buy, and get it done at the best price possible with no hassle.

Since you can't do that on their website because of pricing differences, it makes it tough to be a savvy customer with GameStop. At best you can call and ask about their stock of all 3 games you want and the individual prices, but unless you want to spend 20 minutes on the phone and on hold you're still not going to know what condition it will be in. So you end up going into the store blind, whereas with any other retailer you could do 5 minutes of research and know how your transaction is going to go down. It's frustrating.

[quote name='diishen']PHEW was about to used the 25USED code to get some games, thanks for the save man[/QUOTE]
I'm no math whiz, but I think the 25USED code works out cheaper than B2G1FREE.

Example (all PS3):
RDR: $49.99
25USED: -$12.50
MW2: $39.99
25USED: -$10.00
MW1: $27.99
25USED: -$7.00
TOTAL BEFORE: $117.97
TOTAL AFTER: $88.47

VERSUS:
MW1: $27.99 (Free if B2G1FREE used)
TOTAL: $89.98

Matter of fact, B2G1FREE isn't even working with these games in my cart, so how (or why) would it work better than 25USED? Am I missing some insider way of making it cheaper?

[quote name='socash11']I think a lot of the complaining by myself and others about GameStop's pricing differences online vs. in store boil down to the fact that on these forums we try to inform ourselves and be smart consumers. We want to look on a website for 5 minutes at pricing, compare, go into a store with a plan of what to buy, and get it done at the best price possible with no hassle.

Since you can't do that on their website because of pricing differences, it makes it tough to be a savvy customer with GameStop. At best you can call and ask about their stock of all 3 games you want and the individual prices, but unless you want to spend 20 minutes on the phone and on hold you're still not going to know what condition it will be in. So you end up going into the store blind, whereas with any other retailer you could do 5 minutes of research and know how your transaction is going to go down. It's frustrating.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...

I went to GS yesterday with a plan and was shocked to see that one of the games I wanted had a $10 markup compared to its listed online price...the other two games both had a $5 mark-up.

I went to another GS and they actually offered the same prices as listed on GS.com but only had two of the three games I wanted. Basically I was SOL unless I wanted to spend an extra $20

[quote name='AAdvance']I'm no math whiz, but I think the 25USED code works out cheaper than B2G1FREE.

Example (all PS3):
25USED: -$12.50
25USED: -$10.00
MW1: $27.99
25USED: -$7.00
TOTAL BEFORE: $117.97
TOTAL AFTER: $88.47

VERSUS:
MW1: $27.99 (Free if B2G1FREE used)
TOTAL: $89.98

Matter of fact, B2G1FREE isn't even working with these games in my cart, so how (or why) would it work better than 25USED? Am I missing some insider way of making it cheaper?[/QUOTE]

B2G1 free is superior when you are getting 3 titles of the exact same price or within like $1-$2.

[quote name='uthoria']Thank you...

I went to GS yesterday with a plan and was shocked to see that one of the games I wanted had a $10 markup compared to its listed online price...the other two games both had a $5 mark-up.

I went to another GS and they actually offered the same prices as listed on GS.com but only had two of the three games I wanted. Basically I was SOL unless I wanted to spend an extra $20[/QUOTE]
I'm curious as to which games they were and what the prices were online compared to in-store. There are normally patterns that can be worked out when GameStop does stuff like this. All 27 games I got yesterday were $19.99 and under, but all of the prices matched between online and in-store.

[quote name='socash11']I think a lot of the complaining by myself and others about GameStop's pricing differences online vs. in store boil down to the fact that on these forums we try to inform ourselves and be smart consumers. We want to look on a website for 5 minutes at pricing, compare, go into a store with a plan of what to buy, and get it done at the best price possible with no hassle.

Since you can't do that on their website because of pricing differences, it makes it tough to be a savvy customer with GameStop. At best you can call and ask about their stock of all 3 games you want and the individual prices, but unless you want to spend 20 minutes on the phone and on hold you're still not going to know what condition it will be in. So you end up going into the store blind, whereas with any other retailer you could do 5 minutes of research and know how your transaction is going to go down. It's frustrating.[/QUOTE]
Twenty minutes on the phone and on hold? If you call at noon, then yeah, you might be on the phone that long. But if you call shortly after opening(usually 9-10am in whatever time zone you're in)you should have no issues with getting someone to give you three prices.

Unless your local GS stores have been told to make it so you get frustrated and end up coming in to check in person, knowing that once they have you in the store they may be able to get you to buy something.

If it bothers you that much to wait on the phone, why not simply do the transaction online and if you get incomplete/scratched games simply have it researched as to which GS is showing them as in-stock when you get the order.

It's really not that hard to not waste an excruciating 20 minutes on the phone and longer than a nanosecond online by simply ordering online, taking your chances and then doing the swap out when your order comes in if you're not happy.

[quote name='JP']B2G1 free is superior when you are getting 3 titles of the exact same price or within like $1-$2.

I'm curious as to which games they were and what the prices were online compared to in-store. There are normally patterns that can be worked out when GameStop does stuff like this. All 27 games I got yesterday were $19.99 and under, but all of the prices matched between online and in-store.[/QUOTE]

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition - $34 online / $44 in store
Nier - $44 online / $49 in store
Just Cause 2 - $49 online / $54 in store

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Twenty minutes on the phone and on hold? If you call at noon, then yeah, you might be on the phone that long. But if you call shortly after opening(usually 9-10am in whatever time zone you're in)you should have no issues with getting someone to give you three prices.

Unless your local GS stores have been told to make it so you get frustrated and end up coming in to check in person, knowing that once they have you in the store they may be able to get you to buy something.

If it bothers you that much to wait on the phone, why not simply do the transaction online and if you get incomplete/scratched games simply have it researched as to which GS is showing them as in-stock when you get the order.

It's really not that hard to not waste an excruciating 20 minutes on the phone and longer than a nanosecond online by simply ordering online, taking your chances and then doing the swap out when your order comes in if you're not happy.[/QUOTE]

We're arguing two different things here. I'm saying they should change their policy, and you're saying "here's how to live with it, stop complaining". If I were to order from them again, I'd probably take your advice. I doubt you'd disagree that it would be good for us to have their pricing practices changed. I would find it hard to belive you're opposed to convenience. Who enjoys wasting their time on the phone?

SMG 35/45
SMG2 40/45
NSMB:W 40/45

But...I'm in that damn test market, so my fake edge card won't work online. It works out to about the same, but online should be saving me $8.

just got lego indy 2, hasbro game nite and no more heroes 2 for $34 b2g1 instore. tradin on gazelle for 58. woot
oh yeah n jp is right. prices between 30-60 are bout +5 instore, seems the case.

[quote name='socash11']We're arguing two different things here. I'm saying they should change their policy, and you're saying "here's how to live with it, stop complaining". If I were to order from them again, I'd probably take your advice. I doubt you'd disagree that it would be good for us to have their pricing practices changed. I would find it hard to belive you're opposed to convenience. Who enjoys wasting their time on the phone?[/QUOTE]
I do. I love that Gamestop game music when they put me on hold when I call the customer service line.

That shit is classic and well worth the time spent on hold to enjoy it.

But since we're asking retailers to change pricing, can I have Kmart start listing their clearance games prices online and offering free shipping on them too?

What did you ever do before the internet? I know I've been a cheap/thrifty person for years, since even before joining CAG. But if everyone who is so set on not being inconvenienced by having to wait 20 seconds longer than THEY are willing to suddenly had no convenient way to get the items they wanted WHEN they wanted our country would collapse since this nation is lazy as a whole anymore.

It's no wonder they blast those Hoveround commercials 24/7 on every damned channel, since the populace is getting increasingly fatter from being so conveniently convenienced they never have to lift a finger to get anything.

[quote name='socash11']We're arguing two different things here. I'm saying they should change their policy, and you're saying "here's how to live with it, stop complaining". If I were to order from them again, I'd probably take your advice. I doubt you'd disagree that it would be good for us to have their pricing practices changed. I would find it hard to belive you're opposed to convenience. Who enjoys wasting their time on the phone?[/QUOTE]

But it's not like their pricing polices are pulled out of their asses. There's a reason why it's cheaper online. To complain about it is fruitless. And furthermore, it's not like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes. They're very upfront about prices being ONLINE ONLY.

See?

Would I like GS and GS.com prices match up all the time? Sure. I'd love lower prices at the brick and mortar store. But that's just not the way it is. And with overhead, it will never be that way. Someone's gotta pay the lowly paid GS employees.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']I do. I love that Gamestop game music when they put me on hold when I call the customer service line.

That shit is classic and well worth the time spent on hold to enjoy it.

But since we're asking retailers to change pricing, can I have Kmart start listing their clearance games prices online and offering free shipping on them too?

What did you ever do before the internet? I know I've been a cheap/thrifty person for years, since even before joining CAG. But if everyone who is so set on not being inconvenienced by having to wait 20 seconds longer than THEY are willing to suddenly had no convenient way to get the items they wanted WHEN they wanted our country would collapse since this nation is lazy as a whole anymore.

It's no wonder they blast those Hoveround commercials 24/7 on every damned channel, since the populace is getting increasingly fatter from being so conveniently convenienced they never have to lift a finger to get anything.[/QUOTE]

That's kinda funny, because I haven't always been a cheap/thrifty person, even about video games. I would never drive around town to find the cheapest price on everything I would want to buy before or call places to confirm pricing if it meant it would take an hour. I would rather just work for that extra hour and make up the 20-some bucks I overspent. It's just that now that this sort of information is so readily available you only have to spend a few minutes of your time to save 30 bucks. Everyone has their thresholds for how much time they're willing to spend to save some money and it depends on how easily they could make up their losses otherwise. It's called opportunity cost.

What most CAGs are saying is "stop complaining about GS's policy here".
CAGs are not GS policy makers. Now that you know about GS's policy...it's your decision to buy or not buy, but there is no reason to vent or to tell us CAGs about your expectations.

If this was a forum made by GS, I understand your complaints, but this is not.

PS-I don't enjoy wasting time, but I go GS, BBV, BB, etc just to look at the games. And I don't consider that wasting time because I really enjoy it. Especially at the mall (1 -2 hours at both GSs in the mall) when the wife is shopping.

[quote name='JP']I was determined to get at least 21 games from the sale. Didn't want to spend more than $10 per game on the average so I rode that just right.[/QUOTE]

Yes sir you certainly did well. :)

[quote name='confoosious']But it's not like their pricing polices are pulled out of their asses. There's a reason why it's cheaper online. To complain about it is fruitless. And furthermore, it's not like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes. They're very upfront about prices being ONLINE ONLY.

See?

Would I like GS and GS.com prices match up all the time? Sure. I've love lower prices at the brick and mortar store. But that's just not the way it is. And with overhead, it will never be that way. Someone's gotta pay the lowly paid GS employees.[/QUOTE]

I'm not convinced by the whole "overhead is considerably more in brick and mortar so we should price higher" argument. Other retailers can pull it off, so why can't GameStop? Paying two high schoolers 8 bucks an hour and renting the smallest space in a minimall can't be considerably more than having two extra people shipping out games from a huge warehouse.

To be honest, I think what's going on is that they know if you're the sort of schmuck who walks into a brick and mortar store and trades in games for cents on the dollar rather than going on eBay, they can probably sucker you into paying a bit more. Whereas if you're shopping online, they have to worry about other online competition and the availability of this other pricing information to that customer segment.

You may be in the same geographic market whether shopping in store or online, but based upon your decision of whether or not to shop online they can discern how well informed you are about pricing and charge accordingly. Sounds like third degree price discrimination to me.

Whoops, my economics is showing.

[quote name='confoosious']But it's not like their pricing polices are pulled out of their asses. There's a reason why it's cheaper online. To complain about it is fruitless. And furthermore, it's not like they're trying to pull the wool over your eyes. They're very upfront about prices being ONLINE ONLY.

See?

Would I like GS and GS.com prices match up all the time? Sure. I've love lower prices at the brick and mortar store. But that's just not the way it is. And with overhead, it will never be that way. Someone's gotta pay the lowly paid GS employees.[/QUOTE]

Yet some of the GSs near me DO OFFER the same prices as listed on GS.com

The last B2G1 GS promotion is a prime example. I did my research online....picked three games...went to the GS that had all three in stock and made my purchase. (I literlay have 5 GS stores near me and another 3 near my work)

Not all the stores markup the prices guys ;) And im sorry but bashing someone for pointing out the inconvenience of tracking down which GS store carries what game with which price via the phone is pretty pathetic when it is 2010 and we are living in the era of the internet.

[quote name='socash11']

To be honest, I think what's going on is that they know if you're the sort of schmuck who walks into a brick and mortar store and trades in games for cents on the dollar rather than going on eBay, they can probably sucker you into paying a bit more. Whereas if you're shopping online, they have to worry about other online competition and the availability of this other pricing information to that customer segment.

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much to not get ripped off you have to do your homework. Take advantage of coupons, trade in promos, etc.

[quote name='spoo']Will GameStop B&M still exchange an online order for the same title for one with an instruction manual?[/QUOTE]

ymmv. I just went to two today, one of em, the guy said that the way it comes online is the way you have to keep it, they can't exchange. The other one i went to, the guy looked through and tried to find me a copy that had an instruction manual and case but they didnt have one. He said if they did, he would replace it for me. I'm gonna go to another one later.

[quote name='LakersForLife82481']ymmv. I just went to two today, one of em, the guy said that the way it comes online is the way you have to keep it, they can't exchange. The other one i went to, the guy looked through and tried to find me a copy that had an instruction manual and case but they didnt have one. He said if they did, he would replace it for me. I'm gonna go to another one later.[/QUOTE]

Thank you I will go and give it a shot.

With all this talk about online vs B&M prices and the reasons why B&M is more expensive.

Here is something funny....enjoy.

"Online price only"
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $34.99

B&M
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $29.99

[quote name='socash11']I'm not convinced by the whole "overhead is considerably more in brick and mortar so we should price higher" argument. Other retailers can pull it off, so why can't GameStop? Paying two high schoolers 8 bucks an hour and renting the smallest space in a minimall can't be considerably more than having two extra people shipping out games from a huge warehouse.

You may be in the same geographic market whether shopping in store or online, but based upon your decision of whether or not to shop online they can discern how well informed you are about pricing and charge accordingly. Sounds like third degree price discrimination to me.

Whoops, my economics is showing.[/QUOTE]

Ahhhh the old "you can get more selling games on ebay than trading into gamestop" routine. We get it now.

btw, I think what you meant to say is your lack of a grasp on economics is showing. Overhead isn't just 2 teenagers in a warehouse vs in a store.

[quote name='Readthepost']With all this talk about online vs B&M prices and the reasons why B&M is more expensive.

"Online price only"
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $34.99

B&M
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $29.99[/QUOTE]

ANd yet, nobody is complaining about this price difference. I wonder why. Oh that's right. When it benefits them, there's no reason to complain about failure to read.

------
edited for quoting fail ;)

[quote name='Readthepost']With all this talk about online vs B&M prices and the reasons why B&M is more expensive.

"Online price only"
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $34.99

B&M
iconps3.gif

there goes the whole "overhead" theory lol

[quote name='confoosious']Ahhhh the old "you can get more selling games on ebay than trading into gamestop" routine. We get it now.

btw, I think what you meant to say is your lack of a grasp on economics is showing. Overhead isn't just 2 teenagers in a warehouse vs in a store.

ANd yet, nobody is complaining about this price difference. I wonder why. Oh that's right. When it benefits them, there's no reason to complain about failure to read.

------
edited for quoting fail ;)[/QUOTE]

What are you, 12? Why not try to back up your position with some reasoning rather than just throw insults around. Explain to me what overhead is then Mr. Smarter-than-thou.

Obviously no one is going to complain about a price difference in store that favors them, but most don't.

No need to throw insults around at all. I didn't realize you were one of the "get more on ebay" people. We see your type come and go all the time in Gamestop threads. If only you'd identified yourself sooner, we all couldve saved ourselves a whole lot of trouble.

Cheers!

[quote name='socash11']To be honest, I think what's going on is that they know if you're the sort of schmuck who walks into a brick and mortar store and trades in games for cents on the dollar rather than going on eBay, they can probably sucker you into paying a bit more. Whereas if you're shopping online, they have to worry about other online competition and the availability of this other pricing information to that customer segment.[/QUOTE]

Cents on the dollar?:lol: Riiiiiight. Not if you do your homework before taking trades in. I sit here and sift through the extensive list of trade-in values on the Gamestop trade value/trade promo thread that JP maintains diligently and I determine which games I have that can get me the best deal for the current promotions from Gamestop.

Yes. I know I could always try selling them on Ebay, but after fees is it REALLY all that much better than going to Gamestop with select titles during a decent promo? I've done the math and for my money/credit Gamestop usually wins out and gives me the most value for my dollar, but again that's ONLY if you do your research.:D

Why did you even bother, IATTCG? The cents on the dollar people don't want to do work or look at jp's list or read. They want trade games into GS for $50 and buy it to them for $40. Also, they think anyone who shops at GS must be stupid.

Sadly, I'm kinda stupid. I traded in Blur PS3 a couple weeks ago for $32.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Cents on the dollar?:lol: Riiiiiight. Not if you do your homework before taking trades in. I sit here and sift through the extensive list of trade-in values on the Gamestop trade value/trade promo thread that JP maintains diligently and I determine which games I have that can get me the best deal for the current promotions from Gamestop.

Yes. I know I could always try selling them on Ebay, but after fees is it REALLY all that much better than going to Gamestop with select titles during a decent promo? I've done the math and for my money/credit Gamestop usually wins out and gives me the most value for my dollar, but again that's ONLY if you do your research.:D[/QUOTE]

I don't think you're the 'average consumer' when it comes to trade ins. Schmuck may have been a bit of a harsh thing to call them, but if you're that informed about it, you're not who I'm referring to. I'm sure they have some nice promos and you can work it out alright. Just ain't my thing. I could care less how people spend their money/sell their games. To each his own.

I know I've heard of people who go into GameStop though, try to dump their years old Madden games and only manage to pay the reservation fee on next years version. That's who I'm talking about. Most GameStop traders aren't CAGs, but I'm sure CAGs use the system best!

[quote name='confoosious']Why did you even bother, IATTCG? The cents on the dollar people don't want to do work or look at jp's list or read. They want trade games into GS for $50 and buy it to them for $40. Also, they think anyone who shops at GS must be stupid.

Sadly, I'm kinda stupid. I traded in Blur PS3 a couple weeks ago for $32.[/QUOTE]
Wasn't that after getting it from Best Buy for $10 after using two coupons on a copy?;) I should've tried that myself, but damned if I'm not too stubborn and cheap and never bought a printer. That manufacturer's coupon required you to install some stupid coupon program just to get it.:roll:

But I still could've bought a copy for $20 and made another $12.:D:applause:

Yes, but mostly it was happenstance more than preplanning. I preferred the 360 version much more and GS just happened to have a 33% extra trade in on ps3 games taht week.

(er.. i meant buy it from them. from.)

[quote name='spoo']Will GameStop B&M still exchange an online order for the same title for one with an instruction manual?[/QUOTE]
They just gave me an instruction manual and they were very nice about it.

"Online price only"
iconps3.gif
Eternal Sonata $34.99

B&M
iconps3.gif

Same thing is currently going on with Tales of Vesperia, $45 used online, $30 used in-store.

[quote name='socash11']I don't think you're the 'average consumer' when it comes to trade ins. Schmuck may have been a bit of a harsh thing to call them, but if you're that informed about it, you're not who I'm referring to. I'm sure they have some nice promos and you can work it out alright. Just ain't my thing. I could care less how people spend their money/sell their games. To each his own.

I know I've heard of people who go into GameStop though, try to dump their years old Madden games and only manage to pay the reservation fee on next years version. That's who I'm talking about. Most GameStop traders aren't CAGs, but I'm sure CAGs use the system best![/QUOTE]

Socash11, please stop. There is no point because you are talking about uninformed buyers/sellers on a site called CHEAP ASS GAMER. True CAGs (including IATCG and Confoosious) are very informed and they work the system well because we/they are cheap asses. You are a AAG = Average Ass Gamer. You said it yourself "Just ain't my thing", but you are complaining about GS policy to people who are very informed.....so it's not about right or wrong....it's better to stop. And it has to be you who stops, because IATCG and Confoosious are too stubborn to stop. ;)

[quote name='MSUHitman']Same thing is currently going on with Tales of Vesperia, $45 used online, $30 used in-store.[/QUOTE]
Ditto on Dante's Inferno :psp:. $30 online, $25 in-store.

I got just one question Dragon Age Origins or Demon Souls. I heard DM is tough and really tough, this statment kind of turns me away. I head DAO was more rpg style but the battle system is like give an order and wait for your turn. So please someone give me the right choice and don't say both.

[quote name='Readthepost']Socash11, please stop. There is no point because you are talking about uninformed buyers/sellers on a site called CHEAP ASS GAMER. True CAGs (including IATCG and Confoosious) are very informed and they work the system well because we/they are cheap asses. You are a AAG = Average Ass Gamer. You said it yourself "Just ain't my thing", but you are complaining about GS policy to people who are very informed.....so it's not about right or wrong....it's better to stop. And it has to be you who stops, because IATCG and Confoosious are too stubborn to stop. ;)[/QUOTE]

hey hey, don't lump me in with IATTCG. I haven't told a story about pricematching a penny guide 600 times.

But i agree with your general point. Don't come onto a site, and especially a thread about GS, to inform people how shitty GS's policies and prices are. (Especially when part of your complaint means you haven't read the disclaimer right next to the online price.) And by extension, how stupid people are for trading/buying at GS. Because 1) we're tired of hearing about it and 2) it's not that bad if you are informed.

the8055- i mostly suck/have little patience for RPGs and I loved DaO. I even bought Awakenings.

[quote name='confoosious']

------
edited for quoting fail ;)[/QUOTE]

that is how society works.

I got HotD:O and Ghost Squad for 10.99 each (wii) and the 360 TR:U for 8.99 (free). Love my shooters! Thanks OP!

[quote name='Readthepost']Socash11, please stop. There is no point because you are talking about uninformed buyers/sellers on a site called CHEAP ASS GAMER. True CAGs (including IATCG and Confoosious) are very informed and they work the system well because we/they are cheap asses. You are a AAG = Average Ass Gamer. You said it yourself "Just ain't my thing", but you are complaining about GS policy to people who are very informed.....so it's not about right or wrong....it's better to stop. And it has to be you who stops, because IATCG and Confoosious are too stubborn to stop. ;)[/QUOTE]

Every argument for why GS offers a different price online compared to in store by those you label "informed" has been turned on its head.

In fact, calling them "informed" would be the wrong word to use as we are all (including Socash11) aware of GSs policy.... "accepting" would be more accurate ;)

I walked into a GS today while out, poked around for a while, but left with nothing. There are games I'd like to play, but I really have to make sure that's the best price I can get. And I don't feel like spending $70+ to get some newer games, so most of the fun this sale is in the research.

[quote name='the8055']I got just one question Dragon Age Origins or Demon Souls. I heard DM is tough and really tough, this statment kind of turns me away. I head DAO was more rpg style but the battle system is like give an order and wait for your turn. So please someone give me the right choice and don't say both.[/QUOTE]

i have both games, DS is more action oriented with lots of dodging/blocking it can get frustrating but once you get it down its a good experiance.

DAO is definately more rpg style if you've played FF11 or white knight its pretty much like that.

if i had to choose between them i guess go with whatever play style is better for you. i haven't finished either yet damn you backlog.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I walked into a GS today while out, poked around for a while, but left with nothing. There are games I'd like to play, but I really have to make sure that's the best price I can get. And I don't feel like spending $70+ to get some newer games, so most of the fun this sale is in the research.[/QUOTE]

i do this a lot haha, i'll go in with the intent to buy something but always think while i'm there and end up leaving with nothing.

[quote name='the8055']I got just one question Dragon Age Origins or Demon Souls. I heard DM is tough and really tough, this statment kind of turns me away. I head DAO was more rpg style but the battle system is like give an order and wait for your turn. So please someone give me the right choice and don't say both.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on what kind of games you like. Dragon Age is a real-time 'turn-based' rpg that harkens back to more traditional fantasy RPGs. If you've playing Knights of the Old Republic then you have a good idea of what to expect. Personally I'm more into sci-fi so Dragon Age isn't my cup of tea, also I found it to be a little too boring for my taste.

Demon's Souls on the other hand is an Action RPG that requires great skill and has crushing difficutly, but I absolutely love it. It harkens back to the more hardcore gaming of classic games, definitely not a casual friendly game.

Both games offer countless hours of gameplay, Dragon Age easily 70+ hours but I've put in 50+ hours on 3 playthroughs of Demon's Souls, each game+ getting harder as you use the same character to continuously level up (max level is like 517 or something).

[quote name='confoosious']hey hey, don't lump me in with IATTCG. I haven't told a story about pricematching a penny guide 600 times.

But i agree with your general point. Don't come onto a site, and especially a thread about GS, to inform people how shitty GS's policies and prices are. (Especially when part of your complaint means you haven't read the disclaimer right next to the online price.) And by extension, how stupid people are for trading/buying at GS. Because 1) we're tired of hearing about it and 2) it's not that bad if you are informed.

the8055- i mostly suck/have little patience for RPGs and I loved DaO. I even bought Awakenings.[/QUOTE]
Wanna hear that story for the 601st time?;):booty:I'm just waiting for the usual bag of fail that comes when someone tries to tell others they'll 'pay more than GS for games people would otherwise be trading'.:applause: That never works, since the buyers are more unrealistic than GS.:razz:

bread's done
Back