Buy 2 Get 1 Free used games, online & in-store at Best Buy

Bestbuy used prices are like gamestops. For example, they have killzone 2 for 24.99. I lol'd when I saw that at bestbuy a few days ago. Selling these used games at only 6 $ under msrp isn't going to do it for me

When I was in Best Buy the other day, they had LA Noire pre-owned for 39.99

And a bit further down they had LA Noire new for 39.99

DC Universe Online Pre-owned - $39.99 lol I'm going to buy 3 just so I can get the 3rd one free.

Wow, if it wasn't for laws that force them to hold these games for 3 months, it'd be a really nice deals for the newer games. Dead Island, Resistance 3, Rage, etc. all $44.99. $90 for 3 of these new release is awesome.

Wow, glad to see them running a sale like this and it's nice the 10% unlocked is now working online for used games as well, however, their used prices are down right terrible.

[quote name='klimb22']Don't forget to take off the 10% for RZ GC Unlocked if applicable. What? Wait! Still not a deal? :lol:[/QUOTE]
Ahh, that's where the 10% was coming from.

[quote name='kouleefoh']DC Universe Online Pre-owned - $39.99 lol I'm going to buy 3 just so I can get the 3rd one free.

Wow, if it wasn't for laws that force them to hold these games for 3 months, it'd be a really nice deals for the newer games. Dead Island, Resistance 3, Rage, etc. all $44.99. $90 for 3 of these new release is awesome.[/QUOTE]

Laws? What laws........

[quote name='tears2040']You have no idea what you're talking about, son.[/QUOTE]
second hand trade in are required to be held for a certain period of time.

[quote name='kouleefoh']second hand trade in are required to be held for a certain period of time.[/QUOTE]

Source?

Don't go making stuff up and then tell us all to google it like you have a clue what you are talking about. While a few states have limited laws related to resale of used items, I have never heard of a 90 day law and it certainly is not a national thing.

Gee folks...no kidding? Best Buy used game prices suck? Is that because we all traded in our used crap for over and beyond what they are worth. Don't get me wrong that is BB's bad move but don't act, as I know you all are, that you are surprised the prices suck and are high. But on another note I saw customer after customer buying them in store yesterday and other times I have been in there.

My bestbuy has a crap load of used jak 3, soul caliber 4 (both versions), bioshock for 360 and killzone 2. They are in pristine condition though. Did bestbuy just open them and put them on the used shelf to clear space ?

I was just looking at the weekly ad online, this may be instore as cause I seen it in the ad. Would be good if you store had used stuff you wanted and didn't want to pay shipping fees.

This link seems to work for free shipping even with used games, if you are going to be shipping them to you. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Misc/En...ng/pcmcat221900050000.c?id=pcmcat221900050000
If it doesn't work clear your cookies of your browser or just clear best buy's cookies, then it should start working.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='z24buddy']Source?

Don't go making stuff up and then tell us all to google it like you have a clue what you are talking about. While a few states have limited laws related to resale of used items, I have never heard of a 90 day law and it certainly is not a national thing.[/QUOTE]
I apologize, it's 30 days where I'm at.

Looks like this should be going on in store as well (at least according to the Weekly Ad on bestbuy.com; has an extra page worth of video game deals compared to the print ad this week).

What's the return policy for used games at BB?

Are used games refundable if opened? some of them have the y-fold seal

It looks like unlocked works on online purchases, at least:

Naruto Shippuden Legends: Atasuki Rising (PSP) - $4.49
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 (DS) - $4.49
Formula One 2009 (Wii) - free

Shipping pushes this to $18.65, and there's no telling what condition the games are in.

I'm skeptical that Best Buy even sends me my order.

[quote name='JAR']It looks like unlocked works on online purchases, at least:

Shipping pushes this to $18.65, and there's no telling what condition the games are in.

I'm skeptical that Best Buy even sends me my order.[/QUOTE]
Use the free shipping link I posted above will drop your order to about $10 after taxes. It is a pretty big mystery as to what kind of condition the games are in heh, I haven't purchased anything from them used yet so I can't comment.

[quote name='person123']

Use the free shipping link I posted above will drop your order to about $10 after taxes. It is a pretty big mystery as to what kind of condition the games are in heh, I haven't purchased anything from them used yet so I can't comment.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the link. It shaved off the shipping and now the total is $9.68 (including the sales tax).

I should add that I am only assuming unlocked is applying to my order because the original price of the three games was $4.99 each.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I was looking to pick up a few older games (Gears 1, AssCreed 1) as gifts. Perfect timing.

I was talking to the Gaming supervisor at my store and he said the machine used to clean the games will make the games even better than when they were originally produced. Some new process. And that the machine costs $500,000 and they have 12 of them. Who knows if that's true, but I wouldn't worry about the condition of games.

[quote name='Hoos First']I was talking to the Gaming supervisor at my store and he said the machine used to clean the games will make the games even better than when they were originally produced. Some new process. And that the machine costs $500,000 and they have 12 of them. Who knows if that's true, but I wouldn't worry about the condition of games.[/QUOTE]

If BestBuy machines are anything like the ones Blockbuster used on their clear-case POGs (not rental conversions) I would concur.
Gamestop really needs to step up their refurb game, theirs come back with swirly marks all over them. Show some love for your bread and butter GS!

I think most of these games are like new, just because a lot of them are brand new flips that were opened in the best buy parking lot lol

[quote name='Hoos First']I was talking to the Gaming supervisor at my store and he said the machine used to clean the games will make the games even better than when they were originally produced. Some new process. And that the machine costs $500,000 and they have 12 of them. Who knows if that's true, but I wouldn't worry about the condition of games.[/QUOTE]

Six million dollars on twelve disc resurfacing machines? :whistle2:k

Interesting let's see what I can find at my local store. I was hoping for a Buy 2 Get 1 Free on NEW games. Got my hopes up until I realized/noticed that "used" portion of the title.

Anyway, this will be a nice option for complete used DS games. Maybe I'll find something from this sale. Thanks for posting.

[quote name='blindinglights']Six million dollars on twelve disc resurfacing machines? :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]

Half a million is a lot to spend on a disc refurbisher. Maybe he meant $50,000?

Fudge ice cream cake ! I got hyped for a minute and thought you made a typo and thought this was for 'new' games.

Best Buy used prices are really not that good. They are so close to new game prices. I just walk past that section altogether.

I used the free shipping link and got some PS2 games that I didn't think I would ever find, especially for those prices. If they come crappy, I'll just take them back, no big deal.

Mega Man X7, Mega Man X Command Mission, and Atelier Iris 3 for $22. We'll see the condition when they get here. :/

Just got an update and Formula One 2009 (Wii) got backordered. Unfortunate, but the others should be shipping soon, so its okay. I'm really doubting that they'll be able to fill the Formula One order, though. It's rare enough that I can't imagine someone offering it up to best buy for $2.00 +promo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of people, especially soccer moms, etc... probably have no idea how rare it is. Would have been a nice pickup; sorry it got backordered on you.

[quote name='sgaldis']Lots of people, especially soccer moms, etc... probably have no idea how rare it is. Would have been a nice pickup; sorry it got backordered on you.[/QUOTE]

It's tiv at amazon is only 2 bucks. Is really that rare ?

bread's done
Back