Buy 2 Get 1 Free Used XBOX Games at Gamestop

esquire

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Went to a local a Gamestop today and they had a sign up today for this sale starting up again. It looks like its going on through May 27, 2007. Picked up a few games. The extra 10% off with you GS card works as well with the deal.

Another Gamestop said it didn't start until Monday, April 16.

[quote name='esquire']Not really a repost as you have to search through all that other crap, and this sale goes nearly through the end of May, not through May 6 like those other deals you list.[/QUOTE]

well too bad b/c its mostly going to be taken down due to a repost

I guess i will try and get Psiops, Mercenaries , Psychonauts, Fable LC and Indigo Prophecy. I cannot find one damn store that has any three of these in stock used.

Well I'll be there tomorrow checking out some deals. I'll pick up some of these BC games I've been wanting, if they have any.

I'm sure it's been already said, but does this apply for all used Xbox games? 3 for $20 Xbox games (the big $9.99 bins) sounds tempting.

Very tempting, but I don't know what game I'd want to get free.

Right now I can only think of buying Indigo Prophecy and Marc Ecko's Getting Up.
Maybe Beyond Good & Evil too, but I have it right now from Gamefly will probably just beat it so no need to buy.

I have most of the great games for Xbox. Hmmm... I'll think of something.

If only there were any good XB titles to flip. :) Only noticed 2 so far. I have a lot of catching up to do with the XB library. Time to buy up all the good cheapies.

would it be a cheap ass deal to get conker reloaded now? i dont want to see it pop up on the virtual console for cheapsauce

I really want Baulders (sp?) Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Fable LC, and Halo 2, but I'll probably never find either of the first two....

[quote name='IronMonkey008']Hmm is this Xbox only ? I have been waiting forever for this deal, but this sucks if it's only Xbox.[/quote]Very likely xbox only. In speaking with a few Gamestop corporate personnel, they've mentioned that they believe the head guys are attempting to get rid of the xbox product pre-maturely.

To me, this is further evidence to confirm that.

I can see the need to condense some xbox games, to make room for the growing 360 library (now that it's been out over a year). But it's as if they're trying to clean out the xbox titles completely. And I don't know how wise that is.

I work at a GameStop in Minnesota, and the deal is buy 2 get 1 free on xbox games only. I don't want to pre-excite anyone, but They change promotions every 3 weeks(called Marketing). I was doing the marketing kit on Sunday and I noticed that there were posters and banners for a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free", but the kit said to "hold these until further notice". I would only assume that there is going to be a B2G1 Free pretty soon.

It is Xbox only. :cry:

I just got back from my local EB/GS and they have nothing I want. I was looking to maybe pick up those Kingdon Under Fire games, but they didnt have any. Well, they did have a disc only for one of them, but to me, if they dont have it complete, they dont have it.

Im finding it hard just to think of 3 similarly priced Xbox games I still want. And after that I have to find a store that actually has those 3 games.

[quote name='monkeydeew']would it be a cheap ass deal to get conker reloaded now? i dont want to see it pop up on the virtual console for cheapsauce[/quote]

Conker's BFD has no possibility of going on Virtual Console. Microsoft owns Rare, Rare made Conker, MS owns Conker.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I work at a GameStop in Minnesota, and the deal is buy 2 get 1 free on xbox games only. I don't want to pre-excite anyone, but They change promotions every 3 weeks(called Marketing). I was doing the marketing kit on Sunday and I noticed that there were posters and banners for a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free", but the kit said to "hold these until further notice". I would only assume that there is going to be a B2G1 Free pretty soon.[/quote]

Well it's about time. When was the last time Gamestop had a B2G1 on all used games?

I pretty much picked up all of the cheap BC Xbox games during the last sale. I'll look at the more expensive games that I can play on the 360 this time.

[quote name='Proxymatic']I really want Baulders (sp?) Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Fable LC, and Halo 2, but I'll probably never find either of the first two....[/QUOTE]
Fable LC went PH so it shouldn't be terribly hard to find. Dark Alliance 2 can be found with a little legwork on their site's in-store inventory checker. One store near me has like 5 copies of it.

[quote name='shadylane']can anybody list some must have games for the xbox that are compatible with the 360?[/QUOTE]

Games that are BC have a on the price-tag. Or you can go off that list.

[quote name='radjago']Dark Alliance 2 can be found with a little legwork on their site's in-store inventory checker. One store near me has like 5 copies of it.[/quote]

Really? How are you getting to it on the website? I can't bring it up with any combination of keywords. And yes, I know about the "show backordered used products" link. All I can find is the first game for some reason.

[quote name='elmyra']Really? How are you getting to it on the website? I can't bring it up with any combination of keywords. And yes, I know about the "show backordered used products" link. All I can find is the first game for some reason.[/QUOTE]
I forgot that one wasn't listed on the site. I guess you'll just have to hit the phones.

You used to be able to bring up links that weren't listed by searching google with "site:ebgames.com" and your search term, but I think that died when GS bought EB.

[quote name='radjago']I forgot that one wasn't listed on the site. I guess you'll just have to hit the phones.

You used to be able to bring up links that weren't listed by searching google with "site:ebgames.com" and your search term, but I think that died when GS bought EB.[/quote]

Bummer. I hadn't known about that Google trick, too bad it's dead. Thanks anyway for the info.

[quote name='Proxymatic']I really want Baulders (sp?) Gate: Dark Alliance 2, Fable LC, and Halo 2, but I'll probably never find either of the first two....[/quote]

If you're trying to use the store locator or calling, most likely they don't know if they have it. Fable & Fable:LC are both under the same UPC in their used game system, so they're both $12.99used(or whatever it costs now). Best thing to do is look around and look at the cases.

I just got back this is what I found. they had all the xbox games in a lil rack all laid out so you had to look at them one by one.

There were alot of the same sport titles that I already had and a lot of Halo 2's.
I didn't see any Ninja Gaiden but saw some KOTOR's

1. ALL-Star Baseball 2005 4.99
2. NHL 2005 4.99
3. Solider of Fortune II : Double Helix 4.99
4. NFL Street 3.99
5. MVP Baseball 2004 3.99
6. Madden NFL 2005 1.99

I wanted to pick up a Tiger woods but I couldn't find the one I had seen that was a 2005 and I saw a 2003 but it was only 99 cents and that would have been my free
game so I declined.

I couldn't find any Soccer games or NBA Ballers games so Im disappointed and I would call my pick up an average loot.

clovis, CA Gamestop.

one of my discs doesnt work I got ripped off!

Two of my discs dont work??? is that the normal failure rate???

Went to an EB Games and saw a very barebones selection. Managed to pick up Dead Or Alive 3, Fable & Thief: Deadly Shadows. Almost got Shenmue II but the game was already sold without the case.

I may end up getting an original X-Box soon....too many of the great games aren't backwards compatible. Cabela & Barbie is but Syberia II or Still Life aren't?

[quote name='radjago']Fable LC went PH so it shouldn't be terribly hard to find. Dark Alliance 2 can be found with a little legwork on their site's in-store inventory checker. One store near me has like 5 copies of it.[/quote]

When I type in "Dark Alliance 2" or anything similar nothing comes up but the first one. Any tips how I can check their availability? Thanks

I had no idea Jade Empire was backwards compatible.. Gotta pick that up, b2g1 or no.

[quote name='radjago']I forgot that one wasn't listed on the site. I guess you'll just have to hit the phones.

You used to be able to bring up links that weren't listed by searching google with "site:ebgames.com" and your search term, but I think that died when GS bought EB.[/quote]

That is not dead. Search for a title with the word "gamestop" (doesn't even need to be with the prefix "site:") and you'll find a gamestop.com link to that title - usually backordered, of course. The in-store stock search is still as accurate as it ever was. I found three GBA games this way in the last two weeks. Enjoy!

[quote name='supershammy']That is not dead. Search for a title with the word "gamestop" (doesn't even need to be with the prefix "site:") and you'll find a gamestop.com link to that title - usually backordered, of course. The in-store stock search is still as accurate as it ever was. I found three GBA games this way in the last two weeks. Enjoy![/quote]
Not entirely. I've had moments where something appeared to be in stock through the search and came out empty handed upon leaving the store that supposedly had what I was looking for.

[quote name='Tsukento']Not entirely. I've had moments where something appeared to be in stock through the search and came out empty handed upon leaving the store that supposedly had what I was looking for.[/quote]

Like I said, as accurate as it ever was.

[quote name='supershammy']That is not dead. Search for a title with the word "gamestop" (doesn't even need to be with the prefix "site:") and you'll find a gamestop.com link to that title - usually backordered, of course. The in-store stock search is still as accurate as it ever was. I found three GBA games this way in the last two weeks. Enjoy![/quote]

Your method still doesn't bring up Baldur's Gate II for either console, but thanks anyway.

[quote name='elmyra']Bummer. I hadn't known about that Google trick, too bad it's dead. Thanks anyway for the info.[/QUOTE]
It looks like they take down the pages instead of just taking them out of the searchable database. One of the many reasons EB's old site was better.

[quote name='radjago']It looks like they take down the pages instead of just taking them out of the searchable database. One of the many reasons EB's old site was better.[/quote]
As long as you can get the GS/EB product ID for the game, you can still pull out the page from their website by using :http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=950437 (just change 950437 to the game's id , the id will be also on your local GS/Eb receipt). Anybody can help me about the dark alliance II xbox ? thanks

This Was an Amazing Deal....

Found XIII, Indigo Prophecy, Crimson Skies, Fable LC, Prince of Persia Sands, and Jade Empire.

Never had the bank roll to buy any of these titles. Now I have them all for 40 bucks.

bread's done
Back