Buy 2, Get 1 Free Video Game Sale at Amazon

Dranakin

Member since Oct. 2003
Feedback
2 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]18997[/IMG-R]Matching Target's Sunday ad promotion, Amazon is running a buy 2, get 1 free sale on over 1000 titles. All platforms, including PC & Mac are represented. Be sure NOT to use 1-Click checkout or the discount will not apply.

iconamazon.gif
Buy 2, get 1 free at Amazon

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='gettinmoney662']Because you're getting a $60 game with two $40 games. You'd maximize your savings with either getting three $40 games or three $60 games. Mixing and matching hurts the overall savings.[/QUOTE]

But if you only want three games, especially these three which can last like a month each and will most likely retain value for a while...then that's the best decision. The person seemed to be asking if they were worthwhile games, not if it was the absolute best way to take advantage of the deal.

[quote name='Prismatico']But if you only want three games, especially these three which can last like a month each and will most likely retain value for a while...then that's the best decision. The person seemed to be asking if they were worthwhile games, not if it was the absolute best way to take advantage of the deal.[/QUOTE]

Which is why I said from a fiscal point of view.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Which is why I said from a fiscal point of view.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware. However, I still disagree because sometimes there are exceptions. Usually when people ask about specific games that they've considered buying at this point in time, they want to know about the worth or quality of the games and not just the math equations. For me, every time I've selected 3 $60 games I've been disappointed, yet I've come out with great value (on a financial and enjoyment level) mixing and matching.

[quote name='Prismatico']I'm aware. However, I still disagree because sometimes there are exceptions. Usually when people ask about specific games that they've considered buying at this point in time, they want to know about the worth or quality of the games and not just the math equations. For me, every time I've selected 3 $60 games I've been disappointed, yet I've come out with great value (on a financial and enjoyment level) mixing and matching.[/QUOTE]

Once again, that's why I said from a fiscal point of view. Anything that does not have to do with pure numbers is irrelevant.

[quote name='Sway']Mentioned in the Amazon Trade In thread:

Pretty good filler if you're looking for a third $60 game.[/QUOTE]

ANyone find something like this in the $20 range?

I have 2 games and I need a third that I won't lose too much money on trading it back.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Once again, that's why I said from a fiscal point of view. Anything that does not have to do with pure numbers is irrelevant.[/QUOTE]

If you don't care about the overall perspective then that's fine, but you don't need to repeat yourself when I've known since my first quoted reply of you in this thread that you were only commenting from a fiscal sense.

I realize that I've been focusing on the other facets of the question that was proposed, while you only commented on how much money would be saved in comparison to other combinations, so a reminder isn't necessary. I still think these other factors are more important than a reminder of how these deals work out quantitatively, as almost no game purchase is ever solely based on one thing.

Even in a fiscal sense, you might want to consider that some games (in this case I'd say Abyss) do retain or increase value, but it's a hard thing to predict. As someone recently posted, The Show can be traded for $42, which is a pretty big deal as well since you could theoretically earn more credit than the net value of it in this deal if the game doesn't satisfy you after a few days of playing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice, I think I'm gonna hold on to my wallet for now. I really want to play MLB the show, and I'm looking for a sale. I really doubt I'll get a chance to play Tale of the Abyss or Red Dead Redemption right away though. Just started on my journey to Skyrim! Thanks!

It's too bad we didn't get a surprise sale for The Show by a sporting goods store like last year...they canceled the orders initially but ended up honoring them if you called. I think it was only $35-37 or so the week of release.

I need help. I bought two games on March 27, Borderlands GOTY edition for PS3 and Cartoon Network Punchtime Explosion for the PS3. They were both on sale, Borderlands Goty Goldbox (19.99) and CNPT XL (20.47) was about 4 dollars cheaper for some reason. Is there a way of contacting Amazon, the people I purchased from, and use those two games that I didn't receive in the mail yet, (will receive 4-5-12) as apart of the Buy 2 Get 1 Free deal, therefore have them send me a free game priced (19.99 or under)? please reply if knowledgeable about this sort of situation. (Also, is the buy 2 get 1 free deal only eligible for games in the link, or any games sold by Amazon?)

I wanted but passed on Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for Xbox 360 because I couldn't find another two games I really needed.
I need advice, what price do you guys think I should wait for to buy it and will it still be in stock for a while?Do you think it will drop to 29.99 soon?
Thanks guys

The Buy 2, get 1 Deal Sucked Ass! You couldn't find all deals that Target was offering, and they should have honored the whole catalog of deals. But oh well. Hopefully the jacked up price of games go back down ASAP

Waffled and waffled and then remembered I was getting my tax return soon so I treated myself to RE:Revelations, Ninja Gaiden Vita, and Radiant Historia. Good thing I only have like 12 more DS RPGs to play! Sure, I will get through those any day now! My backlog is fine! I don't have a problem!

:cry: Aw, I missed out. Was waiting on Swagbucks to send me my GCs. Their Easter sale sucks. I think last year they brought back the B2G1 offer a few times in April so hopefully it returns soon.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I wanted but passed on Fallout New Vegas Ultimate Edition for Xbox 360 because I couldn't find another two games I really needed.
I need advice, what price do you guys think I should wait for to buy it and will it still be in stock for a while?Do you think it will drop to 29.99 soon?
Thanks guys[/QUOTE]

For Xbox? I'd wait till it was 9.99. For PC 29.99 is a fair price 19.99 would be even better.

Glad I took a pass on this. The release calendar for the next few months looks pretty bleak. I'll wait for early 2012 games to drop big time in price and stay busy playing them over the summer.

[quote name='kingkiller33']Glad I took a pass on this. The release calendar for the next few months looks pretty bleak. I'll wait for early 2012 games to drop big time in price and stay busy playing them over the summer.[/QUOTE]

You and I could not have more of differing opinions. The next few months for me are packed with games.

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']You and I could not have more of differing opinions. The next few months for me are packed with games.[/QUOTE]

What good is coming out exactly? Not trolling...just wondering. I don't know of anything else on my radar that looks the least bit good. The dmc hd collection was the last thing I was genuinely excited about and I got that last Thursday.

[quote name='plus1zero']What good is coming out exactly? Not trolling...just wondering. I don't know of anything else on my radar that looks the least bit good. The dmc hd collection was the last thing I was genuinely excited about and I got that last Thursday.[/QUOTE]
Well, I am sure a lot of people are looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles. Witcher 2 also looks good. Diablo 3 is finally just around the corner. I am sure there are others. It is just early and these are what I can think of off the top of my head.

[quote name='plus1zero']What good is coming out exactly? Not trolling...just wondering. I don't know of anything else on my radar that looks the least bit good. The dmc hd collection was the last thing I was genuinely excited about and I got that last Thursday.[/QUOTE]

Xenoblade Chronicles
Skullgirls
Fez
The Witcher 2
Trials Evolution
Max Payne 3
Diablo 3
Lollipop Chainsaw
Gungnir
The Last Story
Darksiders II
Growlanser

Those have confirmed dates, and these are speculated to release soon:

Quantum Conundrum
Black Knight Sword
Jet Set Radio
Skulls of the Shogun
Charlie Murder

[quote name='Greatwhitecoley']Well, I am sure a lot of people are looking forward to Xenoblade Chronicles. Witcher 2 also looks good. Diablo 3 is finally just around the corner. I am sure there are others. It is just early and these are what I can think of off the top of my head.[/QUOTE]

I´m looking forward Dragon's Dogma and Max Payne 3.

[quote name='Doom Kvlt']Xenoblade Chronicles
Skullgirls
Fez
The Witcher 2
Trials Evolution
Max Payne 3
Diablo 3
Lollipop Chainsaw
Gungnir
The Last Story
Darksiders II
Growlanser