Buy 2 get one free Microsoft Store promo (Save 60$! + 10$ Xbox Gift Card if you choose Titanfall)

kyuby

CAGiversary!
Feedback
150 (100%)
Xbox is offerring a buy 2 get one free promo at Microsoftstore.com , following infor received from email:

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/list/categoryID.67906600?icid=Xbox_2for1Promo

Choose 2 of these Xbox 360 games:

South Park: The Stick of Truth

BioShock Infinite

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14

NCAA Football 14 

Battlefield 4

Batman: Arkham Origins

Dark Souls II

Saints Row IV

Just Dance 2014

Lego Marvel Super Heroes (Out-of-Stock)

Angry Birds Star Wars

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 GOTY

Call of Duty Ghosts

Grand Theft Auto V

NBA 2K14

Titanfall

Get for free 1 of the following:

Any of The games above +

Need for speed Rivals

NCAA football 2014

Crysis 3

Dead Space 3

Army of Two: The Devil’s Cartel

The Bureau: XCOM Declassified

Tomb Raider 2014

Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff

Splinter Cell: Blacklist(out-of-stock)

Choose 2 of these Xbox One Games:

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

Madden NFL 25

FIFA 14

Calll of Duty Ghost

Titanfall

Just Dance 2014

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

NBA 2K14

Wolfenstein: The New Order (Out of Stock)

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes

Get for free 1 of the following games:

Any of the games above +

Need for Speed Rivals

Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare

LEGO The Hobbit 

The LEGO movie videogame

Rayman Legends

The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Valid 5/23/2014 to 5/27/2014, or while supplies last. Valid for select Xbox games. Limit 3 per customer.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like it. Trade in my own copy without playing much. Dance central is much better. Zumba Fitness for Xbox One is also better.

However if your wife likes to sing instead of dance, maybe she will like Just Dance better. Most dances in Just Dance are for you to sing along, so the dancing part is weak.
Ok thank you for the good critical analysis. I think I'll pass on it for now until it's cheaper or a new dance central releases.

No shipping confirmation, but I have been charged for both orders from yesterday - far as I know, MS doesn't charge you until an order ships, so probably good as gold.

Is there mail Monday? Not expecting mine til Thursday which is still plenty of time to flip with Best Buy's 50% Trade Bonus

The Beachwood, OH MS Store is running this buy-2-get-1 deal right out in front of the store and indicating that any combo of games works - not just the ones listed in the two-step process online.  They also gave me the most expensive game (Wolfenstein) free with no hassle or manager override.  

So pretty solid in-store experience at that location.  Go get it, Eastsiders!

luckily i left my cart open from yesterday because i was able to get Titanfall free about five minutes ago...

ACIV Lego Marvel and Titanfall for $63.xx

I hope you are right. The game selections have been completely reversed with the cheaper games being the free game and all the $30's moved down. As somebody posted before its been killed.

What if only the first few and those who got them in store get their orders. :cry:

I will be watching this closely.  I flipped a couple of games to Target and repurchased them from the MS Store.  My card has been charged as well for $65.xx.  What bothers me is the status: order in process. :pray:

I will be watching this closely. I flipped a couple of games to Target and repurchased them from the MS Store. My card has been charged as well for $65.xx. What bothers me is the status: order in process. :pray:
Same here. I reordered the same games and they say "in process." I ordered with PayPal and my PayPal account was charged. But my bank account attached to PayPal hasn't been charged yet. Hopefully this works.

Is the Microsoft store known for canceling orders? Especially ones that were glitched.

It's still valid at the Microsoft store in white plains ny ground zero marvel superhero free Spider-man I did have the paper of the online cart showing it but they said it wasn't needed

Same here. I reordered the same games and they say "in process." I ordered with PayPal and my PayPal account was charged. But my bank account attached to PayPal hasn't been charged yet. Hopefully this works.

Is the Microsoft store known for canceling orders? Especially ones that were glitched.
Why are we all so quick to call this a glitch? I find it hard to believe that the deal would stay alive for over a full day, especially with the number of orders that were being made, if it was an actual computer error. It could have been that whoever came up with this promotion didn't expect as many orders and switched the games after selling a certain number of games. Now, maybe it was a glitch. I don't know. But, it might have also been legit. All of these online sales have disclaimers that the seller can change or cancel the deal at any time without prior notice.

Why are we all so quick to call this a glitch? I find it hard to believe that the deal would stay alive for over a full day, especially with the number of orders that were being made, if it was an actual computer error. It could have been that whoever came up with this promotion didn't expect as many orders and switched the games after selling a certain number of games. Now, maybe it was a glitch. I don't know. But, it might have also been legit. All of these online sales have disclaimers that the seller can change or cancel the deal at any time without prior notice.
id be with you except for all the people that got wolfenstein free. no way they wanted to give out a new release plus 2 other games for $65 out the door. titanfall i could see because everyone is practically giving that away now.

id be with you except for all the people that got wolfenstein free. no way they wanted to give out a new release plus 2 other games for $65 out the door. titanfall i could see because everyone is practically giving that away now.
From what I saw, Wolfenstein sold out online rather quick. Maybe they had a small quantity to "prime the pump" so to speak and get the word around? I know it's all conjecture, but that's all we have either way at this point. If it was a computer glitch, then why are some people still getting the 59.99 games free at brick/mortar stores with 2 29.99 purchases? If the store computer lets them do it, then seems it might not be a glitch.

I went to the MS store in San Antonio yesterday just to get denied.  They said they would do the deal but it would have to be buy two get the cheapest free.  I said the website was allowing it but he said they called this morning and told them that's been "fixed" so I just left.  

For everyone not getting any shipping notifications I asked CS and this is what they told me:

"OH ok! Ground shipping will take 3-7 business days, but since you made the order after 1pm EST on Friday, you won't receive any information until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday."

For everyone not getting any shipping notifications I asked CS and this is what they told me:

"OH ok! Ground shipping will take 3-7 business days, but since you made the order after 1pm EST on Friday, you won't receive any information until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday."
That's what I was told today too.

I never even got a confirmation email, but it did say "Thank you for your order" when I ordered them. Anyone else not get a confirmation email?

I never even got a confirmation email, but it did say "Thank you for your order" when I ordered them. Anyone else not get a confirmation email?
Don't be alarmed if you don't get one. I order from MS store all the time and I never get one. I always the get email when they ship it.

I got confirmation email and PayPal email. Ordered when thread was just being created and still no shipping info.

Disregard. I logged back in and realized it sent my confirmation email to my old college email account. Looks like I'll be playing new Xbone games in the near future!

I see a metric fuck ton of cancellations in our future.
I doubt it. The fact that many people are starting to receive shipping notices would suggest otherwise. Besides, Microsoft doesn't need any more bad PR, plus they can afford to eat the cash loss if this was indeed a computer glitch. Does any one remember the 20% 100 dollars off glitch on Xbox Ones from a few months back on MS online store? I may be wrong, but I don't remember anyone who ordered getting their orders canceled. MS just quietly fixed/ removed the code and went about their business.

If they are willing to eat that 100 dollar loss per system, why cancel these orders due to a 60 dollar loss?

Doubt it means much but I had 2 different chat representatives assure me the order would not be canceled. I printed one conversation to save if needed.

A few people may be unlucky but I'd say mass cancellations are unlikely.

In the past MS have usually honoured (or have not cared enough to do anything) price fuckups (see the $5 1200 point saga)
Yeah, but there's a huge difference in losing out on $10-$15 in digital content vs. $60+ in physical content -- not to mention the price difference. If they take the loss, it's good for customer relations, but bad for the numbers. And as we all know, it's all about the numbers.

Awesome. This is good to hear. I don't care if it takes weeks as long as it ships at some point .

"[background=#f4f4f4]OH ok! Ground shipping will take 3-7 business days, but since you made the order after 1pm EST on Friday, you won't receive any information until Tuesday since Monday is a holiday."[/background]
Well, now we know. Thanks for the heads up.

Meh, maybe if the system had been out for longer. Fifa, CoD and Assassin's Creed will all plummet in price as their yearly repaints come around. Already got Titanfall for $40.

So I did two orders on Friday - one for Fifa, MGS, and Wolfenstein, one for AC4, Marvel SH and Titanfall (all XBO).  Woke up and Wolfen(free) has tracking but everything else is still "in process."

I see this as a good sign of no cancellations and anticipate the balance of tracking today. 

and UPS tracking no.
e-mail confirmation.
games back in-stock on their website but tiers are fixed.

and UPS tracking no.
e-mail confirmation.
games back in-stock on their website but tiers are fixed.
Are you sure the status isn't only 'Complete' under the Promo part of your order and 'In Progress' under the individual games you ordered? Mine has been like that since I placed the order.

Are you sure the status isn't only 'Complete' under the Promo part of your order and 'In Progress' under the individual games you ordered? Mine has been like that since I placed the order.
Mine does say in progress under each game. Just spent 10 minutes of my life that I will never get back speaking to India. They have no clue as to when it will ship. Just told me that ground shipping is 3-5 business days over and over. Thanks India.

Guys, this was a deal that started Friday afternoon before Memorial day weekend. If it doesn't go to shipped status by the end of the day tomorrow, then be concerned. It has officially only been like one business day since I submitted my order (actually a few hours less). 

He wouldn't have received a tracking number if just the first part was complete. It does bode well for the rest of us that the orders won't b canceled...just have to wait. The chat said today the fulfillments are completely random.

bread's done
Back