Buy 2 Select Videogames get $50 Gift Card at Target

Jurai

Banned
https://www.target.com/pl/659283468

$50 gift card when you buy 2 select video games

Target will pricematch Gamestop.com and you will still get the $50 giftcard, YMMV as some stores are starting to make it a 'giftcard or pricematch' thing if they've already been hit, online chat support might hook you up with a pricematch, you probably will only be able to pricematch 1 copy of each game. Do separate orders as I believe it's 1 card per transaction

Following titles are included in the promo

Assassin's Creed Odyssey - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Assassin's Creed Odyssey - Xbox One $58.99
$39.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-odyssey,28zu0

Battlefield V - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Battlefield V - Xbox One $59.99
$29.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-Battlefield+V,28zu0

Far Cry 5 - PlayStation 4 $45.49
Far Cry 5 Xbox One $39.99
$24.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-far+cry+5,28zu0

FIFA 19 - Nintendo Switch $59.99
FIFA 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
FIFA 19 - Xbox One $59.99
PS4 and XB1 $29.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-fifa+19,28zu0

For Honor: Marching Fire Edition - PlayStation 4 $59.99
For Honor: Marching Fire Edition - Xbox One $59.99
$29.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-for+honor+marching+fire,28zu0

Hasbro Game Night - Nintendo Switch $59.99
$24.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-hasbro+game+night,28zu0

Madden NFL 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
Madden NFL 19 - Xbox One $59.99
$29.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-madden+19,28zu0

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - Nintendo Switch $59.99
$24.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-rabbids+kingdom+battle,28zu0

NHL 19 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
NHL 19 - Xbox One $59.99
$32.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-nhl+19,28zu0

Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - Nintendo Switch $74.99
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - PlayStation 4 $74.99
Starlink: Battle for Atlas Starter Pack - Xbox One $74.99
$39.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-starlink+starter+pack,28zu0

The Crew 2 - PlayStation 4 $59.99
The Crew 2 - Xbox One $59.99
$24.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-the+crew+2,28zu0

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition - PlayStation 4 $38.99
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege: Advanced Edition - Xbox One $40.49
$23.99 at GS - https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-rainbow+six+advanced,28zu0

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure who pissed in your Cheerios but I am not complaining. I am just stating what happened to me for other people that may or may not have done it yet. I've done it four times. I am fine with the deals and I've said over and over that Target is awesome. I am merely just sharing my experiences both good and awkward ones.

You must have skipped over the part where I stated that I gave up. I didn't call over a supervisor or make a big fuss or anything. In the end it was only like $10 I was trying to get adjusted so not a big deal.

People's experiences have been shared sooooo many times by now. We don't need to know everybody's got dang experience. This "deal" or similar has been around for years at Target and it's always the same story (2017, 2016, 2015, 2014). Why a dedicated thread needed to be made, when the details (and the seed planted) are in the Target Ad thread, idk... Eventually, the more vocal people get about the deal, the more it will be abused to hell and Target will adapt. Target used to have a similar "save / gift card with purchase of select game and a pre-order" deal, but I believe that one's been killed.

How about:

• know that going in, the deal is against policy,
  • it can be successful, so try it for yourself if you want,
  • know to walk away when it isn't,
  • KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT, and
  • remember the deal for next year (AND KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT THEN TOO)!
That's all you need to know.

Not sharing deals is against the spirit of having a deal based video game forum, don’t you think? Really dislike that attitude. Not saying it’s ok to go bragging on Twitter or even Slickdeals, but everyone was ignorant at one point.

Not sharing deals is against the spirit of having a deal based video game forum, don’t you think? Really dislike that attitude. Not saying it’s ok to go bragging on Twitter or even Slickdeals, but everyone was ignorant at one point.
The gatekeeping for deals on this site from these tinfoil hats is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The gatekeeping for deals on this site from these tinfoil hats is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Slickdeals is the same way, if a big deal pops up people are quick to start a brigade to downvote the post to prevent it from ever hitting the frontpage for all to see

This situation is unavoidable because you cannot dictate people’s shopping motivations. The “spirit” of a deal site is for personal use, but flipping exists because it is profitable.

1) El hoardo flippers kill and get most of the deals because they are depending on these “deals” as a source of income and will abuse it to the fullest (though with vocal discretion...the quantity will draw attention)

2) Idiots without common sense and without discretion kill deals because “loose lips sink ships” and greedy on the nose purchases draw attention

3) Social Media influencers kill deals for page clicks, views, and subscribers because it makes them money

TLDR you can’t have it both ways...either deals for everyone “clued in” or no deals. there is no way determine or dictate whom gets, deserves, etc the deals. secret societies are becoming far and few between thanks to the internet

On topic,i had no problem getting madden, nhl, ac, and bfv from CS yesterday pricematched with gift card for $34...basically b1 50% off get 3 free. Tech employee gave me the “target.com” bs and i just politely requested CS help because he was incorrect. CS had a bit of challenge using the pricematch tool (we don’t match GS...so i pointed to GS on the tool) I used the first gc on the second purchase as well. Excellent deal and thank you op!

Just did it twice at Target. They price matched BB. Then the gift card prompted. They couldn’t remove it and said “MERRY CHRISTMAS”. Nice.

This deal IS shared and IS on the front page. It's stickied in fact (although it could've been made better by highlighting the main deal in the thread title). It includes talk of price matching. That should be enough to spark anyone's interest. This thread is a repost, whose purpose is to bring attention to the loophole, without explicitly stating it in the title.

This loophole is so fucking simple, anyone with a brain will wonder if it's possible. I'm for loopholes, but not so much idiots who need things spelled out for them. I guess people just can't put two and two together.

Also, there's a difference between legitimate deals vs. obvious loopholes, and if you can't understand how abuse of a loophole could cause it to close, then maybe you need that spelled out for you as well.

This situation is unavoidable because you cannot dictate people’s shopping motivations. The “spirit” of a deal site is for personal use, but flipping exists because it is profitable.

1) El hoardo flippers kill and get most of the deals because they are depending on these “deals” as a source of income and will abuse it to the fullest (though with vocal discretion...the quantity will draw attention)

2) Idiots without common sense and without discretion kill deals because “loose lips sink ships” and greedy on the nose purchases draw attention

3) Social Media influencers kill deals for page clicks, views, and subscribers because it makes them money

TLDR you can’t have it both ways...either deals for everyone “clued in” or no deals. there is no way determine or dictate whom gets, deserves, etc the deals. secret societies are becoming far and few between thanks to the internet

On topic,i had no problem getting madden, nhl, ac, and bfv from CS yesterday pricematched with gift card for $34...basically b1 50% off get 3 free. Tech employee gave me the “target.com” bs and i just politely requested CS help because he was incorrect. CS had a bit of challenge using the pricematch tool (we don’t match GS...so i pointed to GS on the tool) I used the first gc on the second purchase as well. Excellent deal and thank you op!
tenor.gif
You must be a blast at parties.

Perhaps I am...i can’t tell if that was an incredibly astute observation or lame attempt at sarcasm ... regardless cheers!
Oops. I quoted the wrong person. Meant to quote phantomphoenix. There was nothing wrong with your posts. My bad.

I'D LIKE TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE, AGAIN. Lol, was able to pick up 2 copies of Ass Creed at the same Target I hit yesterday, and the same manager who okayed it was there and even guided one of the new guys on what to do. Wish all managers were this chill, I should really buy him a beer. Feeling the high from scoring the deal again, I decided to revisit our local Target armed with the knowledge that they can't remove the GC to get two copies of BFV.

The same person was there from yesterday and I explained I'd just like to get a price match on two copies without the GC. They seemed happy to help this time, but I assume it was because there wasn't any explanation/confrontation required over the deal. They grabbed the games and started ringing me up then explained they weren't able to do the PM themselves, but a manager could for me. So they called them over, turned the transaction over to them, and then walked away. The manager confirmed the price to match, then totaled it up and stated that I'd be getting a GC as well since I qualified. I had to fight every ounce of me not to burst out laughing and just smiled saying "oh, awesome!" After all the grief they gave me yesterday, it's amazing how just getting the right person makes all the difference.

Overall, did the deal four times and paid $40 for eight games. Feelsgood.jpg

Simple & Easy.  Before you walk inside the Electronic Department look who's the Cashier  at Customer Service (New Employees is very easy). Pick up 3 games with you (2 games is your Price match & One is sale price or clearance price).  Get your Gamestop, Bestbuy or Walmart link ready.  Hand the cashier the 1st game (price match) 2nd game not price match and 3rd game is Price match.  You get the Games, Gift Card and Get out the Door less than 5 minutes.

Simple & Easy. Before you walk inside the Electronic Department look who's the Cashier at Customer Service (New Employees is very easy). Pick up 3 games with you (2 games is your Price match & One is sale price or clearance price). Get your Gamestop, Bestbuy or Walmart link ready. Hand the cashier the 1st game (price match) 2nd game not price match and 3rd game is Price match. You get the Games, Gift Card and Get out the Door less than 5 minutes.

Or just do two of the games, some places really don’t care tbh. Dude last night let me get 8 games. He gets the sales so was happy. This is probably the best cag deal I’ve had since I got a free tv flipping stuff at gs. Thanks op!

Went back to talk to customer service about not getting the gift card with the two games I price matched. Manager reviewed the tape and I explained how the dude scanned the gift card n put $50 in it but didn’t give it to me. Told me the gift card was destroyed by the employee but gave me a new gift card anyway.

Went back to talk to customer service about not getting the gift card with the two games I price matched. Manager reviewed the tape and I explained how the dude scanned the gift card n put $50 in it but didn’t give it to me. Told me the gift card was destroyed by the employee but gave me a new gift card anyway.
If they employee didn’t want you get the gift card and price match he should have made you purchase the games separately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hopefully they fired the asshole too. Glad it worked out for you in the end though!

Was able to do this deal twice at the local Targets yesterday before closing. I have 2 Targets in town and they are literally right across the freeway, 1-2 miles away from each other. I didn't want to raise any eyebrows, so I bought them sparingly at each store. Store 1 BF V + AC odd, Store 2 Madden 19 + FIfa 19. Guy in electronics said, "Oh wow looks like you also get a $50 gift card after your price matching" 

The receipt shows the games as under $10 each haha. $120 for 4 games with a 100 gift card is not too shabby at all!

Was able to do this deal twice at the local Targets yesterday before closing. I have 2 Targets in town and they are literally right across the freeway, 1-2 miles away from each other. I didn't want to raise any eyebrows, so I bought them sparingly at each store. Store 1 BF V + AC odd, Store 2 Madden 19 + FIfa 19. Guy in electronics said, "Oh wow looks like you also get a $50 gift card after your price matching"

The receipt shows the games as under $10 each haha. $120 for 4 games with a 100 gift card is not too shabby at all!
Why didn't you pay for the second transaction with the $50 GC?

source.gif

bread's done
Back