Buy 5 Disney Blu-ray combo packs and save 70% on a Sony Blu-ray player

fuck I already redeemed the magic codes before 11/8. I'm glad I haven't bought Toy Story 3, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, & Cars Toon: Mater's Tall Tales. So I need 2 more to qualified. That would be A Christmas Carols and Fantasia or The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Lame. I already have all of the movies from that list that I care about (except for Fantasia, since it's not out yet), and I've already redeemed the codes for them. Way to punish me for being a good customer and buying things at release, Disney! :bomb:

(Granted, I don't need another blu-ray player anyway, but it would have made a great Christmas gift for my parents.)

[quote name='skiizim']Is that BR player any good? I qualify =), I never redeem the codes right away.[/QUOTE]

I think SD is saying its the Sony BDP-S470 which seems pretty good to me.

[quote name='badlieut']Actually, it's 74.98 w/ shipping.[/QUOTE]

Is it $74.98 plus shipping or total? I'm interested in this since my ps3 died, I mainly used my ps3 for watching movies but would rather have a stand alone player to do that from now on.

Nice, I hadn't redeemed PoP or BatB yet, so I just did. I'm also picking up Fantasia and Sorcerer's Apprentice. I actually bough the TS toy chest so I'm not sure that'll count for TS3, if not then I'll probably pick up Bug's Life.

[quote name='skiizim']Is it $74.98 plus shipping or total? I'm interested in this since my ps3 died, I mainly used my ps3 for watching movies but would rather have a stand alone player to do that from now on.[/QUOTE]
Total. $59.99 is before shipping + tax. I'm guessing, shipping would be $8-10ish and $5-$6ish for tax.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just ordered it, it was $75 and 6-8 weeks for processing and shipping. I have 5 more codes and could get more from my sisters movies. I'm thinking about getting another one and giving out as a present.

EDIT: They also give you 50 Disney Reward Points.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']@skizzim: how much is the actual shipping?[/QUOTE]

It doesn't say, just charges you $14.99 for Shipping & Processing.

EDIT: Doesn't charge you for tax either.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Can you add more than 1?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so, but I opened another account using a different address so my sister could print out the coupons instead of always relying on me.

[quote name='skiizim']Is that BR player any good? I qualify =), I never redeem the codes right away.[/QUOTE]

i never do either, i personally have 11 movies on that list that i have not redeemed the codes on. thanks being lazy!

I'm wondering if the player is good and also is that price good? I mean, some of the (already out) black friday ads show BR players for 99.

Honestly I have 4 of those movies listed...all of them I have not redeemed the codes for. I could pick up PoP and then it will be set....but after reading the reviews, to have to buy a wireless adapter to get netflix to work is a big boo for me :(

I'm almost positive we'll see a Blu-ray player for around this price come Black Friday. This is a pretty good deal for those that were going to buy these movies anyway. It's too bad they don't count codes redeemed prior to the eligible dates since I've redeemed like 4 of the ones from the list already. I wouldn't mind a second player :D

I wouldn't doubt that there will be a discounted price on BR players in the coming weeks but I believe they will all be Samsung or other brand players. I believe its the Sony s360 that has been on clearance out at a few stores already in the past, so if a Sony one goes on sale I'm sure it would be that one and not this model.

As for as the wireless dongle, yes it's a pain and you can't buy any, you NEED to buy Sony's but I'm sure it will have a port to hook it up directly from the modem/router. For $75 I personally think its a good buy, it is a Sony and there latest model runs for $175ish.

I have exactly 5 of those which I haven't entered the code for, excellent. Now just to look up reviews on it.
That's weird, why does it say the model number, but right below it say actual player may vary? So it's this model number, unless it isn't?

[quote name='Ratchet & CAG']How much are each of these Disney movies anyway?

$20-$25...???[/QUOTE]

Depends. I bought Up and Monster's Inc together for like $8 after using a few coupons. I got Toy Story 1 and 2 for like $20 or so combined (plus 2 tickets for Toy Story 3). People have done the same with others on the list too.

Generally speaking you can find many on the list for around $20 w/o coupons.

Nice, I recently got combos of Beauty and the Beast, all 3 Toy storys, would love to get Alice in wonderland, Monsters Inc and Fantasia. Whichever comes 1st...

But yeh, Thats a great deal on a Sony Bluray player for movies that are on my list of future must owns. Thanks for the post!

[quote name='Nesrie']I think SD is saying its the Sony BDP-S470 which seems pretty good to me.[/QUOTE]It is the S470 (little graphic at the bottom of the BD player picture) and it's a good BD player for the price. At $75 w/shipping, it's a steal.

Now, I just need to see if I have 5 of those codes unused or not, and I think I do. :D

Damn...glad I haven't keyed in my codes yet. Maybe its time to finally get a 2nd Blu-Ray player in the house. Thanks for the heads up OP!

fuck, already did two of them, figures, something actually fucking useful for a Disney reward comes along and I'd have to spend another 45-50 bucks to take advantage of it.

Nice, looks like I have more than enough to meet the requirements.

Some info about the S470 player:
Amazon page @ $148 shipped - http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S470-Blu-ray-Disc-Player/dp/B0036WS4CK
Sony specifications page - http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&productId=8198552921666104167#specifications

Oddly enough, if you look at the graphic that shows it's the S470, you see text next to it saying "Actual player may vary.". You might end up with the non-3D version, the S370:

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...&productId=8198552921666077661#specifications

The description mentions 3D playback, so you probably won't get the S370. I doubt they'd let you go up to the S570 or S770.

Lol @ a buddy of mine who doesn't know that I know about this deal. I usually loan him movies when I get them; he usually watches them first on release day and I watch them later in the week. Today he calls me to ask if I bought TS3, which I did so he asked if I had opened it, which I haven't so he asked to borrow it. Lol, nice try but no. He's one code shy of getting the blu-ray player.

[quote name='Ed_']Lol @ a buddy of mine who doesn't know that I know about this deal. I usually loan him movies when I get them; he usually watches them first on release day and I watch them later in the week. Today he calls me to ask if I bought TS3, which I did so he asked if I had opened it, which I haven't so he asked to borrow it. Lol, nice try but no. He's one code shy of getting the blu-ray player.[/QUOTE]

I hope he didn't get the other 4 codes from you.

[quote name='banpeikun']If anyone has any unused codes they don't need, I'll buy them from you for $2 each :)[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

I'm hoping they get a lot of emails about making it retroactive for codes people already entered. I've already entered 12 of the 20 eligible codes, I have 3 of them preordered, I'm on the fence about Santa Paws if I can get it for under $10 after coupons/rebates, and I'll be damned if I'm going to buy any Tinkerbell movies!

[quote name='gkrykewy']Is there a way to contact them to see if they'll make this retroactive?[/QUOTE]
Customer service via telephone was a no go, and I received no response from email correspondence either.

I have unused codes from 3 of the eligible combo packs.

PM me if you would like to trade an amazon giftcard for them.

[quote name='chuckywang']This deal is all backwards. Why would you buy Bluray movies if you don't already have a player?[/QUOTE]It's not backwards. :whistle2:s

People could want a second player for another room of their house.
This is supposed to be a 3D-capable BD player, so that would be an upgrade from what they may have.
It could be used as a gift for someone that doesn't have a BD player.

[quote name='shrike4242']It's not backwards. :whistle2:s

People could want a second player for another room of their house.
This is supposed to be a 3D-capable BD player, so that would be an upgrade from what they may have.
It could be used as a gift for someone that doesn't have a BD player.[/QUOTE]

Also, Disney has for some time been heavily pushing the combo packs under the concept that you can buy it and use the DVD for now, and then when you buy a blu-ray player later, you'll already have the blu-ray version. This deal is really just an extension of that idea -- you've bought all of these, now here's your chance to get a blu-ray player for them.

[quote name='arcane93']Also, Disney has for some time been heavily pushing the combo packs under the concept that you can buy it and use the DVD for now, and then when you buy a blu-ray player later, you'll already have the blu-ray version. This deal is really just an extension of that idea -- you've bought all of these, now here's your chance to get a blu-ray player for them.[/QUOTE]Especially when they have the same movies in DVD packaging with the BD included.

I always prefer to get the DVD included with the BD purchase, as long as it's not more than a few dollars for the DVD.

bread's done
Back