Buy 500 MS Points or more and get 200 Free - xbox.com

DefeatUForever

CAGiversary!
I just received this email from xbox.com...

Want 200 free Microsoft® Points? We'll give them to you when you buy 500 points or more,* so you can hit the Avatar Marketplace for a new style and make a splash on the Avatar-enabled games you love to play

"so you can hit the Avatar Marketplace for a new style and make a splash on the Avatar-enabled games you love to play"

lol. but this is an alright deal if you haven't been able to get points cheaper elsewhere, i may buy some. thanks OP

[quote name='DefeatUForever']I just received this email from xbox.com...

Want 200 free Microsoft® Points? We'll give them to you when you buy 500 points or more,* so you can hit the Avatar Marketplace for a new style and make a splash on the Avatar-enabled games you love to play[/QUOTE]

Can i get a link or something showing this please

these might be random, if you were able to be selected for that XBL survey group thing, they send you offers like this to earn pts for filling out stuff and activing others.

last one I got was, if I buy something from zune like a show or song I get 200 ms points or something, like cash back but with points.

Here is the best I can do...

TURN YOUR AVATAR
INTO A ROCK STAR.

Want 200 free Microsoft® Points? We'll give them to you when you buy 500 points or more,* so you can hit the Avatar Marketplace for a new style and make a splash on the Avatar-enabled games you love to play.

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen14.jpg

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen12.jpg

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen15.jpg
Like playing as your Avatar? Want more opportunities to show off your new gear? How about Avatar Drop, Age of Booty, Band of Bugs, Bomberman LIVE, Avatar Golf, or Uno?
20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen16.jpg
20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen17.jpg

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen13.jpg

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen19.jpg
20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen20.jpg
20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen21.jpg
Want access to hidden Avatar hair colors? Here's how:
1) Go to the My Xbox® tab and select Customize Avatar. 2) Select Change My Features; then wait 60 seconds. 3) The Hairstyles box will spin. Now choose your eye-catching color.

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen23.jpg

20091209_mkpl_avatar_gen27.jpg

Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 500 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 800 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (December 14, 2009-December 28, 2009). Open only to legal residents, age 17 and older, of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on December 28, 2009, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as nondeliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account and we'll send you an In-Dash message to let you know your points have been applied to your account.

If you do not wish to receive marketing e-mails from Xbox, you may opt out in one of the following ways: 1) update your contact preferences on My Xbox, 2) select Privacy Settings under Edit Gamer Profile on your Xbox 360 console, 3) select the Info Sharing option in Account Management for the Original Xbox LIVE dashboard or 4) reply to this e-mail with "UNSUBSCRIBE" in the subject line. We will promptly update your contact preferences; however, please be aware that it may take up to 10 days before your preferences are reflected in our system. You may still receive previously initiated promotional communications from Xbox during that time.

Privacy Statement | Terms of Use

Xbox Privacy, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052

© 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All Rights Reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners.

okay.. i would like to know this

I have not gotten my 360 yet.. i am getting it for xmas... so i do not want to activate xboxlive gold until then...

will i be able to make an account and NOT activate my gold status?

To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 500 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 800 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (December 14, 2009-December 28, 2009)

Cool, I've got some cards I can redeem.

Damn sucks this is email only. I have 900 points in my account and going to add 800 more to buy Ballad of Gay Tony in a few days. Could've used those free points for a RB2 song. Don't really feel like adding 1200 more to my account to get both (wish you could add exactly the amount of points you need instead of buying in bulk).

It'd be a better deal if it were instant. 200 MS points is what...2.50? Heck, in 4-6 weeks I'd hope I would have forgotten about that by then.

I just got an email from them, and it was SIMILAR. It was only different in that it didn't have the offer. I guess they realize I'll be buying points anyway.

Bah, been a member of Xbox Live for 2+ years and i didnt get an email >_>, AND i was planning to buy like 1000 points tomorow too..... fuck you Microsoft.

They probally only sent this to people who hardly ever, or have never brought MS points, since they know avid buyers would cause them to lose money. Still kinda messed up though.

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i got a similar email with a 1 vs 100 theme and no offer in sight[/QUOTE]

Same here. 1 vs 100 with no sign of an offer.

One word of warning, if you use your credit card to buy these points, it'll activate auto-renewal via the dashboard.

Might be why they're offering this.

Redeem a retail card if you want to take advantage without dealing with the auto-renew crap.

[quote name='SackAttack']One word of warning, if you use your credit card to buy these points, it'll activate auto-renewal via the dashboard.[/QUOTE]
This isn't true (at least anymore), I've bought points and my auto-renewal is still set to off. My credit card information is saved though, but it's very easy to delete it through Xbox.com.

they wouldn't do it instantly anyways....I wonder if this was given to people in the test of the XBOX LIVE Rewards...I'm in it and didn't get the offer

got the exact same email minus the points offer. If you click on "see this offer as a web page" you can tell from the metadata in the web site that there are different versions for different people, depending what marketing category you fell into. Too bad, I have a 1600 pt card waiting for in-store pickup at BB (which I bought so I could get the Sherlock Holmes free movie pass)

[quote name='RonnieWrecked']i got a similar email with a 1 vs 100 theme and no offer in sight[/QUOTE]

Me too.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Guys, how do I turn off auto-renewal? I turned it off before but now I can't find where to turn it off again on Xbox.com[/QUOTE]

I would delete your card from the account all together.

My Account ;

Mang. Payment Options;

Also i noticed something... Odd, at least for Microsoft. They accept PayPal now?? :O

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']okay.. i would like to know this

I have not gotten my 360 yet.. i am getting it for xmas... so i do not want to activate xboxlive gold until then...

will i be able to make an account and NOT activate my gold status?[/QUOTE]

wait and activate through your new 360. it will give you a free month of gold. you can do that like 2 times on each new console, i think.

[quote name='DiRT_X']wait and activate through your new 360. it will give you a free month of gold. you can do that like 2 times on each new console, i think.[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I wish I'd *not* listened to my friend who told me I could set up my live account ahead of time... missed out on a month of Live as a result, apparently. Oh well.

As for this deal, I haven't received the email, I don't think, so maybe it is yet to come, perhaps with deal in tow. One can hope!

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']okay.. i would like to know this

will i be able to make an account and NOT activate my gold status?[/QUOTE]

You can create an account for free. It will start with one month of Gold status for free. After that month, it will downgrade to silver (unless you tack on a 12-month card).

I think this offer applies to somewhat new gamertags since I have 2 and the newest one (created around Fall 09) got the promo while my main one got the 1 vs 100 one. Also, my somewhat new one is a silver membership, dunno if that matters.

This is actually a sweet bonus:

Offer good only for named recipient of this e-mail with Xbox LIVE Marketplace offer from Microsoft. Limit: one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase the 500 points (or more) from Xbox LIVE Marketplace or redeem a retail Pre-paid card of 800 Microsoft points (or more) in a single transaction during the promotion period (December 14, 2009-December 28, 2009). Open only to legal residents, age 17 and older, of the 50 United States (includes Washington, D.C.). This offer is nontransferable. This offer expires on December 28, 2009, while supplies last, and is not redeemable for cash. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the recipient. Any gift returned as nondeliverable will not be re-sent. Please allow 4-6 weeks after the promotion period ends for direct deposit of your gift to your account and we'll send you an In-Dash message to let you know your points have been applied to your account.

I really wish they would send me this. I haven't received the email at all, let alone with the offer. I've got a couple 1600 points cards sitting on my shelf and one of them would like a boost.

What is the best deal on MS points right now?

Would be best to just get them from Amazon (since there is no tax and I have prime shipping?)

Thanks!

[quote name='TurboPascal']What is the best deal on MS points right now?
[/QUOTE]

$20 for 1600 and a free movie ticket to Sherlock Holmes at Best Buy.

Free 1600 points at Target with "hardware" purchase. Check the deal thread.

bread's done
Back