buy a 160gb ps3 and get a free 50 gift card 1/21/11 - 1/29/11

If I didn't already have a current gen system that I've spent so much money on (360) I'd really actually consider that, a great deal. For all it's faults, the PS3 does seem a quality machine, especially for essentially $250

[quote name='Lparsons7641']If I didn't already have a current gen system that I've spent so much money on (360) I'd really actually consider that, a great deal. For all it's faults, the PS3 does seem a quality machine, especially for essentially $250[/QUOTE]
I'm in the same position :( I have tons of GS credit and this is EXTREMELY tempting as I am interested in many of the PS3 games this year. But I have invested so much on my 360 and I have a perfectly fine Blu-ray player. I hope this deal ends tomorrow because the temptation is too strong :bomb: fuck

[quote name='Envel']I'm in the same position :( I have tons of GS credit and this is EXTREMELY tempting as I am interested in many of the PS3 games this year. But I have invested so much on my 360 and I have a perfectly fine Blu-ray player. I hope this deal ends tomorrow because the temptation is too strong :bomb: fuck[/QUOTE]

I have the added temptation of not having a blu ray player :D

[quote name='BrownCracker']amazon matched this:

http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-3..._rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1286724602&pf_rd_i=14210751[/QUOTE]

GAH!!!

Must resist.....................

[quote name='Lparsons7641']I have the added temptation of not having a blu ray player :D

GAH!!!

Must resist.....................[/QUOTE]
If I didn't have a Blu-ray player I would have honestly jumped on it :bouncy:

[quote name='Envel']I'm in the same position :( I have tons of GS credit and this is EXTREMELY tempting as I am interested in many of the PS3 games this year. But I have invested so much on my 360 and I have a perfectly fine Blu-ray player. I hope this deal ends tomorrow because the temptation is too strong :bomb: fuck[/QUOTE]

Buy it man, buy it. You know you want to. You already got GS credit. Go for it man. Those ps3s at GS is waiting for you to pick them up. You only live once. Go for it.

[quote name='Lparsons7641']If I didn't already have a current gen system that I've spent so much money on (360) I'd really actually consider that, a great deal. For all it's faults, the PS3 does seem a quality machine, especially for essentially $250[/QUOTE]

Target just had the same gift card deal but if u went to BB and PM'd now u would pay just $250 out of pocket plus there's a thread confirming also getting the current BB deal with the free LBP2 game all for $250.

[quote name='Enuf']Target just had the same gift card deal but if u went to BB and PM'd now u would pay just $250 out of pocket plus there's a thread confirming also getting the current BB deal with the free LBP2 game all for $250.[/QUOTE]

They don't really ad match on stuff like that do they?

Pardon the ignorance, I'm a noob at this CAG stuff.

Same deal for me, plus the added interest of the 3DS. I have tons of credit at GameStop and its either going towards a PS3 or 3DS.

[quote name='mightyspacepope']Did Amazon stop price matching? I'm not seeing any information on their page about the gift card.[/QUOTE]

Wondering this myself - I'm in need of a new PS3 and would rather not give Gamestop my money.

[quote name='silentspork']Wondering this myself - I'm in need of a new PS3 and would rather not give Gamestop my money.[/QUOTE]

Amazon just took the $50 credit off today (sunday) but I bet they will bring it back later in the week like they did with best buy and target. I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and see if they will match gamestops deal plus GT5 from there own deal. I doubt it but worth the old college try.

[quote name='Lparsons7641']They don't really ad match on stuff like that do they?

Pardon the ignorance, I'm a noob at this CAG stuff.[/QUOTE]

How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

B/C BB isn't offering a GC they just deduct the value of the competitors if they were offering a $25 GC and GS's was $50 they would increase the gift card value to $50. Make sure you either bring a printed copy of the store policy or have it ready on your smartphone and don't try this in line go directly to CS you'll be surprised how many times store reps aren't aware of their own policies...well maybe you won't be surprised.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Amazon just took the $50 credit off today (sunday) but I bet they will bring it back later in the week like they did with best buy and target. I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and see if they will match gamestops deal plus GT5 from there own deal. I doubt it but worth the old college try.[/QUOTE]

Dang.

[quote name='Enuf']How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

The value of an instant gift card with purchase will be considered when calculating a price match. If the combined value of a competitor's product and instant gift card is lower than the combined value of Best Buy's product price and instant gift card, Best Buy will match either the price or the instant gift card value, depending on the offer.

B/C BB isn't offering a GC they just deduct the value of the competitors if they were offering a $25 GC and GS's was $50 they would increase the gift card value to $50. Make sure you either bring a printed copy of the store policy or have it ready on your smartphone and don't try this in line go directly to CS you'll be surprised how many times store reps aren't aware of their own policies...well maybe you won't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

I always do Best Buy PMing at the main line. The pressure to keep everything moving quickly makes it more likely that the PM will go faster even if everything is not to policy.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Amazon just took the $50 credit off today (sunday) but I bet they will bring it back later in the week like they did with best buy and target. I am going to go to Best Buy tomorrow and see if they will match gamestops deal plus GT5 from there own deal. I doubt it but worth the old college try.[/QUOTE]

so did it work out?i need a new ps3 (40gb ylod 4th time!) but kind of like best buys warranty,dont they have a [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Product Replacement Plan or do you have to go with that geek squad whatever plan? i've been without my ps3 for over a month im going crazy [/FONT]:whee:

[quote name='xSolidSnake123x']so did it work out?i need a new ps3 (40gb ylod 4th time!) but kind of like best buys warranty,dont they have a [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Product Replacement Plan or do you have to go with that geek squad whatever plan? i've been without my ps3 for over a month im going crazy [/FONT]:whee:[/QUOTE]

This really does seem like a great deal, but I might wait till I get my taxes back.

I've been wanting a blu ray player so bad and this might be my best bet. Especially since I have over $100 in GS credit. How bad is the whole ylod? If it happens will Sony cover it kinda like MS did?

[quote name='xSolidSnake123x']so did it work out?i need a new ps3 (40gb ylod 4th time!) but kind of like best buys warranty,dont they have a [FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Product Replacement Plan or do you have to go with that geek squad whatever plan? i've been without my ps3 for over a month im going crazy [/FONT]:whee:[/QUOTE]

Not going to Best Buy until tomorrow (Monday). Warranty wise I know you can get a extra 2 years through Sony when you sign up for PSN but you might be better off going with Best Buy so you can take it to the store. I never get extended warranties so I am not sure though.

[quote name='Vap']I've been wanting a blu ray player so bad and this might be my best bet. Especially since I have over $100 in GS credit. How bad is the whole ylod? If it happens will Sony cover it kinda like MS did?[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt count on it since they have not already and it was a known problem on the old phat models.

[quote name='CountChoculitis']Wouldnt count on it since they have not already and it was a known problem on the old phat models.[/QUOTE]

I doubt Sony would extend any extra warranty. My experience with Sony is their warranty service is poor compared to MS. That said, YLOD is still relatively rare compared to the old Xbox 360's and RROD. By the time you got YLOD, most likely a new PS3 slim will be out for even less....

[quote name='Enuf']How do you handle a price match if an instant gift card is included with a purchase?

B/C BB isn't offering a GC they just deduct the value of the competitors if they were offering a $25 GC and GS's was $50 they would increase the gift card value to $50. Make sure you either bring a printed copy of the store policy or have it ready on your smartphone and don't try this in line go directly to CS you'll be surprised how many times store reps aren't aware of their own policies...well maybe you won't be surprised.[/QUOTE]

I tried arguing that once to PM a TRU deal at my local BB and the manager still denied me. I mentioned how it was clear that gift cards are still considered as part of the value but the guy wouldn't budge. I said I was going to call corporate about it but I got lazy and never did. I should though now that this thread reminds me of it.

[quote name='Enuf']Target just had the same gift card deal but if u went to BB and PM'd now u would pay just $250 out of pocket plus there's a thread confirming also getting the current BB deal with the free LBP2 game all for $250.[/QUOTE]

I am shopping around for a new ps3 so this would be a great deal. Is the deal for the ps3 with LBP2 still available? I didn't see anything advertised in this weeks insert...

I'd also have to take into account I'd save a bundle every year just by not having to pay for Live every month as well.

So very tempting.

[quote name='Donut2922']I tried arguing that once to PM a TRU deal at my local BB and the manager still denied me. I mentioned how it was clear that gift cards are still considered as part of the value but the guy wouldn't budge. I said I was going to call corporate about it but I got lazy and never did. I should though now that this thread reminds me of it.[/QUOTE]
On the BB forums board there's access to BB Corp. reps that u can PM. Do this and post it on the forums page then print it out and come back 2 BB. It's alot if legwork but from that point on whenever there's a deal u want well...no more BS

bread's done
Back