Buy a DSi and get Rhythm Heaven for $16 at Amazon

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Pre-order a copy of Rhythm Heaven along with a new Nintendo DSi handheld gaming console, enter promotional claim code heaven10 at checkout, and $10 off savings will apply instantly at checkout. Must be shipped and sold by Amazon.com to qualify. Offer valid while supplies last and ends April 5, 2009.

Link

[quote name='genfuyung']Trying to decide if the DSi is worth an upgrade from the lite. There are some killer games for the DS right now.[/QUOTE]

You know the DSi plays DS games don't you?

The larger screen will make every DS game a tiny bit better, Genfuyung. Plus the DSi-exclusive and -enhanced stuff will be cool over time.

BTW, if you're a Club Nintendo member, don't forget to register your intent to buy Rhythm Heaven-- you'll get 10 extra coins when you register the game.

Great advice, Justin! And to do that, after you sign into Club Nintendo, click on Earn Coins, and then the Intend to Buy link on the left side of the screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Justin42']BTW, if you're a Club Nintendo member, don't forget to register your intent to buy Rhythm Heaven-- you'll get 10 extra coins when you register the game.[/quote]

[quote name='eastx']Great advice, Justin! And to do that, after you sign into Club Nintendo, click on Earn Coins, and then the Intendo to Buy link on the left side of the screen.[/quote]

Aha! I almost forgot all about that. Thanks for the reminder. I'm only like 20 points away from 800 for the game & watch collection.:bouncy:

Anyone having trouble getting the intend to buy page to show up? For me, it says "we don't have anything for you to plan to buy right now. Please check back later..."

:(

[quote name='WilliamG']Anyone having trouble getting the intend to buy page to show up? For me, it says "we don't have anything for you to plan to buy right now. Please check back later..."

:([/QUOTE]

I think you had to "intend to buy" RH before today - isn't today the release date?

[quote name='gkrykewy']I think you had to "intend to buy" RH before today - isn't today the release date?[/QUOTE]

Nope, comes out the same day as the DSI, April 5.

[quote name='Justin42']BTW, if you're a Club Nintendo member, don't forget to register your intent to buy Rhythm Heaven-- you'll get 10 extra coins when you register the game.[/quote]

Thanks for the info buddy.

[quote name='WilliamG']Nope, comes out the same day as the DSI, April 5.[/QUOTE]

Okay - in any case, when I filled out my form a couple of days ago I noticed that the "intend to buy" option expired on the 28th or 29th, and RH was the only game available for "intend to buy"

For those undecided about Rhythm Heaven, there's a demo available in the Nintendo Channel on Wii. It's digital awesomeness and persuaded me to take advantage of this deal. Thanks, Cheapy, for pointing it out. After all these years, you still deliver! :applause::cool:

Cheers,
--BF

Yeah, my copy of Rhythm Heaven is in shipping soon status.

Being as I have Prime I'd like to think both the DSi and the game will ship today so I have them Monday...

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Mine shipped today, just the Rhythm Heaven Game.[/QUOTE]

Same here... kind of pointless since I won't have a system to play it on. Come on ship my DSi Amazon!

I so wanted to take advantage of this deal. I was buying Rhythm Heaven from Amazon anyway, so I would've saved $9 there (had Rhythm Heaven ordered when it was $24.99 instead of $25.xx) and about $10 on tax on the DSi. Curse me for not being able to find a buyer for my DSLite

Oh well, still getting one. See you guys on the battlefield of the DS.

I was gonna buy a DSi but since the PSP 2 announcement is only a few weeks after the April 5th launch at E3 I have decided to take my $170.00 and put it towards the cost of the PSP 2.

The Games on PSP 2 should be amazing. It should put the DSi to shame.

Sure the DSi is all the hype now but wait for the PSP 2.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']I was gonna buy a DSi but since the PSP 2 announcement is only a few weeks after the April 5th launch at E3 I have decided to take my $170.00 and put it towards the cost of the PSP 2.

Sure the DSi is all the hype now but wait for the PSP 2.[/QUOTE]

lol, well aren't you the cute little fanboy?

Not a Fanboy when I have 800 Club NIntendo Points and close to Elite Status.

Plus a Wii and a PS3 I am an adult I have no time to be a fanboy. I like it I buy it.

[quote name='Hacker Snacker']I was gonna buy a DSi but since the PSP 2 announcement is only a few weeks after the April 5th launch at E3 I have decided to take my $170.00 and put it towards the cost of the PSP 2.

Sure the DSi is all the hype now but wait for the PSP 2.[/quote]

What the fuck are you talking about?

Hacker, you're just babbling nonsense rumors. Even if Sony does announce a new PSP, it won't be anything more than a small improvement, just like the DSi is a small improvement to the DS Lite. Making your buying decisions based on unsubstantiated rumors isn't smart at all.

[quote name='baruflea']For those undecided about Rhythm Heaven, there's a demo available in the Nintendo Channel on Wii. It's digital awesomeness and persuaded me to take advantage of this deal. Thanks, Cheapy, for pointing it out. After all these years, you still deliver! :applause::cool:

Cheers,
--BF[/quote]
I second this notion, I wasn't interested in Rhythm Heaven at all until I played the demo. If you think WarioWare with rhythm-based minigames, you've got the exact feel here. I thought it was real nice. I have no plans to get a DSi and would much rather get a PSP for $10 less, but Rhythm Heaven is definitely a quality complement here.

Just checked my order status here.

I'm on Super Saver Shipping. My Amazon order with a DSi and Rhythm Heaven shows the order as "shipping soon" and there's a pending charge in my bank account with Amazon.

IT'S COMING.

Nintendo announced the first batch if DSiWare titles! From http://kotaku.com/5195299/nintendo-announces-dsiware-titles :

WarioWare: Snapped! — Using the built-in Nintendo DSi camera, this outrageous title puts players right at the center of fast-paced mini-games, challenging them to race the clock and get a peek at Wario's photo album.
Bird & Beans (Pyoro) — Using an elastic tongue, players must scramble to collect falling beans. The harder a bean is to catch, the more points it's worth.
Brain Age Express: Math — In this math-focused edition of the popular Brain Age series, players can enjoy a mix of new and familiar training exercises. A new Themes mode also lets Nintendo DSi users experiment with images and voice recordings in fun, unusual ways.
Master of Illusion Express: Funny Face — This game uses your Nintendo DSi as a prop in a card trick. Draw a face on the touch screen and astound your audience as the face tells them which playing card they picked.
Art Style: AQUIA — The newest addition to the eye-popping Art Style series, this mesmerizing underwater puzzle game challenges players to help a scuba diver reach the ocean floor by matching a series of colored blocks.

What games are you guys planning to get with your free 1000 points?

[quote name='Justin42']Dammit, my DSi is still just plain ol 'not yet shipped'.

Get off yer butt, Amazon![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I agree, because I paid for overnight shipping...

[quote name='Cmosfm']Yeah, I agree, because I paid for overnight shipping...[/quote]

They shipped mine today for Monday (as I had Overnight as well), so I'm assuming they were just shipping out to make most orders arrive on Monday, and since we payed for Overnight, they probably didn't want to ship it yesterday because... you know, we'd have it today. :lol:

DSi just shipped, with a 4/7 arrival date, although it shipped from Phoenix and I'm in CA so hopefully it arrives Monday anyway. (honestly I'd be slightly annoyed if it doesn't come on Monday, given I'm Prime and they could've shipped early for guaranteed 2-day delivery.. not the end of the world, I know..)

[quote name='Justin42']DSi just shipped, with a 4/7 arrival date, although it shipped from Phoenix and I'm in CA so hopefully it arrives Monday anyway. (honestly I'd be slightly annoyed if it doesn't come on Monday, given I'm Prime and they could've shipped early for guaranteed 2-day delivery.. not the end of the world, I know..)[/QUOTE]

That's incredibly odd. I chose Super Saver and it's shipping from Bell, CA. And I'm in Los Angeles. Technically, my DSi is within a 30-minute proximity or so!

Epic Edit: In transit! Holy shit, might arrive tomorrow.

[quote name='Nohbdy']That's incredibly odd. I chose Super Saver and it's shipping from Bell, CA. And I'm in Los Angeles. Technically, my DSi is within a 30-minute proximity or so!

Epic Edit: In transit! Holy shit, might arrive tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

That is really weird since Amazon doesn't even have warehouses in CA... which is why we don't have to pay tax. If yours is coming USPS that seems to be a central sorting location, so if it's there, who knows what'll happen.

UPS shows mine as on time for April 7th. Boo, Amazon. (I must've gotten pushed to the end of the queue reordering to get Rhythm Heaven since I originally ordered the first day they put pre-orders up)

[quote name='saiyajinsc']My shipment is at my local ups center. I did one day shipping. Do you think I'll get mine today ?[/quote]

Highly unlikely as Amazon never does Saturday deliveries. (Or at least for me they don't.) Just expect it Monday.

Mine was at a local center yesterday (within maybe an hour or two of me, actually) and isn't going to arrive until Saturday.

[quote name='SuperTongue']Highly unlikely as Amazon never does Saturday deliveries. (Or at least for me they don't.) Just expect it Monday.

Mine was at a local center yesterday (within maybe an hour or two of me, actually) and isn't going to arrive until Saturday.[/quote]

I just got something from Amazon today, funny.

Also, I have a question...sorry if its annoying, but I figure this is an opportune time to ask...will newer DS games only be playable on the DSi and not the DS lite? For some reason I have that idea in my head, I dont know if I dreamt it...or vaguely heard it somewhere...

Optimus there will be some games that have enhancements when run on a DS, but they haven't announced any DSi-exclusive games yet, as far as I know.

got mine today reordered with rthym haven and Super Saver shipping

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastx']Optimus there will be some games that have enhancements when run on a DS, but they haven't announced any DSi-exclusive games yet, as far as I know.[/quote]

Good, Im looking into getting a DS and Im perfectly happy with the DSLite...its cheaper too.

[quote name='grim123']got mine today reordered with rthym haven and Super Saver shipping[/QUOTE]

Wow, congrats... do you live fairly close to an Amazon warehouse? Is the DSiWare store running today?

My DSi, scheduled for Tuesday delivery, is in a UPS sorting center about 35 miles away. Rhythm Heaven, scheduled for Monday, is in a FedEx sorting center in New Jersey, 3000 miles away.

Which delivery carrier will make up the most time? ;)

[quote name='CheapyD']Offer valid while supplies last and ends April 5, 2009.[/QUOTE]

Sadly, this deal expired yesterday, the 4th.

bread's done
Back