Buy a PS VITA 3G or WIFI version, get $50 Walmart gift card June 3 - June 9(In store)

Why anyone would buy this at the price it launched at is a bit silly, my buy price point is under 150- the tech is great but I want more than just PS3 ports

There aren't too many title's i'm going gaga over at the moment for vita... will have to wait until a bigger price drop to buy in. Thanks OP for the offer.

The Vita is not going to go down in price like the 3DS did. The 3DS needed to go down in price because it was overpriced from the beginning. It was sold at a huge profit, as things stand now Sony makes about 40 bucks in profit, and that's without counting advertising and licensing. The console itself is fairly priced at 250 and its up to each individual to see if it's worth it or not based on the games it has.

The Vita will probably get a bundle at E3, not a price drop or redesign. That's the most you can hope for, so if you want a 4gb card and a game that you probably wont have a choice over to come bundled for 250, wait.
Or you can get this and use the 50 dollar giftcard to buy the game you want. Though youd still have to buy the memory card.

I think its important for both Nintendo and Sony to not create a precedent about this. If the 2 recent handhelds dropped in price in less than a year, then people will ALWAYS want to wait about a year for a price drop. Itll be worse if its 3 or 4 months like people want the Vita to do. That faith with the consumer would be completely lost. At this point, it would do more damage than good.

[quote name='Aliens']Sonya's e3 press conf is Monday night. Well before the 9th when this sale goes live...[/QUOTE]The 9th is when this sale ends.

[quote name='FlyingMonkey9']Why anyone would buy this at the price it launched at is a bit silly, my buy price point is under 150- the tech is great but I want more than just PS3 ports[/QUOTE]
For me the problem ain't the price of the system itself, it's the overpriced memory cards that hold me off from getting one.

[quote name='vincentgrey']I think its important for both Nintendo and Sony to not create a precedent about this. If the 2 recent handhelds dropped in price in less than a year, then people will ALWAYS want to wait about a year for a price drop. Itll be worse if its 3 or 4 months like people want the Vita to do. That faith with the consumer would be completely lost. At this point, it would do more damage than good.[/QUOTE]

The product life cycle for handhelds is now much shorter due to competition from other portable devices that can do gaming. Sony doesn't have 3 years for the Vita to hit its stride in sales in 5 to 6 year product life span...Sony has 18 months/Holiday 2013 to convince developers that the Vita is viable platform. Sony needs to build up an installed base large enough to get developers to care about the Vita, or the Vita is not going to get much attention outside of Sony's stable of 1st party and all but first party developers....Fewer games = fewer reasons to buy a Vita = fewer Vitas sold.

Price drops are far less relevant that price points. People will buy at certain price levels....A vast majority will not drop $250+ for a handheld device, period. Nintendo found that out the hard way. Putting out bundles at $250 or more won't move the needle. Sony has far more to worry about than conditioning consumers to price drops on handhelds....If the Vita doesn't get a big enough installed base in the first 18 months, the Vita will be Sony's last handheld.

Not as good as the deal Best Buy had a couple of weeks ago, but still pretty good considering you can get Hot Shots and Wipeout for $40 of the $50 gift card.

I am predicting a Unit 13 Bundle. Zipper is RIP and that's a Sony owned company so I think they could throw that in with the system at little real cost.

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...I need to see the Vita with a cheaper price and more fighting games before I bite. Maybe after E3...[/QUOTE]

Moaaaaar fighting games? 3 months out and blazblue, MvC3 and Mortal Kombat isn't enough?

I'll pick up a Vita when I can get the system AND a 32 gb card for $200. PSOne Classics are too big for any smaller of a card and there are more than enough 3DS games out and coming out in the near future to hold me over until this happens.

Wish this would price drop $50. I would consider a wifi Vita at $200 with a $50 gift card.

I don't have aT&T so 3G version isn't worth it to me.

There's a hand full of Vita titles I want:
Zero Escape Virtue's Last Reward (I

You guys that don't have Vita's, and are saying you'd get it if it was this such n' such price, or if it the memory cards were cheaper.....

I've got two words for you:

CRAIGS

LIST

You can get Vita hardware on Craigslist anywhere from as low as $130 to about $170. No tax. I'm talking about the system, power cords, etc. For $190, again... no TAX, you can get a Vita system, 8 gig mem card and two games.

No need to buy at retail, until the price goes WAY down. Craigslist is where it's at. You just need to be a patient shopper. Most Vita owners will have the price of their package about $100 more than it should be, but it's going to take them awhile to realize that there just isn't any demand.

on my local Craigslist, there are literally about 10 dudes that have been running Vita ad's for well over a month, and none of them have sold any. Why? Their price is way too high, but they just can't seem to come to grips with the reality. Eventually, they will crack. You gotta have patience, but $145 for the bare hardware is very do-able. GameStop will pay $100 cash for a Vita or 125 store credit. So, offering up $145 cash is pretty decent. Better to buy with 2 games and an 8 gig mem card for $190 tho.

Wait till after e3, either the vita or memory will get a price drop. Sony is not just competing against nintendo but also against smartphones so they need to do something in order to move units.

That's what I'm waiting for if not I would have bought it a long time ago.

[quote name='GBAstar']You have a much better chance of getting a bundle then a price drop. This has been said 100's of times in similar threads.[/QUOTE]yep, BB Canada already has a sale that gives you Resistance for free w/ vita purchase & the PS3 is $200 which is what we'll most likely see from E3 no flat out price drop on vita just bundles & game news overload.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322314

[quote name='SuperMario64']Good deal but I'm gonna wait for E3 until I go for this deal. If there is no price cut, I may go for this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Nintendonly']It can go even cheaper. They are aching for sales.[/QUOTE]not enuf to drop the price they'll throw more stuff in for $250

[quote name='Mcast']I've been wanting a vita but i wonder if this is foreshadowing a vita price drop[/QUOTE]^^^

[quote name='Anthony1']You guys that don't have Vita's, and are saying you'd get it if it was this such n' such price, or if it the memory cards were cheaper.....

I've got two words for you:

CRAIGS

LIST

You can get Vita hardware on Craigslist anywhere from as low as $130 to about $170. No tax. I'm talking about the system, power cords, etc. For $190, again... no TAX, you can get a Vita system, 8 gig mem card and two games.

No need to buy at retail, until the price goes WAY down. Craigslist is where it's at. You just need to be a patient shopper. Most Vita owners will have the price of their package about $100 more than it should be, but it's going to take them awhile to realize that there just isn't any demand.

on my local Craigslist, there are literally about 10 dudes that have been running Vita ad's for well over a month, and none of them have sold any. Why? Their price is way too high, but they just can't seem to come to grips with the reality. Eventually, they will crack. You gotta have patience, but $145 for the bare hardware is very do-able. GameStop will pay $100 cash for a Vita or 125 store credit. So, offering up $145 cash is pretty decent. Better to buy with 2 games and an 8 gig mem card for $190 tho.[/QUOTE]
I wish I could punch everyone who buys and sells on Craigslist. It's the epitome of sleaze.

[quote name='Nintendonly']I wish I could punch everyone who buys and sells on Craigslist. It's the epitome of sleaze.[/QUOTE]

Why is that? Its the same as this site when it comes to selling things, only its a different domain name and everyone here is a gamer.

This is Black Friday type deals for a product this new. I can only imagine what a REAL Black Friday deal on this will be. I guess sales for the PS Vita have really petered out?

[quote name='EliteCaboose117']Dont see this anywhere in the walmart ad[/QUOTE]

Hmm, website only shows a free game or a free case bundle for the $249.99 price.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Wish this would price drop $50. I would consider a wifi Vita at $200 with a $50 gift card.
[/QUOTE]

So you want a Vita for $200 and a $50 gift card? Might aswell ask for a 50 dollar 3DS while you're at it. :bouncy:

[quote name='Nintendonly']I wish I could punch everyone who buys and sells on Craigslist. It's the epitome of sleaze.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure some people feel the same way about those that shop and work at Wal-Mart.

This is a good deal, but I can't help but wonder if there is a 50 dollar price drop coming very soon for Vita. We'll know something more tomorrow, I guess.

[quote name='srac84']its on walmart.com click on local ad at the top of the site, and it'll be on the bottom left of page 27..[/QUOTE]

Must not be a national offer, not in my local ad so i stopped into my local walmart and they hadnt heard of this offer

[quote name='Full Metal XL']Hmm...I need to see the Vita with a cheaper price and more fighting games before I bite. Maybe after E3...[/QUOTE]
It already has 3 AAA fighters and has what? Tekken and SF coming this year? how many fighters do you need?

wow really? the level of stupidity is outstanding

I personally have the Vita 3G version, even though i don't plan on using the 3g, it's still good to have for the re-sale value. If that wal-mart offer is valid with the Vita 3G that comes with the 8gb memory card AND there's a game out right now that you want to play, then it's probably worth it.

I just finished playing Uncharted Golden Abyss and while it's not as amazing as the ps3 console ones, it's still pretty cool. As soon as they release some good RPG then i'm all set.

[quote name='Anthony1']You guys that don't have Vita's, and are
CRAIGS

LIST[/QUOTE]
I'm seeing so many people on CL asking for full retail price. I guess they're suffering from buyers remorse.

[quote name='fore1337']I'm seeing so many people on CL asking for full retail price. I guess they're suffering from buyers remorse.[/QUOTE]
same here unfortunately

[quote name='Damien_Wayne']Wait till after e3, either the vita or memory will get a price drop. Sony is not just competing against nintendo but also against smartphones so they need to do something in order to move units.

That's what I'm waiting for if not I would have bought it a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

Is this a joke?

No I'm serious. Is it a joke. Sony has the biggest OLED on a mobile device so far along with dedicated controls for gaming. The power is there as well.
My only complaint is I think the controls could be better. I was not happy with the size and feel of the analog sticks and I didn't feel much better about the d-pad.
I wish I didn't have to say these things either because I want "Reality Fighters", "Gravity Daze" and "Street Fighter X Tekken" on the Vita. If another innovative looking, see non-franchise looking pos like "Gravity Daze" comes out I will happily scoop it up.
I doubt anyone here will likely be buying "Gravity Daze" in the numbers it needs to make it a hit.

[quote name='fore1337']I'm seeing so many people on CL asking for full retail price. I guess they're suffering from buyers remorse.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately I'm seeing way overpriced Vita's on CL. People really do have buyer's remorse. I'm seeing them at full retail also. I feel like posting them in the "stupid CL" thread and emailing them telling them how dumb they are.

*Can't understand why that guy wants to punch CLers in the face. I've been on there for years and it's a good outlet to sell stuff locally. I do understand the frustration dealing with the scammers and idiots that can't read before they contact you though.

so...after watching e3, doesn't look like there's a price drop, but there's been a bundle announced for the holiday season, which is a white psp vita with assassin's creed 3, and a 4gb memory card but no drop for ps3 or vita

bread's done
Back