Buy a PSP GO, get Assassin's Creed Bloodlines or LBP FREE

If you want a PSP Go, this on top of Amazon's $199 sale makes it the best time to buy one in a long while.

Edit: Just noticed that it's no longer $199 at Amazon. Bummer.

The blog post makes no mention of how they know you have purchased a pspgo and how they email you. It simply says, buy a new one, open an account, they email you the code. Some part of the process is missing.

[quote name='tlwizard']The blog post makes no mention of how they know you have purchased a pspgo and how they email you. It simply says, buy a new one, open an account, they email you the code. Some part of the process is missing.[/QUOTE]

This
To redeem code, you must create a PlayStation Network account or login to your existing account directly from your PSPgo system.

[quote name='-Syzygy-']This
To redeem code, you must create a PlayStation Network account or login to your existing account directly from your PSPgo system.[/QUOTE]

OK, so let's say I log into my account from my PSP Go. I get the game? How does it know WHEN you bought the PSP Go?

[quote name='WilliamG']OK, so let's say I log into my account from my PSP Go. I get the game? How does it know WHEN you bought the PSP Go?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it'll know when you bought your pspgo, I think it'll be basing this on the first log-in date on the PSPGo. So if you haven't made an account for a pspgo until now, you'll be able to get a code once you make one and log-in on your pspgo.

[quote name='forteblast']Or, you could buy a PSP that doesn't suck.
Used/discounted UMD > Sony download pricing, every time[/QUOTE]

UMD's suck, though. I'd rather have LBP download than the UMD, significantly faster loading times.

[quote name='maximumzero']Edit: Just noticed that it's no longer $199 at Amazon. Bummer.[/QUOTE]

Well at least it's $200 at newegg, i'm actually considering this even though i shouldn't. I really don't want to rebuy all my PSP games.

[quote name='doodofdoods']UMD's suck, though. I'd rather have LBP download than the UMD, significantly faster loading times.[/QUOTE]

Lets not forget the UMD psp's can play games on BOTH UMD's and memory sticks.

[quote name='solarisv']Lets not forget the UMD psp's can play games on BOTH UMD's and memory sticks.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but they resemble HUGE and ugly bricks.

[quote name='WilliamG']Hrm..... So lame. I do think this is a big slap in the face to all the early adopters, of course.[/QUOTE]

Early adopters always get slapped in the face. PS3 Slim > PS3 Fat. Xbox 60GB > Xbox 20GB. Nintendo DSi > Nintendo DS Lite. This is why I generally don't adopt early (although I am saddled with the weak 20GB Xbox... ugh...).

[quote name='BingoBrown']Early adopters always get slapped in the face. PS3 Slim > PS3 Fat. Xbox 60GB > Xbox 20GB. Nintendo DSi > Nintendo DS Lite. This is why I generally don't adopt early (although I am saddled with the weak 20GB Xbox... ugh...).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it definitely has become the norm in the game industry. Even if you exclude system upgrades, you know they're going to do some sort of bundles eventually. I guess it's sort of a trade off between being one of the first to have the system.

However, for me - and this is probably not the reaction the gaming companies want - this is the sort of thing that always encourages me to wait. Not only will the price come down, but some sort of bundle/deal will po up, and then there is the fact that waiting a bit means you have a larger game library to choose from. There isn't much of a downside for me, but then I've never been the type to run out and get something the day it releases.

Was about to post this myself. Too bad the deal only counts for new buyers. A massive middle finger to us existing GO owners. (Especially those of us who brought on release day). Crappy free Rock Band demo ftw >_>.

Atleast with Microsoft, the only issues you had to worry about was console killing errors (Which i never had happen to either of my Xbox's), but with Sony, you have to deal with the constant slap to the face deals and new console releases (Aka the 2000 and 3000)

It needs a price cut, AND a free game (Especially for us early adopters, even the Europeans 2+ deals counted for New Purchasers/Existing Owners, and they got like 120 dollars worth of new games free)

[quote name='WilliamG']Hrm..... So lame. I do think this is a big slap in the face to all the early adopters, of course.[/QUOTE]
Sony already slapped their fans while back when they announced that regular PSP games can't be transferred onto the PSP Go.

This is an awesome deal. I really want LBP PSP but I can't justify paying for it.

And early adopters should not complain about deals that come later. Be more patient next time or just accept the fact that this is going to happen.

Its not the fact that we are really complaining per-say, its just the fact that we are literally getting screwed over. Theres no other way to describe it. Every other region has gotten deals that included New Purchasers AND Current Owners, and when we FINALLY get a decent deal, it goes to new owners. And judging by how long it took for this, im doubting us existing owners will get a deal within the next few months, if ever.

[quote name='gospelman']i JUST bought one last week. ugh. anything I can do?[/QUOTE]

Pray sony gets enough negative press/angry emails and makes things right. Otherwise, your screwed with the rest of the 99.9% of people who brought a PSP GO before today.

[quote name='doodofdoods']I don't think it'll know when you bought your pspgo, I think it'll be basing this on the first log-in date on the PSPGo. So if you haven't made an account for a pspgo until now, you'll be able to get a code once you make one and log-in on your pspgo.[/QUOTE]
What if I logged in on my friend's PSP Go on an earlier occasion? I just bought mine.

It happens with every console, though not this soon I guess... we can clearly see how well it's selling though.

You could throw in a case of beer, a car wash, a new pair of shoes and a massage a happy ending and its still not enough to get me to buy a PSP that wont play used PSP games or even half of the PSP library. The Go should be $60 considering its limitations.

[quote name='BingoBrown']Early adopters always get slapped in the face. PS3 Slim > PS3 Fat. Xbox 60GB > Xbox 20GB. Nintendo DSi > Nintendo DS Lite. This is why I generally don't adopt early (although I am saddled with the weak 20GB Xbox... ugh...).[/QUOTE]

Ps3 Fat 60GB(the first one) > Ps3 slim.

Ps2 backwards compatibility, more USB drives, Third party OS install, and SACD support. Hard drive size doesn't compare since they are easily, and cheaply, replaced.

DS Lite > DSi

This one is more opinion (so was the Ps3 one...but really how can you argue with that?), but I think its better.

100% agree on the 360. I wasn't even an early adopter, got on the summer after the 360 so not that early, and got screwed with the 20GB and the drives are too fucking expensive.

No, early adopters didn't get screwed, this is the price you pay for being an early adopter. If you have a problem with it, stop buyin shit the day it comes out.

You whiny, entitled bitches piss me off with how stupid you are. Sony doesn't owe you anything. You made a conscious decision at the point of purchase that what you were buying was worth the money you were handing to the cashier. Sony didn't force you to buy it. Your reward for buying it was having it. If Sony decides to offer 10 free games to people who buy the system the day after, tough shit for you. You made the decision, live with it.

Sony is not a charity, it's a business.

100% agree on the ps3 part, the 60GB(which i bought at launch) is superior to the slim, my 360 core red ringed and i bought a new elite which is definitely superior to the overpriced early models.

Sony is getting desperate with the Go, just wait a few months and you'll be able to pick it up for $100 -150. i wouldn't buy it for $50 to be honest, my psp 1000 does the same thing + plays umd games/movies. to me the PSP Go is like a gold plated turd, it looks nice but it's still a piece of shit.

Folks seem to cry about this "early adopter" crap a lot. Are you new to buying stuff or something? This is how it goes. Things get cheaper or bundled with stuff as they get older. And if they aren't selling, they get cheaper or bundled with stuff quicker. The PSPGo has been a big bomb, so Sony wants to try to move these things. They aren't gonna sit there be like, "Well, no one is buying unit, but we can't do anything about it, because other people bought it already for more money or without a free game."

How about I but Assassins Creed over the PSN, and then Sony sends me a PSP-Go for free:lol:

This one game definitely isn't the breaking point (even if it can be found for a $200 pricepoint).

I think they should give away the PSPGo with the purchase of Assassin's Creed Blood Lines since the game is worth more than that bad piece of hardware.

Every price drop/bundle ever is a big slap in the face for early adopters, period. But that's how it goes.

I think this is more of a slap in the face to some people than others. Sony had said they were planning a UMD trade-in program for the Go, and I had a coupon for $75 off a console over at Amazon, so I had to use it as there was no other console I wanted. I EXPECTED Sony to follow through on their UMD trade-in program announcement (however it worked), but they didn't, and they really deserve the Go to flop hugely. I know I've only bought two game for it, and those were Prinny and Disgaea on sale. I can't bring myself to buy games for it knowing that if I don't like it, I can't sell it or give it to a friend.

Sony is creating a huge problem for itself with these anti-piracy methods the Go presents, and of course the new BS way that SOCOM protects itself from being pirated. That is, yes, you may decrease piracy, but you also decrease sales. How many of you would buy clothes from specific clothing stores if you weren't allowed to return them within a set number of days (and to a lesser degree, give them to family/friends/Goodwill etc when done with them)? This analogy illustrates the trepidation people (including me) are experiencing with the Go, and in general ANY tied-to-account content. Less piracy and less sales != success.

I just bought a Go from Amazon when they had it for $209. Technically, I ordered it on 2/16 (two days before this promo claims is the first eligible day). Hopefully it counts for me too :) Don't *really* care if I don't get those games though. They aren't ones I would even look at to buy. But for free, I'll take it.

[quote name='WilliamG']I think this is more of a slap in the face to some people than others. Sony had said they were planning a UMD trade-in program for the Go, and I had a coupon for $75 off a console over at Amazon, so I had to use it as there was no other console I wanted. I EXPECTED Sony to follow through on their UMD trade-in program announcement (however it worked), but they didn't, and they really deserve the Go to flop hugely. [/QUOTE]

But again, you have no one to blame but yourself. I was in the exact same situation you were with the expiring Amazon credit and the desire for some flavor of the PSP. When Sony was mum on the details of their (now known to be non-existent) program, I went the other way and got a 3000. Since they hadnt committed to anything, I *expected* nothing to happen; and that's what happened: nothing.

The irony is, the only game that I have spent a considerable amount of time playing on my PSP has been Patapon 2...which was download only ;).

[quote name='jstierman']I just bought a Go from Amazon when they had it for $209. Technically, I ordered it on 2/16 (two days before this promo claims is the first eligible day). Hopefully it counts for me too :) Don't *really* care if I don't get those games though. They aren't ones I would even look at to buy. But for free, I'll take it.[/QUOTE]
I think you will be eligible for this deal. They probably just look to see that you are connecting to psn with a psp go for the first time within the promotional timeframe.

If you don't care about which game I would go with LBP cause AC doesn't seem like a psp controller friendly game.

bread's done
Back