Buy a Summer of Arcade Game, Get The Maw Free

[quote name='SAVertigo']Microsoft advertised "buy all 5 SoA games and get CA for free", even in the MS store.

I'm holding to that, and have a screenshot of before I bought it.

I'm holding out hope.[/QUOTE]

Care to share that screenshot where it literally says "or the Microsoft Store"?

Dammit, I already bought this game from the XBL dash. Pretty crappy of them to make you have to buy through a website. If anything this deal makes me angry.

[quote name='JKSonic']Care to share that screenshot where it literally says "or the Microsoft Store"?[/QUOTE]

It advertises the deal at the bottom of the Microsoft Store on this link.

"Purchase all 5 Summer of Arcade games: Bastion, From Dust, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War before August 23, 2011, 11:59 pm EST, and receive Crimson Alliance and three characters FREE! Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all 5 games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account by August 23, 2011, 11:59 EST. The download codes for your free copy of Crimson Alliance and free characters will be sent to the email address associated with your LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery on or around September 7, 2011. "

I'm assuming that no matter how you obtain all five SoA games, if you do indeed have all five on your profile they are just going to email you a code for Crimson Alliance.

I guess we'll see but I don't imagine anyone who bought Bastion through this (MS Owned) website will have any issues with the SoA promotion.

I would not purchase from the Microsoft Store or anywhere else honestly, might not pass. I know a friend purchased a game here on cag last year for an xbla from the SoA deal and they wouldn't give him the then offer since he used a redeem code. He fought it and they eventually just gave him MSP to his account but that'll be YMMV. Still, just buy the games from the 360 dashboard and be 100% sure that it'll work for the SoA deal. The Maw isn't even worth all this anyways..

[quote name='DJ_Tet']It advertises the deal at the bottom of the Microsoft Store on this link.

"Purchase all 5 Summer of Arcade games: Bastion, From Dust, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, Fruit Ninja Kinect, and Toy Soldiers: Cold War before August 23, 2011, 11:59 pm EST, and receive Crimson Alliance and three characters FREE! Limit one (1) gift per person. To qualify for your gift, you must purchase all 5 games from Xbox LIVE Arcade using your Xbox LIVE account by August 23, 2011, 11:59 EST. The download codes for your free copy of Crimson Alliance and free characters will be sent to the email address associated with your LIVE account after the end of the promotion period. Please allow up to 2 weeks for delivery on or around September 7, 2011. "

I'm assuming that no matter how you obtain all five SoA games, if you do indeed have all five on your profile they are just going to email you a code for Crimson Alliance.

I guess we'll see but I don't imagine anyone who bought Bastion through this (MS Owned) website will have any issues with the SoA promotion.[/QUOTE]

I would guess that this means exactly what it says. You must purchase from the xbox live arcade using your xboxlive account. If you buy from the store it wont count. I don't see any grey area in the qualification rules.

I used my Xbox Live account to register the games. I don't read that the same way you do. However, I haven't committed to buying all of the SoA games yet so I'm not terribly concerned yet either.

I do think it will qualify based on the wording, and the fact that it's advertised on their store site. Their twitter support thinks it won't qualify. If I were reading this topic and wanted to make sure I qualified, I'd buy all the games through the dashboard.

I think that wording is to keep someone from buying all five games from the website but reselling the ones they don't want to others. All five SoA games must be registered to the same XBLA Account by the time frame otherwise it won't get the free game. Otherwise someone could buy Bastion from the website, along with the other four games, then sell the codes for those games, essentially getting Crimson Alliance for free with Bastion. When you buy from the website you get codes that you could transfer/sell/gift, when you buy from the dashboard obviously this isn't possible.

That's how I read it anyway.

The free Maw deal is also good with From Dust. Microsoft has posted the product page and it says "Bonus: Get arcade game The Maw free with any Summer of Arcade purchase*". Like Bastion, the * notes read "Valid for From Dust game only."

Awesome, grabbed From Dust! I was going to get it tomorrow, anyways. Thanks for the heads up!

Ugh, it looks like it charged me for Shadow Planet as well. I had removed it from my cart before ordering... Wasn't planning on getting it.

Edit: I've decided that I'm not going to redeem the code for ITSP, so feel free to message me if you're looking to buy it early.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought Fruit Ninja Kinect, went to my 360 dashboard and it wouldn't redeem the code. (Just a warning) I already own The Maw, but when I tried to redeem the code it showed it as valid so that'll work.

I also bought Fruit Ninja and cannot register it. Are these codes going to eventually become active once the game is released or are we more looking towards the need for a refund?

[quote name='MidValley']I just bought Shadow Planet and it's downloading now.[/QUOTE]

thanks

fuck my wallet, i had points for these already, but ill take them early.

so is it confirmed fruit ninja does not work?

Dead? I get an error "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Return to the Microsoft Store home page." When I try to add From Dust or Shadow Planet

[quote name='Raider']Dead? I get an error "Sorry, there was a problem with your request. Return to the Microsoft Store home page." When I try to add From Dust or Shadow Planet[/QUOTE]

Same here. It looks like they took it down.

I would have totally gotten all of them, but I know that they won't honor the free game with the purchase of all Summer Of Arcade titles through the site. It only works when you buy the game from XBLM either from the dashboard or through xbox.com.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I would have totally gotten all of them, but I know that they won't honor the free game with the purchase of all Summer Of Arcade titles through the site. It only works when you buy the game from XBLM either from the dashboard or through xbox.com.[/QUOTE]

Exactly

Not seeing a link to buy Bastion from the Microsoft Store to get The Maw free. If anyone can help point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

I got myself Dust and ITSP last night, and saved screen prints of page if I need to argue later on about whether these purchases qualify for the free game.

I just bought From Dust from the Microsoft Store and it just added The Maw to my cart automatically for 0.00 dollars. Got both codes instantaneously upon the order going through. Redeemed them both on Xbox LIVE.

Worked perfectly for me. :)

Bastion link still working for me. Thanks above poster for putting the link.

Got the codes right away after confirming order and able to put them in my download queue on xbox.com in seconds.

FYI for everybody I did get charged tax I checked a few pages back and nobody noted about it just in case anybody was curious.

So we still have no definitive answer as to whether purchasing the xbox games through the website (and therefore getting Maw for free) will still allow the Crimson Alliance free deal with the purchase of the other Summer games, right?

Just a tweet saying "we don't think..."?

[quote name='Belcho']Any word on whether this is valid on Shadow Planet?[/QUOTE]

It should,but it's not up on the store atm,that,Or I can't find it.

funny thing is with amazon's (albeit small) discount on direct download of points w/no tax vs getting something like Bastion taxed through the MS store, Maw is a couple bucks... and the Maw didn't grab me... and I have such backlog... Bastion nab will wait.

From Dust looks pretty but game-play didn't grab me, right off early in the trial the natives couldn't get to one of the statue/flags surrounded by water after I emptied it and leveled it... not a way to show me how I'll *enjoy* the game... 'help me!' indeed!

[quote name='aaronandjenni']My only concern would be if this would somehow mess up getting Crimson Alliance for free by buying all the summer of arcade games. I'm just wondering if you have to purchase all the games directly through the marketplace to qualify for that deal. I figure it's probably fine, but I'm a worrier.

I have no plans to buy all the summer of arcade games. I just wouldn't want to mess it up for someone else.[/QUOTE]

Supposedly you can still get the free Crimson Alliance even if you bought codes from the Microsoft Store website.

http://www.xblafans.com/summer-of-arcade-crimson-alliance-promo-works-with-codes-too-21233.html

[quote name='guyver2077']thanks.. i swear i searched that web site and i could not find it.[/QUOTE]
yeah I was doing the same. Apparently if you go through the Chase Ultimate Rewards mall, you got 4pts per dollar too

bread's done
Back