Buy a Wii Console, Get a $50 Gift Card Free + Other Discounts Starts 12/5 at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Minimum 10 consoles per store.

Also:

[quote name='TurboPascal']http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provider/providerarticle.aspx?feed=PR&date=20091202&id=10785886

Some details

Now through Dec. 24, the retailer will offer 15-20% savings on 25 top video game titles, including games for kids, families and extreme gamers, in stores. Starting Saturday, Dec. 5, shoppers with a Wii on their wish list will have the added bonus of receiving a $50 Walmart Gift Card with the purchase of a $199 Wii console in stores, through Dec. 12 while supplies last.*

These newly priced titles, most of which are also available on www.walmart.com today, include these below and many others:
  • Mario & Sonic at the Winter Olympics (Wii) - now $40
  • Lego Rock Band (Wii) - now $40
  • Rock Band: Beatles (Wii) - now $40
  • MySims: Agents (Wii) - now $40
  • Tekken 6 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • Madden 2010 (Xbox 360 and PS3) - now $50
  • WWE 2010 (Xbox 360) - now $50, WWE 2010 (Wii) - now $40
  • Batman Arkham Asylum (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Dragon Age: Origins (PS3) - now $50
  • Left 4 Dead 2 (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Halo 3:ODST (Xbox 360) - now $50
  • Uncharted 2 (PS3) - now $50
[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='xFatalFlaw']All the gamecube titles, all the games on the VC(NES,SNES,N64, Genesis, etc.), No More Heroes, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Mario Kart Wii. I can go on, but if you're going to be a loser and try to discredit the Wii for having no games to play then maybe you should research a bit more :roll:[/QUOTE]

exactly. anyone who truly believes this must not pay much attention to video games.

and of course, the others will just continue to troll simply because they have an Xbox or PS3 instead. :roll:

Worthless, eh? That's why Nintendo managed to move only 500,000 Wiis this past Thanksgiving weekend...majority of them sold on BF.

Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Smash Bros., Mario Galaxy, Legend of Zelda, Tiger Woods 2010 are some great reasons to keep playing with a Wii.

And this is coming from a guy who has an Xbox 360 as well.

The Wii IS worthless to some gamers (and that's OK).

To me it's still overpriced for what it is. I'm not interested in the motion controls. I like MarioKart and play it with a GC controller. All the cheesy swing the controller around games are lame. I want New SMB Wii badly though. Worth 200$ for it? Maybe.

seems like some stores are restocking. I had signed up for an email stock alert yesterday for my closest store and about an hour ago I received confirmation that it was back in stock there.

so if you struck out earlier in the week, check their online stock thing and start calling. good luck.

[quote name='Dr Geo']This sale seems VERY worthless to me. This isn't an Xbox 360, there is no real reason to buy a Wii new.[/QUOTE]

Tell that to my friend, who bought one for his daughter and one for his wife.

[quote name='smoger']exactly. anyone who truly believes this must not pay much attention to video games.

and of course, the others will just continue to troll simply because they have an Xbox or PS3 instead. :roll:[/QUOTE]

People like you two think your doing the Wii a service but its a great disservice. If you said something like its worth owning for Nintendo games alone you might have a point. But when you try and argue that the system is worth owning because of GC and VC games....not games of this gen it just comes off as a pathetic Nintendo fan reaching for any reason whatsoever. Same with saying do your research.

I have bought and sold 2 Wiis(well traded one for a PS3)and will be picking one up again soon. The reason I have done it this way is because of the Wiis lack of games...but a need to play the few greats it does receive. I listen to a crap top of podcasts, read a ton of game news sites and check gamerankings.com looking over all games released once every few months to make sure quality titles arnt slipping under my radar(for example something like Shadow hearts or Locks Quest games that were worth playing but received no attention). So im hardly uneducated on games.....That said again both times I sold the Wii because it has a serious lack of games.

Stuff like Super Mario Galaxy, Zelda and Metroid is great, but outside the big Nin titles we are only seeing a very small handfull of titles worth playing. Even most of those are titles like De Blob and Madworld that are struggling to make par. Games like them or The Condiuit or anything else a Wii fan wants to hold up would hardly garner attention if it was a 360 or PS3 release because it would be seen as what it was...just another average title. So yeah, a Wii is worth grabbing at $150. And yes people coming into this topic and trolling are childish. But you guys trying to inflate the Wii to be something its not is just as sad.

On topic - Not sure on this deal. I keep going back and forth on it. Its essentially $150 since we would use the Walmart GC in no time flat. But at the same time New Super Mario Bros and Mario Galaxy are the only two out/coming out soon im dying to play....but when I say dying to play that might be an understatment. Mario Galaxy would be in my top 3 choices probably for best game of this generation and the DS NSMB was a blast too. Flip side is that as someone else pointed out I dont fee a need to get the Wii new. A 360 id feel I needed to buy new since they break so often, but Nintendos hardware is durable and realistically I can probaly get a Wii off Craigslist used with more extras for $150 or less.

we have all 3 systems in my house and while the wii is the one i play the least-i really do like having it--

i think its a real good system -obvious reasons why i like it i like because it is different from the other systems- i like the motion controls-(unlike some people) n their exclusive titles. like i said obvious points.

as to first choice in a system no--but a great system for $150 yes.

got Best Buy to match Walmart's deal since all my local Walmart were sold out and used the $50 to buy New Super Mario and Wii play (for the extra Wii mote), good thing that BB matched it because my local one would only match if the Walmart next to them had them in stock and especially because I got to use a $50 GC I had

[quote name='MSI Magus']People like you two think your doing the Wii a service but its a great disservice. If you said something like its worth owning for Nintendo games alone you might have a point. But when you try and argue that the system is worth owning because of GC and VC games....not games of this gen it just comes off as a pathetic Nintendo fan reaching for any reason whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

come on now. there's nothing wrong with considering the VC as a selling point to the Wii. In fact, being 28.. the virtual console was my first selling point for it, before i even knew what retail games would be coming.

..and if you see it different, that's understandable too. but it doesn't make anyone "pathetic" if they think easy/inexpensive access to some of the best games ever made is a selling point... the year stamped on the title screen doesn't detract from their quality.

[quote name='smoger']come on now. there's nothing wrong with considering the VC as a selling point to the Wii. In fact, being 28.. the virtual console was my first selling point for it, before i even knew what retail games would be coming.

..and if you see it different, that's understandable too. but it doesn't make anyone "pathetic" if they think easy/inexpensive access to some of the best games ever made is a selling point... the year stamped on the title screen doesn't detract from their quality.[/QUOTE]

Heres the problem.

1. Your probably a minority. Most people from that generation probably either own their origional copies, tons of roms or remakes of these games. People from the newer generation are nowhere near as eager to buy them. Toss in Nintendos having to be drug into online gaming kicking and screaming and....yeah

2. You seemed less like you were using it as a selling point for the system and more to defend it and say its got good lots of great games. A system should be able to stand on its unique titles not just its back catalog of games. I argued this same point last gen when people said the PS2 was so amazing because of the PSX backlog.

Finally I wasn't calling you pathetic. I was saying using the VC to pump up the number of quality titles on the Wii is pathetic. O and your talking to the wrong guy on the whole what age a game is from does not mean its bad or good. I love retro enough that I just sent in suggestions to numerous podcasts to play Lufia 2 for their game clubs/game of the weeks. I love retro games and i made a best game ever list it would be full of classic games like SMW, SotN, Lufia 2, BoF2 and Kirby Super Star.

bread's done
Back