Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit: Deal Extended to Those Who Cancelled

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
UPDATE: Emails are going out to those who cancelled their previous order:
[quote name='Tardcore']Hello from Amazon.com.

We noticed you cancelled your order# XXXXXXX originally placed during the Lightning Deal promotion for the Xbox 360 Arcade console on November 7, 2009. If you cancelled your order due to problems with the promotion, we want to make sure you can take advantage of this deal if you're still interested.

If you order an Xbox 360 Arcade Console by 11:59pm PT on November 14, your order will qualify you for the $100 promotional code. The $100 promotional code does not apply to the purchase of the Xbox 360 Arcade itself, but is valid for a qualifying future purchase. The offer is limit one per household and is not transferable.

To order the console, go to the product’s detail page listed below, add it to your cart for $199.99, and check out as normal. Please note, Amazon.com must be the seller in order for you to qualify for the promotion.

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Arcade/dp/B0029MAXS6

Your promotional code will be sent to you via e-mail (along with instructions for use) seven (7) business days after the qualifying order has shipped.

For additional details of the promotion, please see the following page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?docId=1000450541

We're sorry for any inconvenience and hope to see you again soon.
Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com[/QUOTE]

[IMG-R=5198]8415[/IMG-R]Today at 9AM and 3PM EST, Amazon matches Walmart's Xbox 360 Arcade promotion with these two Lightning Deals...which will sell out faster than lightning.

iconxbox360.gif
Buy a Xbox 360 Arcade, Get $100 Credit - 9AM & 3PM EST Amazon Lightning Deals

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tglaz18']Got my Arcade after the lightning deal snafu and they extended the offer to me via email. Got the console last friday and the promo code on saturday. If anyone got the code, beware that it is a one time use code so if you use it and only purchase something worth $40 you lose out on the last $60.[/QUOTE]

It's been said that the code can be used once, but the leftover amount is not lost, just stored on your account. Got my jasper arcade today in the mail but haven't received the code yet.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']It's been said that the code can be used once, but the leftover amount is not lost, just stored on your account. Got my jasper arcade today in the mail but haven't received the code yet.[/QUOTE]

I can verify that the leftover does get posted to your account. The problem is that it is applied first and overrides any other possible promotional code you may try to use. For instance, I attempted to buy UP and Cars Blu-ray today. They have a 15 dollar promo code UPBLURAY that takes 15 dollars off the total. I entered it, had 21.XX left to pay, and then entered my promo code for the xbox purchase, which completely overrode the UPBLURAY promo code.

I had Amazon call me and they told me there was nothing that could be done. I couldn't purchase anything that required a promo code be entered until I used all 100 dollars of the xbox promo code. After much haggling, I got them to give me another 15 dollars in promotional money so that I would at least get the deal I was attempting to get on the Blu-ray purchases.

For all those that don't like to read so much. BEWARE USING YOUR PROMO CODE FOR THE XBOX BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE OTHER PROMO CODES UNTIL YOU USE ALL OF YOUR XBOX PROMO BALANCE.

Note this offer is not a gift card, but a promo, and thus has no effect on your gift card balance.

[quote name='reininop']I can verify that the leftover does get posted to your account. The problem is that it is applied first and overrides any other possible promotional code you may try to use. For instance, I attempted to buy UP and Cars Blu-ray today. They have a 15 dollar promo code UPBLURAY that takes 15 dollars off the total. I entered it, had 21.XX left to pay, and then entered my promo code for the xbox purchase, which completely overrode the UPBLURAY promo code.

I had Amazon call me and they told me there was nothing that could be done. I couldn't purchase anything that required a promo code be entered until I used all 100 dollars of the xbox promo code. After much haggling, I got them to give me another 15 dollars in promotional money so that I would at least get the deal I was attempting to get on the Blu-ray purchases.

For all those that don't like to read so much. BEWARE USING YOUR PROMO CODE FOR THE XBOX BECAUSE YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO USE OTHER PROMO CODES UNTIL YOU USE ALL OF YOUR XBOX PROMO BALANCE.

Note this offer is not a gift card, but a promo, and thus has no effect on your gift card balance.[/QUOTE]

I noticed this as well....AFTER I ordered ODST via lightning deal yesterday. It charged my promo code for $47 instead of the $30 lightning deal. Luckily, the Amazon CS was nice enough to change my total to $30, thus giving me $70 remaining on my credit. I should use that quickly, just in case another lightning deal or other promotion comes up...

Not only the XBOX code overrides any coupon that you plan to use in your cart, game credits do that too, as long as the amount of credits > the order total - coupon/deal.

What you could do is to pre-order some shits that will bring your credit balance just below the order total minus coupon/deal that you actually want to use. Yes, you will have to pay out-of-pocket to foot balance of your order. Just cancel the preorder after you've placed your actual order. That's the only way to work around this, besides calling Amazon and explaining the situation.

bread's done
Back