Buy any in-stock Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Bundles or Tony Hawk Ride, Get $40 GC at Walmart

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Saturday 11/21 to Friday 11/27

Buy any in-stock Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride bundles for a console, get a $40 gift card at Walmart. Good 11/21 to 11/27 or while supplies last.

Rock Band bundles are not included. DS bundled games are not included. Non-bundled, individual titles are not included.

Yeah, got off work around 12:45AM so I stopped by my 24hr Wal-Mart and asked a couple of employees about the deal. They both had no idea so I asked one to ring it up anyways to see if the register prompted him, and it indeed worked. Picked up a 360 DJ Hero for the deal; wanted a PS3 one, but they only had 360 and PS2 versions.

Has anyone gotten the gift card with Tony Hawk Ride?

Wal Mart's website doesn't show it as part of the promo.

Looks like a nice deal if it does indeed work for Tony Hawk Ride because Walmart is the only place to get the Limited Edition board.

[quote name='crazedracerguy']
That said, when DJ hero gets down to $40 on clearance at Target, I'll buy it. I'm guessing March 2010...[/QUOTE]

:lol::lol::lol: And the unemployment rate in March 2010 will be 4%...

I would jump on this but Amazon still owes me another $10 for my NSMBW or AC2 preorders. I should try calling them today.

Getting the GH5 guitar bundle for $59 then Darkside Chronicles for $6. Can't go wrong there.

Just got back and Tony Hawk Ride is getting the gift card.

The Brea, CA store also had GHWT guitar kit for the 360 clearanced at $55 and it also gets the gift card.

If anyone's wondering, the store does have signage advertising the deal, but it's very subtle. The large price signs over the TH Ride display has a small icon which says gift card wih purchase.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']why not?[/QUOTE]
Uhm...because then you would be defrauding the store for $40. WTF? Do you think that the store is actually going to let you do this? How naive can you get?

So it's just an automatic prompt that should happen when any of them are scanned?

I want to get DJ Hero, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but on the site, so I'm not sure what to say if they don't know what deal I'm talking about, haha

[quote name='lolwut?']So it's just an automatic prompt that should happen when any of them are scanned?

I want to get DJ Hero, but I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere but on the site, so I'm not sure what to say if they don't know what deal I'm talking about, haha[/QUOTE]

That's right. The register informed the cashier to process a gift card. Since I picked up both TH Ride and GHWT, the register prompted two gift cards. No problems at all.

You could also print the offer off of the website, as it clearly stated this was an In-store Offer only.

[quote name='rbarba4']That's right. The register informed the cashier to process a gift card. Since I picked up both TH Ride and GHWT, the register prompted two gift cards. No problems at all.

You could also print the offer off of the website, as it clearly stated this was an In-store Offer only.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I didn't know it was listed on their website. Yeah, there aren't any signs or anything that mention it in store (at least not this one), but the woman got a prompt right when she scanned it.

Anyone know if they fixed the whole "you can't play Rock band with guitar hero" BS? I would love to get this and Rock band BEatles.

Walmart.com has the GHWT w/ guitar for PS3 on rollback for $40

So if you're lucky and find it in store you could pay $40 for it and receive a GC for the same amount?..

Anyone been able to do this?

Has anyone tried to get the $40 gift card with the DS versions of Guitar Hero or Band Hero?

The signs posted in store clearly display "Get a $40 Gift Card when you buy a Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride Video Game Bundle" - no where does it say it's limited to consoles or that the DS versions aren't included...

What a great deal just got Dj hero last night for basically $80 thats a great deal. Having a blast playing dj hero a very fun game to play. No signs in store GF rings up when scanned thanks Cheapy D.

[quote name='NightStalker']Has anyone tried to get the $40 gift card with the DS versions of Guitar Hero or Band Hero?

The signs posted in store clearly display "Get a $40 Gift Card when you buy a Guitar Hero, Band Hero, DJ Hero or Tony Hawk Ride Video Game Bundle" - no where does it say it's limited to consoles or that the DS versions aren't included...[/QUOTE]

I just went to my local Walmart and its a new super center and they dont have any of the older nonwireless GHWT.

I had the lady ring up the DS GH "On Tour" $42.xx and it didnt prompt the GC but I think if it might have if she had hit the sale button since when I had her ring up the other PS3 GHWT it didnt prompt it right away ethier.

I have acouple more Walmarts 30miles each way from me ill check them out while Im working tomm (Fedex's Gas FTW)

I was able to get the Guitar Hero III Bundles for PS3 and one for Xbox 360. My Walmart had them priced at $49 and got a $40 gift card. Also got World Tour Bundles for PS3 for $55 and get a $40 gift card.

There were still more PS3 ones on the shelf but I did not see any Wii and only the one Xbox 360 which I purchased. They were not marked at the store I was at but as soon as they rang them up it prompted them to issue a gift card. It doesn't show how much the gift card is on the register until they finish processing the gift card. I rang them each up seperately and rolled the gift cards and saved the last one for Black Friday. Again thanks for taking the time to post. The kids are going to love them.

bread's done
Back