Buy any Qualifying Guitar/Band/DJ Hero Bundles, Get $40 Credit at Amazon

Virsago

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
[IMG-R=5198]10309[/IMG-R]Get a $40 credit when you buy any of the qualifying Guitar/Band/DJ Hero bundles at Amazon. Additionally, use coupon code BUY80G20 to knock $20 off the Guitar Hero 5 Guitar bundles or DJHERO10 to take $10 off the DJ Hero bundles. Make sure you order from Amazon and not a 3rd party merchant.

This offer ends 11/27, but the BUY80G20 code expires on 11/21 at 11:59 PST.

iconamazon.gif
DJ Hero (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Guitar Hero 5 (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)
iconamazon.gif
Band Hero (360/PS3/Wii/PS2)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='darrenaero']Do we know if the $40 credit has an expiration date? And I'm assuming it is only applied towards future game purchases?[/QUOTE]
Usually it says toward game purchases but in this case it just says Amazon credit... which I assume means it can be used for anything.

Just got the notification from Amazon that the credit has been added to my account. The credit will be applied automatically to ANY item sold by Amazon and expires February 28, 2010.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']The credit will be applied automatically to ANY item sold by Amazon and expires February 28, 2010.[/QUOTE]

While the time limitation is not unreasonable, I'm disappointed in Amazon that they did not state this limitation up front. I've read the fine print for other promo deals and the expiration date is clearly stated BEFORE you make the purchase. I don't believe they did so in this case. Very un-Amazony.

I'm in for the 360 version, I've been waiting for some kind of deal on this as I don't think charging another $60 bucks for a peripheral (no matter how good the quality) is the right move when you're trying to kick start a new IP.

Either way I got this for $88 shipped (with Prime). Used the $10 code and a $20 trade in credit I had.

[quote name='gantt']While the time limitation is not unreasonable, I'm disappointed in Amazon that they did not state this limitation up front. I've read the fine print for other promo deals and the expiration date is clearly stated BEFORE you make the purchase. I don't believe they did so in this case. Very un-Amazony.[/QUOTE]

Agree. I'm also confused about whether it will work like a gift certificate or if it's like that $40 code they offered a while back that has to be used at one time or any remainder will be forfeited.

I got the email this morning saying the code has been applied to my account, but it's not in my GC balance, and I've clicked on all the links with fine print and can't find anything that says if it's a use-it-all-at-once-or-lose-it or if it will be available through the expiration date even if you only use a little at a time.

Maybe I'll just use it for ACII if Amazon offers a good deal on it this week...

[quote name='mr_bungle']I'm gonna wait and see what the lightning deal is tomorrow...if it's $60 I'll buy it.[/QUOTE]

grr i'm kind of annoyed by that. those of us that bought dj hero this past weekend will feel slightly burned so i'm surprised Amazon would do such a thing!

Went ahead and grabbed a DJ Hero for PS3. Had some Amazon credit and started my Prime free trial. Wife really wanted this game anyways and I might as well get $40 for future use. :)

[quote name='Tryxx']
I got the email this morning saying the code has been applied to my account, but it's not in my GC balance, and I've clicked on all the links with fine print and can't find anything that says if it's a use-it-all-at-once-or-lose-it or if it will be available through the expiration date even if you only use a little at a time.
[/QUOTE]

It will be in your basket already applied when you try to check out...I got mine on Sunday and it was in my check out totals when I bought the rockband 2 bundle today. I didn't do anything to put it there, it was already there.

well the 360 version is now 99.99. I'll email em and see if I can't get another 20 off since I ordered the damned thing 2 days ago.

Edit: doh, says sold by J&R Music and Computer World. wonder if Amazon will honor the price dif.?

Just got an email back from customer service saying that since it's J&R offering it, tough luck. Which makes sense, I suppose.

[quote name='Tryxx']Agree. I'm also confused about whether it will work like a gift certificate or if it's like that $40 code they offered a while back that has to be used at one time or any remainder will be forfeited.

I got the email this morning saying the code has been applied to my account, but it's not in my GC balance, and I've clicked on all the links with fine print and can't find anything that says if it's a use-it-all-at-once-or-lose-it or if it will be available through the expiration date even if you only use a little at a time.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't have to be used all at once. However, there's no way to see how much promo credit you have remaining EXCEPT to proceed to the submit page with items that exceed the amount of your promo credit.
e.g. if you have $30 in promo credit left, and your cart contains $31 in merchandise, the submit page will show a promo credit of $30.
However, if your cart contains $18, the submit page will show a promo credit of $18 and you'll have no clue you have $12 in promo credit remaining unless you buy something else or manually keep track.

Also, it appears that if you try to purchase a Lightning Deal that is regularly priced at less than your promo credit balance, it will deduct the higher non-Lightning Deal amount from your promo credit.

[quote name='gantt']It doesn't have to be used all at once. However, there's no way to see how much promo credit you have remaining EXCEPT to proceed to the submit page with items that exceed the amount of your promo credit.
e.g. if you have $30 in promo credit left, and your cart contains $31 in merchandise, the submit page will show a promo credit of $30.
However, if your cart contains $18, the submit page will show a promo credit of $18 and you'll have no clue you have $12 in promo credit remaining unless you buy something else or manually keep track.

Also, it appears that if you try to purchase a Lightning Deal that is regularly priced at less than your promo credit balance, it will deduct the higher non-Lightning Deal amount from your promo credit.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for this info! It was driving me nuts, as I was wondering if I'd end up blowing the whole $40 by purchasing an MP3 download if it was a one-shot deal.

[quote name='Tryxx']Thanks for this info! It was driving me nuts, as I was wondering if I'd end up blowing the whole $40 by purchasing an MP3 download if it was a one-shot deal.[/QUOTE]

No problem. Caveat: I don't work for Amazon, but I'm fairly confident what I wrote is accurate based on my own (painful) experience.

If I order the 360 version of Dj Hero will I still get the $40 game credit. It says that it is being sold by J&R Music and Computer World and the game credit is only available to those who order directly from Amazon. can anyone confirm this?

[quote name='blam626']If I order the 360 version of Dj Hero will I still get the $40 game credit. It says that it is being sold by J&R Music and Computer World and the game credit is only available to those who order directly from Amazon. can anyone confirm this?[/QUOTE]
Not if you order from J&R.

for all those that ordered DJ hero for xbox on saturday (me being one of them) i emailed amazon because its currently $99.99 and im hoping for a $20 refund on my order since we paid $119.99. I will keeep you posted on their reply but i dont see why they would give me any hassle

[quote name='henry00x']for all those that ordered DJ hero for xbox on saturday (me being one of them) i emailed amazon because its currently $99.99 and im hoping for a $20 refund on my order since we paid $119.99. I will keeep you posted on their reply but i dont see why they would give me any hassle[/QUOTE]

Of course they don't have to give you the 20 dollar refund. It's being sold for 99.99 by J&R Music. Amazon is still selling it for 119.99. Different retailers.

Good luck though. Maybe you'll get lucky. If anyone would do something like this, it'd be amazon.

[quote name='Dalerax']Of course they don't have to give you the 20 dollar refund. It's being sold for 99.99 by J&R Music. Amazon is still selling it for 119.99. Different retailers.

Good luck though. Maybe you'll get lucky. If anyone would do something like this, it'd be amazon.[/QUOTE]

Good ole Amazon. :lol:

Arrived today in a big ole' Amazon box. DJ Hero is super fun, one of the better peripheral-based games out there. I wouldn't have a problem paying $110 for this even though, "LOL Activision".

Just a verification that the credit can be split on orders.

Game is super fun, it came yesterday.... got it for the wife... she has been glued, which is rare. I played a set and had a blast with it.

Anybody that got the GH5 guitar kit from this deal, and specifically the 360 version - did it come with a coupon for $5 off GH Smash Hits or another GH game?

Thx.

[quote name='icedrake523']Nope, no coupon.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Just unboxed mine with same result. Sucks. Maybe standalone game only, or some early release run.

People here have talked about getting the $5 coupon with their "Hero" games, and there's a Youtube video of someone pulling it out of the game case, so I'm not imagining its existence - just no love from Activision for kit buyers, it seems.

I actually didn't open my game. I didn't want it so I offered it on Goozex and left it sealed (extra protection and a nice surprise for them). So if it was in there, I wouldn't know.

bread's done
Back