Buy any Xbox 360 console, get a $50 gift card at Walmart - 12/26 to 1/1

The PS3 is selling so well that they -don't- need to offer a gift card.

Which is better? Selling the store out at $300 or Selling the store out at $300 with a free $50 Gift Card?

They'll take the first choice every single time. (Not to say I'm not dissapointed myself.)

[quote name='graf1k']Damn, if Amazon matches this I'm gonna feel stupid. I just bought a Modern Warfare system from them...[/QUOTE]

Taxes will eat into that $50 giftcard savings... So it might not be that great of a deal if it still in stock, but yeah the MW2 console is d@mn sexy!!!

Just bought two 360s a few weeks ago from Best Buy, since they are 'Christmas Gifts' I guess I'll threaten to return them if they don't price match wal-mart and give me two gift cards, in which they will. Owned!!!

Very nice, just in time for the likes of Mass Effect 2 and Splinter Cell Conviction.

Are we certain this is for the Arcade units as well? I do see the deal mentioned now for the 26th with the Elite online.

Crap, I just bought a new Arcade unit from Gamestop to replace my RRoD launch system last week! Can I buy one from Walmart and return that one to Gamestop, or do the serial numbers need to match up?

Man, my 360 is working fine /knock on wood so I've been passing on all these 360+GC deals. Where is my PS3+GC deal? :(

[quote name='Birbo']Crap, I just bought a new Arcade unit from Gamestop to replace my RRoD launch system last week! Can I buy one from Walmart and return that one to Gamestop, or do the serial numbers need to match up?[/QUOTE]

Anyone?

So, I just found out/realized that you can't just shove any old 2.5" hard disk in a 360, so now I'm wondering if an arcade is really good enough. I tend to play RPGs mostly. Will the lack of a hard disk be a problem for me? I'm not willing to spend the very ridiculous amount of money for 360 hard drives that I've seen thus far.

[quote name='Esoteria']So, I just found out/realized that you can't just shove any old 2.5" hard disk in a 360, so now I'm wondering if an arcade is really good enough. I tend to play RPGs mostly. Will the lack of a hard disk be a problem for me? I'm not willing to spend the very ridiculous amount of money for 360 hard drives that I've seen thus far.[/QUOTE]
I'd research each RPG you want to play individually to see how the load times are without an install. If they are tolerable for you, then you should be fine.

That is unless you go nuts on XBLA games, music, movies, etc...

[quote name='Esoteria']So, I just found out/realized that you can't just shove any old 2.5" hard disk in a 360, so now I'm wondering if an arcade is really good enough. I tend to play RPGs mostly. Will the lack of a hard disk be a problem for me? I'm not willing to spend the very ridiculous amount of money for 360 hard drives that I've seen thus far.[/QUOTE]

Hard drive loading is a very nice luxury. A used 20GB drive should only run you around $25. Yes, that is still incredibly overpriced per GB, but it's good enough for you to install a disc and have room for downloaded content. An alternate route is an unofficial drive, but someone else will have to chime in on that (I don't know if they ban people for using them).

Best Buy has "Buy an XBOX 360 Arcade and save up to $60 on any one XBOX 360 game or accessory (Games or accessories $60 or below are FREE)"

[quote name='packpick']Here is the press release from Wal-mart:

http://walmartstores.com/FactsNews/NewsRoom/9587.aspx

No love for the MW2 bundle once again it looks like.

Seems that the $50 gift card only applies to Arcade and Elite console.

EDIT: I could very well be wrong about the MW2 being excluded. It might just be a partial listing. There is still hope perhaps.[/QUOTE]

Arcades and Elites it is then, nice.

[quote name='kuroi_kenshi']Hard drive loading is a very nice luxury. A used 20GB drive should only run you around $25. Yes, that is still incredibly overpriced per GB, but it's good enough for you to install a disc and have room for downloaded content. An alternate route is an unofficial drive, but someone else will have to chime in on that (I don't know if they ban people for using them).[/QUOTE]

I have owned an unofficial hard drive now for approximately 3 weeks with no problems (so far). Since I only paid about 50 bucks for a 120gb, it was worth the risk for me, so far no one's been banned for unofficial hard drives. I had an original 20gb drive but unfortunately it's not enough space to install more than a game or two and have DLC.

Grawr...I have a launch 360 that still works fine (I got an Intercooler, keep it covered when not on, give it plenty of space when running, keep a cool room & install any game I play) but still bought a back up Arcade when they came with $100 gift cards. I'm happy for all those that want a 360 with some kind of gift card deal, but really...I'm ready for a PS3 + gift card deal already! :wall:

I would be very careful with these Wal-Mart 360s. I kind of suspected there had to be a reason why they were clearing them out so cheap. I got the $100 GC deal back on November 7th. My Xbox is now officially dead. I didn't even open the package until weeks after I got it so really, its less than a month old.

My 360 just red-ringed for the 2nd time and now it's out of its 3 year warranty. I've been debating about whether or not to buy a new Arcade system with a new warranty or buy a cheap used one and hope for the best.

My boss gave me a $60 WalMart gift card as a Christmas "bonus" today, so I think I know what I'm going to be doing this Saturday...besides shoveling snow.

And does anyone know if there is any problems with taking a hard drive from a broken console and putting it on a new one and not having your "rights" transfer over?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd get a 360 if it went for $100-$150. That's how much I would pay for it (but if it also goes in a bundle).

[quote name='driftmr2']I would be very careful with these Wal-Mart 360s. I kind of suspected there had to be a reason why they were clearing them out so cheap. I got the $100 GC deal back on November 7th. My Xbox is now officially dead. I didn't even open the package until weeks after I got it so really, its less than a month old.[/QUOTE]
:roll: This has zero to do with Walmart "clearning them out". They did this for the Wii as well. It's a promotion that Walmart has decided to run to entice people to spend even more money at Walmart. You're naive to think that somehow the console you bought at Walmart is anything different than one you'd buy anywhere else. Xbox 360's are notorious for having issues and you got a bad one. Repair it under warranty and move on.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: This has zero to do with Walmart "clearning them out". They did this for the Wii as well. It's a promotion that Walmart has decided to run to entice people to spend even more money at Walmart. You're naive to think that somehow the console you bought at Walmart is anything different than one you'd buy anywhere else. Xbox 360's are notorious for having issues and you got a bad one. Repair it under warranty and move on.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you 100%-the best example speaking to that is Amazon matched Walmart's deal. Also, you can always take it back given that it is within 1 month of your purchasing when it went bad-it'd be hard imagine Walmart wouldn't let you exchange for a new one

I wouldn't put it past Microsoft or Wal-Mart to do something like that. At any rate, I'll get it fixed and if it happens again, I'm getting rid of that last Microsoft product in my house.

[quote name='mtxbass1']:roll: This has zero to do with Walmart "clearning them out". They did this for the Wii as well. It's a promotion that Walmart has decided to run to entice people to spend even more money at Walmart. You're naive to think that somehow the console you bought at Walmart is anything different than one you'd buy anywhere else. Xbox 360's are notorious for having issues and you got a bad one. Repair it under warranty and move on.[/QUOTE]

Yup

[quote name='tgorham82']My 360 just red-ringed for the 2nd time and now it's out of its 3 year warranty. I've been debating about whether or not to buy a new Arcade system with a new warranty or buy a cheap used one and hope for the best.

My boss gave me a $60 WalMart gift card as a Christmas "bonus" today, so I think I know what I'm going to be doing this Saturday...besides shoveling snow.

And does anyone know if there is any problems with taking a hard drive from a broken console and putting it on a new one and not having your "rights" transfer over?[/QUOTE]

There is no issue with that. I do believe you need to go to Xbox.com and register your new console though.

does anyone believe this will go active at midnight? or no?, just trying to get a feel if its worth it for me to stay awake >_>

Forgot to mention, if you are ordering online, you will be getting a egiftcard which is valid online only.

Don't forget...

Order online through Bing Cash Back 5%.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back