Buy Bioshock 2, Get Bioshock Free at Amazon

Sway

CAGiversary!
Feedback
73 (100%)
[IMG-R=5838]13420[/IMG-R]Buy the 360 ($23.99), PS3 ($22.41) or PC ($14.96) version of Bioshock 2 and get Bioshock free.

iconamazon.gif
[URL="http://www.amazon.com/gp/redirect.html?ie=UTF8&location=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2Fgp%2Ffeature.html%3Fie%3DUTF8%26ref_%3Damb_link_354779502_5%26tag%3Dcheapassgam08-20%26docId%3D1000642681&tag=cheapassgam08-20&linkCode=ur2&camp=1789&creative=390957"]Buy Bioshock 2, get Bioshock free at Amazon
[/URL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up the 360 versions for my brother for Christmas. I played & finished both on the PS3, and while the 2nd one was great, the first one may well be my favorite game of all-time.

[quote name='silentevil']Do I just add them to my cart or what I'm not seeing the deal. It's showing Bioshock still being 15 bucks in my cart.[/QUOTE]

You have to go through check out to receive the discount.

[quote name='Brandon Heat']You have to go through check out to receive the discount.[/QUOTE]
Thanks picked it up. I was getting annoyed for a minute. I don't know why they just don't adjust it in the cart.

[quote name='VaultDweller']liar its still showing bioschock 1 for $15[/QUOTE]
you have to add Bioshock 1 and 2 in the cart then proceed to the checkout to get the discount

[quote name='VaultDweller']liar its still showing bioschock 1 for $15[/QUOTE]

You have to go thru to the final screen before you accept the order. Insert all your info and when you get to the review screen, it'll show the promotion.

I'm still debating on whether I should get this or not. It's a really good deal but I don't know will I even like the games. I've played the original Bioshock before for a couple of hours and thought it was ok. Maybe I wasn't in the best of moods that day but I thought it was just ok. I texted all me friends the deal and they're jumping on it head first.

Decisions.... Decisions...

[quote name='scottman']I just started playing bioshock 1 recently, but have to admit it's not living up to the hype yet for me. Only just got the incinerate ability. But it just seems like a lot of walking around shooting zombies in dark hallways. Maybe it will get better.[/QUOTE]

BioShock is the most overrated game I've ever played. I just recently played it, so maybe I've been spoiled by Uncharted, but I was close to quitting halfway through.

I played it through the end to see if it would get better, and it did, but overall I was not impressed.

VERY tempting. But, I'm more tempted by Nier. If the 2nd one didn't get such average reviews, I'd bite.

Thanks OP, though!

[quote name='blurrz']There isn't.[/QUOTE]

And I thought I've seen it stickered as GH at least once. But only removable stickers, I haven't seen a package. Maybe I'm imagining things. But there's also a first print embossed slip case for the PS3 version.

[quote name='blurrz']BioShock is the most overrated game I've ever played. I just recently played it, so maybe I've been spoiled by Uncharted, but I was close to quitting halfway through.

I played it through the end to see if it would get better, and it did, but overall I was not impressed.[/QUOTE]

Kinda had more fun with the second one, the dual wielding was a great addition to the gameplay. Its a good deal on amazon, but I think the Bioshock 360 version is the greatest hits.

I'd buy this in an instant if I knew the first game (for PS3) came with the slipsleeve and in non-Greatest Hits packaging. I had the first game with the slipsleeve and then I had water damage and it was totally destroyed. Now I can't find it with a mint slipsleeve anywhere! :bomb:

Kinda had more fun with the second one, the dual wielding was a great addition to the gameplay.
Agreed. Those who gave the second one average reviews are nuts. The story was much better all the way through as opposed to the first one which I think seriously bogged down after the big plot twist. The combat was improved, I LOVED defending the Big Sister attacks...just fantastic all around.

Would you guys recommend this to someone who isn't a big fan of the FPS genre (I like some ok) and probably won't play the games for a long time? It seems that other than sports games FPS age worse than other genres of games. For example lots of people still like to go back and play classic NES and SNES 2D platformers but how many people want to go back and play Quake 1?

I'm glad I waited to jump on the Bioshock train. Got them for 360. It's like getting them for a little under $12 each. Thank you OP.

[quote name='Antipodes']Thanks. I've been thinking about picking up Bioshock 2 for PC for some time. Amazon hiked the price from $10 to $15, but getting Bioshock 1 for $5 more is a better deal anyways. The only reason I haven't bit is that the DRM scares me. It still installs a bunch of DRM-related software right?

If I am going to use a DRM, I'd rather use Steam. Unfortunately, Bioshock 2 alone was something like $30 on steam last time I checked.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I have the collector's edition of Bioshock 1 and I can vouch that within the box, a large man of the ethnicity that you secretly fear but won't admit to, magically transports into your room and roughly treats you to a body cavity search, checks your computer for WAREZ and if Bit-Torrent is installed, or if you are using the Satan guided MP3's without providing Steve Job's his god given right to your money. Then, the game might work if you sacrifice enough babies to the demons that run the game while still devoting your life to Apple corporation.

Seriously though, the DRM was a complete pain in the ass. I took a look at my multi-thousand dollar PC setup, and then my 62 inch DLP with my Xbox 360. Man... if I wasn't such a huge fan of PC games... holy crap.

Get it on the Xbox, you won't regret it. At least Bioshock 2 supports games for windows live and has acheivements.

thanks op! I bought the xbox 360 versions, can't wait to play even though my backlog is pretty big because of the black friday deals.

They had this deal when BS2 first came out, for 55... I bought it, still haven't played either :( That was before I read CAG daily though lol I didn't know any better!

[quote name='tridon']I'd buy this in an instant if I knew the first game (for PS3) came with the slipsleeve and in non-Greatest Hits packaging. I had the first game with the slipsleeve and then I had water damage and it was totally destroyed. Now I can't find it with a mint slipsleeve anywhere! :bomb:[/QUOTE]

if your willing to pay for shipping i can send you mine. i had 2 copies of bioshock and traded them into gamestop but kept the sleeves. its mint condition btw

Ever since Black Friday, I have bought way too many games that I may never play. I guess I'm a sucker for deals. I am more the type to play "No Completion" type of games (Sports, FPS, etc.). However, if a game has any sort of hype, I normally buy it one release. I tried something different this year and waited until sales (aka Black Friday and Cyber Monday, which has become Month not because of Gamefly and Amazon). I have a backlog that I wanted to complete and never got to. So I decided to play and beat the "Completion" type of games. So I beat MGS4, Front Mission: Evolved, Heavy Rain, and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune pretty much in a span of 1 1/2 weeks. Didn't feel right so I overspent on deals (I only wanted 1 or 2 games and ended up getting 13 and counting; irony is the deal I was really looking for was Halo: Reach and didn't even try to pick it up during the Black Friday Sale. Fail.).

[quote name='friedram']Yes, I have the collector's edition of Bioshock 1 and I can vouch that within the box, a large man of the ethnicity that you secretly fear but won't admit to, magically transports into your room and roughly treats you to a body cavity search, checks your computer for WAREZ and if Bit-Torrent is installed, or if you are using the Satan guided MP3's without providing Steve Job's his god given right to your money. Then, the game might work if you sacrifice enough babies to the demons that run the game while still devoting your life to Apple corporation.

Seriously though, the DRM was a complete pain in the ass. I took a look at my multi-thousand dollar PC setup, and then my 62 inch DLP with my Xbox 360. Man... if I wasn't such a huge fan of PC games... holy crap.

Get it on the Xbox, you won't regret it. At least Bioshock 2 supports games for windows live and has acheivements.[/QUOTE]

Sad thing is people who pirate don't have to deal with the DRM.

I have all three consoles and will play FPS games on there if I must (Halo, Uncharted, etc). But, given the option, I'll always choose PC over console. Mouse+keyboard is just so superior to analog sticks that it saps a lot of the fun away when I know I could be more effective.

Seriously, don't sweat the DRM. Securom was around long before Bioshock, and a huge number of people have been running it on their systems with no problems whatsoever. It just got a lot of bad press when Bioshock came out because it was a super-hyped game that kiddies bought and tried to install on all their friends computers right away.

I did a quick search and came up with this list of games that use the same DRM: http://reclaimyourgame.com/content.php?510-SecuROM-v7-Games&
We're talking Far Cry 2, Borderlands, Splinter Cell, Mass Effect, Spore, Supreme Commander, Oblivion GOTY, GTA IV, Sims 3, Dead Space, C&C: Red Alert 3, Bad Company 2, Fallout 3, and the list goes on and on. Some are limited activations, some are just disc checks or authentications. All are Securom.

Securom isn't Starforce. It doesn't kill systems. If you disagree with DRM on some ethical grounds, that's cool. But this one isn't the bogeyman people make it out to be.

[quote name='Vice']And I thought I've seen it stickered as GH at least once. But only removable stickers, I haven't seen a package. Maybe I'm imagining things. But there's also a first print embossed slip case for the PS3 version.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the PS3 version from Walmart.com earlier this year and got the greatest hits version complete with red case. I returned it.

I'm very tempted to jump on this deal. Want to play BioShock 2 and really loved the first game.

amazon, why must you tempt me so?

i already have the first one, but i never opened it. i'll get this and see which one is nicer and sell the other one.

Wow, anybody else think this is a direct hit at BBV's bogo sale since it's well known they have so many Bioshock 2's?

You bastards (amazon) stop tempting me with these deals! I've been building a whole back catalog because of you. I thought it would have stopped at BF! :/

Bought too many games during the Black Friday sale and have a long back log ... but this such a good deal to resist.

Someone want to tell me why I still have an unopened Bioshock 2, which I bought from BB with that Rewards Zone coupon awhile back, to go along with the Bioshock I bought from Amazon? Argh. I need to learn control!

Awww damn I missed out. I've been wanting these games for a while and I was actually going to use the GS B2G1 sale to get them. Sigh oh well. When did the deal go dead?

Almost as good as the "Buy Bioshock, get The Darkness free" deal from a few years back.

Yes, The Darkness is an amazing game that you should be playing right now.

Easily two of the best games you will ever play. Take a dive into Rapture and let your eyes fall in love.

bread's done
Back