Buy Call Of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Get $10 VG Promotial Credit @ Amazon...It dropped

LinkinPrime

CAGiversary!
Feedback
170 (100%)
EDIT: Now $10 VG GC for purchase of Standard Edition for :360:, :ps3:, and :pc:.

---------------

Good on Standard and Hardened editions for :360:, :ps3:, and :pc:
link

I e-mailed Amazon CS to find out if this is a different promo, and whether those of us who pre-ordered can still get in on this, and looks like we can:
Please note that this $20.00 off of a future video game purchase promotion is a different from the pre-order promotion. You can place an order for the "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" and take advantage of this promotion.

However, this promotion is limited to one per household.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for this...I missed out on the first time even though I knew about it and recommended it to a few friends!

yea i think too many people assumed it was over after the pre-order business. i checked that MW2 deals thread and cheapyD didn't put it on the expired list so i told my buddy and my buddy got it posted to slickdeals.

[quote name='triforcer']yea i think too many people assumed it was over after the pre-order business. i checked that MW2 deals thread and cheapyD didn't put it on the expired list so i told my buddy and my buddy got it posted to slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

it was over, this is a new promotion.

Sweet, glad to hear it's back. Had it not returned I probably would have just waited for a price drop.

[quote name='edson13']it was over, this is a new promotion.[/QUOTE]
o, well then it worked even better because i assumed it was just an extension of the old promotion.

Ebay's mystery deal was this game for $39.99 shipped, so it isn't out of the question. I wish I'd found out about the mystery deal before it was too late.

Do I use my 40 dollar code on a second account to order another copy(one on mine was for a friend) to get and use the 20$ later on like a wm+ or controller, or not even bother.... The game was fun, but never ever played CoD, and was getting totally owned online. Getting 2shot from a pistol kinda...sucks. I'm only ok on halo and the play style is completely different.

My friend got the code when he preordered the game. We were wondering: Is the code tied to your name/account? If not, could he theoretically give me the code so that I could use it to apply to a game on my account? Or is that not possible?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']so if I preordered and got the 20 dollar credit from last time, will that relate to this one since it says one per household?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering the same thing. I would think we should be able to get both since the original deal was stopped so this should be considered a completely separate deal.

OK.. now how does this live up the previous call of duty titles? some of the maps were too big in WAW imo. I never played the 1st MW

Received my code today, I use it and also used a $25 gift card I had to pre-order Assassin's Creed 2.. $10.99 with free release day shipping (Prime Member).

[quote name='CaoPi']OK.. now how does this live up the previous call of duty titles? some of the maps were too big in WAW imo. I never played the 1st MW[/QUOTE]
As great, if not better... the online multiplayer is insane, just very, very chaotic.

BoysDon'tCry;6498511 said:
My friend got the code when he preordered the game. We were wondering: Is the code tied to your name/account? If not, could he theoretically give me the code so that I could use it to apply to a game on my account? Or is that not possible?

Anyone?

I believe it's tied to your account. I got one for pre-ordering it, and it automatically shows up in my cart when I try to buy something else. There is no # or code to apply, and no way to see anything else about it. It just applies a 20 dollar discount to a video game purchase.

Sweet! I missed the first deal.

I had $5 credit on amazon because they botched a next day shipping order for me so I got it for $54.99 - the $20 gift card. I'll end up effectively paying $34.99 for it.
:bouncy:

[quote name='davidpiano1']I just ordered it yesterday - I sent them an email, do you think they will honor it for me?[/QUOTE]

Let us know how you make out with that. I must have ordered the game just a few hours before this promotion popped up. I might call or send them an email as well.

[quote name='triforcer'] so i told my buddy and my buddy got it posted to slickdeals.[/QUOTE]

you should be so proud to be sharing deals with the SD hoarding/reselling crowd.

Awesome news:

Hello,

I've read your correspondence and can completely understand your concern.

Please note that this $20.00 off of a future video game purchase promotion is a different from the pre-order promotion. You can place an order for the "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" and take advantage of this promotion.

However, this promotion is limited to one per household.

In for number 2!

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Awesome news:

In for number 2![/QUOTE]

Thanks for that post...I plan on picking it up for the pc now that I know these are seperate deals as soon as I get my credit from the first mw2 preorder

[quote name='daminion']you should be so proud to be sharing deals with the SD hoarding/reselling crowd.[/QUOTE]
like there isn't a bunch of CAG/SDer's here. o well i guess they'll be buying up hundreds of copies and sending it to the multiple houses they own because it's one per household.

still didn't receive my preorder despite the tracking showing that it shipped from DE (relatively close to where I am). might bite for one on another console.

I used Amazon Prime and picked 2 day shipping. I put in the order around 5-6pm yesterday and I GOT THE GAME TODAY. Holy crap.

Jumped on this deal for hardened edition, used my 20 dollar credit promotion from pre order and had a eca promo still in my account turned out to be 52.00 dollars whoo. Pretty sure I can selling my old one for around that much on ebay.

[quote name='triforcer']like there isn't a bunch of CAG/SDer's here. o well i guess they'll be buying up hundreds of copies and sending it to the multiple houses they own because it's one per household.[/QUOTE]

CAG is a smaller community than SD, FW. Sharing with them limits the number of CAGs that can get in on a deal before it sells out, or hits its sales threshold. On SD folks share deals, not because there's a sense of community, but because they want "rep" points.

[quote name='Nimrod4431']looks like its only $10 now[/QUOTE]
Case in Point.

Well they shipped my copy a few hours ago, and they DID apply a second promotional credit, at 20 bucks, but yeah I see now it's 10 :whistle2:#

Just happy the credits were seperate.

I ordered last night when it was still 20. Hope I get it :)

Was I supposed to get any confirmation of the $20 credit? Or will I just get it automatically after the game ships?

[quote name='asdad']I ordered last night when it was still 20. Hope I get it :)

Was I supposed to get any confirmation of the $20 credit? Or will I just get it automatically after the game ships?[/QUOTE]

If you would take a second to read the fine print you get the credit 1-2 days after the product has shipped.

[quote name='madcyantist']If you would take a second to read the fine print you get the credit 1-2 days after the product has shipped.[/QUOTE]
Yeah im just hoping they dont screw me and give me $10 instead of $20. It was still $20 last night when I ordered it.

bread's done
Back