Buy.com Is an awful store

tightclaws

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
This is the last time I order anything from that crap site I swear. I pre ordered All pro FB 08 from them On july 4th, they never shipped it when the release date came and went yet they are still taking in stock orders off the site, no one can tell me anything about what haoppened or if its ever shipping. They don't let you cancel pre ordered games. I tried to cancel after it did not ship two days after release. Now my order is limbo. just not shipped but can't cancel I hate BUY. com.

I LOVE buy.com.... Many great deals to be had there, like the $16.99 Bluetooth Headset I got yesterday and cheap cables, cds, etc... It also helps that I have a buy.com credit card and get free gift cards to spend there too :)

When they make a mistake, they suck about fixing it. Just go look at the Alien Syndrome thread.
People preordred AS(still not out yet) and everyone received Crush for PSP. I returned Crush only to get another copy of it later.
There was another big issue about Saints Row guide vs. game that was a big snafu too.

[quote name='Pookymeister']When they make a mistake, they suck about fixing it. Just go look at the Alien Syndrome thread.
People preordred AS(still not out yet) and everyone received Crush for PSP. I returned Crush only to get another copy of it later.
There was another big issue about Saints Row guide vs. game that was a big snafu too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's my feelings about it. They have good deals from time to time and are usually reliable. But every once in a while they'll screw up badly and that's when things start getting problematic.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I have had many problems with them and won't order from them except when using GCO for the $10 off.[/QUOTE]

You mean the coupon for first time google checkout customers? Fraudster.

LOL People were making 10,20 and even 30 accounts just to get the $10 off, which is sometimes negated by the horrible shipping rates some of these online sites use.

Then again, I've only every bought one thing from Buy.com, a copy of the Kid Rhino release of the Transformers movie back before the VHS version was common to find in stores. This was back in the mid to late 90's easily.

Fact: Buy.com has horrible customer service. Their e-mail service is almost entirely automated, and if you try to e-mail with an explanation of what went wrong, the e-mail people don't seem to understand, and they just send another automated e-mail. They don't list a number on their website, ANYWHERE. To find a customer service number, you have to Google it, and even then, you get somebody in India who's about as useful as the e-mail robots. Even if problems are rare, when there are problems, they're nearly impossible to fix.

I've tried buying stuff from them on 4 occasions. 2 of the items ever shipped, and 2 of them never got resolved. I personally stay away from buy.com unless the deal is absolutely too good to resist.....which has never come up surprisingly. I'm not a big fan of buying games online because I hate waiting.

Buy.com seems to be a all or nothing type of website. Either you recieve great service, or your service is just horrible. I for one, have had nothing but great service with them. The past 3 purchases i made, the items came 3 days after i ordered them, and this was with the standard free shipping.

bread's done
Back