Buy.com Mass Effect 3 59.99 W/20 Dollar Credit (All Versions)

thingsfallnapart

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
http://www.buy.com/ct/Rakutensuperpoint/default.aspx

Until Friday March 2nd at midnight, Order Mass Effect 3 at buy.com on PC, Xbox 360, or Ps3 and receive 2000 Rakuten Points. Rakuten points are buy.coms version of store credit. every 100 points is 1 dollar, so 2000 bonus points is 20 dollars. They take two weeks to post after shipping and are good for 6 months.

New release games with budget shipping have all arrived 2 days after launch on a thursday.

The advantage to buy.com is they charge tax in only the following states :
California
Illinois
Maryland
Massachusetts
Tennessee
New York

Even though I live in Maryland, for some reason I wasn't charged tax so this is a great deal for me. Not to mention my $10 in Rakuten points was about to expire soon.

[quote name='matrix9280']What the heck is a Rakuten?[/QUOTE]

A new mystery pokemon....gotta catch them all

[quote name='Shaimun']Thanks OP. It is a great deal for me since I had 4000 rakuten points to use and now I'm getting another 2000.[/QUOTE]

Just a thought, I would consider only using 2000 at a time since march is so heavy on game releases. this way the two week post time doesn't stop you from possibly getting another deal if one pops up for a new release.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Just a thought, I would consider only using 2000 at a time since march is so heavy on game releases. this way the two week post time doesn't stop you from possibly getting another deal if one pops up for a new release.[/QUOTE]

So you're saying instead of saving $40 now he should save $20 now and then save $20 later? I think it's probably a better idea to use the full credit now and have that additional $20 in his pocket immediately.

I save them up and use them later on and get a game for free, which is one thing I like about Buy.com over Amazon, that and you can use them for anything on the site. As stated though, they only last for six months so you can't build them up too much.

[quote name='nwaugh']So you're saying instead of saving $40 now he should save $20 now and then save $20 later? I think it's probably a better idea to use the full credit now and have that additional $20 in his pocket immediately.[/QUOTE]

Once you use the points out, your essentially pointless until two weeks after the game ships since theres a two week hold on points. If a good deal comes up during that span, your can do a point train (theory borrow from the Kmart Gamer Thread.)

[quote name='MRJ88']I pre ordered the CE early last month, do you think they will give me this deal?[/QUOTE]
Did you email them?

On the phone with them. It's a damn headache and a half the CSR barely speaks english!! But to answer my own question and for anyone else wondering the same thing they told me that it should get credited to your account regardless of when you made the pre order. If it doesn't just contact them and they'll adjust it.

Sweet, looks like il be ordering mass effect at buy.
yes.jpg

Cheers

I used buy.com for Catherine with a 20 dollar credit. Great deal should help the cost for the day on DLC.....

[quote name='Maineavalanche']I save them up and use them later on and get a game for free, which is one thing I like about Buy.com over Amazon, that and you can use them for anything on the site. As stated though, they only last for six months so you can't build them up too much.[/QUOTE]

I don't think you have much of a choice but to save them up since you have to wait so long for them to mature. You mentioned to weeks but I thought it used to be a month.

Kind of silly; nowhere else other then BB (and that's only with RZ points) makes you wait before using them.

Walmart eGift Cards, Amazon Credit, etc. can be used as soon as you receive it which is almost instantly.

I just don't like the idea of having to wait and then forget about it....

Still a really good deal. Are you limited to one per account? Or could you order multiple copies and get multiple credits?

[quote name='MRJ88']On the phone with them. It's a damn headache and a half the CSR barely speaks english!! But to answer my own question and for anyone else wondering the same thing they told me that it should get credited to your account regardless of when you made the pre order. If it doesn't just contact them and they'll adjust it.[/QUOTE]

They still have the PS3 and PC Collector's Editions for pre-order, and it doesn't show the bonus points for either of them. So, as usual, it looks like this doesn't apply to CEs.

[quote name='winterlane']They still have the PS3 and PC Collector's Editions for pre-order, and it doesn't show the bonus points for either of them. So, as usual, it looks like this doesn't apply to CEs.[/QUOTE]

They're going to apply it to mine. Just give them a call.

[quote name='matpaq']Will Amazon Match?[/QUOTE]

Good question. If they don't do a price-match soon, I'll have to switch my pre-order over. :hot:

I think I'll stick with my Best Buy preorder. I get $20 from them as well. I have to pay tax, but I'll get it release day. Now if Amazon ups the credit to $20, I'll go back to them since I'd get release day shipping.

"All Versions" made me think it included the CE, which it apparently does not.....

Good deal otherwise, but I want the CE so it doesn't help me. Thanks anyway OP.

[quote name='pdjones']"All Versions" made me think it included the CE, which it apparently does not.....

Good deal otherwise, but I want the CE so it doesn't help me. Thanks anyway OP.[/QUOTE]

I forget in this day and age you have to say all standard versions heh. Just go with kmart, you get the 20 dollar coupon there when you preorder the collectors like you want.

Called and they said it is with certain SKUs and the CE are not able to get the 2000 points.
However he can put in a request and it will take 1 day and no guarantees. :(
English was not the rep's first language so it was slightly frustrating.

Hopefully it will go through since I want the DLC...

bread's done
Back