Buy.com offering LA Noire for $45.00 -- Lets get Amazon to match!

Reported to amazon, maybe enough will do the same to get some action going on this. I also don't see anything about a gift card for buy.com either. Didn't even know they offer those.

I suppose I should have checked it myself prior to posting it on here, but my coworker said that when you checkout the price drops from the 59.99 to the 45 and then you're issued a gift card code.

Will check at lunch, but in the meantime, keep sending the 45 price match to Amazon

Near $6 shipping hurts the deal a lot. I went all the way to the check out page and didn't see anything about a gift card. I didn't feel like checking out and then canceling just to find out if a gift card code is sent.

Like others I rarely shop at buy.com so it'd also be more of a headache to buy from them.

[quote name='Thebostonrag']How do you report this to Amazon? I want to SWAY them. Is there a page I'm just missing on their site?[/QUOTE]

At the bottom of the page you'll see a blue outlined box with the title of Feedback

Inside of there is a link for "tell us of a lower price"

Click on that and fill out the shiz and you're in business

What is the 15 dollar GC? The 15 dollars off for the game for it to be 44.99? It doesn't say anything about a gift card anywhere. I would love to get this at GS because of the DLC stuff but I'm torn apart to save 15 dollars but if I get another 15 dollars, I def. go for it. Unless the whole GC is confirmed then I'll go for it.

[quote name='omyard']Near $6 shipping hurts the deal a lot. I went all the way to the check out page and didn't see anything about a gift card. I didn't feel like checking out and then canceling just to find out if a gift card code is sent.

Like others I rarely shop at buy.com so it'd also be more of a headache to buy from them.[/QUOTE]

Budget shipping is free.

Yeah, the only thing I'd say is if Amazon matches this, I have a Prime membership, so I get it on release day for free. Otherwise I have to wait a week. Not a huge deal but still. WE CAN DREAM

I've tried matching prices with buy.com before and Amazon told me they don't match them. You can still send the notice but don't be disappointed when they don't.

Buy.com does sell their products on Amazon and they even let you sign in your amazon account on their site to purchase stuff there. Good luck though because I don't see Amazon matching this at all. I'm sure after the game releases and the promotion dies out, they'll probably drop the game to 49.99 or less like they did with Red Dead last year.

[quote name='smokedphish']sooo can anyone confirm that you actually get a gift card?[/QUOTE]
I'd also love for someone to confirm that this gift card offer actually exists... I am in for $30 but not for $45.

It appears the GC is no longer active, must have been some goofy layover when they switched it from full price to 45, brief window where you got both

I don't know how to edit thread titles or I'd yank that out of there

Deal is dead (if it ever existed at all).

Please don't post random shit without at least verifying it first. This is just as bad as all those "xx off y game at amazon" posts that turn out to be idiots with promo credit.

Deal graveyard time!

Did my part. Hoping for the best.

I'm probably going to cancel my Amazon order - if they don't match - considering the Portal 2 massive price drop a week after release.

[quote name='H3xum']I don't know how to edit thread titles or I'd yank that out of there[/QUOTE]

Edit the first post and click the advanced button. It took me awhile to figure that out the first time.

this looks like a heavy rain type game, with minimal replay. I suspect it will be dropped below $40 almost as fast as portal 2. save your money for now.

[quote name='the_ENEMY_']this looks like a heavy rain type game, with minimal replay. I suspect it will be dropped below $40 almost as fast as portal 2. save your money for now.[/QUOTE]

Were it not a Rockstar game, I would agree with you. Might see a quick few days at $49.99 but I wouldn't hold your breath for 39.99 until the holidays

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just going to stay away from this game until I hear/see better things about it. I'm not very convinced at this point.

I hope go hasting keeps word to the their $29.99 price for LA Noire when they made that error last year like they said they would. But submitted

[quote name='intuition']I hope go hasting keeps word to the their $29.99 price for LA Noire when they made that error last year like they said they would. But submitted[/QUOTE]There is another thread on it, actually. A lot of reports that those got canceled.

submitted, even though i already ordered. hoping it drops, even if just for a few days to get on the lowest price guaranteed.

[quote name='intuition']I hope go hasting keeps word to the their $29.99 price for LA Noire when they made that error last year like they said they would. But submitted[/QUOTE]

i asked that question in another thread a few weeks ago and the gohastings rep pm'd me about it.

"La Noire will ship to those who pre-ordered it at the price at the time of order.

The system will verify your credit card again before processing it for shipment."

Usually it's just every other post in a deal thread from a store other than Amazon, but now it makes it into the title? I hope this doesn't start a new trend in the deal forum.

bread's done
Back