Buy.com offering LA Noire for $45.00 -- Lets get Amazon to match!

i told amazon.com but considering its 15 dollars cheaper, i'm gonna buy it on buy.com. that way, if la noire ends up with bad reviews. i can exchange it at walmart end up almost 20 bucks richer.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']If Amazon would just drop the price by $5 that would be cool too. I did my duty.[/QUOTE]
Doubt the price will drop. If anything the game credit will just increase to $15.

[quote name='endgamer77']i told amazon.com but considering its 15 dollars cheaper, i'm gonna buy it on buy.com. that way, if la noire ends up with bad reviews. i can exchange it at walmart end up almost 20 bucks richer.[/QUOTE]

how are you able to trade it back to walmart. I tried once and they said all video games/hardware returns require receipt. Well I only tried one store but I assumed most of them are like that.

[quote name='endgamer77']i told amazon.com but considering its 15 dollars cheaper, i'm gonna buy it on buy.com. that way, if la noire ends up with bad reviews. i can exchange it at walmart end up almost 20 bucks richer.[/QUOTE]

and commit fraud

[quote name='dino88']Usually it's just every other post in a deal thread from a store other than Amazon, but now it makes it into the title? I hope this doesn't start a new trend in the deal forum.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Actually that won't work because Walmart is getting a "walmart exclusive" and all their copies will look different just like the Michael Jackson game.

[quote name='JCDogg911']Actually that won't work because Walmart is getting a "walmart exclusive" and all their copies will look different just like the Michael Jackson game.[/QUOTE]
Don't worry he'll commit return fraud somewhere else then.

I submitted a PM to Amazon too though hopefully gohastings delivers on their holiday promise.

I wonder how many people have to report a price difference before they take it seriously. There are 60 posts in here so lets say 50 people actually contacted them, that's $3000 they could potentially be missing out on opposed to the $750 they would lose if they dropped the price by 15.

I'm certain there is some magical weighing system though that probably doesn't kick in til the tens of thousands.

I reported the lower price to Amazon. Not sure whether I will actually preorder the game but I wanted to help you guys out.... though I did see a trailer and it looks pretty sweet.

[quote name='H3xum']I wonder how many people have to report a price difference before they take it seriously. There are 60 posts in here so lets say 50 people actually contacted them, that's $3000 they could potentially be missing out on opposed to the $750 they would lose if they dropped the price by 15.

I'm certain there is some magical weighing system though that probably doesn't kick in til the tens of thousands.[/QUOTE]

It would be interesting to know...but let's hope that it isn't tens of thousands!!!

[quote name='H3xum']I wonder how many people have to report a price difference before they take it seriously. There are 60 posts in here so lets say 50 people actually contacted them, that's $3000 they could potentially be missing out on opposed to the $750 they would lose if they dropped the price by 15.

I'm certain there is some magical weighing system though that probably doesn't kick in til the tens of thousands.[/QUOTE]

Also, how many of those people currently have it pre-ordered from Amazon? I bet cancelled pre-orders would be more significant to them than price reports.

You have to remember too, that if they drop the price, they have to give the game out for this price to everyone who pre-ordered because of they price guarantee.

Indecision has me torn between the GS DLC or a cheaper price so like always... I'll probably wait until it drops to half-MSRP like I ended up doing with RDR. My backlog would take me 2 years straight of gaming at this point before I'd even get to a new semi-sandbox jaunt.

At any rate, I contacted Amazon about the price. It probably should be noted in the original post that it's technically 49.99 for all those that want to report it and look 100% legitimate, but c'est la vie.

Reported to Amazon if they match i'd LOVE to get it there as I have $36 credit. Otherwise i'll go the Kmart route I guess if I get it at launch which i'm not sure of yet it or Brink day one... Haven't kept up with either...

i live in queens new york, and the la noire ads billboards and posters are starting to surface around the city and on public transportation.

i have to say, the advertisement for this game looks really nice

This does get notice. If they don't price match before release then they will likely run a one-day sale within a couple weeks of release.

This is what I call "dumbass logic." Losing $750 is more of a factor than $3000 of revenue since their profit is not the whole game.

Lest we forget they already have a $10 credit too, so there desire to price match is probably quite low.

[quote name='Japakneez']This does get notice. If they don't price match before release then they will likely run a one-day sale within a couple weeks of release.[/QUOTE]

Which I will probably be waiting on considering what they did with Portal 2.

[quote name='Glomerate']Which I will probably be waiting on considering what they did with Portal 2.[/QUOTE]
The Portal 2 sale only matched the preorder deal though... So if you expect the same thing to happen with L.A. Noire, you may as well preorder instead of waiting.

The only way this happens is if people cancel their pre-order and when Amazon asks why (as the site automatically does) they indicate they found it cheaper elsewhere.

I don't think this is going to happen because like someone pointed out with their price match guarantee it will lower EVERY order, but maybe they'll up the credit to $20 which I find curious it's not already for a AAA title release. Anyway, submitted for the hell of it.

Hoping for an Amazon price match, but thinking it's more likely they'll up the credit to $20. If they do, fingers crossed they stack with the existing $10 credit for those of us who already pre-ordered (like they did with the $5 and $20 credits on Portal 2).

I also reported the price to amazon, however, I tried checking out at buy.com about 15 mins ago and LA Noire was still full price ($59.99) at final checkout...? Has anyone else tried this recently and had the same thing happen?

Does Amazon usually match K-mart deals? I hope so because K-mart will be selling the game on release week w/ a $20 coupon.

[quote name='62t']btw LA Noire will be on 3 disc for xbox 360

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996[/QUOTE]

I know it doesn't always lead to a direct correlation with game length, but this should shut up the "game is on sale = game is too short" discussion.

I got an e-mail from Amazon i guess telling me there not going to match.

O and it's still $44.99 at Buy.com incase anyone have a question about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just FYI to anyone who may have tried to preorder earlier but got the $59.99 price -- Buy.com now has L.A. Noire listed back at the $44.99 price point. ;)

I think I'll just stick with Best Buy. I can get them to match the $15 gift card TRU is giving out and it will end up being $3 more than buy.com's offer, which considering it will take 3-4 days for delivery is worth paying $3 more.

[quote name='EclipticDeimos']Irrelevant information is irrelevant. :roll:[/QUOTE]

It's relevant to collector's as most likely it's going to be one of those 360 cases like Star Ocean, Blue Dragon, and Lost Odyssey (even though that game was 4) where the spindle has 3 discs on top of one another and that can lead to poorer quality or missing disks on the 2nd hand market.

[quote name='62t']btw LA Noire will be on 3 disc for xbox 360

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996[/QUOTE]

Damn, thanks. I have this preordered for the 360 since Rockstars' games generally tend to perform better on that console. Might change it to PS3 version unless installing it to the HD circumvents the disk swap.

[quote name='Antipodes']Damn, thanks. I have this preordered for the 360 since Rockstars' games generally tend to perform better on that console. Might change it to PS3 version unless installing it to the HD circumvents the disk swap.[/QUOTE]
its not developed by rockstar. it is developed by Team Bondi in which the PS3 is the lead platform. I usually buy rockstar games for 360 too but im likely gonna go with the PS3 on this one.

[quote name='H3xum']That new mocap they're introducing must be crazy because I don't suspect this to be a 20+ hour game.[/QUOTE]

I think it'll be at least 20+ hrs or Rockstar wouldn't have published it...

I'm sure it will be like most open-world games. If you make an effort to just fly through main plot, it could be quite short. But there will be plenty to do around the city, thus making it a long game.

bread's done
Back