Buy.com offering LA Noire for $45.00 -- Lets get Amazon to match!

[quote name='Antipodes']Damn, thanks. I have this preordered for the 360 since Rockstars' games generally tend to perform better on that console. Might change it to PS3 version unless installing it to the HD circumvents the disk swap.[/QUOTE]

well since it's on one blu ray and not 3 dvds you don't have to worry about disc swapping, nor will you ever with PS3 games.

LOL :lol: This thread makes me laugh.

It's one thing to shamelessly put "Lets get Amazon to match!" and have people behind it. It's like a peaceful demonstration, it's your right and I'm totally with ya.

But you sound like entitled toddlers when you complain about Amazon NOT matching when they, well, don't have to...

Saying you are upset because it's dumb for Amazon to lose all these business is a weak justification of your childishness... No offense, but Amazon is the best in what they do, online retail. Are you the best at what you do, whatever it is you do? I think Amazon is doing ok without having you on their Board of Directors.

I'm planning on picking it up @ Kmart with a twenty dollar coupon I'll have from Brink with a twenty dollar coupon I have from another game. - All from K-Mart.

[quote name='oldboy26']well since it's on one blu ray and not 3 dvds you don't have to worry about disc swapping, nor will you ever with PS3 games.[/QUOTE]

Because disc swapping is suuuchhh a hassel, I remember playing metal gear solid on ps1 and was so drained from switching the disc :drool:

[quote name='oldboy26']well since it's on one blu ray and not 3 dvds you don't have to worry about disc swapping, nor will you ever with PS3 games.[/QUOTE]
mgs4 had a install after every chapter....would of been easier just to switch discs.

[quote name='ChrisHookz']Because disc swapping is suuuchhh a hassel, I remember playing metal gear solid on ps1 and was so drained from switching the disc :drool:[/QUOTE]

metal gear is fine, because it's 1/2 of story then the other 1/2 of the story.

With this game, and Star Ocean 4, it's annoying because it's by area you go. Star Ocean 4 disc swapping was so annoying that I sold it.

[quote name='djricekcn']metal gear is fine, because it's 1/2 of story then the other 1/2 of the story.

With this game, and Star Ocean 4, it's annoying because it's by area you go. Star Ocean 4 disc swapping was so annoying that I sold it.[/QUOTE]

are you sure it's by location? my guess would be that general location would be the open on all 3 discs, but as the story progresses, different case sections would be on each of teh discs, so 1/3 into all the missions, switch, 2/3 switch again, but free roam and the city would be available the entire time. That's how me2 did it, and it wasn't a hassle at all.

[quote name='djricekcn']metal gear is fine, because it's 1/2 of story then the other 1/2 of the story.

With this game, and Star Ocean 4, it's annoying because it's by area you go. Star Ocean 4 disc swapping was so annoying that I sold it.[/QUOTE]

Bull shit.

http://kotaku.com/#!5798996/rocksta...they-could-barely-fit-it-on-one-disc-or-three

"Since the game is built around the concept of progressing through individual cases from desk to desk, players on Xbox will find disc-swapping is hassle-free. In fact, players will only need to swap discs twice at natural breaks between cases without interrupting the flow of the game."

I got the wrong info then, sorry. But not all disc swapping are convenient and Metal Gear Solid wasn't a great example for convenience / inconvenience

They had the exact same price with RDR and GTA4... They have some sort of deal with Rockstar it seems.

I don't care either, personal information is already stolen when you're born. Or should I say it's already made public, they didn't even need to hack Sony to get that information. As for credit cards, you're safe in present day especially the way Visa and MasterCard regulations run.

Initially incorrect deal, unsuccessful attempt to get Amazon to price match, and now console fanboy arguments about disc swapping and the PSN outage. This thread is a real winner! :lol: :applause:

Wow, this thread went down hill pretty quick. Not only this thread failed in many ways (mind you, the BS about the 15 dollar gift card), we have a whole bunch of crap put together in one.

I did care about PSN outage because my friend recently got a PS3 and we were going to get into playing fighting games together and etc. At the same time I got MK, the outage happened so that pissed me off even more. Now I'm getting rid of MK and I'm not going to bother to get multi games anymore on the PS3. Their Internet service always sucked and PS Plus doesn't appeal to me so my money goes to X-Live. I'll just stick to my blu ray movies, single player games, and exclusives to my PS3 and not waste my time again. End of April and the beginning of this month has been very disappointing. Plus, if you compare the fighting games on the PS3 and 360, the 360 moves way faster and more fluid than PS3. PS3 is slow as hell when it comes to fighting games.

[quote name='segasaturnsnk']Wow, this thread went down hill pretty quick. Not only this thread failed in many ways (mind you, the BS about the 15 dollar gift card), we have a whole bunch of crap put together in one.

I did care about PSN outage because my friend recently got a PS3 and we were going to get into playing fighting games together and etc. At the same time I got MK, the outage happened so that pissed me off even more. Now I'm getting rid of MK and I'm not going to bother to get multi games anymore on the PS3. Their Internet service always sucked and PS Plus doesn't appeal to me so my money goes to X-Live. I'll just stick to my blu ray movies, single player games, and exclusives to my PS3 and not waste my time again. End of April and the beginning of this month has been very disappointing. Plus, if you compare the fighting games on the PS3 and 360, the 360 moves way faster and more fluid than PS3. PS3 is slow as hell when it comes to fighting games.[/QUOTE]

This is how I feel too. Owning a 360 and PS3 I was on the fence about which system to get Portal 2 and MK on. Now I was really leaning towards the PS3 with its steam integration for Portal 2, and even PS3 for MK cause of Kratos, but this whole PSN fiasco has really killed any momentum the PS3 had been building. Like this guy said, looks like I stick to using it for Blu Rays and maybe I'll eventually finish Uncharted 2

[quote name='MrshllJcb'] Like this guy said, looks like I stick to using it for Blu Rays and maybe I'll eventually finish Uncharted 2[/QUOTE]

The psn being down is no excuse not to finish uncharted 2--Great game-cant wait for 3.

[quote name='youenvy']The psn being down is no excuse not to finish uncharted 2--Great game-cant wait for 3.[/QUOTE]

i agree...no excuse for not finished uc2.
i sent the notice to amazon about price matching this.....

FYI peoples, Buy.com has raised the price back to $60, so if you didn't jump on it when it was available, might as well hit up Amazon now. I just saw this as I tried to order it. AMAZON HO

Although now that I think about it, they knocked $20 off Portal 2 and MK the week after they came out, so maybe I won't even preorder.

We would probably have a better chance of amazon matching neweggs's 15 gift card...esp since they also have free shipping like amazon...

[quote name='Thebostonrag']Although now that I think about it, they knocked $20 off Portal 2 and MK the week after they came out, so maybe I won't even preorder.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I'm right there with ya. The only preorder bonus that's even remotely enticing is GameStop's, so if I can hold out until after release and grab it for $40 from Amazon then I would consider that a better deal than getting it for $60 with a $10-20 credit (if they increase it to match K-Mart) and a DLC outfit (Amazon's preorder bonus).

[quote name='Hawkamania']Yeah I'm right there with ya. The only preorder bonus that's even remotely enticing is GameStop's, so if I can hold out until after release and grab it for $40 from Amazon then I would consider that a better deal than getting it for $60 with a $10-20 credit (if they increase it to match K-Mart) and a DLC outfit (Amazon's preorder bonus).[/QUOTE]

portal 2 had $20 credit though, so current price = preorder price post credit (if you see amazon credit ~ cash (like some, including yours truly, do) - especially with my free student prime account).

that's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger on la noire (so far). i cant see

[quote name='thesuzukimethod']portal 2 had $20 credit though, so current price = preorder price post credit (if you see amazon credit ~ cash (like some, including yours truly, do) - especially with my free student prime account).

that's what's keeping me from pulling the trigger on la noire (so far). i cant see

It was worth a shot, getting L.A Noire for $39.99 from amazon anyway because of an old credit i had from Fable 3.

[quote name='velvet396']I know, the portal 2 pricing situation stings. Yes, it equates to the same price, but part of the appeal of the pre-order is that discount normally disappears once the game is out.[/QUOTE]

I hear ya, I kept getting bummed every time i saw the price drop - thinking why did i pay full price to get it on day 1 (i still haven't had time to play it!) - then i remember i'm even with the current deal.

I think the free PC code has something to do with the quick price drops - to get as many console versions out there asap, rather than people realizing, "hey, i can just play this on my PC and sell the console copy for almost what i paid for it" etc. - more discs sold means people actually do what valve intended, which is play on both console and PC - not just sell off the disc... .02

Why are people so blindly excited for this game? Per usual, R* has offered up almost zero info. on the game, yet people are already jumping out of their seats to get their sticky fingers on it.

[quote name='AwRy108']Why are people so blindly excited for this game? Per usual, R* has offered up almost zero info. on the game, yet people are already jumping out of their seats to get their sticky fingers on it.[/QUOTE]

reputation. im almost certainly buying the next few games from Shinji Mikami due to blind faith alone :)

[quote name='AwRy108']Why are people so blindly excited for this game? Per usual, R* has offered up almost zero info. on the game, yet people are already jumping out of their seats to get their sticky fingers on it.[/QUOTE]

Because what I've seen looks fantastic. And every other major rockstar release has been stellar. It's like asking why people are excited about a new blizzard or valve game....

I read info on it on magazines, seen videos, and etc. so I don't know where you live but it looks like it's under a rock in the middle of clusterfuck nowhere. To keep things short, just think of Heavy Rain except around the 40's or 50's with some action here and there.

As the other guy said, reputation. Rockstar has been releasing stellar game after another amazing game.

When I read a hands on that said the game was more linear without the open world nature, I gave it a firm $10-15 price point. I never play single player, win and done, twice so I'll wait for a used copy.

I honestly have no idea what this game has to offer and hardly know what it's about. All I do know is that the internet is pissing themselves with excitement for some reason :whistle2:s

I don't know, there's quite a few gameplay videos and interviews floating around. I think we've seen a lot more of what L.A. Noire is about than, say, Brink or Alice.

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I don't know, there's quite a few gameplay videos and interviews floating around. I think we've seen a lot more of what L.A. Noire is about than, say, Brink or Alice.[/QUOTE]

But there's been a boatload of Brink videos !

I'm not really sure where this notion of there not being any info about this game came from exactly. I've seen videos and read previews. Not really sure what else people would want. Besides, as other people said, R*'s reputation carries a lot of weight.

Seriously? Rockstar has released at least 5 videos, at least 50 screens, a ton of advertising (even an interactive map showing articles of the actual crimes the game's missions are based off of), commercials, billboards (I've seen one in an NYC subway station), etc. They've given us every detail of the game short of spoiling the story. You'd have to be living under a rock to not know even anything about the game.

I have yet to be legitly disappointed in a rock star game of this caliber. Yea GTA IV in hindsight could have been a lot funner but I don't regret buying it. I got my fun out of it. Red Dead was great

[quote name='wilflare']Amazon just matched this with a $15 Promotional Credit.[/QUOTE]

Just seen, i'll take it :applause:

I dunno if "matched this" is really the correct term...Makes it sound like they dropped the price too.

I'll take a $15 credit though. Awesome. I wonder why they don't do $20 on this...It's obviously gonna be a big seller.

[quote name='FromChaos']I dunno if "matched this" is really the correct term...Makes it sound like they dropped the price too.

I'll take a $15 credit though. Awesome. I wonder why they don't do $20 on this...It's obviously gonna be a big seller.[/QUOTE]

You just answered your own question. If it's going to sell anyway, why give away money to customers?
The reason amazon has any deal is due to what their competitors offer - in this case buy.com's $15 is being matched for a limited time. Unless some other retailer ups the ante, don't expect this value to rise.

[quote name='mgford11']You just answered your own question. If it's going to sell anyway, why give away money to customers?
The reason amazon has any deal is due to what their competitors offer - in this case buy.com's $15 is being matched for a limited time. Unless some other retailer ups the ante, don't expect this value to rise.[/QUOTE]
K-Mart has been offering a $20 credit for some time now.

bread's done
Back