buy.com question

meerkatgamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm thinking of getting some dvds from buy.com is that good site to buy stuff on? I never bought anything from them before so I thought I'd ask.

One of the dvds I'm wanting is temporarily sold out If I order it and they don't get anymore in will they refund price on it?

I've ordered from Buy.com a few times over the past few years and had no problems. They ship DVDs in bubble mailers, so if you want guaranteed damage-free shipping in a box, go with Amazon.

[quote name='FJO']I've ordered from Buy.com a few times over the past few years and had no problems. They ship DVDs in bubble mailers, so if you want guaranteed damage-free shipping in a box, go with Amazon.[/QUOTE]

Amazon has been known to ship in bubble mailers as well, so no guarantees there.

But yes, overall I've had decent experiences with buy.com. They can be a little slow to ship at times (not always, though), so don't order from them if you're in a hurry. Other than that, I wouldn't expect you'd have any problems.

yea pretty much wat everyone else here has said, i bought an xbox 360 since i had some credit lying around, shipping is pretty slow both times i bought an item, it took around 5 days to get to me

I stopped buying from them about 5 years or so ago when Amazon basically beat them on nearly everything. However, back then, I used to receive new release movies from them regularly on Fridays/Saturdays before the release date. Pretty much every time. Couldn't tell you if it's still like that, since it's been ages since I ordered from them. Very seldom buy movies at release anymore also, they drop too fast lately.

[quote name='ssjmichael']They showed potential at one point but they just got worse, perhaps trying to compete with Amazon but not really "getting it".[/QUOTE]

It may have happened around the time they were bought by Rakuten and introduced those wacky/creepy "Rakuten Super Points".

Ironically, Rakuten translates to optimistic.

Yeah. The Rakuten Super Points are useless unless you happen to purchase from Buy.com really frequently.

bread's done
Back