Buy.com Refurbished Xbox 360 System $199.99 20GB, 2 Wireless Controllers & 3 Games

Redemption33

CAGiversary!
Feedback
9 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
pretty good deal...

would buy one but im teetering whether this or a ps3.... DECISIONS DECISIONS

Couple this deal with bing 7% cb for buy.com....

hot daym.

[quote name='redline']Wonder if these are programmed to RROD after one year.[/QUOTE]

Wonder if that was an absolutely pointless comment....

this is a pretty good deal for someone that was thinking about getting an arcade unit. One year warranty on a refurb is pretty good.

[quote name='n4styn4t3']Might want to include that it's refurbished.[/QUOTE]
thanks i didn't even notice

[quote name='gomikeoh']pretty good deal...

would buy one but im teetering whether this or a ps3.... DECISIONS DECISIONS

Couple this deal with bing 7% cb for buy.com....

hot daym.[/QUOTE]
yeah same here the only game i would only play is COD modern warfare 2 and my friends all have xbox live but i been wanting to get a PS3 for so long now so im still trying to decided whether to get the PS3 or 360

[quote name='Malik112099']Wonder if that was an absolutely pointless comment....

this is a pretty good deal for someone that was thinking about getting an arcade unit. One year warranty on a refurb is pretty good.[/QUOTE]
I don't think so.

Don't the new units come with a 3 year warranty? I'd rather take my chances on a RROD over 3 years than 1 year. Pay a little more and buy new.

the combo makes it a good deal. but id rather spend the extra 60$ and get the 40 gigs plus the year warranty.

Its a good opening cost, if you plan on upgrading it yourself which a lot of people do. Three games wewt.
cagus.smile.jpg

Those 3 games are super cheap as it is lol, i bought my 360 on Ebay last year with the 20 GB model for 173 bucks.. BUT

i only got 1 controller, not 2.

So therefor, you add that with 3 games.. that actually isnt a bad deal at all... BUT the 360 Elite for another 100? yeah i think that makes this deal look weak.

It is worth noting that the warranty is from MS itself, so while refurbished it appears to have the same basic one year warranty of a new unit but the warranty language in regards to the 3 year RROD coverage is completely missing. Personally, I would suggest that folks looking for a replacement unit wait 2 months to see what the packed in game for the holidays will be and pick up an arcade on a deal or gift card promo...You'll get a new unit that will likely run quieter and you'll have better coverage over time.

Standard new warranty language
The term "Warranty Period" means: (i) as applied to the Console, a period of one year (three years for conditions that either cause three lights on the ring of light on the front of the Console to flash red, or display an E74 error code on the video display connected to the Console) starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Console, or (ii) as applied to an Accessory, a period of 90 days starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/hardware/warranty/warranty/ProductWarrantyNew.aspx

Refurbished warranty language
The term "Warranty Period" means: (i) as applied to the Console, a period of one year starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Console, or (ii) as applied to an Accessory, a period of 90 days starting as of the date of your sales receipt for the purchase of the Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).
http://support.xbox.com/support/en/...anty/warranty/ProductWarrantyRefurbished.aspx

Just a warning I bought a refurb from buy.com before. It did NOT have a real MS warranty. When I registered it said warranty expired. It also red ringed in a month. The company didn't have any to replace it with so all I got was my money back. Don't bother, get an arcade if you want cheap 360 that's not an old piece of junk refurbed and ready to break. And be warned the supplies of these seem to come from homebrew refurbers.

bread's done
Back