Buy.com Scam

TheToE

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Guys,
I know this is not a deal, but...I felt I needed to warm my brethren about a scam that apparently is affecting a lot of folks.
Feb of this year I made a purchase @ buy.com. Without me knowing, they signed me up for something called "Shopper Discounts". I never authorized "Shopper Discounts" to sign me up for anything , let alone charg my CC. They have been charging my CC $12.00/month for the past 8 months! A quick search turned this up : http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...t=datea&page=3

Anyone who has ordered from buy.com before might want to check their transaction history for any charges from "Shopper Disounts" or "RESERVATIONS REWARDS".

I am not one to cry wolf, but I seriously had no idea that this was going on. I called "Shopper Discounts" and spoke to a supervisor who refused to refund all 8 charges, he said he could refund 6, but that I had to write a letter and mail it in if i wanted the other 2 charges refunded. What a bunch of douche bags. Just giving you guys a heads up.

The same thing happened to me with Gamestop.com about a year ago. It only charges you if you click the thing at the end that says something like "Save $10 on your next purchase!" or something similar to that.

[quote name='Kamelot']How do you go about having 8 month charges and only realizing this now...[/QUOTE]

I dont heavily use my CC, so I know how much I spend. I was not checking it like I should have. I will now!

If you look afer your purchase you"ll see farther down a very small no thanks I'm not interested button. I could be wrong on the wording but it's funny how small the button is.

[quote name='OddLogik']The same thing happened to me with Gamestop.com about a year ago. It only charges you if you click the thing at the end that says something like "Save $10 on your next purchase!" or something similar to that.[/QUOTE]
yeah every time i see that i always click on no thanks personally i never had a problem with buy.com u just have to be more aware when you checking out to make a purchase

[quote name='locashcrimering']If you look afer your purchase you"ll see farther down a very small no thanks I'm not interested button. I could be wrong on the wording but it's funny how small the button is.[/QUOTE]

so true

[quote name='locashcrimering']If you look afer your purchase you"ll see farther down a very small no thanks I'm not interested button. I could be wrong on the wording but it's funny how small the button is.[/QUOTE]

Pretty much. Same thing with GameStop. If you fall for that kind of thing, you deserve to have the charges on your credit card. The only one you have to blame is yourself. Just be sure to actually LOOK at the entire page next time.

You had to agree to it for them to do that. I've bought a few things from them all summer and through last school year and I haven't been charged yet. It was probably the "click here to save money on your next purchase" like the OddLogik said. Or there was a check mark saying "do you want to get shopper discounts" during the purchasing the order (like a I agree to the terms things, but was already checked... i hate when places do that).

[quote name='dualedge2']Pretty much. Same thing with GameStop. If you fall for that kind of thing, you deserve to have the charges on your credit card. The only one you have to blame is yourself. Just be sure to actually LOOK at the entire page next time.[/QUOTE]

Dang, kinda harsh bro. I have been buying stuff online for a long time, and I've never had this happen. This was different, I did not check a box signing up for this. Whatever happened went down without me realizing it.

bread's done
Back