Buy.com WILL NOT be giving anything for HD-DVD purchasers

Status
Not open for further replies.

hwong3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just out of curiousity, since Best Buy, Circuit City and Amazon.com has done it, I asked Buy.com if they would be offering anything for HD-DVD purchaser before February. They pretty much said no. Here's what I got (what a lame letter!!! Encourage me to take advantage of their already low prices? What???):

Thank you for contacting Buy.com.

This is in reference to your email regarding order #35721764.

We appreciate your interest in Buy.com. Please note that at the present time, we do not offer any kind of gift certificates to anyone, who purchased an HD-DVD player.

However, we do encourage you to take advantage of our already-low prices. Please let us know if you require any further assistance by contacting us at: [email protected]

Please do not reply to this message. It was sent from a notification-only address that cannot accept incoming email.

Sincerely,

Alvin
Buy.com Customer Service
www.buy.com

Their low prices is their gift to you :)

I know their is no way in hell that Gamestop will be offering anything to people who ordered the HD-DVD add on......sadly where I made my purchase

[quote name='Poor2More']Their low prices is their gift to you :)

I know their is no way in hell that Gamestop will be offering anything to people who ordered the HD-DVD add on......sadly where I made my purchase[/QUOTE]

LOL!! Right, thankfully they have already low prices otherwise I'd be pissed that they're not giving me anything for my defunct HD-DVD that I bought in December of last year for full price a mere two months before it all crashed around me! ;)

[quote name='hwong3']LOL!! Right, thankfully they have already low prices otherwise I'd be pissed that they're not giving me anything for my defunct HD-DVD that I bought in December of last year for full price a mere two months before it all crashed around me! ;)[/QUOTE]

Thats sort of your own fault for not doing any research before buying it. It was widely known that soon enough either HD DVD or BluRay would be gone and there would be just one HD format for movies. And for the last year at least BluRay has had a wide lead in the battle.

I think its real cool that some companies gave HD-DVD purchasers something back, but I wouldnt expect it from everyone. Next time just do some research before making a buy.

[quote name='musha666']Thats sort of your own fault for not doing any research before buying it. It was widely known that soon enough either HD DVD or BluRay would be gone and there would be just one HD format for movies. And for the last year at least BluRay has had a wide lead in the battle.

I think its real cool that some companies gave HD-DVD purchasers something back, but I wouldnt expect it from everyone. Next time just do some research before making a buy.[/QUOTE]

Um, OK. I was joking (as you can tell by my smiley emoticon), so no need to get nasty about it. For your information, I did do research and I actually have both HD-DVD and Blu Ray. And in November/December of last year, Paramount and Dreamworks had just gone HD-DVD exclusive, so who would have thought HD-DVD was going down in flames two months later? I was buying an HD-DVD player for a friend for Christmas because he had an Xbox 360 and wanted one.

So please, flame elseware.

In for 5. Seriously, we're making threads about places not having deals now?

My next thread is going to be: Mario Galaxy at BB for 49.99!

[quote name='Gorge']In for 5. Seriously, we're making threads about places not having deals now?

My next thread is going to be: Mario Galaxy at BB for 49.99![/QUOTE]

OK, OK, just an FYI, I'll stop posting here if everyone else agrees to stop. Just wanted to let everyone know I did the leg work with Buy.com and what the results were. Sheesh.

[quote name='hwong3']OK, OK, just an FYI, I'll stop posting here if everyone else agrees to stop. Just wanted to let everyone know I did the leg work with Buy.com and what the results were. Sheesh.[/quote]I think I'll just close this, and we'll take care of that way. How's that sound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back