Buy Dragon Age II (any platform?) and get Mass Effect 2 (PC) free

JKSonic

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Just got an email from Bioware... It's unclear (at least to me) whether you have to BUY IT by 4/30 or if you have to had already bought it, and then you have until 4/30 to activate it.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thanks to gamers like you, Dragon Age II is off to a great start – breaking the 1 million mark in less than two weeks and faster than Dragon Age: Origins. We appreciate your support. As a special thank you for helping with the game's early success, BioWare would like to present you with a download code for 2010's Game of the Year, Mass Effect 2 on PC. As always, we sincerely appreciate your support and passion as we remain focused on delivering quality interactive experiences now and in the future. Look for more exciting things coming from Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Star Wars: The Old Republic in the future, including our recent launch of Mass Effect 2 Arrival DLC

[/FONT]
110404_DA2ME2_OWNERS_spacer.gif
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]To qualify and get your Mass Effect 2 PC download code, please follow these steps before April 30, 2011 at 11:59pm PDT:
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]1.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Activate the Online Pass content that came with your copy of Dragon Age II (The Black Emporium)[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Start the game and log in using your EA Account or create a new EA Account[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]3.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Visit http://social.bioware.com/me2offer and log in with that EA Account[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]4.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Enter your Online Pass code and click "Submit". You will then be provided the code for Mass Effect 2.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Open the EA Download Manager and enter the code to commence download (if you don't have the EA Download Manager installed, it can be found here: http://eastore.ea.com/eadm)[/FONT]

[quote name='n1c0']Actually, isn't the 360 DLCs cross compatible with the PC version? Since I recall EA listing them as the same entitlement or something.[/QUOTE]

A few of the promotional DLC is cross compatible such as the Dr. Pepper DLC or the Collector's armor and rifle

Well I'm dling it but the EA servers suck!!! its going to take all night, if this were on steam I would be done. Only at 20% after 90 minutes. it is a huge download though 11,5 gigs.

is that doctor pepper promo still going on? i remember doing it for dead space 2 stuff. and i still don't have dead space 2...

[quote name='n1c0']Actually, isn't the 360 DLCs cross compatible with the PC version? Since I recall EA listing them as the same entitlement or something.[/QUOTE]

A while back over on the BSN, some people that bought the DLC for the 360 version managed to get EA CSR to credit their accounts a few dollars for the PC DLC.

Didn't have any luck myself convincing them to do the same.

Pic of what the pop up window said for all DLC when you clicked "More Info";
Notice that I picked the Overlord Pack under Download.
dlc.jpg
Shortly after more people started contacting CS, they changed it.

Before and After pic;
b4.jpg

Something is not working for me, I've registered my Online Pass for DAII, but its not taking it on the ME2 offer website. Its the same code right? The one printed on the slip that came with DAII?

hmm... is it worth it for me to buy DA2 early (before the GOTY with DLC, etc) to get a game I already own with no DLC.

...nope.

Money off on some ME2/ME3 DLC or better yet a coupon for some $$ off ME3 would have been sweeter.

[quote name='gospelman']

For the record, I think ME2 is the best game made this gen.[/QUOTE]

Me to. Looking at GOTY ratings the only ones that came close to me was Mario Galaxy and GTA4 (which is severely over rated anyways, by everyone thats not a game critics books) so for a free version I'll glaldy take it.

I know at the end It asked me for the serial number again on the game for ME2 for some reason but I skipped it and it let me download regardless.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']GTA4 (which is severely over rated anyways, by everyone thats not a game critics books)[/QUOTE]I liked it and I'm not a game critic (anymore). The people hating on GTA IV are those who never progressed beyond beating hookers to get their $40 back in GTA III.

[quote name='DirkBelig']I liked it and I'm not a game critic (anymore). The people hating on GTA IV are those who never progressed beyond beating hookers to get their $40 back in GTA III.[/QUOTE]

Not to stray from the main topic...but I wasn't a huge fan of 4 either. I did beat it though, that was after playing through/beating RDR. I just felt like if they wanted to go the more realistic route that they did, they probably should have just made another series that branched off of GTA. What was always fun about it to me was the humor...I didn't want sim-lite driving controls and crappy mini games.

This is an extremely intelligent move by EA, reward loyal customers (early adopters of DA2) and they can makemoney off of selling the DLC for ME2. It's great DLC but a bit pricey, they probably won't make that much but it's income that they wouldn't normally be getting. This is a 'Neo' free to play model that is very intriguing.

[quote name='gunstar808']Something is not working for me, I've registered my Online Pass for DAII, but its not taking it on the ME2 offer website. Its the same code right? The one printed on the slip that came with DAII?[/QUOTE]

Just click "forgot/lost my code", that's what I did since it wouldn't take mine and it gave me a code for ME2. It probably just checks your registered dlc on your EA account...which probably would have been simpler than entering the code again, but works either way I guess.

I clicked lost y code and it just returns me back to the same page. Though I'm currently emailing EA so I hope I can get this resolved.

[quote name='abhinav']This is an extremely intelligent move by EA, reward loyal customers (early adopters of DA2) and they can makemoney off of selling the DLC for ME2. It's great DLC but a bit pricey, they probably won't make that much but it's income that they wouldn't normally be getting. This is a 'Neo' free to play model that is very intriguing.[/QUOTE]

I think this works in two ways for EA. First off, I think everyone who wanted to buy Mass Effect 2 already has it, so this could be an incentive to get new players playing and buying the DLC who might of been on the fence. Not only that but it allows EA have people have their download manager installed. One step closer for getting people to buy stuff from EA.

Just got another free ME2 download email, but this one was for my secondary EA account (not connected in any way to primary).

Only thing I did with the account was play the DA2 demo last month when they wanted 1 million unique users.

I downloaded the game and all the DLC I had on my 360 too! Worked out well and it plays pretty well on pc too! I still think its a bit smoother on 360.

[quote name='tightclaws']I downloaded the game and all the DLC I had on my 360 too! Worked out well and it plays pretty well on pc too! I still think its a bit smoother on 360.[/QUOTE]

I'll try it out. Didn't think the 360 dlc would cross over to the PC as well. I'll give it a go and see if this works. Thanks for posting!

[quote name='tightclaws']I downloaded the game and all the DLC I had on my 360 too! Worked out well and it plays pretty well on pc too! I still think its a bit smoother on 360.[/QUOTE]

Do you mean the preorder DLC? The stuff that shows up in your bioware social account? Or do you mean the DLC like Shadow Broker, etc that you bought on the Xbox marketplace?

[quote name='gunstar808']Do you mean the preorder DLC? The stuff that shows up in your bioware social account? Or do you mean the DLC like Shadow Broker, etc that you bought on the Xbox marketplace?[/QUOTE]

Just the Pre order stuff, and the DR pepper stuff and the DA 1 stuff Blood Dragon Armor and ...I did not buy any of the post game stuff though If I got all this I don't see why you would not get the other stuff if you bought it?

bread's done
Back