Buy God of War Collection, Get $5 Off God of War III + $10 Gaming Credit at Amazon

orangbulu

CAG Veteran
[IMG-R=5838]11714[/IMG-R]Buy the God of War Collection and get a $5 credit good towards God of War III (standard edition). God of War III comes with a $10 Amazon gaming credit. $5 credit will be automatically placed into your Amazon account within two business days after your GOW Collection ships.

:ps3: God of War Collection / God of War III Offer

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='SpockBlocker']Damn, I got excited. I thought GEARS of War 3 was announced or something...[/QUOTE]

GOW has always stood for God of War... I thought Gears was GeOW or something like that.

Anyway, any chance Amazon would apply the $5 to a preorder?

Maybe it's GOW for God of War and GoW for Gears of War. I've always typed it as GoW, and so has everybody I've ever seen talking about it...

[quote name='Ocajavati']It's a real price drop.[/QUOTE]
How do you know? All other stores have it as over $30. Gamestop usually has price drops after everyone else. I just want to make sure because I don't want to get it yet unless it'll go back up in price, since I have a lot of games to finish.

[quote name='Crusher09']How do you know? All other stores have it as over $30. Gamestop usually has price drops after everyone else. I just want to make sure because I don't want to get it yet unless it'll go back up in price, since I have a lot of games to finish.[/QUOTE]

From the Playstation Blog:

And if you’d like to get reacquainted with Kratos and refresh your skills before March 16, the God of War Collection is now ONLY $29.99. This epic deal gets you God of War and God of War II in stunning HD for one low price! Stay tuned for more God of War news as we move closer to launch.

Does the 5$ code they give you towards GOW3 work if you already have it ordered? I have it ordered with Goldbox & ECA and dont want to cancel.

[quote name='dizee']Does the 5$ code they give you towards GOW3 work if you already have it ordered? I have it ordered with Goldbox & ECA and dont want to cancel.[/QUOTE]

I am in the same boat. Anybody know the answer to this? I am sure if we ordered GOW Collection and wrote an email to Amazon they would take care of it. But I just wanted to check and see if anyone knew the answer first. Thanks.

[quote name='dizee']Does the 5$ code they give you towards GOW3 work if you already have it ordered? I have it ordered with Goldbox & ECA and dont want to cancel.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Fakinmail123']I am in the same boat. Anybody know the answer to this? I am sure if we ordered GOW Collection and wrote an email to Amazon they would take care of it. But I just wanted to check and see if anyone knew the answer first. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the GOW Collection a couple of days ago, but my ordered hadn't shipped yet (but in the 'preparing' phase). I just emailed Amazon, and they took $5 off the GOW Collection instead, which is a win in my book!

However, my order details look a bit funky now - the item subtotal became $24.99, and my Gold Box discount is still there, turning into -$1.25 which is 5% off that - but I was using free shipping (and it says still says so on the side), and now I have a $4.49 shipping charge on my order instead, bringing the total to $28.23. I guess we'll see what happens when it ships...

[quote name='el swordo']can i use the $10 gaming credit towards god of war 3?[/QUOTE]

You get the $10 credit for buying GoW3, not the collection. So that would be a no then.

Title should be modified. It's a bit misleading when you read it. I jumped in fully pissed off thinking that they were giving away some very sweet incentives after I just bought the game for $30. The title makes it seem like you're getting a $10 credit for buying the GoW Collection, but the reality is you get the $10 credit for buying GoW3 and the $5 towards GoW3 for buying the GoW Collection.

The OP should be laid out:

Get $5 towards GoW3 (Standard) when you buy the GoW Collection
Get $10 game credit when you buy GoW3 (though, truthfully, this shouldn't even be included since the OP was created to discuss the GoW Collection)

I bought the GoW collection 4 weeks ago for 29.99 from Amazon. I am going to write an email about getting $5 off of my GoW3 preorder. fucking rediculous.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought the GoW collection 4 weeks ago for 29.99 from Amazon. I am going to write an email about getting $5 off of my GoW3 preorder. fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]

This is why you have not received anything. This is from the GOW collection page.

"Order God of War: Collection and get a $5 credit towards the purchase of the standard edition of God of War III. Promotional code will be automatically placed into your Amazon.com account within two business days after your order ships. Offer valid between 3:00 pm January 29, 2010 and 11:59 pm March 15, 2010 Pacific time, when shipped and sold by Amazon.com, while supplies last. Limit one per customer. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time."

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought the GoW collection 4 weeks ago for 29.99 from Amazon. I am going to write an email about getting $5 off of my GoW3 preorder. fucking rediculous.[/QUOTE]

You bought the game a ~month~ ago and you're frustrated that they've just now added another incentive for people to buy it...? I

[quote name='wampa8jedi']You bought the game a ~month~ ago and you're frustrated that they've just now added another incentive for people to buy it...? I[/QUOTE]

Stay tuned for the same guy to bitch after GOW3 drops in price a month or 2 after release. "This is bullshit!!! I pre-ordered this game and now they're selling it for $40. I want my $20!!!"

[quote name='Ardrid']Title should be modified. It's a bit misleading when you read it. I jumped in fully pissed off thinking that they were giving away some very sweet incentives after I just bought the game for $30. The title makes it seem like you're getting a $10 credit for buying the GoW Collection, but the reality is you get the $10 credit for buying GoW3 and the $5 towards GoW3 for buying the GoW Collection.

The OP should be laid out:

Get $5 towards GoW3 (Standard) when you buy the GoW Collection
Get $10 game credit when you buy GoW3 (though, truthfully, this shouldn't even be included since the OP was created to discuss the GoW Collection)[/QUOTE]
I second this. Read the title and was like wtf? Too good to be true! Yep it is...

[quote name='EeveeFanboy']I second this. Read the title and was like wtf? Too good to be true! Yep it is...[/QUOTE]

Ditto

Please change the title.

[quote name='dino88']Stay tuned for the same guy to bitch after GOW3 drops in price a month or 2 after release. "This is bullshit!!! I pre-ordered this game and now they're selling it for $40. I want my $20!!!"[/QUOTE]

I bought it for $30... 3 weeks ago. You would be pissed too. I expect GoW3 to drop, that is a risk you take with being an early adaptor.

To top it off, the $10 isn't being offered for the Ultimate edition too. That is fucking crap. I wrote a huge, angry letter.

Amazon doesn't correct orders after 30 days anymore correct? What makes you think they'll refund you? I know some cags have gotten lucky a week or so after, but 3 weeks?really? Man they probably canceled it because people were asking 2 months after

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I bought it for $30... 3 weeks ago. You would be pissed too. I expect GoW3 to drop, that is a risk you take with being an early adaptor.

To top it off, the $10 isn't being offered for the Ultimate edition too. That is fucking crap. I wrote a huge, angry letter.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I would be pissed too... at myself. They're bonus items. It's not like you immediately deserve them because you're a CAG. And it's Amazon's discretion what and when gets bonus credit. You can't just say what should be discounted because you want it to.

[quote name='dino88']Stay tuned for the same guy to bitch after GOW3 drops in price a month or 2 after release. "This is bullshit!!! I pre-ordered this game and now they're selling it for $40. I want my $20!!!"[/QUOTE]

I bought a game for $60 and three years later it's $15!!!! I want my money back!!!!

I think what people are getting at is if say you bought it at Best Buy. You have a 30 Day Price Match Guarantee for them or local competitors. The difference is this is the Internet and Amazon doesn't have to match anything that they don't choose to do so on. Chances are if you bought it online, you saved money on it in the first place. Because 3 weeks ago, the game was still $39.99 in almost all stores. I know it was on sale at one point for $29.99 and that's when these people jumped on it. You saved $10, if you would have waited another 3 weeks, you would have saved another $5 towards the purchase of another game. You've had the game for 3 weeks now I'm sure you've gotten that *Extra* $5 worth of use out of it.

[quote name='Indiana Jones']I bought a game for $60 and three years later it's $15!!!! I want my money back!!!![/QUOTE]

^ that's the guy who bought Freedom Force in 2002 and is now fuming about it being only 2 dollars. :)

I already have GoW Collection, but I'm glad to see GoW III has the $10 gaming credit now. I'll probably pre-order it now, although I'm already getting FFXIII and the Dragon Age Awakening expansion. March is going to be a hell of a month!

I bought the GoW Collection for $37 three days before it dropped to $30. I emailed them and they said something like "the price you payed was the best price we could offer at the time". Bottom line, current Amazon pricing policy is whatever price you pay for an item that has shipped is the final price.

Good luck to you.

I'm pissed. I'm sending an email to Amazon. I bought God of War 2 a few years ago from Target for $20. Now Amazon is selling this collection for $30, with updated graphics and God of War 1, plus $5 credit. WTF. I DEMAND A REFUND!!!!

[quote name='SSJMies']GOW has always stood for God of War... I thought Gears was GeOW or something like that.

Anyway, any chance Amazon would apply the $5 to a preorder?[/QUOTE]

No way man GOW stands for "Garden of War," a Warcraft 2 multiplayer map

[quote name='flameofdoom666']I wrote a huge, angry letter.[/QUOTE]

That's probably going to screw you in the end. I understand the frustration but we're talking 3 weeks ago. If you really wanted the credit towards GoW3, you should have, politely, emailed them and indicated that you just noticed a new promotion for an item you recently purchased and you were wondering if you could take advantage of it. At your own discretion, assuming you're within the 30 day window, you could also allude to the fact that you could easily just return the game and reorder it and get the credit that way so where's the harm in giving you a one-time credit.

That's the way I've typically handled these situations and Amazon has credited me on every occasion ($5 after Mirror's Edge dropped from $15 to $11.35, $10 towards my GoW3 UE order after they started the pre-order promotion (even though it didn't apply), and $2 after Williams Collection dropped from $20 to $18). The only one I didn't get was when Infamous' MSRP dropped to $40 after Black Friday, though that was me being greedy since I got it for $30 (Discover promo) + a $20 PSN credit anyway :)

Point is, you're more likely to get CS to throw you a bone if you're not rude and disrespectful.

Nice, glad that they added a $10 GC for GoW3. Had it on preorder with eca and quick picks for $48, but was thinking of canceling since its being released so close to FFXIII.

Ordered the collection 3 weeks ago when the price 1st dropped. Wrote Amazon a very polite letter and they are giving me the $5 credit. I absolutely LOVE Amazon.

Let me know how writing that angry letter works out for you.

Now if only I can get GameStop to give me back the $10 difference between Williams pinball now, and a week ago when I bought it.

Not holding my breath.

[quote name='hxcmusic']Ordered the collection 3 weeks ago when the price 1st dropped. Wrote Amazon a very polite letter and they are giving me the $5 credit. I absolutely LOVE Amazon.

Let me know how writing that angry letter works out for you.

Now if only I can get GameStop to give me back the $10 difference between Williams pinball now, and a week ago when I bought it.

Not holding my breath.[/QUOTE]

See, just like I said: it pays to be polite when dealing with customer service. Amazon, more often than not, will have no problem matching a deal or giving you a credit.

Lol, good luck with GS though. They're usually bastards.

Picked this up at Best Buy with a GoWIII $5 pre-order for a total of $24.99 + tax ...

$29.99 - $10 off with pre-order of GoWIII = $19.99 + $5 GoWIII pre-order

Personally, I think this is a better deal, as you realize the $10 savings now, rather than on a future purchase, though you do have to pay tax ... though I guess with the Amazon deal, you are really getting $15 vs just $10 at BB.

It was stated that you might be able to return the $5 pre-order and get your money back, essentially making the GoW Collection $19.99.

bread's done
Back