Buy GTA:IV & 360 and get $50 giftcard at Best Buy!

I just picked up a replacement 360 at GameStop and pre-ordered GTA4 while I was there. Anyone know if GS will price-match this somehow? If not, I'll bring this unopened one back and grab one from Best Buy. Another question... if I buy a 360 and pay for GTA4 in full today, will Best Buy retroactively honor this deal once it becomes official on Sunday? Thanks.

[quote name='Greasy Monk']I just picked up a replacement 360 at GameStop and pre-ordered GTA4 while I was there. Anyone know if GS will price-match this somehow? If not, I'll bring this unopened one back and grab one from Best Buy. Another question... if I buy a 360 and pay for GTA4 in full today, will Best Buy retroactively honor this deal once it becomes official on Sunday? Thanks.[/quote]

My Gamestop NEVER pricematches, even when the store is in the same plaza. At best it would be a YMMV.

As for your BB question, I don't see why not, though you may get a little bit of hassle for it.

How easy would it be to resell a 360 for close to the price you bought it? Some $10 or even $20 GTA4 brand new would be a sweet deal. Actually, I would probably never go through all of that hassle. Awesome for anyone who needs a 360 though.

[quote name='guyver2077']so i would have to go buy this on tuesday correct .. im guessing 360 + gta would have to be on same receipt[/quote]

That's a good question. If you pay in full for the pre-order, does that qualify you for the deal or must GTA4 be in hand when you buy the 360?

First one to say "use the GTA IV deals thread" should get a kick in the nuts. This deal is too good to get buried in that. Wish it was for PS3 though.

I'm in...........
I just bought a 360 at Walmart last week and returned it today......Never had a chance to open it as I was out of town...........

I will be taking advantage of this at Best Buy next week............Woo Hoo....Yeahh!!

(Although I have yet to play a GTA game)

How did speedy miss this anyhow???

Great deal......if the 360 does not drop in price 2 weeks after the game comes out.....by 50 bucks.....

[quote name='Tendoboy']I'm in...........
I just bought a 360 at Walmart last week and returned it today......Never had a chance to open it as I was out of town...........

I will be taking advantage of this at Best Buy next week............Woo Hoo....Yeahh!!

(Although I have yet to play a GTA game)

How did speedy miss this anyhow???[/quote]

He didn't miss this. It's in the ad thread for next week. The real question is how did you miss it?

[quote name='Evi1d33d']What's preventing people returning the 360 or GTA4 after getting the GC?[/QUOTE]

You have to forfeit the gift card if you return either item. If you already used the gift card then no return. Its quite simple. You can't buy a Dodge Viper and bring back a Dodge Neon and expect the Viper's price in exchange.

Still seems like CC is the best deal with the free wireless controller, gamers saving club membership, and $10 gift card

If you have a Meijer's credit card, you can buy an Xbox 360 for 20% off this Fri. and Sat. (4/25-26) and then get the $10 GC from any purchase at Circuit City. $280 for the 'box and an effective $50 for the game = $330 vs. an effective $360 from Beast Buy. Use that money to pick up a Platinum Hit game.

[quote name='KueMan10']He didn't miss this. It's in the ad thread for next week. The real question is how did you miss it?[/QUOTE]

Actually I posted this deal with a scan of the ad in the GTA IV deals thread but for some reason Speedy got the credit. :whistle2:?
Whatever, it's not a big deal as long as fellow CAGs can take advantage of the deal.

[quote name='THams']Still seems like CC is the best deal with the free wireless controller, gamers saving club membership, and $10 gift card[/quote]

just keep in mind that the savings club membership is only valid on in store purchases.

[quote name='CaoPi']why is it only for 360, the 360 isn't selling so well?[/quote]Spoken like a true Playstation fanboy. :dunce: (I checked your trade list; don't deny it.)

M$ plunked down $50 million with Rockstar to have two exclusive DLC packs (which have been hysterically rumored to be the size of new cities; yeah, right) so they want people who haven't committed to one platform or another to pick theirs. They get at minimum a royalty on the disc; potentially a customer for the DLC; ideally a convert to the platform. They probably went to Beast Buy and said, "Hey, you guys can sell Blu-rays to the Playstation peeps since you've killed off HD DVD, but since the 360's attach rate is the highest of all consoles, why not do this deal and help create more customers for 360 games that they'll buy from you?"

If this bothers you, I trust that you complained about Sony's paying Rockstar to keep the series exclusive to the PS2 and delaying the Xbox and PC versions for over a year. You did find that unfair, right?:whistle2:s

bread's done
Back