Buy Mass Effect 2 $50, Get Mass Effect Free at Amazon

^Probably since that is the only version available right now. You DO get the Bringing Down the Sky DLC free with it though, and I think soundtrack or making of videos.

Either way, this is worth it for two of the best games this generation. ME2 is especially amazing

[quote name='Bigandtasty']I ordered ME1 in October 2009, and I got a Platinum Hits version. It was the decent-looking new cover art, not the ugly old cover art.[/QUOTE]
i got the same one for my gta4. looks pretty cool.

i seriously do not know what went through the heads of the marketing and production department of the xbox team when they thought "Hey! lets revamp the art cover of the games and make them smaller and have a gray frame around it. Then put big letter saying "Platinum Hits", that will show Sony!"

wonder if anyone was fired in that department.

yeah the rainbox six vegas 2 game I purchased has the older coverart. Looks awful. My local kmart still has a bunch of mass effect 1 with the original non platinum hits versions though.

[quote name='bringerofdeath']yeah the rainbox six vegas 2 game I purchased has the older coverart. Looks awful. My local kmart still has a bunch of mass effect 1 with the original non platinum hits versions though.[/QUOTE]

I've seen third-party sellers selling the original non-platinum hits version of ME1 for over $80 on Amazon. I don't know if they actually sell, though.

http://www.amazon.com/Mass-Effect-X...0?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1270396849&sr=8-10

Anyone know how long it took for Walmart to match Amazon's deal on Bioshock? It was cheaper as well, IIRC. If I could get it for cheaper and not wait for S&H, that'd be cool. Hopefully this is still running by Tuesday.

Bought both the day they came out. Well hell I had both on preorder. I just got ME to CE on the PC and it should be here in the next week or so. To bad this was not also for the PC if it was I might cancel my CE and get it both for the PC. Maybe I can get the first one in the Bazaar. Great deal OP even though the cover of the non CE of ME2 sucks.

[quote name='alanamaslama']Anyone know how long it took for Walmart to match Amazon's deal on Bioshock? It was cheaper as well, IIRC. If I could get it for cheaper and not wait for S&H, that'd be cool. Hopefully this is still running by Tuesday.[/QUOTE]

you would still have to wait for s&h and pay for it to. unless you use site to store but that takes even longer. at least at the walmart i worked at we would not price match the website. maybe your walmart is different? good deal for anyone looking for these though

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']you would still have to wait for s&h and pay for it to. unless you use site to store but that takes even longer. at least at the walmart i worked at we would not price match the website. maybe your walmart is different? good deal for anyone looking for these though[/QUOTE]

Hmm...weird that they wouldn't pricematch the website, although I wouldn't doubt it. I know Best Buy price matches their own website, but each store has their own policy. I guess I'm in for Amazon's deal then!

[quote name='alanamaslama']Hmm...weird that they wouldn't pricematch the website, although I wouldn't doubt it. I know Best Buy price matches their own website, but each store has their own policy. I guess I'm in for Amazon's deal then![/QUOTE]

well im not saying they wont for sure.. but i am saying the one that i worked at in south carolina would not match the website. i thought it was odd but hey, what can you do lol. it might be varied by store to store. im not 100% sure. but my money says walmart's in general wont match the website.

Well, I've been wanting to play both, and $50 for both is an insane deal. Looks like I'll buy this as a birthday present to me.

[quote name='crzyjoeguy']well im not saying they wont for sure.. but i am saying the one that i worked at in south carolina would not match the website. i thought it was odd but hey, what can you do lol. it might be varied by store to store. im not 100% sure. but my money says walmart's in general wont match the website.[/QUOTE]

I called and just asked if the pricematch the website generally. Got a negative. It's ok, not a big fan of Wal-Mart anyway, haha.

I caved and bought this. Never played either, sadly I will have to either jump it in the backlog or I won't get to it for a while :)

Ruahrc

Crazy deal! I guess I'm lucky because I managed to get both copies for about the same price thanks to a guy on eBay (selling a non-PH version of ME1) and the EA sale. Still, this is definitely worth it.

I swear- everytime I buy a game of Amazon they come up with a better deal for that game 48 hours later. I'm waiting from now on. The last 2 games I ordered lowered in price as they were being shipped to me and they denied my reqest to honor the new price. And I just recieved Mass Effect 2 Saturday from them. Great deals either way but I love saving those few extra dollars if I can.

i was going to post that i wish they had this deal last week when i ordered both games, but i ended up paying about the same price anyway because of the $20 off sale at the EA store last week.

[quote name='HCHecxz']Awesome deal, especially for those who haven't even tried Mass Effect yet, like me. I might have to bite on it![/QUOTE]
I was late to the Mass Effect party, just got into the series a couple months ago, but since then I have played the absolute hell out of both games. They are phenomenal! The package deal is really nice because playing through 1 first really does deepen your experience in 2.

I bought ME1, and 2 a few weeks ago. I am playing through ME1 and not having a very good time. I'm stuck at the Benezia fight. I'm thinking of backtracking and getting more experience on another planet, because I get mauled by her every time.

I am so close to giving up and just starting with ME2, but everyone keeps telling me not to. So I guess I won't, but I have to say, every time It think about starting it up Benezia and the elevators make me wince. I just know it will take 15 minutes to walk out of where I am back to my ship. Ugh.

Any suggestions to make ME1 more enjoyable? I love the dialogue and the space anthropology stuff, but really hate Mako and Boss battles. Really looking forward to ME2.

[quote name='KingHippp0']Any suggestions to make ME1 more enjoyable? I love the dialogue and the space anthropology stuff, but really hate Mako and Boss battles. Really looking forward to ME2.[/QUOTE]
Turn the difficulty down? If you're interested in the story more than the combat, you can pretty much breeze through on Casual.

[quote name='KingHippp0']I bought ME1, and 2 a few weeks ago. I am playing through ME1 and not having a very good time. I'm stuck at the Benezia fight. I'm thinking of backtracking and getting more experience on another planet, because I get mauled by her every time.

I am so close to giving up and just starting with ME2, but everyone keeps telling me not to. So I guess I won't, but I have to say, every time It think about starting it up Benezia and the elevators make me wince. I just know it will take 15 minutes to walk out of where I am back to my ship. Ugh.

Any suggestions to make ME1 more enjoyable? I love the dialogue and the space anthropology stuff, but really hate Mako and Boss battles. Really looking forward to ME2.[/QUOTE]

You should definitely backtrack. I did the exact same thing during my first play through, got crushed by her 20+ times, and thus backtracked to another planet.

I believe it's because this is supposed to be the last planet you are really supposed to visit of the beginning 3 options. You can try to beat her, but I don't think they designed the story that way.

Also, HUGE WARNING TO ALL:

Be wary of saving your game inside an elevator!

Google: "Mass Effect 1 elevator glitch" and you will know what I am talking about.

I had to start over from scratch because of this and lost 8 hours! :bomb::bomb::bomb:

Lesson learned: make many many multiple saves!!

Other than that small gripe, the game really picks up towards the end and after you get used to the combat. And of course, Mass Effect 2 simply builds on the experience even more -> ridiculously more, especially in the gameplay department. :D

Great deal. I actually haven't played ME... we had it once and my bf played through it and traded it in, but after playing DAO, I became more interested in trying ME. The prices for ME1 all seemed to high to me though, FREE is just right! Used a $25 Amazon gift card and got both for $24.64! Now, if only my xBox would get back from Texas... (on to console #5 now?)

bread's done
Back