Buy Modern Warfare 2 (360) $60, Get a $10 Credit and 1 Year XBL for $30

[quote name='chuckywang']Uh, not really a good deal. It's $90 for MW2 and 1 Year XBL, and you get a $10 video game credit later on.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is considering that's $110 retail. What math are you using?

[quote name='MSUHitman']Yeah it is considering that's $110 retail. What math are you using?[/QUOTE]

The only math I know: $60 MW2 + $30 Xbox Live 12 month = $90.

it's sorta the same as the preorder deal since you get $20 worth of credit. but I would rather have it be video game credit

Modern Warfare 2 + 12 month xbox live + $10 amazon VG credit.
$60 + $30.
$10 credit to use later.

If you were going to resub to xbox live, this is like $30 amazon credit, $20 instant and $10 later.

On the other hand, for most people who probably already resubbed for MW2, it may not be as good of a deal. Still nice compared to the $110 retail + lack of $10 credit.

[quote name='chuckywang']The only math I know: $60 MW2 + $30 Xbox Live 12 month = $90.[/QUOTE]

Ever think that possibly people who are buying MW2 would need a new Live card? 40% off a 1 year Live subscription just for buying a game they were going to buy anyway, and they get another $10 in credit to Amazon on top of it, is not a deal?

How long do you think this will last. I was going to buy those items anyway, just wondering if they'll be any better offers during the week.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Ever think that possibly people who are buying MW2 would need a new Live card? 40% off a 1 year Live subscription just for buying a game they were going to buy anyway, and they get another $10 in credit to Amazon on top of it, is not a deal?[/QUOTE]

I think he's referring to the fact that there are constantly deals to get 12 month XBL subscriptions flat out at that price, with no pre-condition. If you look at it that way, it's not a great deal. Because you could have jumped on one of the other 304823582590 MW2 deals that were better than just a 10 dollar game credit, and bought the 30 dollar live sub separately.

That being said, for those who need it now and didn't happen to jump on any of the other deals, I still think this is a solid deal.

Personally I would just wait it out longer and grab one of the inevitable door buster deals that we're going to be bombarded with in the coming months. Something tells me we're going to see some insane deals.

It's coming up as Order Total: $89.98 when I try to buy it. The 12 month card is $39.99, the game is $59.99, and when you buy both you get a Promotion Applied: -$9.97

Arrrrgg!! To late, already got mine from amazon... arrrrg!!
This is just awesome, awesome deal IMO!

[quote name='Gorga']I think he's referring to the fact that there are constantly deals to get 12 month XBL subscriptions flat out at that price, with no pre-condition. If you look at it that way, it's not a great deal. Because you could have jumped on one of the other 304823582590 MW2 deals that were better than just a 10 dollar game credit, and bought the 30 dollar live sub separately.

That being said, for those who need it now and didn't happen to jump on any of the other deals, I still think this is a solid deal.

Personally I would just wait it out longer and grab one of the inevitable door buster deals that we're going to be bombarded with in the coming months. Something tells me we're going to see some insane deals.[/QUOTE]

Could you name some constant deals that have been occurring or will occur?
From what I know and see on here, there's no sight of the $30 12 month subscription sale anytime soon. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, I want to be corrected so I can go out and buy one... :drool:

This isn't really that great. 13 month live can be found for $40 anytime, and usually for $30 if you look hard enough. The game was found for $40 on ebay a day after release...

Amazon is offering $20 in savings off of it's normal price when you buy MW2 and Live. If you preordered MW2 from Amazon, you'd have gotten a $20 Amazon coupon.

bread's done
Back