Buy Modnation Racers with Little Big Planet and save $20 @ BB

machtdh

CAGiversary!
I did a quick search and couldn't find this deal here. Forum guys do the proper move if this is duplicated.

Best Buy text:

RZ Zone Gamer Deal:
Save $20 when you buy PS3 Little Big Planet & Modnation Racers PS3. Show SKU 1004561 to cashier. Expires 5/29.

First deal post, I am excited!

Not a bad deal at all, especially since I'm going to price match the Hastings price for Modnation. Will make it $50 for both games after the $20 savings.

Not bad a deal for a B&M.

Preorder today (last day) and you can get the Nathan Drake racer for free too.

[quote name='eau']Not bad a deal for a B&M.

Preorder today (last day) and you can get the Nathan Drake racer for free too.[/QUOTE]

I was just in BB, and according to their ModNation preorder boxes, you'll get this DLC through July if you buy the game at BB. It'll probably just be packed in the box like the Warhorse was for RDR.

Just to clarify, it is Little Big Planet GOTY, right?

Not sure if Best Buy wanted to just unload a stack of old non GOTY's and figured this was the way to do it.

Also, where is this coupon (I assume its a coupon?) at? I checked my email and the Reward Zone Gamer's page, didn't see anything about it.

[quote name='bthoma']I was just in BB, and according to their ModNation preorder boxes, you'll get this DLC through July if you buy the game at BB. It'll probably just be packed in the box like the Warhorse was for RDR.[/QUOTE]
No. The DLC voucher is inside the preorder box. If you shake it you will hear the voucher :)

[quote name='eau']No. The DLC voucher is inside the preorder box. If you shake it you will hear the voucher :)[/QUOTE]

Are you positive? Cause I was just there, and the preorder box was empty and said the offer would be valid until July XX 2010. I know I bought RDR there on release day without a preorder and the Warhorse code was in the box.

[quote name='bthoma']Are you positive? Cause I was just there, and the preorder box was empty and said the offer would be valid until July XX 2010. I know I bought RDR there on release day without a preorder and the Warhorse code was in the box.[/QUOTE]

I preordered and the code IS in the pre order box

[quote name='animalspinners']
Also, where is this coupon (I assume its a coupon?) at? I checked my email and the Reward Zone Gamer's page, didn't see anything about it.[/QUOTE]

The coupon is a text message that was sent to people who have signed up with Best Buy's Gamer Rewards text message program. It does say you can forward the text to friends. So, if you need it, PM me your cell phone number and I can forward it to you.

[quote name='magicjames92']I preordered and the code IS in the pre order box[/QUOTE]

I stand corrected then! Thanks for clearing that up.

Probably a stupid question, but will BB price match if there are none of those stores in your state?:) No Hastings in La., but I would love to be able to only drop $40 on MNR.

[quote name='chopork']Probably a stupid question, but will BB price match if there are none of those stores in your state?:) No Hastings in La., but I would love to be able to only drop $40 on MNR.[/QUOTE]

(same question here)

[quote name='chopork']Probably a stupid question, but will BB price match if there are none of those stores in your state?:) No Hastings in La., but I would love to be able to only drop $40 on MNR.[/QUOTE]

This would be very YMMV. I know there are no Hastings around me, so I would probably just get funny looks trying to price match them at BB. However, I could imagine a customer service rep who would do it anyway. But you'll have an easier time if you have Hastings in your area.

Very YMMV. Best Buy's policy states they'll match any local competitor. When I lived an hour away from Fry's, 2 of the 3 managers at the local Best Buy did not consider Fry's a local competitor, and would not match their prices. There's a chance you could get a rep that'll do it for you, but if there's no Hastings around you at all, I wouldn't bet on it happening.

You have to text GAMER to 332211, not sure if you'll get the offer but they've sent out a lot of offers recently...

[quote name='aznboovie']Kinda off-topic but guys how do i sign up for BB's mobile text? like what do i write?[/QUOTE]

Just write down the number and tell it to them. That's all I did, and it worked fine. They asked me what the number was, I told them it was a coupon sku, and they said, oh ok.

[quote name='gravel']The coupon is a text message that was sent to people who have signed up with Best Buy's Gamer Rewards text message program. It does say you can forward the text to friends. So, if you need it, PM me your cell phone number and I can forward it to you.[/QUOTE]

This helped at my BB to have the text. Worked like a charm, I used the LBP for the UFC deal at GS.

[quote name='Maskim']Just write down the number and tell it to them. That's all I did, and it worked fine. They asked me what the number was, I told them it was a coupon sku, and they said, oh ok.[/QUOTE]

It's that simple?
I'll try it...

You can Forward to a friend. They actually say that in the text. There's no way for them to restrict the offer...

[quote name='MeteoSparkZero']I registered the text service.
But is there any way to forward the text or is it restricted to each phone?

I really want to take advantage of this.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='wilwrk4games']anyone willing to post the coupon sku?? im really looking to get in on this[/QUOTE]

Just write down the coupon SKU included in the OP. Go to BB and take the games to the check out. Tell the cashier that you have a coupon SKU and it should work. I did this a while back for Bioshock 2 with no problem. Don't bother asking the employees about it, they probably won't know. Just take the games and SKU code to the cashier. Buy your games and go home happy, and don't forget to give the security guys the finger as your leaving.

By the way I don't understand the excitement over this since Hastings was selling Modnation for around $40 shipped for ages. I'm hoping mine shows up soon!! :bouncy:

[quote name='Alkane']

By the way I don't understand the excitement over this since Hastings was selling Modnation for around $40 shipped for ages. I'm hoping mine shows up soon!! :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
On my part, at least, the excitement came from pricematching the Hastings price, and getting Modnation and LBP GOTY for $50 total. I'm sure others did the same.

[quote name='Maskim']On my part, at least, the excitement came from pricematching the Hastings price, and getting Modnation and LBP GOTY for $50 total. I'm sure others did the same.[/QUOTE]

So they price matched Modnations for 40 and then took an addition 20 bucks on top of that?

Mine wouldn't go that low. The $20 package takes $10 off each game, since they had already reduced modnation the discount was negated making modnation $40 and lbp $20, so $60 total.

[quote name='cycophuk']So they price matched Modnations for 40 and then took an addition 20 bucks on top of that?[/QUOTE]
Yup. My receipt reads that I paid 29.99 for Modnation and 19.99 for LBP GOTY.

bread's done
Back