Buy New Super Mario Bros get 50% OFF ANY Wii Game inc. Wii Fit, "Hero" Bundles, etc!

Dumb question, but how long does this deal last? May not be able to do it until next week (In Homer Simpson voice: "Oh, stupid bills, always making me give them money")

[quote name='grundy']Dumb question, but how long does this deal last? May not be able to do it until next week (In Homer Simpson voice: "Oh, stupid bills, always making me give them money")[/QUOTE]

It's in this week's ad, so I would assume that Saturday is the last day.

[quote name='gregleg']I did this in-store (XMas shopping for two different sets of nephews :) )

I didn't just get 50% off the second, I got 75% off the second. It rang up this way:

Wii SuperMarioBros $49.99
Wii SuperMarioBros $12.49
Buy 1 Get 50%off 49.99 - 25.00
Wii Promo 24.99 - 12.50

Subtotal $62.48 + tax[/QUOTE]

Oh shit! It looks like yet another glitch in the system, where it runs the half off promo twice if you are buying 2 Super Mario Bros. Wii.

LOL, it runs the first promo, drops one of the SMBs to $24.99, then runs it again and takes 50% off the lesser value game, which is the already discounted SMB!!!

Going to hit the store first thing tomorrow and see if I can get it to work...

Just came back from TRU; 75% off did not work for me on two copies of NSMB. I don't know if there was some kinda special way the guy rang it up (not like there's more than one way to ring up two copies of the same game!) but the second NSMB just showed as 50%, so it looks like this may be a YMMV. Boo! (literally, and not the Mario ghost!)

Just ordered NSMB, DJ bundle and a 2GB SD card to expand my Wii memory. Used HOLIDAY2 and Google checkout's $10 off promo. Got them all for $92 and change shipped.

dam I had no idea about the google promo. Its too risky for me to reorder it and possibly losing the whole order. O well

Jumped on it, my girl wanted DJ Hero, for 50$ may as well. Hopefully it goes through. Even if they catch it, hopefully they realize its the only way they are going to move their stock of these and decide to leave it.

In for

DJ Hero
NSMB
Blast Works (it was only $5 + $5 shipped, lowest price I've ever seen)

Used holiday2 and google checkout and it was $85 shipped total

Sadly, Muramasa is not listed;
and though Wii Sports Resort with 2 adaptors is listed as in stock, it is out of stock when you add it to your cart.

I submitted my order through Google Checkout at about 8:30am CST and the total came to $80.41 after adding NSMB, DJ Hero, and a $3 toy car.

Right after I submitted my order though, I went back to the TRU website to check my cart and it now had DJ Hero at $99.99.. hmm, I wonder if they caught on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, I was going to order 2x NSMB and get the 10 off 60 w/ GCO. At the moment the 50% discount is not working at TRU.com. Any suggestions?

[quote name='jughead']Hmmm, I was going to order 2x NSMB and get the 10 off 60 w/ GCO. At the moment the 50% discount is not working at TRU.com. Any suggestions?[/QUOTE]

I had to clear my cache and start over.

Ordered yesterday, went back today, looks like deal is dead. It worked this morning, but glitch is fixed and higher priced items will not ring up for 50%.

Now, let's see if yesterday's orders ship or are canceled!!!

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Just ordered NSMB, DJ bundle and a 2GB SD card to expand my Wii memory. Used HOLIDAY2 and Google checkout's $10 off promo. Got them all for $92 and change shipped.[/QUOTE]

What is the Google checkout offer (as in how do you do it)?
Does it show up when you check out?

[quote name='Seasick Pirate']What is the Google checkout offer (as in how do you do it)?
Does it show up when you check out?[/QUOTE]

View cart: You can either choose "Proceed To Secure Checkout" or Google checkout, which is located right below.

[quote name='jughead']Hmm.. didn't work for me. It probably has something to do with work's pcs using only IE6.[/QUOTE]

DL Chrome or something.

My work boxes won't let most things to be installed on it, but Chrome can be done.

[quote name='loserboy']Ordered yesterday, went back today, looks like deal is dead. It worked this morning, but glitch is fixed and higher priced items will not ring up for 50%.

Now, let's see if yesterday's orders ship or are canceled!!![/QUOTE]
My experience with them in the past says that they will get cancelled and ship mario with no other game. Good luck though.

[quote name='joshnorm']Went to B&M TRU and it only gave me the one discount when I purchased 2 so it seems that the glitch was fixed.[/QUOTE]

Same thing here.

[quote name='TomJones4']so this is dead?[/QUOTE]

Well you still get 2 NSMB Wii for $73 or so but the deal for $61 is dead. Unfortunately, now I have to go return and rebuy for Dead Space.

[quote name='joshnorm']Well you still get 2 NSMB Wii for $73 or so but the deal for $61 is dead. Unfortunately, now I have to go return and rebuy for Dead Space.[/QUOTE]

Im talking about online. I wanted to pickup NSMBWii and Wiifit plus for an xmas present

Ordered yesterday morning, still not cancelled but order still says "Items located in stock".

How long does TRU usually take to ship?

I got a confirmation email from Toys R Us today.. it says that the DJ Hero I bought was $90 (after GCO $10 discount) and my total was $151.. but the Google Checkout page I ordered from and confirmation email I got said the total was $80.41 for everything.

I called TRU Customer Service, and they said I was most likely going to be charged the $151... I told them if that was going to be what I was going to be charged to cancel it.. they said that is impossible at this point and only thing I could do to get my money back was either send it back to them (I have to pay return shipping) or return to the store but it was at the store's discretion to allow it to be returned. She asked her supervisor and he said I was most likely going to be charged the $151. Pretty sad that GCO confirms a $80.41 price but TRU says $151.

I called my credit card company a few minutes ago and they said a pending charge of $80.41 is there.. but that is all. I really wonder how this is going to turn out. If anything, if the charge is $151 I am going to dispute it with the credit card company.

Wish me luck on getting it for $80.41 :(

Anyone had this happen to them (the totals being different)?

xxjonoxx - I had a problem with Toys R Us three years ago with a similar promotion (this one was buy two get one free).

Ended up having to call Toys R Us twice along with the credit card company to get everything sorted out. Had to ship the games back (at their expense, not mine) and got a full refund on the credit card; the whole thing took a solid month.

You'd think that they could get their shit straight in three years with promotions like this.

[quote name='xxjonoxx']I got a confirmation email from Toys R Us today.. it says that the DJ Hero I bought was $90 (after GCO $10 discount) and my total was $151.. but the Google Checkout page I ordered from and confirmation email I got said the total was $80.41 for everything.

I called TRU Customer Service, and they said I was most likely going to be charged the $151... I told them if that was going to be what I was going to be charged to cancel it.. they said that is impossible at this point and only thing I could do to get my money back was either send it back to them (I have to pay return shipping) or return to the store but it was at the store's discretion to allow it to be returned. She asked her supervisor and he said I was most likely going to be charged the $151. Pretty sad that GCO confirms a $80.41 price but TRU says $151.

I called my credit card company a few minutes ago and they said a pending charge of $80.41 is there.. but that is all. I really wonder how this is going to turn out. If anything, if the charge is $151 I am going to dispute it with the credit card company.

Wish me luck on getting it for $80.41 :(

Anyone had this happen to them (the totals being different)?[/QUOTE]

File a complaint with the BBB too if they over-charge you. Believe it or not companies act swiftly responding to BBB complaints.

Yeah, I don't have too much confidence that I'll only be charged the $80.. I have the feeling when it ships there is going to be the full charge on my card. Gonna contact my credit card company as soon as that happens though. Thanks for the heads up on BBB as well, that is a great idea if this goes south. (which I am 99% sure it is going to, I knew this deal was too good to be TRU!)

[quote name='xxjonoxx']Yeah, I don't have too much confidence that I'll only be charged the $80.. I have the feeling when it ships there is going to be the full charge on my card. Gonna contact my credit card company as soon as that happens though. Thanks for the heads up on BBB as well, that is a great idea if this goes south. (which I am 99% sure it is going to, I knew this deal was too good to be TRU!)[/QUOTE]

Actually looking at the BBB for Toys R Us, they have like an F rating and haven't responded to 100+ claims (but did resolve 600+ claims I think it was). They're also not BBB accredited.

So you may have more difficulty with them than other retailers, but I'd still say its worth a shot.

I can't believe they can even get away with attempted to charge you for an amount you didn't agree too, but they've already did it once to me during this promotion. I ordered Tony Hawk Ride and NSMB for 101 after tax. Then I thought I would get Band Hero too, so I bought another NSMB and Band Hero and the total came out to something around 130 after tax.

I confirmed the purchase at 130 and then got a confirmation on the next page that said they didn't have band hero so they were going to charge me 47.99 for NMSB and just send that, though I didn't agree to pay that amount at all.

It was really glitchy too. It showed a shipping discount of around 22 dollars, a 15 dollar discount for coupon Holiday2 and a net debit of 49.99 for NMSB. But the total cost was 47.99. The email invoice said I was charge 44.79 for NMSB plus tax and shipping.

Obviously I promptly canceled that order, but I wouldn't be surprised if they email me soon telling me they charged me whatever they felt like for TH:R and NMSB and shipped it to me anyway. My credit card company is supposed to refuse any charge I didn't explicitly agree to if I show the order confirmation as proof that I didn't agree to that amount. We'll see I guess.

I'm interested to see what happens with TRU charging more than agreed to. If they actually try to do that, you should be able to use an order confirmation page/email/screenshot to dispute the charge with your credit card company. And most credit cards will shut that charge down for you, if you have a confirmation showing a different total.

I saw an ad at work for the weekend, a B1G1 50% on all games coming up, I only saw the copy the manager had for planing the racetrack (work night crew) so i can't remember if its a Fri-Sat deal or if it starts Sunday. Won't save as much as a you can with this deal, but it'll be there.

has anyone's ordering gone past processing? I ordered early Sunday morning and have received my order confirmation and there is currently a pending charge on my credit card since Sunday morning. Has anyone received a tracking number for having it shipped out. I was one to grab NSMB and Wii Fit Plus at 50% and was wondering if anyone's status had changed?

[quote name='SadExchange82']has anyone's ordering gone past processing? I ordered early Sunday morning and have received my order confirmation and there is currently a pending charge on my credit card since Sunday morning. Has anyone received a tracking number for having it shipped out. I was one to grab NSMB and Wii Fit Plus at 50% and was wondering if anyone's status had changed?[/QUOTE]

Same here. "Item(s) located in stock".

[quote name='SadExchange82']has anyone's ordering gone past processing? I ordered early Sunday morning and have received my order confirmation and there is currently a pending charge on my credit card since Sunday morning. Has anyone received a tracking number for having it shipped out. I was one to grab NSMB and Wii Fit Plus at 50% and was wondering if anyone's status had changed?[/QUOTE]

Same here. Dont like our chances. TRU usually processes within 2 days, so if theres no activity by tomorrow, we all might be out of luck. Fingers crossed that something happens

My copy of NSMB shipped on Monday. THR is still showing "Item(s) located in stock" though.

[quote name='vd0man']My copy of NSMB shipped on Monday. THR is still showing "Item(s) located in stock" though.[/QUOTE]

When did you happen to order your stuff? Were you sent an email stating that it shipped? Also, were you charged for the full thing on your credit card?

I gotta call up my CC company. I don't care. I'm showing them the invoice and charging back the difference between $43 and change and whatever they actually charge me for NSMB if that's the only thing they ship, same if they ship the whole package and try charging me full price for DJ Hero, and from there ... TRU isn't getting my business any longer.

ive had similarly crappy experiences with their online store. I ordered a 90 dollar toy that said in stock and needed to add a filler to get to 100 for a 15 dollar discount. They shipped the 10 dollar filler and charged me the full shipping and tax for the entire order. They backordered the main item I purchased for a month and wont let me cancel or refund me the excess charges, so ive paid like 27 bucks for the filler.

[quote name='caltab']ive had similarly crappy experiences with their online store. I ordered a 90 dollar toy that said in stock and needed to add a filler to get to 100 for a 15 dollar discount. They shipped the 10 dollar filler and charged me the full shipping and tax for the entire order. They backordered the main item I purchased for a month and wont let me cancel or refund me the excess charges, so ive paid like 27 bucks for the filler.[/QUOTE]

If you didn't get your money back, you're a fool. Worst case scenario, you need to get the BBB all over that.

bread's done
Back