Buy one used game/dvd ($19.99 or more) get one free ($19.99 or less) (Gamestop.com)

alfonsosoriano

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
It's back....Just so you are aware, this will end soon. Within a day or two.

Buy any pre-owned DVD or Game valued at $19.99 or more and receive second pre-owned video game or DVD valued at $19.99 or less absolutely free!

ADD any pre-owned title, valued at $19.99 or more, to your cart. Next add one pre-owned DVD or game for $19.99 or less to your cart.

Enter coupon code POB1G1 into the coupon code box on your shopping cart page. Ignore all other coupon codes.

PROCEED to checkout as normal & select your shipping method. Your discount will be applied at checkout!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
Terms of offer subject to change at any time. No dealers or resellers, please. Valid for in-stock pre-owned items only. Only 1 discount per order - may not be combined with other offers or promotions. Valid only on purchases of pre-owned games and DVDs. Not Valid on consoles or bundle offers, including games with free premium items. Offer good online only - not valid in stores.

Cool, usually the minimum price is $30 when they do this deal. Does GS allow you to do in-store returns for online purchases now? It'd be nice to have that safety net there since they don't guarantee case or manual with their games.

[quote name='BustaUppa']Cool, usually the minimum price is $30 when they do this deal. Does GS allow you to do in-store returns for online purchases now? It'd be nice to have that safety net there since they don't guarantee case or manual with their games.[/QUOTE]
According to the store locator, yes.

Products purchased from GameStop.com can only be returned to either GameStop.com or to a GameStop store.

[quote name='botticus']According to the store locator, yes.[/QUOTE]

That is great news, since last time I did this I was sent the wrong game TWICE (same WRONG game) before they got me the correct title. Ended up being a couple of months later...

i wonder if there'll be a B2G1 in-store this weekend. I just bought Gitaroo Man, but I'd like to return it and get it as part of a deal.

Wish I had money to spare on this (there's some PS RPG's I want - I saw Front Mission 3 for $15) but I am overbudget from too many sales. :cry: I've been buying so much, I'm not going to buy any games for all of March. Yeah, uh huh.

i took advantage of this deal when it first appeared last night, bought mvsc2 and got chaosfield gc free, both for 56.16 shipped with tax, then had bought fifa06 and mvp2005 for 29.96 shipped with tax, good deal but i didnt like how i had to pay shipping twice, gamestop being stingy and not letting u get the discount more than once in each order, 6 dollars coudlve bought me lunch for the day

Shipping is only 2.99, so I can live with that. Alot of used PSP games i actually want. Funny they have Virtua Tennis new for 19.99 but used for 24.99 :)

[quote name='Americanpierg']i took advantage of this deal when it first appeared last night, bought mvsc2 and got chaosfield gc free, both for 56.16 shipped with tax, then had bought fifa06 and mvp2005 for 29.96 shipped with tax, good deal but i didnt like how i had to pay shipping twice, gamestop being stingy and not letting u get the discount more than once in each order, 6 dollars coudlve bought me lunch for the day[/quote]

I was thinking the same thing with Marvel vs Capcom

Hmm, this might be a good way to take advantage of the GoW/GT4 price drop. Think I would go for it but I dont have a Gamestop nearby so I would be risking getting copies that were not complete >

[quote name='King of Swing']I'd bite if I knew for sure that the games would come complete...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that's the only thing holding me back...

[quote name='King of Swing']I'd bite if I knew for sure that the games would come complete...[/quote]

only reason i bought mvsc2 was because the stores around me said that for any reason i could return anygame i bought online as long as i didnt break the seal. if it wasnt for that there would have been no way i would bought a disc onloy game for 50 dollars

since this game was bought with a deal, does this mean that i wont be able to get a refund if i try to return it?

[quote name='Americanpierg']only reason i bought mvsc2 was because the stores around me said that for any reason i could return anygame i bought online as long as i didnt break the seal. if it wasnt for that there would have been no way i would bought a disc onloy game for 50 dollars

since this game was bought with a deal, does this mean that i wont be able to get a refund if i try to return it?[/QUOTE]

i *think* you can try to exchange it but if you try to return a game that you got free, you would only get back what you paid($0.00) and if you try to return the game you paid for to just get the free game, I dont think any gamestop reg monkey is THAT dumb that they would let it fly but it is worth a shot i suppose.

edit: i imagine you would have to return BOTH games if you wanted to return for a refund.

[quote name='dracula']i *think* you can try to exchange it but if you try to return a game that you got free, you would only get back what you paid($0.00) and if you try to return the game you paid for to just get the free game, I dont think any gamestop reg monkey is THAT dumb that they would let it fly but it is worth a shot i suppose.

edit: i imagine you would have to return BOTH games if you wanted to return for a refund.[/quote]

monkies are cool, but yea i dont really wanna return mvsc2 i just want to secure a complete version, so maybe ill just go to the stores that have them in stock and exchange it

can u usually tell if they sent u a complete game? i can imagine itd be easy to tell if it came with the original box, but itll prolly be impossible to tell if the instructions are included without breaking oepning the seal

ha if you try and place multiple orders, they eventually give you that error message about the billing address, even though the other order(s) you placed went through fine with that address. It must be something built into the cart to make sure people don't try and take advantage of this deal too much.

[quote name='Americanpierg']only reason i bought mvsc2 was because the stores around me said that for any reason i could return anygame i bought online as long as i didnt break the seal. if it wasnt for that there would have been no way i would bought a disc onloy game for 50 dollars

since this game was bought with a deal, does this mean that i wont be able to get a refund if i try to return it?[/QUOTE

usually you have to return both games

Only things i saw

TO BUY
WIld arms 4 26.99
Monster rancher 4 24.99
Suikoden tactics 24.99

FREE item

GT 4
Playboy the mansion

would end up with 2 games for 30 bucks or so making them 15 each... i think Playboy fetches at least 15 bucks on ebay

seems playboy has fetched 18-30 bucks complete on ebay.. so if it would be like getting the other game free

I suppose I might consider this when I get home tonight... nothing amazing, but could get some decent games fairly cheap. Hard to find a second game expensive enough to really score.

I wish they'd just do a straight B1G1F.

[quote name='Americanpierg']monkies are cool, but yea i dont really wanna return mvsc2 i just want to secure a complete version, so maybe ill just go to the stores that have them in stock and exchange it

can u usually tell if they sent u a complete game? i can imagine itd be easy to tell if it came with the original box, but itll prolly be impossible to tell if the instructions are included without breaking oepning the seal[/QUOTE]

you can tell by the weight. the manuals take up about a third of the weigh of a complete game.

Anyone know if they'll run this deal instore? Look at the DS games you could pick up:

Age of Empires 19.99
Phoenix Wright 19.99
The Rub Rabbits 14.99

[quote name='poopy']Anyone know if they'll run this deal instore? Look at the DS games you could pick up:

Age of Empires 19.99
Phoenix Wright 19.99
The Rub Rabbits 14.99[/quote]

im 90% sure i saw it say that it was online only

is it just that Im soo used to EB's site, or is Gamestops site harder to navigate? I cant seem to find a way to list the games by price order, and it just feels less intuitive and easy to use.

[quote name='Puffa469']is it just that Im soo used to EB's site, or is Gamestops site harder to navigate? I cant seem to find a way to list the games by price order, and it just feels less intuitive and easy to use.[/quote]

lol well ur going to start having to get used to it when the merger finalizes

[quote name='mjkusy13']hey, does anyone know if Gamestop still has B2G1 on dvds in store?[/QUOTE]

yeah, that seems to be a permanant deal(it has been going on now for over a year), most of their dvds are overpriced, but they actually have very good prices on tv seasons.

[quote name='poopy']Anyone know if they'll run this deal instore? Look at the DS games you could pick up:

Age of Empires 19.99
Phoenix Wright 19.99
The Rub Rabbits 14.99[/QUOTE]

Anytime you need to use a code like this on www.gamestop.com it is online only.

[quote name='dracula']yeah, that seems to be a permanant deal(it has been going on now for over a year), most of their dvds are overpriced, but they actually have very good prices on tv seasons.[/quote]

Yea i picked up Charmed Seasons 1 and 2, and Millenium Season 3 for $50 after Buy2Get1 free(in store deal) - pretty good, and discs look perfect.

[quote name='tidwell']I can't get this to work despite each game in my cart being 24.99.
Damn![/quote]
Thats because one has to be 19.99 or less.

Age of Empires 19.99
Phoenix Wright 19.99
The Rub Rabbits 14.99[/QUOTE]

Even if it worked in store, what store has all three of those in stock?? Good luck finding a single store with phoenix wright.

yesterday my order arrived(futurama s3 and katarmari free) but they only sent me the packaging for the futurama(the disc cases were empty heh) so i called and asked if they would send the dvds from a different wharehouse and they said no and would just have them send another, hopefully that one actually has the discs heh.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']It's back on.[/QUOTE]
YES!!! Thanks for the heads up. I bought Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance (PS2) for $25 and got Skies of Arcadia Legends (GCN) for free. Thanks again.

Damn I thought this was B1G1 for all used games over $20. I was just about to grab Perfect Dark and Kameo for $40. Too bad I can't read... oh well...

Hmmm, this would be a lot better if it were 29.99 instead of 19.99.

Can't find anything that i want 19.99 or less.
I'd split an order with someone who can only find a 19.99 or less game, if anyone is interested.

bread's done
Back