Buy or Sell inFamous - $35, and MORE @ Gamestaq

do you guys accept games that has no UPC like tiger woods 10 for the wii when it was bundled with wii motion plus or other games that might ve been bundled and it says not for resale ?

My buddy has been looking for BlazBlue for the PS3 and didn't wanna give gamestop $55+tax, so I pointed him to you guys - he got on the site asked me what the catch was lol.

I've had a positive experience selling back used games on gamestaq - planning on purchasing Punchout soon. I think requiring the manual should be part of the site, but other than that, I look forward for future updates. I am still waiting on sellback orders from a few weeks ago - got paid a while ago and sent them out but it doesn't say you guys have received it yet (8/13 and 8/23). Could you check on that?

[quote name='saiyajinsc']do you guys accept games that has no UPC like tiger woods 10 for the wii when it was bundled with wii motion plus or other games that might ve been bundled and it says not for resale ?[/QUOTE]

Great question. Let me check up on that on my end and post back here.

[quote name='lpaca']My buddy has been looking for BlazBlue for the PS3 and didn't wanna give gamestop $55+tax, so I pointed him to you guys - he got on the site asked me what the catch was lol.

I've had a positive experience selling back used games on gamestaq - planning on purchasing Punchout soon. I think requiring the manual should be part of the site, but other than that, I look forward for future updates. I am still waiting on sellback orders from a few weeks ago - got paid a while ago and sent them out but it doesn't say you guys have received it yet (8/13 and 8/23). Could you check on that?[/QUOTE]

Wow. Thanks!
Will check up on your orders asap. But we did get a big delivery from USPS just alittle while ago, so alot of orders will be updated by tomorrow.

[quote name='skity']i keep getting invalid key =([/QUOTE]
Give it a try now. We had a glitch earlier with the beta password.
But all should be a-ok now.

Awesome setup you have over there flooty. I might just wait ~month after a game comes out to buy it through you instead of pre-ordering and save some cash. I'm hoping your prices will be more inviting than the whole $5 off most places offer for used new releases.

[quote name='snives']Awesome setup you have over there flooty. I might just wait ~month after a game comes out to buy it through you instead of pre-ordering and save some cash. I'm hoping your prices will be more inviting than the whole $5 off most places offer for used new releases. [/QUOTE]

There is a catch 22 here... if he lower the sell price, that means he has to lower the trade-in value too, and nobody will trade to Gamestaq if the trade-in value too low.

$5 cheaper is still $5 right?

I can't seem to get into the site. Keeps saying invalid passkey.
:(

edit: The hint doesn't work but the one on twitter does.

edit2: Can I sell 2 games and then make another order and sell another 2 games? Or do I have to wait for each transaction to be finalized.

edit3: Got to say I really like this site. Finally got rid of Farcry2 and Infamous but also for decent tiv's. Will definately be shopping here more often with these low prices.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='snives']The beta code from twitter worked, the "hint" was invalid :p[/QUOTE]

[quote name='EnjoysDeals']I can't seem to get into the site. Keeps saying invalid passkey.

edit2: Can I sell 2 games and then make another order and sell another 2 games? Or do I have to wait for each transaction to be finalized.

edit3: Got to say I really like this site. Finally got rid of Farcry2 and Infamous but also for decent tiv's. Will definately be shopping here more often with these low prices.[/QUOTE]

Cmon guys, the hint is only there to help you figure out the password... its not the actual password!

[quote name='EnjoysDeals']I can't seem to get into the site. Keeps saying invalid passkey.

edit3: Got to say I really like this site. Finally got rid of Farcry2 and Infamous but also for decent tiv's. Will definately be shopping here more often with these low prices.[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Glad to hear youre enjoying the site so far.
Re Sell orders - Users can sell 2 games at a time, wait until those games are "received", and then you can place the 2nd sell order.

[quote name='gi60'][quote name='snives']Awesome setup you have over there flooty. I might just wait ~month after a game comes out to buy it through you instead of pre-ordering and save some cash. I'm hoping your prices will be more inviting than the whole $5 off most places offer for used new releases. [/QUOTE]

There is a catch 22 here... if he lower the sell price, that means he has to lower the trade-in value too, and nobody will trade to Gamestaq if the trade-in value too low.

$5 cheaper is still $5 right?[/QUOTE]

We believe there is a compromise # between the buy and sell values that would be the "sweet spot" for both buyer and seller.
There is more than just trade in value... there is also convenience.
So, yes, you may be able to get few dollars more on e-bay, but you also have to deal with what e-bay is... an auction site.
We're always tweaking our costing system to try and get to that fair sweet spot for both buyers and sellers.

[quote name='flooty333']Cmon guys, the hint is only there to help you figure out the password... its not the actual password![/QUOTE]

I was actually super proud of myself that I saw the hint, recognized it, and got the beta code correct on my first try.

Flooty.. I sent the Batman yesterday by the way.

Guys, my Batman is in excellent condition (sealed :))... so go grab it.

[quote name='nlyonssmith']I was actually super proud of myself that I saw the hint, recognized it, and got the beta code correct on my first try.[/QUOTE]

We here at Gamestaq applaud you, good sir! :applause::applause::applause:

Hey, I suggest taking away the beta password, that could make people think that you need one for the site and get turned away from the site.

I would love to use your service, but the thing is I must have the manual. :p I have bought used from GameStop only a couple of times and every time I made them find me a good condition one with a manual. If they didn't have one that was in good condition and/or did not come with a manual I wouldn't buy.

What I am trying to say is, if you can make an option that says whether it will come with a manual or not I would be grateful. :)

Some reason I cant get pass the stupid beta screen. Doesn't take my "password", its a bit messed up because I'm already a member on there...

Sent my games today. Thinking about picking up Batman from your site. But it would be easier if we could pay with paypal. Takes like 5 days to transfer it out.

[quote name='wetmayo']Some reason I cant get pass the stupid beta screen. Doesn't take my "password", its a bit messed up because I'm already a member on there...[/QUOTE]

Try using the password Contra.

Bah! both of the games I want to sell (infamous and killzone 2)have the option to sell grayed out! I look forward to trying this ou in the future though.

Hi, I just discovered Gamestaq and I'm starting out by selling Far Cry 2.. I noticed the postage label has a different address (under 'Postage Due Unit') than the address that my receipt tells me to send it to. Do I just apply the label regardless without having to personally write in another address?

Thanks in advance for your response.

[quote name='SqueezyCrusty']Hi, I just discovered Gamestaq and I'm starting out by selling Far Cry 2.. I noticed the postage label has a different address (under 'Postage Due Unit') than the address that my receipt tells me to send it to. Do I just apply the label regardless without having to personally write in another address?

Thanks in advance for your response.[/QUOTE]

Hey - thanks for giving us a go.

Yes, just apply the label. It gets routed through the USPS station, so that's probably the address that's on the label.

Hope this helps.

I just finished my first order (Sold Infamous and Resistance 2) and created my second order (Selling UFC and RE5). I see myself doing even more business in the future. Great site. Keep it up.

I'd like to buy from here too but, I need assurance that I will get a complete good condition copy of the game. Until then, I'm holding out.

@Enjoydeals - yes, the status of your order in your My Orders page to "Received".

@Kandal - 95% of the games we have in stock have manuals. And we're probably tweaking a few rules thus week, one of them being the manual issue.

If you want to PM me which games you're considering, I can make sure they have manuals for you.

Thanks.

Thinking about getting Metal Gear Solid 4 and Infamous. The manual issue is killing me as well but I think that I might just bite the bullet regardless.

Would also like to get Uncharted off of this site but it seems to not be in the database yet. Any news on when it will be added flooty?

I put in my first sell order two days ago and haven't yet received any sort of paypal initiation of payment. Did y'all take the weekend off? :)

[quote name='thebadplay']I put in my first sell order two days ago and haven't yet received any sort of paypal initiation of payment. Did y'all take the weekend off? :)[/QUOTE]

Considering the holiday I would assume so. :D

Put in my 2nd for sale order. Waiting for the Paypal and then will turn around and make my first buy order.

Yeh guys... Holiday weekend has us behind sched. Gonna be back to normal tomorrow.

@indignate. If you PM me your order number I'll make sure the games are complete before they go out.

[quote name='Skoad']You should put little love notes in the cases as well.[/QUOTE]

I wasn't asking for it, but if flooty wants to go ahead and make sure that the games I order are complete then that's some great customer service. They sure as hell will be getting more of my business for it.

I may even have to send them gifts such as flowers and chocolates if they were to supply me with notes of their affection.

Flooty,

I made a buy-back order last night for my copy of Batman, but I don't want to ship it until I see the payment in my PayPal account. Any idea of how things are progressing from the holiday break?

[quote name='KCircle']Flooty,

I made a buy-back order last night for my copy of Batman, but I don't want to ship it until I see the payment in my PayPal account. Any idea of how things are progressing from the holiday break?[/QUOTE]

Looks like your payment is scheduled for later tonight or tomorrow morn.

[quote name='flooty333']Looks like your payment is scheduled for later tonight or tomorrow morn.[/QUOTE]

How are you guys doing on processing orders coming in?

I added an extra game onto an order and want to get paid for it.

Overall, love the site. My experience has been great.

[quote name='philliesfan']How are you guys doing on processing orders coming in?

I added an extra game onto an order and want to get paid for it.

Overall, love the site. My experience has been great.[/QUOTE]

Yo - what do you mean "added an extra game to an order"?

Damn! I just sent about $200 worth of games to Amazon this morning. You guys seem to have a top notch program. May have to trade with you in the future.

Hey Flooty, still quite happy with your service.

Was wondering, are you guys planning to accept paypal for purchasing? I enjoy buying new games to flip over to you guys, and then using the return to buy another game I didn't try yet, but it's a bit of a hassle losing money to paypal to get them to ship me checks.

I just tried checking out the site...what's with the beta code being required? How do I get one? I tried the "hint" but it didn't work.

[quote name='srcowie']Hey Flooty, still quite happy with your service.

Was wondering, are you guys planning to accept paypal for purchasing? I enjoy buying new games to flip over to you guys, and then using the return to buy another game I didn't try yet, but it's a bit of a hassle losing money to paypal to get them to ship me checks.[/QUOTE]

Yup - Paypal checkout option is in the works.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I just tried checking out the site...what's with the beta code being required? How do I get one? I tried the "hint" but it didn't work.[/QUOTE]

Hey - the Beta Passcode: CONTRA.
Enjoy!

[quote name='flooty333']Yo - what do you mean "added an extra game to an order"?[/QUOTE]

I had two orders:

1) 2 games
2) NCAA10

I got paid for order one but since I was sending it in anyway, I just added the packing slip and NCAA10 to the box. Hopefully you guys were able to process it. I can pm you my order numbers if needed.

[quote name='flooty333']Yup - Paypal checkout option is in the works.

Hey - the Beta Passcode: CONTRA.
Enjoy![/QUOTE]

Good times!
I've done nothing but sing yer guys praises to anyone that'll listen, and will continue to do so.

[quote name='srcowie']Good times!
I've done nothing but sing yer guys praises to anyone that'll listen, and will continue to do so.[/QUOTE]

Thank you my good sir!
We need all the users we can get... its like the chicken and the egg.
We need users to have a successful peer to peer marketplace... but you need a marketplace to bring users!!

[quote name='hockeyfun66@']Lmao, agreed[/QUOTE]

I'll make sure to include on in your next order, Hockeyfun! You can frame it for your wall.

bread's done
Back