Buy select BR or DVD titles, get a free ticket to X-Men Origins: Wolverine.

shrike4242

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1043 (100%)
Looks like Amazon is doing their own spin on the eMovie cash deal that BB is doing:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=amb_link_84170951_2?ie=UTF8&docId=1000364291&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=hero-quick-promo&pf_rd_r=0R490V3C2NVJWFM97PZE&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_p=474993491&pf_rd_i=B001PPGAKS&tag=cheapassgam08-20

One nice thing is that there's some different options with this list of movies, one of which is the X-Men Trilogy. Another nice thing is that I, Robot is one of the movies, and it's still good on the B2G1 promotion that runs until tomorrow.

Good from 04/21/09 to 05/11/09.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, looks like you can save $14 just by getting the X-Men movies out of the set. I might pick those up. Can you give away the promo code for the Wolverine tickets? I probably won't use it.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind, thought this was a B2G1 deal. But I think I saw all the X-men movies there too but the list might have been reshuffled by now.

EDIT: Just checked, only the old X3 is in the B2G1 now. Probably so they can get rid of them all since it's an obsolete product now.

[quote name='Magic24']so will i still get the movie ticket if i get a movie thats in both deal ? or is it one deal or the other ?[/quote]I checked out with I, Robot and two other movies and it showed the free movie ticket in the order confirmation email, as well as before I checked out.

So, yes, it's applicable for both, if one of the three movies in the list on the link above, and the B2G1 page.

The only movie that I'm interested in that applies to both sales is F4 : Rise of the Silver Surfer. Does anyone know whether the :br: version is preferable to the :dvd:Cosmic Edition?

I heard the Cosmic edition has a nice collection of extras on it , but if the :br: edition has most of the same extras I'd rather get that.

[quote name='StarKnightX']The only movie that I'm interested in that applies to both sales is F4 : Rise of the Silver Surfer. Does anyone know whether the :br: version is preferable to the
344.jpg
:dvd:Cosmic Edition?

I heard the Cosmic edition has a nice collection of extras on it , but if the :br: edition has most of the same extras I'd rather get that.[/quote]
I believe the blue ray has the same extras "my friend has it" although I'm not %100 sure.. I'll check with my friend.

[quote name='StarKnightX']The only movie that I'm interested in that applies to both sales is F4 : Rise of the Silver Surfer. Does anyone know whether the :br: version is preferable to the :dvd:Cosmic Edition?

I heard the Cosmic edition has a nice collection of extras on it , but if the :br: edition has most of the same extras I'd rather get that.[/quote]

Get the blu-ray trust me. Sports top-notch audio/video and some nifty extras.

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Get the blu-ray trust me. Sports top-notch audio/video and some nifty extras.[/quote]

I just wanted to be safe. Was hoping the F4:RotSS wouldn't end up being like the original movie , where the BR was basically worse than the extended edition version dvd.

I think it's complete, staggering bullshit that, because I preordered the X-MEN TRILOGY BD, instead of buying it on release date, I've been told by the Amazon powers that be that I don't qualify for the free ticket. I still intend to fight it--their offer says the sale must be completed by 4/21 and you can't complete a sale until the item is released. Why in the world would you punish customers who are the first in line to buy your products???

[quote name='Filmmaker']I think it's complete, staggering bullshit that, because I preordered the X-MEN TRILOGY BD, instead of buying it on release date, I've been told by the Amazon powers that be that I don't qualify for the free ticket. I still intend to fight it--their offer says the sale must be completed by 4/21 and you can't complete a sale until the item is released. Why in the world would you punish customers who are the first in line to buy your products???[/quote]

I think the train of thought is that since you pre-ordered it , they assume you were happy and willing to buy that item at that price , without any further enticements needed.

Thats not to say that what happened is fair or right.

bread's done
Back