Buy Singularity (360) get Prototype for FREE

RedFoxCommando

CAGiversary!
According to an ad in Best Buys @GAMER Magazine (page 6), if you buy a copy of Singularity for XBOX 360 you get a mail in offer to get Prototype for free.

There aren't many details other than this is an exclusive XBOX 360 offer.

If anyone can confirm this reply asap to help us out...I would try but I'm a PS3 owner and don't see the need to own two games I can't play.

Good luck to those who wish to try!

D'oh. The joke's on me. Anyway, Kmart had a deal a couple weeks ago for Singularity. I was able to snag a copy for $27.

You have to pay five dollars for shipping for Prototype. Other than that, it comes disc-only.

all initial Xbox 360 copies have the offer for the free Prototype no matter what retailer you buy it from, not just Best Buy.

There's actually a thread about this, but it's buried a ways back on the deals page or in the graveyard at this point (as it may have been tied in with Amazon's preorder deal). But yeah, it's a free copy ... comes in a paper sleeve though, so that may deter some individuals from taking part. If you want the deal, you need the sticker on the front of the 360 plastic packaging, so don't throw it out!

Here's the official website for the deal: https://prototypeoffer.singularity-thegame.com/

A quick run down of their FAQ:

Costs $4.95 for shipping and handling. Requires you to send in a sticker/postcard insert from the game case and a receipt for proof of purchase date. Must have purchased the game before August 31st, 2010. Must have mail-in postmarked by September 30th and received by October 7th, 2010. Prototype will be delivered within 6-8 weeks. The game does not come with a case/manual, only a cardboard sleeve.

just beat this game last nite, all I need now is 100 extermination rounds and iv got another plat ;) i thought it was a great game, but I got for 35, gonna tiv for 32. good game and good deal all around ;)

It's actually a really good game so far. I haven't got to far into single player but so far so good,multi player on the other hand is amazing and very different from anything I've played.

[quote name='jrallen99']You do have to pay $4.95 shipping so it is not exactly free.[/QUOTE]

TV infomercials do this crap all the time & I just laugh. YOU JUST SAID IT WAS FREE!

I thought this was gonna be a clunker but I was definitely wrong. Single player was great and multi player is extremely addicting.

Long Live The Hive!!!!!

Played this the other night and all I have to say is...

DAMNNNN.

This game is great. Granted its a little linear but thats OK. Its great. I can't recommend it enough.

[quote name='nietzsche74']How long has this been going on for, exactly?[/QUOTE]

Since the launch of the game. It has been mentioned in a few threads.

[quote name='smoger']lol @ complaining about $5 to ship a game.. seriously guys?[/QUOTE]

It didn't say that in the pre-order description, though, nor the fact that it comes in a sleeve. Plus, this is Proto-tard we're talking about here.

So yes, in this case, $5 is far too much.

[quote name='JWZZR']will this make any body buy singularity ?[/QUOTE]

It was one of the deciding factors for me. I got it from Amazon with a $20 gaming coupon and exclusive graphic novel. I pre-ordered it, actually, and got Prototype in the mail yesterday, so however many weeks that was.

I probably should've traded it for cash, but I figured I'd make someone happier by putting it on Goozex.

I actually had fun with Prototype. It could have had more variety in the missions but the gliding mechanic was pretty fantastic.

[quote name='yarkitty123']It didn't say that in the pre-order description, though, nor the fact that it comes in a sleeve. Plus, this is Proto-tard we're talking about here.

So yes, in this case, $5 is far too much.[/QUOTE]

Come on man. Only the very naive or foolish would expect them to send it to you for free. "S/H extra" has been a staple since people started getting free shit from the side of Captain Crunch boxes.

Plus, if you think Prototard (oh so clever) is so bad, then why would you even care if it comes free w/ Singularity? It would be a non-issue.

[quote name='z3razerviper']it got delivered pretty quick.[/QUOTE]

Is the disc the regular version or the Platinum Hits version? I can order the box and instructions from BRE.

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Great game feels like bioshock and deadspace rolled into one[/QUOTE]

Agree... very nice game.

i kinda want to take advantage of it but i've spent a little to much latly.
it's off bestbuy.com right? and i down't need reward zone.

I was very surprised about Singularity, I bought it from Amazon in a gold box deal, very under rated game, if they made a few tweaks on the multiplayer, couple patches and better host selection this game would be amazing. Otherwise it's still way more fun than most of what's out now and what's on the horizon (Medal of Honor).

I didn't know prototype was coming in a disc sleeve that's pretty lame, I was hoping to sell it once I was done with it as well.

Finished off Singularity pretty quickly after getting it from KMart for $35. Really enjoyed it. Part Bioshock, but more half-life. Was able to trade in to Amazon for $30 in credit. Excited for Prototype because it seems like the character moves with more ease than Assassin's Creed. Moving that guy feels like steering a car while pushing, and it's driving me crazy.

[quote name='murphyspub']Finished off Singularity pretty quickly after getting it from KMart for $35. Really enjoyed it. Part Bioshock, but more half-life. Was able to trade in to Amazon for $30 in credit. Excited for Prototype because it seems like the character moves with more ease than Assassin's Creed. Moving that guy feels like steering a car while pushing, and it's driving me crazy.[/QUOTE]

As long as you don't try and get the achievement for platinum medals on the (optional) challenges, you'll be fine. He does indeed move with ease, but the control is pretty loose, and the races require a level of precision that the gameplay just doesn't provide. I managed to get gold medals in every challenge in the game, but the platinums, particularly for the timed races, are just maddening. Got maybe half of them, then just gave up, as it was causing me too much frustration. The landmark achievement is pretty tedious, too; i got probably 185/200, then just got bored looking for them.

Anyway, my two cents on Prototype is: fun game if you can just enjoy playing it, but you'll tear your hair out trying to get 1000/1000.

it took me about 10 days to get prototype, its ok. not really my type of game but its free so Ill play around with it when I have nothing else to play

I've probably already mentioned this 1000 times but this game is great. Single player was awesome and multi play is addicting as hell.

----> Long live the Hive

I really liked the game too. Even multiplayer was fun. I did unfortunately trade it in after finishing. Getting 27 for it after paying $30 was just too good to pass up. Will pick it up again when it's less than $20 sometime next year after the holiday rush. I'll be too busy playing reach and fallout:NV to play this one.

bread's done
Back