Buy the season pass with bioshock infinite get the CE strategy guide for $11.96 at GS

Ray5555

CAGiversary!
I just got back the CE guide cost me only $11.96. I know about the $20 off the strategy guide promo, but they also gave me a discount of $1.33, and $3.70 with the $20 promo. If people are looking to get both the season pass and the CE guide this is a nice deal.

holy crap this is a good deal. so did you pay $20 for the season pass and $11.36 for the guide for a total of $31.36? Is this ymmv or do all powerup silver members get this?

[quote name='PublikDefender']holy crap this is a good deal. so did you pay $20 for the season pass and $11.36 for the guide for a total of $31.36? Is this ymmv or do all powerup silver members get this?[/QUOTE]

I am just a free member. I got a $25.03 discount on the CE stratgey guide. I got lucky since it was the last one they had.

[quote name='Vigilante']If I didn't have to buy a copy of the game (I prefer BBY's $20 RZ bonus), I might have considered doing this...[/QUOTE]
oh, you have to buy the game? i was wondering if i was missing something. i pre-ordered from best buy too so i guess i can't get in on this deal.

Based on the math I see this is not that great of a deal.

GameStop:
$60+20+11.96=$91.96+tax

Best Buy:
$60+20+22.19(price match Amazon)=$102.19+tax and then you get $20 back in rewards, so essentially $82, so $10 less.

Not a bad deal if you have GS credit to spend and did not get in on the $20 back at Best Buy, but it's not the best deal out there.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Based on the math I see this is not that great of a deal.

GameStop:
$60+20+11.96=$91.96+tax

Best Buy:
$60+20+22.19(price match Amazon)=$102.19+tax and then you get $20 back in rewards, so essentially $82, so $10 less.

Not a bad deal if you have GS credit to spend and did not get in on the $20 back at Best Buy, but it's not the best deal out there.[/QUOTE]

Another thing about this at least for BBY people is the Season pass is just a 1600 point code so if you already have a ton of points then there would be no reason to buy it.

Full disclosure: I did this last night at GS with the SE guide. With the PUR card the guide ended up being free. I have a bunch of credit at GS which is why I bought it there. The SE guide is really nice also. Not very big but nicely put together.

This is a good deal if you didn't pre-order yet I am not totally sure on if you have to buy the game there. I just know the season pass. Hey if youare already going to get it at GS might as well get the CE guide there

bread's done
Back