Buy the Silent Scope Rifle for $49.99 and get House of the Dead 3 Free

That is an awesome deal, I have both items already and the rifle is great, better than any home light gun I have ever used.

[quote name='metroidkiller9']whats better to use for this game, the rifle or the blaster?[/quote]

I heard the blaster is cheap. I would buy the fle because it breaks down into a shotgun, which is how HODIII is supposed to be played

I've heard a lot about the rifle being unreliable and/or a lot of them were broken when this first shipped. Does anyone know how often this is a problem, or if there are still a lot of bad rifles out?

The problem is corrected with a controller extension cable.

I ordered my rifle over a month ago from VGD and the rifle came with a note in the box from Pelican apologizng for the problems with the gun but with the note was an extension cable which made the gun work.

If you buy the gun, and it doesn't work but doesn't have the cable, e-mail Pelican and they will send you out a cable for free.

I don't think anyone has had any problems with the rifle with HOTD3 after the extension cable solution. There are problems when using it with Silent Scope Complete though. Many people have to turn the brightness on their TV's way up which makes the game near unenjoyable. This is a problem with Silent Scope Complete though and not the rifle as the rifle works perfectly with HOTD3. I have both the blaster and rifle and I highly prefer the rifle over the blaster.

I wasn't planning on picking up Silent Scope until it came down from $39.99. After hearing this, I think I'm going to request a replacement extension cable just in case.

The extension cable really doesn't effect the brightness issue in Silent Scope Complete. The cable only helps with disconnect issues.

Thanks for the info! I decided that, if the fix is as easy as that, I would have to get the bundle.

Also added Otogi for $20 at the same time.

Man, this is really tempting, the reason I sold my HOtD3 the first time around was for lack of a decent lightgun for the thing, and I got sick of playing it like a bad FPS with the controller.

May have to look into re-acquiring it now :D

Now that I have HOtD3, anyone know where I can get the Mad Catz Blaster on the cheap? The best price I can come up with is using a GGC at Best Buy to get it for $35. Thanks.

is the pelican rifle supposed to auto-reload in HOTD3 even when its on the normal setting on the side of the rifle? i just bought this bundle and returned it within hours cuz it was auto-reloading, i never got a chance to pump the shotgun to reload since it always reloaded for me!

[quote name='XflightriskX']is the pelican rifle supposed to auto-reload in HOTD3 even when its on the normal setting on the side of the rifle? i just bought this bundle and returned it within hours cuz it was auto-reloading, i never got a chance to pump the shotgun to reload since it always reloaded for me![/quote]

It's the game itself that is programmed to auto-reload whenever you run out of bullets. You should use the pump to reload anytime that you are not shooting at anything, that way you have a full clip for your next wave of zombies.

[quote name='droidekaspam']Now that I have HOtD3, anyone know where I can get the Mad Catz Blaster on the cheap? The best price I can come up with is using a GGC at Best Buy to get it for $35. Thanks.[/quote]

Well, it is a big YMMV, but I lucked out the other day and got an open-box one at CC for under $18 (I didn't mind it being open box, because I'd have thrown away the cheap plastic packaging anyway. Anybody else miss the days when accessories came in actual boxes?). I saw them at GS for $35 new. I didn't even see them at BB.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='droidekaspam']Now that I have HOtD3, anyone know where I can get the Mad Catz Blaster on the cheap? The best price I can come up with is using a GGC at Best Buy to get it for $35. Thanks.[/quote]

Well, it is a big YMMV, but I lucked out the other day and got an open-box one at CC for under $18 (I didn't mind it being open box, because I'd have thrown away the cheap plastic packaging anyway. Anybody else miss the days when accessories came in actual boxes?). I saw them at GS for $35 new. I didn't even see them at BB.[/quote]

I haven't seen very many light guns in B&M stores at all. I tend to think that they don't sell them or at least limit their stock because they don't want to be associated with gun violence. Either that or there are a grand total of two light gun games for XBox and so no one wants them.

bread's done
Back